[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how shitty is the bureaucracy in Your country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Tell me /pol/. How long does it take to get a new ID card in your country (as a native)?

I was pleasently surprised when I recently had to renew my ID card

>10 minute administration
>done in 3 days with sms notification
>cost $0

pretty good considering our new ID cards include fingerprints, chip, healhcare ID plus tax ID and some other shit all in one
>>
>>70110327
A drivers licence takes about a day at the local motor vehicle agency thiugh you need to wait anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours and a new social security card takes 'fuck you, you'll get it when you get it' which is anywhere from a week to a month.

Green cards take about 3 months.

Not terrible but not great.

Don't think the US has a universal ID yet, for better or worse.
>>
>>70110327
>>I'm pretty sure Singapore is not in the EU
>>
3 months for my driver's license to be put together
>>
Waiting time for the bureaucracy depends on where you live, and when you show up. I've never waited more than 30 minutes, and that was when they were shortstaffed.

Shit ain't free. A new ID costs a bit under 30 euro, and you have to get a new one every 10 years. Yes, have to, it's the law. A passport would also work, if you feel like paying the 60 eurodolla.

Actual bureaucracy involved is fast, just a few minutes. Government then spends a few weeks printing it.

Yeah, bureaucracy is bad here. At least I'm not in Berlin. Their local office is so bad, people are unable to even get an appointment at all, not even months from now. People have been failing their deadlines to notify the government they moved simply because bureaucracy is unable to keep up with people wanting shit done.
>>
>>70110578

you don't have universal ID's? I guess it's harder to implement in such a big country

>>70110757
that's a lot m8, I'm surprised.
>>
>>70110846

this just proves what I've been hearing about the slowness of western EU bureaucracy.

It's still hard to believe, I mean it's the rich west WTF
>>
>>70110996
A driver's licence is the closest thing to a universal ID in terms if something that can be scanned and used to ID someone all the though everyone is in the system to an extent. I would actually like a universal ID if I wasn't so fucking sure Calicucks would fuck it up and start handing them out to illeagal immigrents for free like driver's licenses.
>>
>>70111176
It could probably be fast, if it wasn't doing everything. Including truckloads of useless things.
>>
>>70111235

California is truly the shittiest state. Mega Earthquake Tsunami when?
>>
>>70111320

all the money you're spending on refugees could be put to better use I guess. like modernizing administration
>>
>>70111787
>all the money you're spending on refugees could be put to better use I guess.
That's a given.
We could burn it so the homeless get warm and it'd be a better use.
>like modernizing administration
And that's not gonna happen either way. Too many people have found their cushy niche there, pushing pencils, doing irrelevant shit, and eventually retiring.
>>
>>70111235
In a lot of states you can get a state ID as well as a driver's license. A universal ID could potentially stop those kinds of abuses by individual states by making it a federal matter. States and localities can pretty freely choose to not enforce state and local laws but non-enforcement of federal laws is a little more frowned upon.
>>
>>70111937

I see. the classic "too big state" issue.
>>
>>70112300
You'll end up there again, it's a natural conclusion for all societies eventually.

People don't like problems. So they try to get someone else to solve them for them. That's where the state steps in, because that's the only ones who actually like solving the same problem again and again.

When the state runs out of real problems, because someone else solved them accidently, they start making up problems, just to stay relevant. And they snatch up more and more pseudoproblems along the way, and then tell people that without them, everything would go to shit, look at all those non-problems!

And the people like it that way. Life seems easier when there's the state taking all the minor shit off your hands and pretends to solve it so you don't have to look at it anymore.

Only solution is periodic resets.
>>
>>70110327
Needed a permit to chop down a small rowan on my front yard

Wait time: 1 month
>>
>>70110327
We don't have national ID cards here, thankfully.

If we did it would be the as getting any other copy of a document though.
Make a phone call, perhaps 10 minutes
4-8 weeks processing
Cost £20 - £100
>>
>>70110327
Kinda slow except when you want to start a bussiness, then it's hell on fucking earth and expensive as shit
>>
>>70110327
odd it's the americans pushing this shit and their not even on the list?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.