[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize video games were a placebo for actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1449555331841.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
1449555331841.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1811
When did you realize video games were a placebo for actually accomplishing things?

When did you stop playing the video game jew?
>>
>>70148679
after i finish this new assassins creed senpai
>>
Tomorrow, maybe.
>>
>doing something fun is a placebo for accomplishing things

So I guess I should stop reading books? Or stop homebrewing? Or stop gardening? Or stop watching movies?

Unless you're spending most of your free time playing video games, there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>70148821
Accomplish what?

Not having fun?
>>
so true

vidya fillz the voidz of zogz nwo
>>
About the same time I realized that 4chan and the internet as a whole (no exceptions for any website that involves communication/posting) is a placebo for actually talking to people, and is basically the equivalent of tinder for conversation.

Now 4chan is a bigger placebo for accomplishments than gaming ever was for me.
>>
>>70149049
Ain't it the truth.
>sigh
>>
>>70149184
RARE
>>
>>70149184
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>70148916
The fun isn't the placebo its the false sense of achievement

It satiates the male desire to achieve without accomplishing anything
>>
Then I took a step backwards and realized that most modern jobs (especially tech/office/service jobs), while they feel like you're accomplishing things, and maybe you are, are STILL a placebo or surrogate activity for REAL labor of sustaining yourself personally, using your hands, etc.

and the industrial revolution and every abstraction it created basically is responsible for everything from feminism to weakening of men to world wars to globalization.

Fucking Unabomber was right.

I wish I at least could go back to the OP's view and feel accomplished by programmming and building shit, now I see that as barely less vapid than video games.
>>
>>70149049
Yeah especially when you get doubles
>>
>>70149265
?
>>
>>70149184
>>70149327

Nice ViDJA ID
>>
>>70148679
Anon, give it up. Video games are a form of entertainment. People like to be entertained. Always have. Always will. There is no intrinsic value in toiling away trying to "actually accomplish things". Enjoying your life, whether it is through video games or anything is is much more worthwhile.
>>
>>70149484
in the end all forms of entertainment are useless. In the middle ages actors were considered in the same class as prostitutes

today EVERYONE acts in at least one aspect of their lives and all forms of entertainment involve lying and acting, and so does the average professional life.

Short of living like the Amish it's near impossible
>>
File: 1459543784096.jpg (135 KB, 1280x1240) Image search: [Google]
1459543784096.jpg
135 KB, 1280x1240
>>70149327
ULTRA RAREEEEEEE
>>
>>70149319

this anon has it

real accomplishments are things like children, land ownership, self sufficient life

>when all the merchants wear kike hats, it's time to grow your own food
>>
>>70148994
Not just the void's of ZOG's NWO, but put simply the void created when technology supplanted the role of man.

I mean you can go be a hermit farmer, but in the end it's not the same when such a life is optional, and not needed for survival and not how you grew up personally.

Plus most people alive today are genetic and or weak trash that would have died as infants in that world if not for modern medicine keeping them alive as shells.
>>
>>70149872
even people who lift, diet and gym all day aren't really much more fit overall.

the fact that you have to do these things in safe spaces instead of actually to live says a lot
>>
>>70150104
safe spaces....what you call a room with equipment in it...Are you retarded? I ask this because I can't tell if you are a troll pretending to be or just that fucking retarded.
>>
>>70149614
>today EVERYONE acts in at least one aspect of their lives
Do you think this was ever not the case? Do you think Mr. Flavius the Roman was completely honest when he told his boss at the marble workshop that he was "very happy to continue his eternal labor of making cool columns", or do you think he shrugged, and complained about it afterwards with his friends at the showers, and had all the same squabbles and conflicts and lies and deceit that we do today?
>>
>>70149484
You realize there are productive forms of entertainment right. Drawing, modelling, writing, any other thing that produces things of value. .

It's like the difference between processed shitty food and actual food. Both fulfill the hunger, for food or for production but one is easy cheap and ultimately self destructive, and the other effort intensive and brings long term health.

People who play video games all day and have no real skills end up depressed 90% of the time. See r9k
>>
Stop playing european and murican video games. Play based japanese video games with good waifus who are not degenerate and real scenario and background.
>>
File: 197676228_orig.jpg (95 KB, 650x475) Image search: [Google]
197676228_orig.jpg
95 KB, 650x475
>>70150318

check out this ancient safe space
>>
>>70150322
Of course it wasn't, but it was still an ideal to look up to. Just like premarital sex was forbidden even though plenty of people no doubt did it, at least they didn't talk about it as a good thing.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>70149324
>Mfw this get
>>
>>70150482
I started to get into chiptune music production. I listen/play more vidya music than actual games these days. I really thank my parents for forcing me to take piano lessons from ages 5-18, and I'd say the one positive thing games did for me was motivate me to enjoy piano more as a kid.
>>
Dont talk shit about the ivory king nigger
>>
>>70148679
>implying the Jews actually let me accomplish things.
>>
I make 60k a year off a high school diploma and I play at least 2 hours a day, so never.

>>70148965
I accomplish that by playing video games, actually.
>>
>>70152111
so you're basically the non physically fit equivalent of a pro niggerball player
>>
>>70152111
>I accomplish that by playing video games, actually.
Modern games, I should say.
>>
>>70152183
I guess.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.