[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, can we have a serious discussion on religion and /pol/ for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 16
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 191x265) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 191x265
So, can we have a serious discussion on religion and /pol/ for once?

PAGAN LARPERS NOT WELCOME. TRUE PAGANS ARE. IF YOU'RE A "PAGAN" WHO HAS SAT AROUND IN YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT ALL DAY DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING PAGAN-ISH YOU'RE NOT A PAGAN

I personally am Orthodox, and don't see how anyone redpilled could be otherwise. The Catholic Church is cucked beyond belief. Protestant theology is shaky at best, but it's irrelevant because as far as I'm concerned, no Apostolic succession = no Church. Snackbars we've already established clearly are not a true religion by any chance. Pagans are mostly LARPers, and atheism is a degeneracy that's destroying society, as far as I'm concerned. Orthodoxy seems to be the only religion that's swallowed a redpill, as shallow as it may be. Thoughts, /pol/?
>>
>>70092819
>So, can we have a serious discussion on religion and /pol/ for once?
no, not really
we're sure the chip on your shoulder is delicious, especially if it's dipped in cheese like this, but still, we can't take it seriously
>>
>>70092819
>pagan
I am pretty sure you mean gentile, goy.
>>
>Orthodoxy seems to be the only religion that's swallowed a redpill

I agree, but you're a Jew so what are you trying to say?
>>
>>70093156

>implying conversion is not a thing
>>
>>70093156
Even people in Israel need their Shabbos Goy.
>>
>>70093263

U what brah

There's a Patriarchate in Jerusalem, in case you didn't realize that yet.
>>
>>70093339
Further evidence that not all Israelis are Jews because even Israeli Jews need to keep Shabbos Goy around to do shit for them.
>>
>>70093500

You are aware that Israel is only 80% Jewish, right?
>>
>>70093535
20% is a decent population size of Shabbos Goy, what is the problem, does your low self esteem and poor genetics make you feel worthless and think you need help assisting the jews?
>>
I'm not Orthodox yet but I certainly feel it has the most reasonable theology.

Been attending an Orthodox church for a few months.
>>
File: image.png (631 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
631 KB, 750x1334
Hey Joo, how common is it in your country to think of the goyim as the slaves of joos, as prophesised in the Talmud?

Vid related:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIskh_5s_-Y
>>
>>70094364

I don't know, I'm not a fucking Jew anymore. Get it through your heads.
>>
>>70094364
Didn't you read the whole OP or any of his replies?

He is one of the joos (sic) goyim slaves.
>>
>>70094857
You can convert but you are still Jewish. Being Jew is more than religion. It's in the blood.
>>
>>70094857
>anymore
What made you willing to give up all the benefits and lower your self to subservience just be a crypto who gets to be head goy?
>>
File: 1408379079589.png (128 KB, 812x1320) Image search: [Google]
1408379079589.png
128 KB, 812x1320
>>70092819
>So, can we have a serious discussion on religion and /pol/ for once?

No.
>>
>>70095173

Because, despite what /pol/ might have you believe, barely and Israelis are part of the Jewish conspiracy. It's the rich American Jews from New York City that are the problem.
>>
File: BloodTimeline (2).png (249 KB, 2394x779) Image search: [Google]
BloodTimeline (2).png
249 KB, 2394x779
Orthodoxy is a man-made heresy that has perverted the teachings of Christ and the bible.

You're all going to hell because you believe in faith+works when in reality the bible teaches by faith alone. True fundamentalist baptist churches are the most anti-degeneracy churches out there.
>>
>>70094857
once a jew always a jew źydku
>>
>>70092819
>Orthodoxy seems to be the only religion that's swallowed a redpill,

But Orthodox christianity is paganism, you pray to saints and pictures. Only religion that is taken seriously anymore is Islam.
>>
>>70093923
go stay at a monastery for a week or so, the lifestyle of the monks will show you what real peace of mind and soul looks like. I'm sure you've seen how real Orthodox people live, they have a serenity you can't explain.
>>
>>70095462
Sure, its just a coincidence Israel gets so much military funding from the US turning US taxpayers into the largest set of goys the spooky jews have on hand.
>>
>>70095528
How do you read this graph?!
>>
>>70095528
how does a holy person not do good works out of pure holiness. When you are so filled with God, it's impossible to not do good things under the influence of His grace.

If you don't do good works means you're not good enough.
>>
File: 1445829087303.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1445829087303.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>70092819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
>>
>>70095528
go read the saints of the first few centuries and see if they agree with your baptist theology

desu they dont

every century of Orthodox saints have writings that you can compare to the altered "teachings" of modern baptists
>>
>>70095681
A person filled with the spirit will do good works but it's not what gets you saved. A person could get saved but then lose his faith, then he will be fruitless. He's still saved though.
>>
>>70095787
They agreed with the most fundamental teaching of salvation and that's what really matters, that's what makes them children of God. No orthodox get salvation right.
>>
>>70095659
Top part is unsaved heathen christians, bottom part are bible believing saved christian saints
>>
Hope you're having a good fast if you're fasting orthodox brother, stay safe and God bless
>>
>>70095891
this agrees with baptists??
how

http://www.goarch.org/ourfaith/how-are-we-saved
>>
What do you guys think of Quakerism? Seems pretty based.
>no loud singing and waving of arms or all that baptist bullshit
>no stupid faux tongues like Penties
>no over ritualized demagoguery like Catholics
>sit in quiet contemplation of the divine
>discuss things and not just listen to a pastor rant at you
>>
>>70092819
Religion is cancer.
They have monopolised the spirituality and now people are afraid to look into their own mind.
The right way is an adogmatic teaching not a cult.
So asking what is the superior religion is like choosing the prettiest piece of dogshit. Wathever the outcome it's still shit.
>>
>>70096142
Hi leddit, here's your (you)
>>
>>70096008
Orthodox don't agree with baptists, I think we're talking about different people here.

The catholic churches(including greek orthodox) have perverted the word "saint", saint just means a saved christian.

I'm talking about early Christians, not early orthodox "saints". Many early christians agreed with baptists on salvation
>>
File: 1456098873100.png (127 KB, 1103x864) Image search: [Google]
1456098873100.png
127 KB, 1103x864
>>70095681
>When you are so filled with God, it's impossible to not do good things under the influence of His grace.

I've always found this funny. Religious people do "good works" because they think it scores them points with God, while atheistic/humanist people do them simply because its the right thing to do, and because they want to. There is no special reward for such deeds.

Same thing with everything else. Religious doctrines cheapen human nature and emotions. The reasons for why we feel or do things. It steals all progress made by humans and attributes it to God. All while showing nothing for it.

Religion is poison.

"I mean to say it infects us at our most basic integrity. It says we cannot be moral, or good to one another without a totalitarian, without a divine permission."
>>
>>70096072
/pol/ will shit on Quakers for being the most 'liberal' branch of Christianity to the point where strictly speaking they're not exclusively Christian.

That aside, I've never met a Quaker that was not mostly a good person.
>>
>>70092819
I'm a pagan. I'm a farmer, I sacrifice rabbits that I hunt to the Gods.
>>
>>70095577

But I have. Stayed at two monasteries in the past few months, actually.
>>
>>70096446
There's an interesting thought experiment starter. Do you necessarily need to be "Christian" to have a relationship with Christ?
>>
>>70096072
>>no loud singing and waving of arms or all that baptist bullshit
God wants you to sing to him.

Psalm 100
>Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
>Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

Psalm 95
>O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
>Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Colossians 3:16
>Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Psalm 147
>Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.

>>discuss things and not just listen to a pastor rant at you
Look at the type of preaching John the Baptist did if you want to know what type of preaching is biblical
>>
>>70095559

>Venerating icons is worship

GTFO

>>70096072

No Apostolic Succession, no valid Church. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>70096309
This is mostly correct, however the atheists doing good things for intrinsic rewards will not be as numerous as christians doing good deeds for mostly internal extrinsic rewards.

This means that atheists that do good have a stronger motivation, and will therefore do more.
Christians that do good will be less motivated, and therefore do less, bet there will be more of them.

>100 Christians donate $20 to a random Charity out of their 100k salary, and 1 year to worship.
>2 atheists donate $2,000 and 1 year of their life working in African communities.
>>
>>70096617
Monastaries is not a biblical concept, it's never once mentioned in the bible. It's an import from the east, from buddists and eastern mysticism. The bible tells us to be fruitful and multiply and preach the gospel to every creature, not hide our testament away and be celibate
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gF5eSyikHUQ
>>
>>70096772

>>70095528
>>
>>70096772
>succession
You can't measure the proof of divinity through human lineage. The church wasn't founded by mortal man, it is merely carried by him.
>>
>>70096749
>god wants you to sing to him

Wew låd
>>
File: 1403252211209.gif (156 KB, 540x2114) Image search: [Google]
1403252211209.gif
156 KB, 540x2114
>>70096859
The most charitable work is done from secular organizations. Most religious groups just do it to proselytize.

But even disregarding all that. I'm talking about the fundamentals of religious thought. It is parasitic in nature. It poisons our human nature, and takes credit for things it never did, and in many cases, stood in opposition of.

Even political groups nowdays are tyrannical on both sides. The far left leads to communism and the far right leads to theocracy.

There is no rational middle ground that people will gravitate towards.
>>
>>70092819
Catholic here
>>
>>70097221
POO
>>
File: UU.png (19 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
UU.png
19 KB, 500x449
>>70097152
>there is no rational middle ground
:^)
>>
>>70092819
I agree with that L'chaim. What Orthodox name were you baptized under?
>>
>>70097152
>le middle of le road fallacy
>>
>>70097316

Still not baptized, but I'm in the process.
>>
>>70092819
Are Hindus considered pagan by the Abrahamic religions?
>>
>>70097265
>faith

No. I'm talking about an irreligious political philosophy. Namely nationalism.

>>70097397
What fallacy? The point stands. Both sides are irrational and lead to tyranny when they get out of hand.

If the left goes too far, it leads to communism. If the right goes too far, it leads to theocracy.
>>
Anglican checking in
Will answer any question
>>
>>70097578

They're in a sort of grey area. But the most popular answer seems to be yes.
>>
File: 1459924664036.jpg (633 KB, 704x850) Image search: [Google]
1459924664036.jpg
633 KB, 704x850
Which communion within the Eastern Christian Tradition is the true One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church?

>Eastern Christianity consists of four main church families: the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Oriental Orthodox Churches, the Assyrian Church of the East, and the Eastern Catholic Churches. The term is used in contrast to Western Christianity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Christianity

Eastern Orthodox Church
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

Oriental Orthodoxy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriental_Orthodoxy

Church of the East
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_East

Eastern Catholic Churches
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Catholic_Churches
>>
>>70097578
Ok, Pajeet.

Time for serious talk.

Indians are raelly submissive genetically, this results in generally kind and sympathetic people. The issue is that after gaining independence, you lot reverted back to being just a single step above tribal so you breed outside of your resources. This is the source of
>poo in loo
>being dirty and smelly
>being viewed as animals by civilized people

If India had 1/5th of it's population and welcomed the eternal anglo back as rulers, you could become a first world country.

Also your country is the source of gypsies, which makes everyone laugh at you. The issue with such a large population is that the best genes don't float to the top, so you're also ugly as fuck.
>>
>>70097636

How do you in all seriousness follow a Church solely founded so that a king could divorce his wife?
>>
>>70092819
Why to put yourself willingly under the domination of an organisation?
Following a cult and their leaders until the inevitable corruption happens.
Why choose to be a slave when you can be the master of your own belief system and be in direct contact with your god?

I don't want someone telling me what to do in the name of his personnal view of the divine.
>>
>>70092819I am a pagan myself believing Tengri.It's very free religion.İt has common rules on the other religion, like sex outside of marriage is forbidden murder stealing bad etc.It has not shittiy islam or christian rules.Tengri states If you believing a single god you are welcomed by Tengri.
>>
>>70097812
The denomination has evolved since then, and formed it's own beliefs and rulesets separate to other denominations. It's creation doesn't undermine its ability as a valid religion
>>
>>70097767

Eastern Orthodoxy. Oriental Orthodox are Monophysite, however they reject this term and most scholars on both sides more or less agree that the reason for the split was simply a misunderstanding of semantics, and that both essentially believe the same thing. Church of the East are Nestorians, however they also reject this title. Eastern Catholic Churches are literally the sheer definition of Cucks, just take a look at the Eastern Christianity forum on CAF, it's more or less filled to the brim with Easternboos.
>>
>>70097920
Presbyterian here.
Do you think Churches that legalize same-sex marriage use the same logic?
>>
>>70097920

Yes, it does. A religion is founded that descends from the Church of antiquity, and only Eastern Orthodoxy can rightly claim that title as of today.
>>
>>70097824
Because people who are attracted to Gods and religion have the desire to be a slave. They want to be dominated by a higher authority (the goal being God but the reality being churches/pastors/etc), and dominate others by authority of their authority.

It is the wanting to submit. To bow and beg. This is why they so often repeat the "every knee shall bend" quote. They want everyone to share their weakness and submission.

Of course, along with this comes mob mentality and groupthink. They want echo chambers. And as you so often see, whenever someone doesn't go along with the echo chamber, they lash out and insult. It is a programmed response. Some will spend all their time mocking those who don't go along with their program. This means they're insecure in their own faith, and are afraid they're wrong.

This is why religion poisons everything. As Hitchens would say.
>>
>>70098012

Which Eastern Orthodoxy branch have you decided to baptize under? Russian, Greek, etc.? Is there a Jerusalem branch?
>>
>>70098053
Never thought about it that way, but I guess that's how they rationalise it.
I'm against it on both a moral and religious basis though, but I will use this time to say that it doesn't mean I or God hates gay people
>>
>>70098357
Look, I'll be honest with you. I can tell that you're more theologically well-versed than me, so I don't have an answer for you. Maybe you're right that my personal denomination is corrupt and irrelevant, but I don't find it that way.
>>
>>70098499
>I'm against it on both a moral and religious basis though, but I will use this time to say that it doesn't mean I or God hates gay people

This is illogical and contradictory. It seems more like you do hate gay people (and use your God to justify this) but don't want to admit it. Because you still want the image of being a nice little Christian.
>>
File: 1459072312698.jpg (35 KB, 406x523) Image search: [Google]
1459072312698.jpg
35 KB, 406x523
If the Holy Spirit comes from God and Jezus Christ is God, then why couldn't the Holy Spirit also come from Jezus?

Honest question, I really don't get the problem with this whole filioque stuff.
>>
>>70098721
No, I'm against same-sex marriage and ideology. Not the people themselves.
And I have non-religious reasons for being against it
I can understand where you're coming from though
>>
>>70099113
>No, I'm against same-sex marriage and ideology.
Why? And it's not an "ideology". It's just a sexuality and resulting legal case for the rights of said sexuality.
>Not the people themselves.
They're one and the same.
>And I have non-religious reasons for being against it
Elaborate on them.
>>
>>70098369

Which is why /pol/ are the real cucks. That need to be dominated by a strong and powerful man is embedded deep in their psyche.
>>
>>70099217
>Homosexuality is just a fetish that's been completely overblown
>People have formed their entire identities around this fetish, which isn't healthy
>Sexual attraction shouldn't be what a marriage is based on, and this is what the same-sex marriage movement is trying to achieve
This is what I believe
>>
>>70099422
>Which is why /pol/ are the real cucks
/pol/ is not one person.
>That need to be dominated by a strong and powerful man is embedded
There's a difference between political and spiritual leaders. One leads a nation and the other is a con artist.

>>70099430
>>Homosexuality is just a fetish that's been completely overblown
Absurd.
>>People have formed their entire identities around this fetish, which isn't healthy
This is true. Thought this may be due to years of repressed sexuality.
>>Sexual attraction shouldn't be what a marriage is based on
You wouldn't have a mate if it weren't for sexual attraction in the first place. Yet another area where religion is anti human nature.
>and this is what the same-sex marriage movement is trying to achieve
No it isn't.
>This is what I believe
You should think about things more critically from both sides.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 512x512
Venerating someone suffering on a cross is a mittle disturbing if you think about it.
It's the whole "i'm a sinner i must repent" even if you are not.
I dont remember when the church choose to have this negative aspect instead of a positive one. I've read something on that subject.
>>
>>70099632
Are you saying it's absurd that homosexuality is a fetish? In what way is it distinguished from other abnormal sexual attractions?
>>
>>70099738
>Are you saying it's absurd that homosexuality is a fetish?
Yes.
>In what way is it distinguished from other abnormal sexual attractions?
Because of medical research. Gay people cannot find the opposite sex sexually or romantically attractive. Just as you can't with the same sex.
>>
>>70099887
A lot of people suffering from fetishes only find the object of their fetish arousing as well
>>
>>70099031
I'm pretty sure none of those 3 are created beings, they have all existed for eternity.
>>
>>70099887
There are plenty of gay people that are attracted to women, periodically. Stop swallowing all the homo propaganda.
>>
>>70092819
If Judaism is the original religion and the chosen of god.
Why would anyone waste their time with a lesser version of it?
>>
>>70099031
Jews stole religious memes in babylon then christian stole memes from jews.
It's all symbolic there is no place to argue over the interpretation of the interpretation. One should always seek the source and not trusting the one that said he has seen it.
>>
>>70100086
What are your comparisons?

This isn't just about sexual arousal. It's about feeling love for your significant other. If that is to be disputed, then one should also question the love you would have for females (or males if you're female) and insist you only care about sexual arousal.

Which there's nothing wrong with. But don't be a hypocrite about it.

Your positions don't seem very logical and really just seem like you're stretching for an excuse to hate gay people because your church (or whatever) told you to.
>>
>>70100255
>There are plenty of gay people that are attracted to women, periodically.

Not sexually or romantically. If you dispute otherwise, you're denying basic sexuality.

But I don't expect honesty or logical thought from you. Judging by your other posts.
>>
>>70100275
>jews didn't steal their religion from assyrians
>>
>>70100307
That's what I'm saying though. Homosexuality is a sexual issue, and it's being brought into marriage debate. That's why I don't support it.
>>
>>70100275
Because Jews were waiting for their chosen Messiah, and once he came they killed him and they are still in denial about it
>>
File: 1458856109031.jpg (79 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1458856109031.jpg
79 KB, 600x399
>2016
>being a cucktholic
>>
>>70100410
>you're denying basic sexuality
No such thing
>>
>>70093792
this is why we hate most goyim
your big ugly mouths
>>
>>70100628
>Homosexuality is a sexual issue

As is Heterosexuality. Your point?
>>
File: syriac.jpg (350 KB, 1470x1789) Image search: [Google]
syriac.jpg
350 KB, 1470x1789
Congratulations on finding the path brother. I'm an Assyrian and I'm glad to see my Semitic brethren finding their way to Orthodoxy, the true Church of Christ.

I dedicate this to you, my brother in Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpMM9ZuRkKs

God bless you.
>>
>>70100907
Well you've given me something to think about and a new perspective to consider, so thank you.
>>
File: 1448152125615.jpg (19 KB, 370x319) Image search: [Google]
1448152125615.jpg
19 KB, 370x319
>>70101112
...Alright.
>>
>>70097894
You do realise that only turkic people believe that religion right?
>>
>>70092819

So. . .can you NOT start a thread with "so"? It's unnecessary and makes you sound like a tumblrina.

Oh fuck you're Constantine aren't you.
>>
>>70092819
Are you an Orthodox Christian of Jewish descent? From the immigration of the ex-Soviet Union?
>>
>>70097894
So you worship the sky?
>>
>>70092819
What kind of orthodoxy, jewish or christian?
>>
>>70102376
He is an orthodox "jew for jesus".
>>
>>70092819
All that needs to be told about religions is this:
Islam wants to conquer the world through Jihad, its incompatible with progress and keeping retardation from future generations.
Christianity expands through evangelization, nothing dangerious, its a cucked religion and rotten, since it has traditionally castrated the intellectual elite.
Joos have written in their book that Israel must rule and then the goys will be slaves, they are naturally sneaky and subversive even for their own.
>>
File: fedora18.jpg (93 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
fedora18.jpg
93 KB, 600x800
>>70092819
"
I personally am Orthodox, and don't see how anyone redpilled could be otherwise. The Catholic Church is cucked beyond belief. Protestant theology is shaky at best, but it's irrelevant because as far as I'm concerned, no Apostolic succession = no Church. Snackbars we've already established clearly are not a true religion by any chance. Pagans are mostly LARPers, and atheism is a degeneracy that's destroying society, as far as I'm concerned. Orthodoxy seems to be the only religion that's swallowed a redpill, as shallow as it may be. Thoughts, /pol/?"
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.