[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you christian? Why are you your branch of christianity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 53
File: 1459871847666.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1459871847666.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
Why are you christian?
Why are you your branch of christianity?
>>
>>70115148
Catholic
Because i had to accept that life has no purpose other than what you attribute to it and crusading for a righteous god seems more fulfilling than living for typical hedonistic purposes and consumerism like the rest of western society.
>>
>>70116391
So no religious reason?
>>
>>70117176
Not so much. The existence or non-existence of life after death is inconsequential to me. I use catholicism as a non-degenerate rulebook of sorts by which to learn good morals and the wisdom to do what is right.
>>
File: brotier.jpg (91 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
brotier.jpg
91 KB, 500x359
>>70115148
Episcopalian
Jews of Christianity. Cathocucks are jelly. too busy idolatry with the Pope.
>>
>>70115148
Catholic.
Because it's comfy, you get to meet nice girls, plus you can make fun of protestants.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (389 KB, 1436x957) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
389 KB, 1436x957
>>70118979
/thread
>>
>>70118895
You're the Church that allows female and gay priests right? There was also some controversy that some of your Bishops openly deny the divinity of Christ and your previous female leader said Paul was a misogynistic shitlord for disregarding a slave girls prophecies.
>>
File: 1458692808092.jpg (74 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1458692808092.jpg
74 KB, 1543x1360
Catholics arent christians tho.

They are papist idolaters who completely ignore Christ's main teachings of denying the material world and focusing on the spiritual world. For fucks sake their king with the silly hat sits on a golden throne.

Catholics are christians the same way Mormons are christians. That is to say: not at all
>>
>>70118979
>>70119135
But that doesn't have to do with religion. How can you advocate a system you don't even believe in
>>
>>70118895
t. Your local LGBT otherkin Episcopalian archbishop.
>>
>>70119318
>worshiping the Pope
Who does that? Are you retarded? Get in the oven.
>>
File: 1458692665151.jpg (43 KB, 641x491) Image search: [Google]
1458692665151.jpg
43 KB, 641x491
>>70119377

Yes, you dont worship him.....you just supply him with enough gold, silver, and jewels to live in a city with it's own banking system where he can wrings his hands and jerk off over all the golden candlesticks while helping pedophiles hide from the police, in between kissing a terrorist feet and worshiping Allah, of course
>>
>>70119346
Because I was born and raised in a Catholic house.
>>70119484
I don't send shit redditfrog.
>>
File: 1453266039724.jpg (18 KB, 222x241) Image search: [Google]
1453266039724.jpg
18 KB, 222x241
>>70119607

You just let him sit on a throne and call him "The Holy Father"

But you TOTALLY don't worship him....no, that would be silly
>>
>>70119716
Worshiping implies he's God. He isn't God nor Jesus. You gotta go back >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>70119318
Catholic here. Sure, I love the Pope, but only the present Pope. Others are kinda weird.
I'm catholic because of love and morality. I can happen to hate protestant because, I mean, they are liberals and capitalists (ewww).
But most of the time I love them. As Jews, Atheists, etc...
I just want to love one another, to live in harmony and understanding, no matter the religion. If you're logical enough, then we're friends. Oh and btw, I don't really believe in religious things, like pregnant virgins, hum. But I hope the morality in catholicism will help the world find a better way, out of greed, selfishness, lust, shame, hate, etc...
>>
File: 1448472749052.jpg (28 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1448472749052.jpg
28 KB, 250x240
>>70119833

LE EBIN BACK TO PLEDDIT MAYMAY :DD

Translation: you are a fucking idiot who cant even think up a counter-point.

Wow, someone who thinks authority levels are based on hat size and that god LITERALLY turns into crackers and grape juice every week ends up being totally fucking stupid to the point it's laughable. Gee, WHAT ARE the odds?
>>
>>70120167
>LE EBIN BACK TO PLEDDIT MAYMAY :DD
See this, this is why you need to go back.
>>>/r/eddit
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>70120167
back to redit pham
>>
File: 2.jpg (12 KB, 279x408) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
12 KB, 279x408
>>70115148
Orthodox because born into it.
I like it the most too, mainly because Orthodox view of God is based on love not sin/punishment like in other denominations
>>
Lutheran Protestant

I was raised Church of England but they are fucking cucked and shit, and they wonder why attendances are in freefall.
>>
Evangelical Protestant, but I could probably fit in anywhere that isn't absolutely retarded (denying the resurrection). My church is charismatic, which is kinda meh, but it's home.
>>
>>70120762
are any denomination even based on fear of punishment?
>>
Its called Orthodox for a reason.
>>
I was originally an "Atheist" because my boomer father didn't want to baptize me.

Then I became catholic when I was 12, I discovered Catholicism when I volunteered at the church. The nun would teach me about Christianity.

But with the current pope I am too disgusted. So I would just hang around some protestant mass time to time. I know it's weird.
>>
>>70121201
Maybe some crazy deep south US one? I've heard they have like demerit points and things like that.

Also:
>Westboro
>>
>>70121251
>But with the current pope I am too disgusted
You never were religious and are just in it for social points
>>
File: 1454617823731.jpg (78 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
1454617823731.jpg
78 KB, 625x416
>>70121251
>So I would just hang around some protestant mass time to time. I know it's weird.
That's heresy bro. Time to confess or go to hell.
>>
>>70121506
Well I am, I do believe in God and in Christ. I just thought that the historical Church was more meaningful than today's.

Also

>Christian
>social points
>in fucking atheist France
If anything, people are freaked out by it.
>>
>>70121627
>supporting atheist france
Disgusting,
>>
>>70121627
If you want a church with history maybe take a look at Orthodox? Some traditional Protestants might be alright too.
>>
>>70121711
Yeah maybe, I don't know where to start though.
I know protestants a little more because my mom is protestant and I grew up in Murrica.
>>
>>70121201
Baptists are famous for using the fire and brimstone speech to scare people into the church.
>>
>>70115148
Because I got money for confirmation and it was fun watching some other guy stick his dick in our pastors ear while he slept.
Because there is no catholic church in my hometown.
>>
>>70118772
there is nowhere in his writings where he said this.
it's misattributed.
that said, he's based as fuck. Read Meditations
>>
>>70115148

I'll attempt some serious answers

>Why are you christian?
As Walker Percy said, what else is there? Christianity affords the most sensible, logical, and complete teleological, ontological, and epidemiological understanding of the world and the cosmos. Hinduism is a distant second.

>Why are you your branch of christianity?
Catholicism is the one church Christ founded. That's reason enough. But for further clarification, the total history of Christianity points towards Catholicism as being the one true Church. Another big reason for me being Catholic is the early church Fathers vehemently espoused and developed Catholic traditions. Origen, Clement, Gregory of Nyssa, Basil the Great, Athanasius, Augustine, etc. etc. etc....all of them were Catholic thinkers.
>>
>>70121251
Why disgusted by the current Pope? :'(
Is like, the kindest ever! He blames neoliberalism, he loves people, he's kind, he's almost free from Opus Dei, how hate him?
>>
>>70122215
What about orthodoxy? Doesn't the pontifex maximus seem more like a roman tradition than a christian one? Peter wasn't above the other christians either I think? Asking not claiming
>>
>>70115148
Catholic. There's nothing else in this world worth believing in. >>70119318
>denying the material world
Plato pls go. The Kingdom of God is on earth not floating in the clouds and shit.
>>
>>70115148
Because I'm afraid of death.

Literally the only reason
>>
>>70122293
he supports muslim migration to europe which will eventually turn most european countries muslim
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 259x195
>>70122215
As a Catholic, pretty much this^
>>
>>70122375
>>70122501
Both too please answer >>70122355
>>
>>70122355
Matthew 16:18
>>
I always have been and die as a roman catholic but I get on full "Deus vult" thanks to this guy.
>>
>>70122478
Oh please stop with that, muslims can come here, we will not change our religion -_-'
Please open up your heart and brain, and see that cultural and religious exchanges and understanding make the world a better place.
>>
>>70115148
Mary was a convenient wench. She is imperfect and sinful like any human.
>>
>>70122293
A pope doesn't have to be the "kindest ever". He's supposed to defend Christians' home, not letting it get its shit wrecked by Muslim invaders.
>>
>>70122769
>cultural and religious exchanges and understanding make the world a better place.
That's a crock of shit.
>>
>>70121827
how's living in France compared to America? thinking about going over there to teach english myself
>>
>>70122355

>>70122355
>Doesn't the pontifex maximus seem more like a roman tradition than a christian one?
Again, and I can't stress this enough, Roman tradition IS Christian tradition. You also must have a solid understanding of the framework which the apostles were working within once Christ ascended. They were Jews and Catholicism is simply the revealed Judaism. When Christ appoints Peter as the leader of his Church, he is essentially making him his 'Rabbi', the one who can lead his flock and Church. This made Peter the de facto leader of the first Church after Christ's death, and it's a line that hasn't been broken since.

>Peter wasn't above the other christians either I think?
Well there's two meanings I think we must discuss first. Firstly, Peter himself would never consider himself 'above' other christians in the sense that he was any 'better' or 'more important' than they were to the eschatological vision of the Church. In matters of doctrine, tradition, and ecclesiastical disputes, Peter very clearly had authority, as did his first bishops.
>>
>>70122771

>Implying God himself would place his physical form into anything other than a pure body and soul.

Keep telling yourself that heretic.
>>
I am a Southern Baptist because I am convinced it is the most theologically correct, while leaving high autonomy of the local congregation. No church with centralized power system has been uncorrupted historically.

Obedient Christianity requires viewing scripture as God's word and investigating to find the objective true meaning in each interpretation. If you can't explain why something is correct, you don't have the authority to say it is.

Church tradition is very important but not compared to God's revealed word in the 66 books of the Bible. The Bible says to test everything against tradition and hold fast to what is true, therefore I oppose Pharisaical practices like Catholicism and Greek orthodoxy. Salvation is by grace, through faith, (eph 2:8) and you are justified by works (James 2:24) . Salvation is a gift offered to all, (Rev 3:23) therefore I oppose "sacraments" being actions required for salvation and liberal theology found in mainline Protestants who are absolutely putting their philosophy into the scripture (marrying and affirming gays). Calvinism is anti-scriptural.

The Southern Baptist Convention is the largest American theologically conservative Christian group and there are distinct advantages in this and the structure, like the tithing system called the co-operative program, a very pro-free market structure. When I graduate I intend to go to Baptist seminary and half my tuition will be paid by the SBC for my SBC membership.

It saddens me to see the Orthodox and Catholic meme so prevalent on /pol/, but if you aren't basing your affiliation on theology primarily I can't argue with you besides telling you you're wrong.

Ultimately I rejoice wherever the gospel message is being shared, but we must use the judgement we are given the authority for I'm deeming what is right and wrong as it aligns with scripture.
>>
>>70123189
>Peter very clearly had authority
Source? Again asking not demeaning
How was the bishop of rome treated on the ecumenical concils pre-shism? An orth may jump in and present the other viewpoint too
>>
>>70122355
Why not have a central figure to make sure doctrine and practices in the church remain 'orthodox'? The Pope is the same in function as the Patriarchs, all religions need a centralized governance in order to maintain what the that sect believes in and prevent heresy.

Look at how many forms of Protestantism there are, can they all be right? Of course not, and they all exist because of a lack of hierarchy, taking the Bible as your sole source of belief is all well and good but the fact that there are literally thousands of Protestant sects shows that if anyone joe blow can decide how to interpret the Bible, then you fracture the faith so to speak.

Finally, there's the 'on this rock I will build my church thing', though Protestants and Orthodox will of course dispute the meaning behind this one.
>>
>>70122832
>>70122926
Please stop thinking there can only be one religion in the world!
France is not the land of the French, but a land of humans, as Earth is.
You're losing all your humanity, all your universal knowledge that the Christ wanted to pass on.
Nationalism, Pride and Capitalism with it's fucking spirit of concurrence is killing humanity fuck. Open your eyes.
>>
>>70123327

>TFW Went to Baylor, the largest Baptist learning institution on the planet
>TFW Baylor turned me into a Catholic
>TFW implying any regional Church can have any claim on universal theological objective authority

Fuck off heathen scum.
>>
>>70123454
>France is not the land of the French
Then why is it called France you stupid frog?
>>
File: 1458703314433.gif (119 KB, 320x600) Image search: [Google]
1458703314433.gif
119 KB, 320x600
Pentecostal holiness
We was tongue talkers and shit.
>>
>>70115148
Catholic here. The important thing about the Pope is to remember our allegiance is to the Papacy first and the Pope second. The Seat is what I honor, a man will always be a man.

Catholicism is beautiful and full of history and Jesus is my Lord and Savior. It's also one of the best belief systems for intellectual stimulation because of the sheer amount of incredibly wise and eloquent saints and writers it has produced. It really fits my personality, heritage, and lifestyle. Plus Catholic girls.
>>
File: 1459101212574.jpg (15 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1459101212574.jpg
15 KB, 250x201
>>70123454
toi ouvre tes yeux, ta gentillesse te perdra.
>>
>>70115148

NON-denom, here.

we are simply told to put our faith in Jesus - not to follow the proclamations of an old man in a very expensive hat or any other group.

just Jesus, thank you.
>>
File: Lawrence Sullivan Ross-5.jpg (295 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Lawrence Sullivan Ross-5.jpg
295 KB, 600x450
>>70123521
Baylor is liberal BS and I am very upset they still receive Baptist funding
I am a part of the Southern Baptists of Texas convention formed in opposition partly to the general conventions support of Baylor

Also gig em
>>
>>70123722
sounds like you're a Protestant bruv
>>
>>70123530
Oh you're right. Then let's say, France is not ONLY the land of the French. It's a multicultural universal powerful magnificent land of love ;)

>>70123697
Malheureusement, quand je vois comment le monde tourne quand on oublie la gentillesse, je ne peux m'empêcher de ne vouloir perdre la mienne sous aucun prétexte.
C'est aussi ça le message de Jésus Christ, aimez, subissez, comprenez l'autre, acceptez-le, créez un monde d'amour, la seule solution durable pour l'humanité :)
Par contre hein, les débiles violents, je les brûle, évidemment. Comme les néolibéraux qui veulent un monde d'horreur "parce qu'il faut être réaliste".
>>
>>70123454
ta gueule traître de merde
>>
>>70123740

Baylor is one of the only conservative University's in the nation. WTF are you on about?

Also,

>Southern Baptists of Texas
>Southern
>Baptists
>Texas
>Claiming any type of universal authority on Christianity

Enjoy being irrelevant in the SEC for the next 100+ years
>>
>>70123999
>It's a multicultural universal powerful magnificent land of love ;)
You must be new here ;)
>>
>>70123999
No. That's wrong. France isn't multicultural and I have it in my right mind to say that you're from Alger.
>>
>>70122011
Finished meditations and moving on now to some of Yukio Mishima's literature. If you read into the it, the image more of a summery of a lot of his thoughts. As you well know meditations is broken up largely into little segments of thoughts so a quote like that is not really possible but I think its in line with what meditations portrays. Would be interested to know what you are reading now in regards to philosophy or stoicism.
>>
>>70123296
Christs purity can sustain itself, no holy womb required.
>>
File: 20160406_120427.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160406_120427.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>70124141
When did I claim universal authority of scripture, or did my denomination? Scripture is the guide for our lives.
You can come fight me about schools if you want. Baylor fires professors for promoting the inclusion of intelligent design in curriculum.
>>
>>70124036
Y'a l'air qu'on a un fier nationaliste ici ;)
AU BÛCHER HERETIQUE
>>70124155
I am :( Seems like love has desepeared, so sad. Let's burn them all.
>>70124161
Ahah Sorry I'm not. I'm a "true French", blue eyed, blond, and my family is in France for more than 10 centuries ;)
We just developped our culture and knowledge.
>>
>>70123999
>It's a multicultural universal powerful magnificent land of love ;)

Non, sale traitre. Espèce de collabo. La France appartient aux Français quelle que soit ton avis. Tu es la raison qu'on a les problèmes que l'on a aujourd'hui. Bouffon, va.
>>
>>70124488
So why are you willing to lose that culture.
>>
Baptism is the most based branch of Christianity by far.

https://youtu.be/-rhGMCYWqKI
>>
File: image.jpg (638 KB, 811x843) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
638 KB, 811x843
So was Joeseph literally a cuck but since it was G-d doing the chucking it's alright?
>>
>>70124781
MIND = BLOWN
>>
>>70115148
Christian
Too many coincidences regarding it, and also Juice and libtards hate Christ
>>
>>70124589
Et qui sont les Français?
Parce que j'ai l'intime conviction que si on devait faire le tri de qui "mérite" d'être Français, on virerait rapidement ceux qui savent pas écrire ou s'exprimer correctement dans la langue (toi, et tes potes, non?).
Et on intégrerait Mozart, Marie Curie et tout ça, c'est pas un peu hypocrite?

>>70124677
Why lose it, when we can improve it, enlarge it? See, your American culture is far for interesting since Latinos can express themselves ;)
>>
>>70124781
That's just begining. Disciples left their families to follow Jesus creating a shitton of single mothers and children rised without fathers.
>>
>>70115148
Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved
>>
Lutheran Protestant
Because sometimes the only thing that keeps me from killing myself is faith. Plus I find it helps to keep a moral life thinking about Jesus' teachings.
>>
>>70124989
Why fix something that isn't broke?
>>
>>70115148
catholic,but I hold to sola fide.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1503x2300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1503x2300
Any other Catholicfags here hate Francis? John Paul II was the host of our generation tbqh
>>
I wish I was, I wonder if it's too late for me.

When I was only 8, my father took me out of church school. I felt forced by society to despise religion and fall for atheism.

My sister didn't baptize her daughter of one year and won't get married. It actually makes me sad.

How can I save myself?
>>
>>70120762
Yeah I really like your Doctrine of Christus Victor, I think that's the name for it. I know most if not many church fathers and saints held to it. Still deciding if I'm convinced by it or not but I really like it.Pray that I recieve the truth
>>
>>70120880
Luther himself didn't believe that outside God, they didn't have free will. that you had to become a saint to have free will., I skimmed through one of his books on it.

Do you believe this?
>>
>>70125278
Who said fix it?
It's just improvement. History can't move anymore, but we can improve the future :)
>>
Any of you fundamentalist?

If so, kill yourselves.
>>
>>70121130
I've met some of those faggots, they're so fucking happy compared to Calvinists and 2nd baptists.
>>
I'm Orthodox because it's the one true faith.
>>
>>70125476
based Paulo
>>
>>70121906
This, I went to several baptist sermons. Methodists are total opposite, all they talk about is God and his love and mercy.And Calvinsts are edgelords
>>
>>70115148
I was born a Seventh Day Adventist, I don't really practice anymore.
>>
>>70124141
I know a lot of people who went to baylor, they called themselves baptists, but they were technically 4 or 5pt calvinsts.
>>
File: 1444363450399.jpg (48 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
1444363450399.jpg
48 KB, 500x665
>>70125484
It's never too late, Alberto. Don't fall for the nihilistic Jew. No matter how far you run from the Church, you will always be able to return to God's Grace.
>>
>>70125484
It's never too late, friend.
>>
Messianic Christian, Salvation is possible only through the forgiveness of Jesus Christ, I follow his word alone as he means it and as ancient Christian's worshiped him, I don't follow a man, nor do I follow other human interpretations of his Word.
>>
File: tmp_2072-th-1399319376.jpg (4 KB, 160x153) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2072-th-1399319376.jpg
4 KB, 160x153
> he thinks the Sabbath is on Sunday

Plebians
>>
>>70126100
>nor do I follow other human interpretations of his Word.
But our human interpretations are fine.

Okay buddy.
>>
Mormon
>inb4 mormons aren't Christians, if you believe in Jesus then you are a Christian.
Family was non denominational but met with some Missionaries and the whole idea of Jesus in the USA was interesting to me.
>>
>>70126100
I knwo that some Messianic Christians exclude Paulus from their new testament? Do you?
>>
>>70123454
Sale traître, les types comme toi seront égorgés lors de la guerre civile.
>>
>>70126056
that’s an amazing comic dude
>>
File: 1437658925503-3.png (283 KB, 625x941) Image search: [Google]
1437658925503-3.png
283 KB, 625x941
>>70126100
>unironically being a Judaizer
I thought Paul settled this bullshit like two thousand years ago.
>>
>>70124456
>When did I claim universal authority of scripture

>I am a Southern Baptist because I am convinced it is the most theologically correct, while leaving high autonomy of the local congregation. No church with centralized power system has been uncorrupted historically.

>Obedient Christianity requires viewing scripture as God's word and investigating to find the objective true meaning in each interpretation. If you can't explain why something is correct, you don't have the authority to say it is.

Sounds like a rather authoritative stance. Also, the Bible is a product of the Catholic Church. Without the Church, there is no Biblical canon.

Also, please find me the scripture which advocates for Sola Scriptura.
>>
File: 1378923782294.jpg (81 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1378923782294.jpg
81 KB, 456x386
>>70126194
>Ellen white has the authority to contradict scripture
>>
>>70125484
It's never too late. Jesus said himself that he opened a door that cannot be shut. That is the offer of salvation. Believe the good news. And God loves you.
>>
>>70126301
There's some pretty good stuff on cripplechan's /christian/. They're mostly Catholic, but rather accepting of Orthobros if you happen to be one, though I know most Slovaks are Catholic. Protestant heretics, however, have a hard time justifying their poor theology.
>>
File: 1b.jpg (24 KB, 410x545) Image search: [Google]
1b.jpg
24 KB, 410x545
>>70125501
>Doctrine of Christus Victor
yeah, there is absolutely no place in Orthodox Christianity for vengeful God or God that has His pride hurt. God is perfect and is all love, and everything He does (including removing Adam and Eve from the Garden) is done to protect humanity, help us become more Christlike and prepare us to live in the eternal presence of God without suffering but with joy and love.
>>
File: 1425049351127.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1425049351127.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>70120167
Jesus commanded us to eat of his body and drink his blood in the bible directly, protestant scum
>>
Christians are supposed to love each other what is happening here.
>>
>>70121506
Honestly this pope(if he even is one) is pretty much destroying any remaining fragment of Catholicism if there was even anything left after Vatican 2 and the aftermath. Catholicism(or what is represented as Catholicism) today is a complete joke, purposefully so and traditional Catholicism is horribly misrepresented and not taken seriously whatsoever. Almost EVERYTHING that is being preached and taught by the new church today is contrary to what has been set in stone never to be changed and the present pope(again if even a valid pope) and the preceding 5 popes have not and do not care.
>>
>>70124989
>ceux qui savent pas écrire ou s'exprimer correctement dans la langue (toi, et tes potes, non?).
>Utilise "parce que" en début de phrase.
>Utilise "potes"
>"Ceux qui NE savent pas écrire"

Visiblement, ce n'est pas toi qui devrais donner des leçons de grammaire.

Also, your English sucks. So you speak none of the two languages properly, yet believe that by bringing in these immigrants, it'll ameliorate our culture? God, you're pathetic in your self-hatred.

Evidemment, si tu as une conviction, elle est juste?

Hypocrite? Non. Tu dois faire partie de ceux qui disent: "Nous ne sommes pas tous Gaulois", tout en oubliant que la France est nommée après les Francs.

Ta conviction fait de toi un traitre tout de même.
>>
File: 1459794757661.jpg (51 KB, 415x392) Image search: [Google]
1459794757661.jpg
51 KB, 415x392
>>70123999
Mec, tu te fais juste piner de tout les cotés. Jésus son message c’était juste pour que le gens agissent pas comme des chimpanzés, il y a deux mille ans ca peut se comprendre. Aujourd'hui je connais des petits de 5ans qui sont bien plus éduqué que n'importe lequel des "sages" de l'époque, ceux qui ont écrit les livres de foi, et du coup, dieu c'est plus trop d'actualité. La bible c'est juste un livre qui te dicte une conduite a peu près humaine c'est tout, et je trouve ça navrant de voir qu'il y a encore des crédules pour y croire.

la France au français, l’Algérie aux algériens, l’Allemagne aux allemands, etc.

nice trips btw faggot
>>
>>70126248
>if you believe in Jesus then you are a Christian.

The Manicheans and Arians believed in Christ but surely were heretical, wouldn't you agree? Simply believing in Christ doesn't make you a Christian.
>>
>>70126384
2 Timothy
http://www.gotquestions.org/sola-scriptura.html
>>
>>70121506

>>70126625
>cont
>inb4 get with the times
Do you even hear yourself? You are asking a religion that is based on its events in history and makes its laws based on history, to essentially change history to be less offensive with people that are declared enemies which is completely ridiculous. You ever notice how if you have a house of cards and you remove one it falls no matter what? That is what happens with Catholicism.
Galatians 5:9

"A little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough": "therefore if you deny God in one article of the faith, you have denied him in all"
Later church fathers determined this to be a rule of law in the church, why is this church teaching?, quite simply the church has really NEVER changed at its core until Vatican 2. Sure it has had heresies and pronounced dogmas but a dogma has never been pronounced contrary to what was already believed and accepted previously. The only reason dogmas or laws were ever established was because they came into question and it seemed that they needed to be set in stone, said laws were already there in the deposit of faith. The Catholic church exists for two very important reasons. A: The salvation of souls, and B: To CLARIFY doctrine, never to come up with new doctrine. Vatican 2 is packed with new and false doctrine, and ridden with heresies, almost everything this pope is teaching is contrary to previously clarified laws and dogmas
>>
Proud Roman catholic. I don't believe in the "supernatural" part, but I try to live a life as Jesus did. I go to church on christmas and easter only though.
>>
>>70123740
>tfw your parents are aggies and you had a picture of Sul' Ross in your room growing up.
>>
>>70119318
>>70119484
>>70119716
>>70120167

Smelly dumb frogposter scum!
>>
File: 3061122-chm-jpg_2676442.png (140 KB, 475x340) Image search: [Google]
3061122-chm-jpg_2676442.png
140 KB, 475x340
>>70124989
>Et on intégrerait Mozart, Marie Curie et tout ça, c'est pas un peu hypocrite?
en même temps, ils demandaient pas le gite et le couvert sans rien donner en retour, eux... Et c’était pas des négro ou des bougnoules, ça aide aussi.
>>
>>70126689
you have to believe in the correct Jesus Christ. If you believe in a weird version of him that denies a central part of His identity, you're believing in the wrong Jesus Christ, a counterfeit
>>
>>70126655
>>70126670
Merci d'être là.
Le mémé de lol lé chrétien c dé cuck en ignorant qu'on est chrétien depuis presque 2 millénaires avec des guerres tout les siècle est plutôt débile.
>>
>>70126689
Well I guess I should rephrase, believing Christ is the son of God makes you a Christian. Because if not that would make Muslims Christian as well.
As far as what you said, I would still consider them Christians that were simply blind (metaphorically of course). But they did truly believe in Christ so by definition they are Christians. Similar to members of ISIS being Muslim, even though they are blind to many teachings of peace.
>>
>>70126384
What I know about Sola Scriptura is that Mainline Protestants believe that means that Scripture is there to end disputes that cannot otherwise be settled on tradition. If two traditions contradict each other in doctrine and it needs to be settled then you what ever the scriptures say settle it for once and for all.

It's not that they don't like tradition or teachings of early christians, or that they don't fdind them very authoritative, they jsut think that Scripture is the ultimate and final authority.
>>
>>70126056
>>70126066
>>70126435
Thanks. What steps should I take? I live 2 mins away from a church. And I live with my grandma who goes to church every Sunday

But I know just going to church won't make it
>>
File: 1437658552491-0.jpg (56 KB, 521x509) Image search: [Google]
1437658552491-0.jpg
56 KB, 521x509
>>70126625
You should see the councils and such held by Catholic authorities. Things aren't really as bad as they appear. The Pope is part of a loud minority of liberal voices that follow the "Nice Doctrine" and mostly hail from Germany or South America. Most officials are still extremely conservative and oppose any sort of active change. Vatican II was a pastoral council. The only actual change that came out of it was the new mass, and we're still able to celebrate TLM if we wish. Every Sunday, I drive an extra 20 minutes to the nearest TLM rather than going to the regular one right near my house.
We'll make it through this papacy just as we've made it through far worse ones. The gates of Hell still have not prevailed.
>>
File: Pope.jpg (10 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
Pope.jpg
10 KB, 250x227
>>70115148
I'm not a cuck
So no
>>
>>70123372

Matthew 28:16-29; Acts 2:42; Acts 5:13

You also have instances of early popes such as Clement I claiming authority over the Church in Corinth, St. Iraneaus proclaiming the authority of the Church in Rome, and the Bishops at Ephesus in 431 proclaiming, in regards to heresy that they heard the decision of Pope Celestine, and replied "He (referring to Peter) lives even to this time, and always in his successors gives judgment."

Also See http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/peter%E2%80%99s-authority
>>
File: 1433949657693.gif (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1433949657693.gif
13 KB, 200x200
>>70119318
>>70119484
>>70119716
>>70120167
Your whole argument implies how close minded and ignorant you are, when you dismiss the whole as silly. You set your argument as if you have already won and there is no room for debate, even though you are wrong for reasons I could say but you will never read because you probably stopped reading already because this is bait.
>>
>>70126931
>Le mémé de lol lé chrétien c dé cuck en ignorant qu'on est chrétien depuis presque 2 millénaires avec des guerres tout les siècle est plutôt débile.

Voilà ta vraie grammaire qui resort. C'est bien de nous montrer que tu ne pourrais même pas avoir ton Brevet. Franchement, achète toi un bescherelle. Tu en as fortement besoin.

Certes, la France est chrétienne depuis presque 2000 ans. Mais, l'interpretation de la religion a changée. Si seulement tu t'interessais à notre histoire, tu saurais quel est son parcours et qu'elle a été plus ou moins castrée au cours des 200 dernières années.
>>
>>70115148
Catholic but I'm beginning to feel embarrassed about being catholic because of the progressive cuckoldry movement that has swept Catholics
>>
>>70115148
Catholic. Because despite all disagreements about God, Christendom must be one church.
>>
File: 1459478769460.png (438 KB, 700x616) Image search: [Google]
1459478769460.png
438 KB, 700x616
>>70127146
Just go talk to your local priest. Tell him everything. They're literally trained to handle people in far worse situations than your own. You'll be fine.
Also, don't get into the mindset of you being an irredeemable sinner. Confess, repent, and attend mass. Everything else will work itself out.
>>
>>70127636
Mallu?
>>
File: 1452553440970.jpg (68 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
1452553440970.jpg
68 KB, 298x298
>>70115148
Catholic.
>>
>>70126705

Once again proving that Protestants should never be allowed to interpret scripture. Here is the text:

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

It says nothing about scripture being the ONLY authority for Christians. All it claims is that scripture is PROFITABLE for teaching, reproof, and correction.. Well no shit sherlock. Every Christian agrees that scripture is useful for teaching, reproof, and correction. No where does the text imply that scipture is the ONLY rule of faith given to Christians.

Also, please ask yourself, did Paul know at the time that his epistles would be regarded as scripture some 300 years later? Once you've actually thought about these things please summarily kill yourself.
>>
>>70127811
Goan but my mom's a mallu
>>
>>70127146

A good church is for your own benefit of social and spiritual health and a place of rest and sanctuary. It's not about having to go to please God. Paul said what pleases God is trusting him.

If you trust God, the real one. Then you trust his judgement, and that's why faithful people live loving/obedient lives. It's not that you should, it's that you want to.

How? Paul says we love because he first loved us. In my life realizing how much God loves me and godly people love me makes me want to love others. That realization is faith.

So stick to the Nicene Constantinople Creed. That establishes who exactly Jesus Christ is.

Also know that Jesus forgave you 2,000 years ago, totally. It's not about vengeance or making you pay. It's about him dying so you won't ever after.

Jesus says Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:"

Know that you are forgiven, Always. You don't owe God the debt of sin, which is the sting of death. He paid the price with his life. He was crucifed, buried and rose again on the third day. God forgives you. Believe in this. Trust that Jesus can save you

Also stick to the Nicene Constantinople Creed, you need to believe that shit
>>
>>70127636
>feel embarrassed about being catholic because of the progressive cuckoldry movement that has swept Catholics
This Cuckolic meme is getting old.
>>
File: 1436263867179.jpg (106 KB, 680x949) Image search: [Google]
1436263867179.jpg
106 KB, 680x949
>>70127636
You're allowed to not agree with progressivism, Pajeet. If someone things you're sine moronic liberal cuck, call them out. Not every Catholic is like the Pope, and many do not agree with him.
>>
>>70128068
sorry if that's convuluted. kek. Just relax and trust God. He'll give you what you need, ask and you shall recieve that's the core of it.
>>
>>70127223
please read
>>70126722
I agree with you and I actually have an SSPX chapel about 45 minutes away but I choose to to wait 1-3 months for a TLM a priest that is in opposition to the SSPX because they are trying to reconcile with Rome which if St Athanasius is any example is not a possible option. This heresy must revert through divine intervention, there is nothing that can humanly be done except the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate heart of Mary, which there are rumors that Putin met with Francis and asked for it to be done but Francis said no
>>
File: hqdefault (9).jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (9).jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>tfw Christ chan enjoys BBC more than little white cock
>>
>>70127115

And who developed the Scriptural canon again?

See the problem with this line of thinking is that it assumes that scripture just plopped out of the sky and suddenly started being the final say on tradition and doctrine. there's approximately 400 years where the Christian Church didn't even have a single authoritative canon to appeal to in regards to scripture. So how did the Church in those times function? It can't be solely scripture, because a single scriptural canon had not been developed yet. So what was it?

Also, see 2 Thessalonians 2:15 "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."

A scriptural verse advocating the adherence to tradition based on word alone.
>>
>>70128052
Oh i see.. but what rite are you? Latin, syro?
>>
>>70128263
ALSO remember that you will probably change, some people fast, some people will be carnal and frustrating for many many years (Corinthians ect.) But it's a relationship with God and don't freak out if you aren't some amazing recovered ex sinner immediately like you hear some times. But if you believe, you will love, and because you see what love is, Jesus Christ being crucifed/killed and ressurected for our behalf, and you'll see that it's worth it, giving a dman about your fellow man the way Jesus does for us. It's worth it. And you won't regret it in the end. And it will give you peace.
>>
>>70128334
>SSPX
Why?
>>
>>70128586
I mean you will change, nto just probably. sorry dude
>>
Raised in the Salvation Army. I respect their attempts to reach out to the degenerates, but I left it when I left faith in general.

I'd go back, but at this point I can't stand how "fun" they have to keep everything around here to keep people coming and now it's just kids who get dropped off by their degenerate parents and bitter old retirees who are waiting to die. I don't know anyplace local that takes their faith seriously anymore.
>>
>>70126625
>Vat 2 meme
Confirmed for not knowing shit. Papa Francesco hasn't changed a ingle dogma by the church. Stay bluepilled
>>
>>70128469
I'm just clarifying what they believe, it's a good rule of thumb for any of us that if we all disagree with each other we need to go back to the Scriptures say, look what the Apostles say and God says trumps what any of us say. And ironically the Protestants probably need that advice more than any one right now.

Scripture has been used to trump what heretics say in the past. Athantious did that with trinity shit.

Any tradition coming back from the earliest days of the Church will always be in harmony with the scriptures, in perfect agreement with it.

I'm nto dissing tradition.
>>
>>70128609
>Why?
Do you even read I said I choose not to go to them I actually go to a mass from priests that have been expelled from the society because the society is modernizing, and contrary to popular belief said expelled priests are no longer affiliated with Willamson either.
>>
>>70128334
Vat 2 didn't contradict previous dogma you turboretard. Stop getting your infos from the fat atheists crying deus vult hoping that they appear tough if they copycat
>>
File: gkc.png (38 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
gkc.png
38 KB, 853x543
>>70128334
>there are rumors that Putin met with Francis and asked for it to be done but Francis said no
If this is true, then my opinion of Francis just went even further down.
Also, about SSPX, I really do hope they reconcile.
There hasn't been any actual heresy in the Church, but it does seem to be getting ever closer these days. Vatican II produced no dogma, since it was a pastoral council. Technically, you could consider it's change of the form of mass to be dogmatic, but the allowance of the TLM seems to suggest that it was more in line with the fact that Vatican II was simply a pastoral council. It's only intention was to clarify how best to interact with those outside of the Church. I, as a Traditionalist Catholic (though, one committed to staying in line with the Church, and not a sedevacantist), find the language of Vatican II to be rather problematic, and in need of a more conservative clarification, but it isn't heretical since it isn't dogmatic.
This is why I can't wait for the day we have another old-school conservative Pope. We're not here to make heretics happy, regardless of what some may think.
>>
I was raised Lutheran but I never identified as such.
My earliest memory of religion is when a teacher in a Christian preschool was teaching us the concept of prayer and I remember how ridiculous I thought it was as concept.
I've never felt to need to identify as an atheist either as religion has never been an important enough topic for me.
>>
>>70129150
>find the language of Vatican II to be rather problematic, and in need of a more conservative clarification, but it isn't heretical since it isn't dogmatic.
That's how I understood it too. Thanks a lot family
>>
>>70128581
I think Most catholics in India are latin

>>70128086
F-forgive me Christ Chan
>>
File: 1459305843822-3.jpg (112 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459305843822-3.jpg
112 KB, 600x600
>>70129506
What's it like being Catholic in Germany? I know like one-third of your nation are fedora-tippers that make up the largest religious demographic. I would assume too many Catholics are, unfortunately, lapsed or not strong in their convictions.
>>
>>70128068
Also one more thing, a long time ago I thought I was Christian, but I didn't trust Jesus at all. Really. Just didn't really understand or think about him ever. I was like "well if I just follow the rules I'll go to heaven, yeah I knew and believed intellectually the gospel sure, bt as Saint Clement said, that' aint the same thing as trusting it at all.

And it's the truth. I though I was better than everyone, and you know what, under the law, I was almost perfect in deeds not in heart. Like Paul I thought I could do just fine without forgivenss, I'd ask for it when I really fucked up (which was little) but i dissed people who thought of jesus as their dear friend that they loved so much. Like child or a sibling.

Then I realized that god didn't accept any of what I did because I did it in order to get into heaven, I Helped you, it wasn't about you and your well being alone, it wasn't unconditional love, it was about you some bit and then it was also really abotu Me and what goodies I could get out of it, love wasn't it's own reward, I was doing it to get brownie points with God.

And that's when I understood the gospel. That I had to be forgiven and I was fucked even if I followed the law because I could never measure up to the Lord jesus Christ.

And rested on His forgivenss and mercy since then and since then I am a changed man., And I have loved ever since.
>>
File: 1458617101916.png (134 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
1458617101916.png
134 KB, 600x601
>>70128893
I never said he changed a dogma that is what is so sinister about the new church, I said his teaching and what he preaches is regularly in contradiction to previous laws in dogmas he never mentions that he is in fact in direct opposition to the deposit of faith the dogmas and laws of the church.
Vatican 2 is not a meme it is a real problem,

Vatican 2 states in Lumen Gentium 16: "The muslims together with us adore one merciful god" does that sound catholic to you? Do the muslims agree with this? is Allah three persons in one god? is this not entirely contradictory to the foundation of Catholicism. Does it not call the God of Catholicism a liar? A God whose main attribute is that he is the essence of truth and can neither deceive nor be deceived?
>>
>>70129866
Been edging on catholicism only recently. I assume no different than christian in general: You get weird looks but nobody is actually fighting it like this militant atheism shit in america.

>I would assume too many Catholics are, unfortunately, lapsed or not strong in their convictions.
The real ones are. Catholicism is luckily pretty engaging. Seen some cool stuff in Bavaria and other catholic parts
>>
>ctrl-F
>none of you pantywastes are pagans
>>
>>70130079
>what he preaches is regularly in contradiction to previous laws in dogmas he never mentions that he is in fact in direct opposition to the deposit of faith the dogmas and laws of the church.
Name one dogma he disagreed with

>Vatican 2 states in Lumen Gentium 16: "The muslims together with us adore one merciful god" does that sound catholic to you?
Yes. It's also true btw.

>Do the muslims agree with this?
Yes

>is Allah three persons in one god?
No. There muslims

>is this not entirely contradictory to the foundation of Catholicism.
No

>Does it not call the God of Catholicism a liar?
No

See? You just want the church to be your EPIC anti-islam excuse. YOU are the one not looking for the truth. You are a cultural christian more concerned with /pol/ and hate than Christ
>>
Who else is a civilized agnostic atheist here?
>>
File: 1431354736516.jpg (37 KB, 496x818) Image search: [Google]
1431354736516.jpg
37 KB, 496x818
>>70130165
>militant atheism shit in america
Don't remind me. Anyone claiming to be an atheist after any deep thought is either a liar or is theologically retarded. These people are impossible to reason with.
>Catholicism is luckily pretty engaging
You got that right. It really makes you feel like you're a part of something so much greater.
>Seen some cool stuff in Bavaria
Isn't southern Germany the more Catholic half?

>>70130079
Muslims do worship the same God, they simply have a misunderstanding of his nature. Their denial of Christ's divinity makes it so that they also deny God himself. They worship him while simultaneously denying him, which is pretty much the same as any non-Cathodox religion. Also, Francis doesn't really say anything in contradiction to dogma, but some things he says and does are harmful to the Catholic community and to the western world in general.
>>
File: 1457917109750.gif (168 KB, 342x360) Image search: [Google]
1457917109750.gif
168 KB, 342x360
>>70130393
>Vatican 2 states in Lumen Gentium 16: "The muslims together with us adore one merciful god" does that sound catholic to you?
>Yes. It's also true btw.

Not worth my time after that
>>
>>70130777
Bavaria is south and yes
>>
>>70130634
Everyone flatters themselves that they're civilized. I'm a pagan, to which I have deliberately turned from atheism.

>with blackjack and hookers
>>
>>70130791
You know that Muslems believe in Jesus' virgin birth and miracles? They only disagree on his divinity. Like Jehova's witnesses. It's still the God of Abraham. Don't ,isuse the church as a tool to overcompensate your inferiority complexes
>>
>>70131013
Have you ever been to a pagan ceremony? Ever prayed? Having Thor's hammer as a screensaver and watching avengers don't count as being pagan
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 707x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 707x707
>>70115148
Traditional Catholic
>>
>>70130079
That means that Muslims and other heretics are worshipping God, but are doing it the wrong way. It's a way of being mindful that we need to show them the right way to to God Through Jesus Christ our lord.

Don't get so bent out of shape about who's faith does what.
>>
File: 1456371969514.jpg (58 KB, 720x513) Image search: [Google]
1456371969514.jpg
58 KB, 720x513
>>70118772
This is a very flawed argument. SJWs think they're fighting oppression. Living a "good" life is meaningless when morality is relative.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 500x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 500x643
>>
>>70131145
I went to one with some witches. It was alright.

I seek to honor the gods through my behavior rather than by talking to an invisible man, because my gods are concepts I feel worthy of attention that I've given names.
>>
>>70115148
Rosicrucian because I'm a special snowflake and also because I was delving into the occult long before I became a Christian so it's the only sect that makes sense.
>>
>>70119484
Sick burn
>>
Nationalists, Patriots, Haters,

All of you,

You made me so sad. I just wanted to say that, no matter religion, culture, traditions, we're all equal, we should help each other, love each other, understand and accept each other, not hate, blame, kill, or whatever.

This, is religion to me. This, is what come after the material, temporal world. It is spiritual communion, it is the only way for humanity to find a way to His world.
It may be hard. But we should all unite to achieve this utopia, this dream, for it becomes true.

Okay thank you bye
Hope you'll care about what I said, I love you whatever.
>>
>>70131382
Hence why i said I use Christianity as my source of unchanging morality. That said, without a moral code set in stone, i do agree weedman.
>>
>>70131047
>It's still the God of Abraham. Don't ,isuse the church as a tool to overcompensate your inferiority complexes
How is Jesus Christ who is Yahweh because they are one, the same as Allah? Allah is not the God of Abraham and if a Muslim says or implies the contrary then he is not truly Muslim.
>>
>>70115148

Orthodox.

I disagree with some Catholic dogma regarding the place of the Pope and the addition of the Filioque.

And Protestants are just "choose your own morals" sorts of Christian.
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (38 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
38 KB, 500x246
Post rare Christ-chans
>>
>>70132356
You know that trinity doesn't mean 3 Gods? They believe in the same divinity they don't believe Christ is part of it. Fuck off with your LARPing to any other thread pls
>>
File: 1459305843821-0.png (228 KB, 499x698) Image search: [Google]
1459305843821-0.png
228 KB, 499x698
>>70132356
Ultimately, this is a meaningless argument.
They worship the same God, but they don't understand his nature. Therefore, they deny him through their beliefs. This doesn't mean that Muslims are saved or that their religion is legitimate, it just means that they worship a corrupted presentation of God propagated by a genocidal, murderous pedophile named Muhammad.
>>
>Baptist fag
No clue why I just went to a Baptist church my friends went to and I liked it and it stuck
>>
>>70115148

Independent Baptist, but I don't go to church like I should. I think it's probably the closest you can get to an accurate Biblical interpretation of Christian doctrine.
>>
File: 1459295851376.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1459295851376.png
1 MB, 640x960
>>70115148

I'm Orthodox because I want to be a part of the one true Church
>>
I am but I haven't officially joined a church yet. I've been trying to visit as many denominations as possible before making such a choice. I like the Orthodox and conservative Lutherans. I would probably like Catholicism better if it wasn't a bunch of Mexicans and white liberals every time I try a mass.
>>
I was born and raised Catholic. Even went to a Catholic school up until 7th grade. Nuns for teachers, regularly-scheduled Church sessions, religion as a major subject, making Communion and such. I've since stopped practicing, but I still keep some of the more core ideas in mind as a sort of personal rulebook/stuff that was instilled enough that I'd rather not stray from it. That mixed with a kind of stoicism that I don't know the proper word for basically makes up my 'religion' nowadays.

>Try to learn as much as possible
>Don't be an asshole.
>Keep your emotions on a short leash.
>Be open-minded enough to try new things without going full "tolerance."
>Defend what you think is right.

Etc. etc.. Not sure what that makes me.

>inb4 a kike-shilling turbofaggot
>>
>>70128643
>>70127760

Thank you.
>>
>>70133228
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>70132592
How did?
>Jesus Christ who is Yahweh
turn into
>You know that trinity doesn't mean 3 Gods
Of course it fucking doesn't it means that they are one and you can't have any one of them without the other. That is the entire point
>>
File: ORTHO.jpg (3 MB, 4648x2200) Image search: [Google]
ORTHO.jpg
3 MB, 4648x2200
>>70115148

because i simply love God

ORTHO
>>
>>70115148
Raised Christian.
Lutheran.
>>
>>70134815
That quote on that picture of Putin is fake.
>>
>>70134815
>World's first lesbian bishop calls for Church to remove cross to install Muslim prayer space
Please tell me that isn't real
>>
>>70134815

Kek I made the original I'm glad its been updated
>>
>>70135496
It's a priest in Sweden. Take a guess.
>>
>>70135815
Oh.
Is there no chance for Sweden?
Everyday I read about new things and my hope for Sweden falls even lower
>>
Protestant

Because it clearly says Jesus had brothers so Mary did not remain a virgin.
25% of what the Catholics do and believe is NOT in the Bible
I don't know much the difference between Orthodox and Catholics as the Orthodox have a hard on for Mary too, they perform peculiar ceremonies, they don't have a Pope, and believe in Easter is a different time of year.
I'm not sure if the orthodox have "priests" and if they can get married.

Protestants believe in the Bible and only the Bible, and maybe some Saints.
But protestants don't put enough emphasis on good works. Protestants believe by faith, but seem to fail to connect that to prove your faith, you must perform good works like loving your neighbor, and never divorcing unless your wife is sexually immoral.
And our churches are typically much more "humble" than Orthodox and Catholic churches both in our speaking and architecture.
>>
>>70136331
>Protestants
Why do you support schisms?
>>
>>70115148
I support the Classical Theist worldview.

I found the argument for Catholicism very sound.
>>
>>70136601
Why do YOU support schisms?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>70115148
Because I am Lebanese.
>>
>>70136982
I didn't break from Rome.
>>
File: 1458595145259.jpg (417 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
1458595145259.jpg
417 KB, 1008x1008
>>70118895
>Episcopalian
>relevant at all
die heretic
>>
>>70137100
Why would you think Rome was the true Church?
You guys help kill Jesus you know.
>>
>>70137354
Long story short Peter traveled his ass to Rome to get killed.
>>
>>70135530
Thanks based bro !
>>
File: MARSZ.jpg (1 MB, 1600x998) Image search: [Google]
MARSZ.jpg
1 MB, 1600x998
>>70123454
>France is not the land of the French, but a land of humans, as Earth is
Honestly I can't wait until "Humans" kill all the people who believe in such shit so we can acually all start behaving like Homo Sapiens aka being tribal and territorial. I bet you are a pacifist too so this should be easy.
>>
>>70123806
>sounds like you're a Protestant bruv

"Protestant" is not a denomination. i am only a Protestant insomuch as i do not follow the dictates of the man in the expensive hat.
>>
>>70138856
So a protestant.
>>
>>70115148
>Implying I am Christian

>Implying I believe in God

>Tips Fedora

Enjoy your hugbox thread
>>
>>70138906

to me, that would indicate that one belongs to a denomination normally designated as "Protestant." i do not belong to a denomination.

it would be as if soda drinkers were separated into two camps: those who like Coke are "Coke drinkers" and those who do not like Coke are called "Pepsi drinkers" - regardless whether you hate Pepsi and prefer RC or whatever.

it's a pretty meaningless term.
>>
>>70140112
>soda
It's Pop you mouthbreather.
>>
Lutherian
>>
>>70140185

funny - i actually anticipated my choice of terms there being a matter of controversy.

are you from the south, or midwest, or some similar place that no one cares about?
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.