[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I consider myself to be a Christian, but no one ever explains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: God's Wrath.jpg (1017 KB, 2863x1830) Image search: [Google]
God's Wrath.jpg
1017 KB, 2863x1830
I consider myself to be a Christian, but no one ever explains this, why is it that God has so drastically reduced his role in involving himself with the affairs with man? In the Old Testament he was highly involved, and it just seems like he diminished his role after Jesus, why is this?
>>
>>70110566
The Internet
>>
>>70110566
He got old.
>>
The Old Testament had prophets who were widely accepted and a council who could decide upon canonical texts with varying degrees of accuracy. Jesus caused a schism and many, many new texts to be distributed. Fast forward to Constantine, Catholicism, etc... and make the conclusions.
>>
Because you still believe in fairy tales, that's why.
>>
>>70110566
He went to prepare a place for us. His work is done. All He has to do now is just come back for us before the goyim get punished.

He left us with His preserved Word (KJV bible) and God has given His only Son to redeem us.

Now God is watching. We are to endure the fedoras, the mockers and scoffers, and basically things are now as bad as they were when Noah had to get on his ark.

Here's how it happened;

Genesis 7:13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark

In the same day that Noah entered the ark, the flood began.

God already sent out His wedding invitations. Not everyone has R.S.V.P.
>>
File: 1456696900395.jpg (23 KB, 570x422) Image search: [Google]
1456696900395.jpg
23 KB, 570x422
>>70110566
>when you realize that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by nukes
>when you realize that the woman that turned into salt actually turned into ash just like the japs in ww2 and they just thought she turned into salt because it looked like it

Shiiiiieet
>>
>>70110566

Most Christians will say "THE OLD TESTAMENT DOESN'T COUNT LOL"
>>
>>70110566
We killed his son.

Yeah anon, I totally want to hang out with the people who murdered my kid like the cuck piece of shit you think I am.
>>
>>70110566
People used to think that God rewarded them by giving them rain. Then we discovered weather and God stopped being thanked.
>>
Jesus created a new covenant, removing the need for the old Jewish customs, but as well as God's direct involvement. Humanity has "aged ". Like a child only understands physical punishment (OP pic related) the small delicate nature of early human population and development required firmer guidance.

After Jesus came a new age where obvious direct intervention would prove one faith wrong over the others, negating the faith and choice based relationship God intended. Can you imagine the reaction to the parting of the red Sea in an age of cellphones and YouTube?
>>
>>70112788
And I mean that in the sense of, say, Muslims chasing a group of Christians to the edge of the sea and it parting for them, then collapsing on the Muslims after the Christians were safely across .
>>
>>70112788
>>70110566
>why is it that God has so drastically reduced his role in involving himself with the affairs with man?
Because he's not real.
>>70112788
>negating the faith and choice based relationship God intended.
This doesn't make any sense. Back when he used to actually do stuff it was to prove he's the one true god. He even once had a propher set up a contest with priests for other gods to show those gods suck. Why would he not want to do that anymore?
>>
>>70110566

Stop interpreting the bible literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27g5Xs4lHUk
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.