[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
What went right?
>>
doland tron
>>
>the polls show a Wisconsin loss
>the polls were right

>the polls show Trump winning every single state from here onward, mostly WTA

>trump was projected to get over 1280 delegates even if he got 0 in Wisconsin

>unpledged delegates vote after the primaries
>>
>>70116529
Who is to say they'll vote for Trump?
Those delegates would come in handy if we need like 10 or so, but any more would be wishful thinking
>1280
Stretching it, he'd have to get EVERY delegate in California
>>
>>70116828
You need 1237 for nomination.
There are 882 delegates remaining.

Trump has 743 delegates, meaning he only needs 494 delegates to secure the nomination, meaning he needs 56% of the remaining delegates.

Compared to Ted's 517, needing 720 delegates to secure nomination, or 81%.

Then with 143, Kasich needs 1094 delegates, 124% of all remaining.
>>
>>70115559

I TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR
>>
>>70118095
AND IN THE END IT DIDN'T EVEN MATTER
>>
>>70118045
So unless foul play is involved, Trump has it in the bag.

Nice.
>>
Daily reminder that traitorous cruz missiles must leave this board forever in shame when Trump wins the 1237 delegates.
>>
>>70118210
>>70118045
> "What is a brokered convention?"

Fucking pieces of shit morons posting on a politics board when being absolutely void of any knowledge of politics.
>>
>>70118409
If someone gets to 1237 there will be no brokered convention.
>>
>>70118409

1237 delegates is needed to avoid a brokered convention. They know exactly what they are talking about.
>>
>>70118356
there's more of a problem with the bernie people
they think they can swoop in and take away trump fans
>>
3 fucking delegates
And now Cruz is in Louisiana grabbing the spare delegates dropped by the others

Is he even trying?
>>
>>70118634
>b-b-b-b-but muh kasich
>>
>>70118045
so if he gets 55% of the remaining delegates it goes to a brokered convention and someone besides Trump is nominated...
>>
>>70118409
>not knowing the difference between a brokered convention and an open convention

ikr? Fucking plebs
>>
>>70118872
Even if trump wins the nomination, they will not give it to him
>>
>>70118872
No. Arguing semantics here maybe, but there's a difference between brokered and open. An open convention means there's a fight on the floor for delegates. Brokered means the party bosses go behind closed doors and make a decision. Open conventions are fairly common. Brokered conventions are very rare and come close to destroying the party.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 725x406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 725x406
Scott "teachers union smasher" Walker is the hero of your state running for president. Then he gets knocked out pretty quickly after attacking Trump.

I'm still butthurt Romney beat Ron Paul and that was 4 years ago and I live in Minnesota not Texas.

It'd be like having the guy who beat up your dad/grandpa (in Wisconsin they are usually the same) in front of you on national tv asking for your vote.
>>
>>70119099
not as likely, but you're still probably right. it's a good thing. nominations conventions specifically exist to insulate america from stupid people voting in a stupid candidate like Trump.
>>
>>70119310
you are indeed arguing semantics. if there isn't a possibility of an open convnetion, there will be a brokered convention.

Thanks for helping with the naming conventions.
>>
>>70118409
If you know everything about politics and have no interest in sharing your knowledge, why are you here?
>>
>>70119310
Is it an open convention this year?
>>
>>70118409
umad?
>>
Only thing that can stop trump Is lies spread by the media
Besides that only stupid lefties are in the way
>>
>>70120238
>people actually believe this
>>
>>70119811
Looks like it might be. All that means is there is no clear cut majority delegate holder going into the convention and the candidate has to secure other delegates to reach the majority. Reagan did that by choosing GHWB as his running mate.
>>
>>70120446
They believe what Trump says. Why would they have a rational understanding of what's going on?
>>
>>70119446
you're right, we're lucky to have political elites who are all for the best interests of the people that can decide who will become the nominee since obviously the public doesn't know what's good for them
>>
>>70121321
exactly.
>>
>>70116529
Who projects him to get over 1280 delegates with 0 in Wisconsin? 538 has him at about 1200 last I checked.
>>
>>70115559
EVERYTHING. Cruz cucks BTFO when reality hits. He didn't even get the majority in WI last night!
>>
>>70119446
As opposed to a stupid candidate like Cruz? The only thing the RNC fears about Trump is that he is going to fuck over anyone who tries to outsource their jobs, which means a lot of them will lose a lot of money.
>>
>>70122425
>people actually believe this
>>
>>70122840
>instead of giving any sort of argument I'll just greentext and pretend I'm too smart to answer the question

Wow let me try too!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.