[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is christian but doesn't believe in god.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
Who else is christian but doesn't believe in god.
>>
>>70148596
how does that work?
admittedly the supernatural/miraculous parts of it are probably the hard part
>>
>Christian
>doesn't believe in God

pick one and only one
>>
>>70149079
>>70148804
you can still celebrate the holidays and not believe in god.
>>
>>70149427
That doesn't make a Christian though.
>>
>I want to celebrate christmas
>but I don't want to be christian
wew lad
>>
>>70149738
There is nothing wrong with that. Most people nowdays don't give a shit if God is real or not but want to spend quality time with their families during holydays.
>>
Live by the bible, celebrate the holidays. believing in god is only for retards
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruphKX72rSY
>>
>>70149427
Dipshit christmas is almost entirely a pagan winter solstice ritual. It's more pagan than it is christian at this point.
>>
>>70150765
Ey man that vid i posted God posted it for you, get hyped
>>
>>70148596
you believe in white culture dumbass.
>>
>>70150019
>Translation: I don't believe in God, but I want free stuff

Take a look on any social media around Christmas time. It's edgy faggots smashing their iFag because it isn't the one they wanted, crying about how God doesn't exist and church is a waste of time, but that doesn't stop them from protesting that faggots should be "married". In a church. Under the eyes of God.
>>
>>70152169
People really want gay mariage in churches?
>>
File: do it.jpg (72 KB, 651x768) Image search: [Google]
do it.jpg
72 KB, 651x768
>>70148596
>>70149427
>>70150040
>>
>>70149079
Christians don't actually believe in God. It's like a "thing". You know,
>>
>>70148804
i believe he means he goes to church and follows the teaching of christ, but doesnt believe in angels that watch you masturbate
>>
>>70151869
Oh my your stupid.
>>
>>70153261
Hopefully you have cancer
>>
nobody actually believes in God anymore

unless they're retarded

its all about culture, but as people have said, most of it is carry over from previous european traditions
>>
>>70153389
I dont know what you're talking about, and I don't think you do either.

t. a devout Christian
>>
>>70149738
Not a christian, but would go on Crusade if one was called.
>>
>>70153622
"Well people don't agree with me so they are either meming or just have tha retards xd"
>>
It's better to call yourself culturally Christian. You agree with Christian values, believe Christian countries are the best, whilst not believing in the biblical God.
>>
>>70148596

So you're a Jew worshiper of Jewish myths, even though you know they aren't real?

That's pretty cucked, unless you're a Jew.
>>
Somewhat.
>>70153390
Basically this.
>>
>>70154566
>It's better to call yourself culturally Christian.

It's better to call yourself Germanic/Celtic/Slavic than Jewish when you're not a Jew, like the creators of Christianity.
>>
fucking retarded canadians. to be called a christian, one must believe in god and follow the teachings of what ever denomination you believe in. just because you love christmas doesnt mean shit, unless you equate it with the birth of christ. a follower of a religion also celebrates other religious holidays. for example, catholics celebrate christmas, lent, easter, palm sunday, good friday, the assumption of mary, and a few others that i cant remember. NOW, if you dont believe in god, but your beliefs are parallel with the church, that doesnt make you shit. that is just your beliefs. believing in a deity makes you religious, not believing means you are not. fucking retard...

source: i was raised in a catholic home.
>>
>>70148596
I don't believe in God, as it is a silly idea. But I still identify myself as culturally catholic. Every Western atheist should do the same, in order to preserve culture.
>>
Can I celebrate hanukkah if I'm not a jew?
>>
>>70148804
>>70149079

Christianity is a not just a religion, but also a culture. You can still believe in its social values and enjoy its traditions, art and rituals. They are a basis of western culture and you should keep atheists close to Christian culture.
>>
>>70148596
>I don't believe in this absurd bullshit but let me bend over backwards for it and lick its sack clean
>please dominate me because I'm a submissive bitch

Literal cuck.
>>
>>70153806
agreed.
>>
>>70159000
Nice Comibination of Algebraic jigaboo voodoo symbols
DEUS
E
U
S
>>
>>70148596
Finnish Lutheric church teaches: God will find you even when you have turned your back for him, even when you hide yourself from His light, He will save you.

So I left the congregation to avoid church tax :D ebin :DDD
>>
File: 1459905858490.jpg (261 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1459905858490.jpg
261 KB, 960x960
>>70150040
>Live by the bible
>believing in god is only for retards
>>
>>70148596
>>70149427

if you think you are the slightest bit Christian just because you celebrate certain holidays, yet don't believe in God, you are either deluded or retarded.

i actually thought OP's post was a joke, but then i realized he's being serious.
>>
I'm an aethist who works at an all Christian company. I can't stand the people or the culture. It's so cultish, and the whole Christian atmosphere there makes people so codependent. Nobody is there own person. Everybody thinks what they are doing should be announced to everyone, and everybody thinks everyone else is doing is their business. To them the codependent environment seems normal, but it's a total freak show to me.
>>
File: 1387147936186.jpg (68 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
1387147936186.jpg
68 KB, 491x491
>>
>>70148596
DO NOT REPLY TO THE FUCKING LEAF!!
>>
>>70148804
You respect the values, moral structure, cultural and historic significance, attend church, present yourself as Christian, just don't believe in sky daddy.
>>
>>70162512
>It's so cultish, and the whole Christian atmosphere there makes people so codependent. Nobody is there own person. Everybody thinks what they are doing should be announced to everyone, and everybody thinks everyone else is doing is their business. To them the codependent environment seems normal, but it's a total freak show to me.

You're describing average people, m8. Not Christians specifically.
>>
>>70162512
You work with retards, anon. Retards come in all faiths.
>>
>>70158520
No. You are a Christian if you are a believer in Christ. One who has trusted in Him for your salvation.
>>
>>70163653
Yes, you're right. But I think there are many people who don't believe in god but still identify with Christian culture. They're not like the atheists, who deny the importance of Christianity. So we would need a new term for this kind of people.
>>
>>70164435
>people who don't believe in god
Atheist. The opposite of theist, someone who believes in god.
>>
>>70150765
It's more a consumer holiday at this point.
Very few people actually care about the religious aspect.
>>
>>70164809
This term has already been hijacked. Many who call themselves atheists are also against Christianity. This kind of atheism is a poisonous ideology.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.