[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he based /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
Was he based /pol/?
>>
>>70084213

Extremely based, but misguided.
>>
Yes.
>>
not a crook
>>
No, he was a faggot, but I'm just fucking syrup so my opinion is probably shit.
>>
>>70084213
Didn't he used to hire fake hippie protestors to cause a scene at his appearances? Is that based or jew trickery?
>>
Best foreign policy president in the last hundred years.
>>
>>70084367
>jew trickery
The only problem with jew trickery is that it's done by Jews. Jew tactics are based
>>
Based but couldn't handle it. Also, Frost Nixon is one of the best movies in recent memory
>>
>>70084407
Tied with Wilson
>>
>>70084213
Bombed Vietnam to show up the soviets, then got us out.
limited nuclear arms
made china and Russia distrust each other and thus start detant
went after journalists
went after government bureaucrats
anti gay, jew, black
born a poor man who fought against the rich snobs and made it to the presidency after three attempts
humble man who spent more time in the Eisenhower building secluded from everyone working out his ideas rather tan parading around the white house
introvert possible INTJ president.
I like him.
>>
>>70084574
yea tied with a guy who got us in a war for no reason
>>
He had a very healthy distrust of the Jews so I'd say that yes, he was.
>>
>>70084213
GOLD STANDARD.

GIVE IT BACK
>>
>>70084642
and started the federal reserve
>>
>>70084213
An interesting listen on the subject of Nixon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWpJ7ubN_6g
>>
>>70084213
this is treason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEPI_9Ju0k
>>
File: 1459535387885.jpg (232 KB, 768x652) Image search: [Google]
1459535387885.jpg
232 KB, 768x652
>>70084213
Of course.
>>
>>70084407

This

He really was groundbreaking in his foreign policy work, but no one will ever remember him for anything except Watergate. He was paranoid, but in the end, his worst enemy was himself.
>>
>>70085006
reagan did the samething in iran
bush outed a cia agent

republicans the party of treason
>>
>>70084213
He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>70085506
Meanwhile innocent little lbj needed an illegal wiretap on nixon
>>
Hell no.
Nixon was a gigantic fuckface and a hypocrite.
>>
>>70085006
>>70085506
Fuck off leaf.
>>
>>70085562
why, because he was committing treason?
>>
>"Hot pants."

>"Jesus christ."
>>
>>70085299
I'll post it again

>nixon wiretaps one office
>evil
>obama wiretaps the whole country
>social justice super nigger more gibs plz

the left had it in for him from the beginning.

right wingers LOSE in the west. we've experienced a complete communization of our countries. his enemy was the communists, and they won.
>>
>>70085656
Ahh, so it's okay to commit illegal actions when you're self justified
I'm sure nixon would love to hear that
>>
>>70085656
LBJ did to Nixon what he would later get in trouble for with Watergate in the 1960 election. Sabotaging the "peace talks" in 1968 was just Tricky Dick's revenge.
>>
>>70084642
>>70084799
Its just a prank, bro
>>
File: You.jpg (34 KB, 350x346) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
34 KB, 350x346
>>70084308
>>
>>70085928
>>70085905
best republican president in the last 50 years?
>>
>>70084789
The gold standard was all fun and games until the French government, followed quickly by many others, announced their intentions to hand over every U.S. dollar they had in exchange for gold bars. That is what caused the shift, Nixon had a tough call to make and he made it. He prevented a disaster and deserves praise for it.
>>
>>70084213
So based he himself couldn't realize it and end up tapping his opponent's loo.
>>
>>70085856

Obama did it officially as a part of national defense strategy

Nixon did it secretly to destroy a handful of his political enemies

Notice a difference? Of course you don't.
>>
>>70084213
1.5 minutes:

>Richard Nixon on the purpose of life
https://d2.maxfile.ro/wdiacubncn.webm
>>
>>70086942
True, but Nixon's offense was minor in comparison to what the NSA does today
Or even what edgar hoover or lbj were doing

Not to say he's innocent, only that I don't understand why he's the model "corrupt" president
>>
>>70088188

if Nixon had today's tech, would he being doing what the NSA does now? worse?
>>
>>70088252
Who knows, Nixon is hard to figure out
>>
>>70088188
>but Nixon's offense was minor in comparison to what the NSA does today

Only in scale. In terms of legitimacy, Nixon had none.

The NSA is currently operating under official executive orders from Obama. That's why it's not an example of "corruption". It follows the rules. You may not like the rules, but he's following them. Thus, he's not corrupt.

Nixon, in contrast, was corrupt. He was so corrupt that he believed that the Presidency, by definition, could never be accused of corruption. When it comes to breaking the law, he said "when the president does it, that means it is not illegal."

He deserved his reputation.
>>
Nixon-Kissinger duo produced the most impressive foreign policy America has seen in the 20th and 21st century.
>>
he hated the jews, so why not?
>>
>>70088942
Yes, I'm aware of that, that's why I brought up LBJ and Hoover, both of who took action illegally.
>He was so corrupt that he believed that the Presidency, by definition, could never be accused of corruption.
He was pretty close to the truth. Look at FDR for christ's sake.
And your shit about the rules is nonsense. When the rules are stretched so far that even congressional approval is irrelevant, they might as well not exist.
>>
>>70084213

He was the last president that told the truth and was a straight shooter.

When found out, he didn't deny anything, he just resigned.

>>70088942

Intent and spirit of the law matters. Taking taxpayer funds originally intended for one purpose then, doing something else with them by executive order is corrupt.

We just have a general fund cluster fuck now instead of targeted taxes for specific purposes. It makes it a lot easy for folks like you to use weasel words to somehow imply that it's somehow more virtuous.
>>
>>70088942

>official executive orders make someone okay
>unofficial orders from an executive don't

Government miracles
>>
I'm 100% sure that Dick Nixon's ghost is behind the /pol/'s meme magic. Bastard would love the shit that we're pulling.
>>
>>70084213
He was pretty redpilled. Hated the SJWs of his time. Could have kept going too if he didn't get caught trying to tamper with the left's documents for political gain in future elections.
>>
>>70090050
Your opinion on watergate?
>>
>>70089687
>>70089682

One order was issued as part of a national defense strategy.

The other was issued to destroy personal political enemies.

The spirit of the law matters, and in this case, the difference between these two orders is clear.
>>
>>70090498
Didn't you just stress that Nixon was wrong because of legal technicalities?
I'm sure LBJ thought he was justified when he bugged those who were protesting his war
>>
>>70090833
>Didn't you just stress that Nixon was wrong because of legal technicalities?

Nixon violated both the spirit and the letter of the law. His position was impossible to justify.

I can't comment on LBJ's bugging as I'm not familiar with it.
>>
>>70084213
[sweating intensifies]
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STr9NtF6fco

before you knock it because its conan o'brien, you might be refreshed to know that conan's pretty well read and eloquent. must be part of the job when your job is to do nothing but interview people.
>>
>>70092208
Of course it's impossible to justify it. I just don't see the fuss, especially considering bush and obama. Both of their administrations have admitted to using surveillance beyond what congress granted and no one gives a shit lol

That deserves ten times more rage than nixon's paranoiac blunders
>>
>>70084213
Repost
My view of Nixon Was split into 3 phases

>Phase 1
>Liberal school teachers: Nixon le ebil >:)

The following were all "bad"
>Watergate
>Vietnam
>fucking up hippies
>"racist"
>war on drugs
>>
>>70093540
>Phase 2
>Burgeoning cuckservatism

Realize that
>Nixon got us OUT of VN
>He also has a clear armamment plan
>Sino Soviet split brought cheap goods to the US and weakened the USSR
>He wrote Civil Rights legislation in congress
>Many of The anti war and civil rights "protesters " were rioters, many of whom were under KGB influence
>The war on drugs made sense at the time, since drugs were linked to crime, so logically to decresae crime one decreases the flow of drugs
>It was Johnson's guns and butter that bankrupted the US, forcing Nixon's hand with the Nixon Shock
>>
>>70093756
>Phase 3
>Anti globalism

>Realize that opening relations with the PRC was done on the blood and backs of East Timor, Bangladesh, and Cyprus

>Realize he bombed Cambodia without co gressional approval, leading in part to the Khmer Rouge gaining power in the blowback

>Realize that "free trade " with China was not a series of free market transactions, since much of The PRC was a command economy that marshalled resources toward industrialization against the interests and wills of many, that it weakened its own currency like mad, that it has slave like conditions in many farms and factories, etc.

>Realize that even though The Watergate break in was in line with previous politicians' actions , he used the FBI and IRS as bludgeona against political enemies

>That whatever one thinks about blacks and hippies, he and Haldeman implemented the drug war specifically to jail dissidents under a seemingly legitimate pretext

>Realize he didn't try to roll back the 65 Immigration Act

>Realize Nixon and Kissinger wrote our current relationship between Israel and Saudi Arabia in blood by engineering the Yom Kippur war, and in the aftermath allying the Sunni powers with Israel, using Israel as our tool in the region of spuroous trustworthiness in return for arms and funding , and we get a favorable oil position from the wicked Wahabi House of Saud for the time being, while we give them funds and arms.

In many ways we are still living in Nixon's world
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.