[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Jacksonian democracy a mistake? Does the "common man"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Jackson MAGA.jpg (62 KB, 427x582) Image search: [Google]
Jackson MAGA.jpg
62 KB, 427x582
Was Jacksonian democracy a mistake?

Does the "common man" deserve a vote?
What hath this wrought?
>>
File: course-of-empires-destruction.jpg (166 KB, 1143x702) Image search: [Google]
course-of-empires-destruction.jpg
166 KB, 1143x702
>>70077556
Yes it was, but it's unstoppable now. We're stuck on this ride until the collapse.
>>
>>70077882
Was it the single greatest mistake in American history?
Or would that be the 19th amendment?
Or John Wilkes Booth assassinating Lincoln?
Or allying with the Soviet Union and provoking the Nips in the lead-up to WWII?
Or creating the Federal Reserve?

What are some other big mistakes?
>>
>>70078194
I don't think so. I don't even think it was so bad until the moral and societal decay of the last half decade.

Biggest mistake imo was slavery. It left us with an inherently incompatible people. We should have maintained racial homogeneity. One day the repercussions of this will be truly ugly.
>>
>>70078595
We should have rounded them up and sent them back after slavery was over.
>>
>>70078595
That's why I included Lincoln's assassination. He never believed that whites and blacks would integrate and was a proponent of recolonization efforts in Africa--whether or not he would have actually done anything about it, we'll never know, but neither Andrew Johnson nor the Radical Republicans did any good.
>>
>>70078194

19th takes the cake
>>
>>70078929

>>70078962

That was Lincoln's plan until a retarded redneck shot him. Now we're stuck with the apes and look where that's gotten us.
>>
>>70078929
it's true. Lincoln wanted to, or at least he entertained the idea. It's far too late now.
>>
>>70078194
Also, I think it's interesting to point out that I've been doing research with my college's newspapers, and found out the paper's editorial board was anti-war and even pro-Germany, right up until Pearl Harbor.
>>
>>70078962
I don't think he took the idea very seriously. IIRC he thought it was ultimately unfeasible. Though I could be completely wrong about that it's been a while since I read about that.
>>
>>70078194
19th wins for biggest mistake
women have no interst in the nation-state
>>
>>70079260
He did only ever float the idea in public with skepticism, and never mentioned it after the Emancipation Proclamation. But it was something he considered, and who knows what early Reconstruction would have been like with Lincoln at the helm.
>>
>>70079381
I don't know. I could see it going either way with Lincoln post war. He was a remarkable man but very divisive. I don't think he would've been able to send the blacks back. They couldn't foresee the world we are living in now.
>>
>>70079134
>it's true. Lincoln wanted to, or at least he entertained the idea. It's far too late now.

it was too late back then, never mind now. 4.9 million blacks in the US by 1870. the undertaking, effort, shipping and cost would have been massive and made it impractical and unfeasible even for a fraction of that number
>>
>>70080094
...so kind of like deporting 11 million illegal aliens in current year? :^)

I have seen the light, now I am a Cruz missile.
>>
>>70080320
>I have seen the light, now I am a Cruz missile.
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/02/23/cruz-you-better-believe-ill-order-mass-deportations-of-illegal-immigrants-too/

cruz is an unloveable faggot
>>
>>70077556
Sending men off who war who have no say in the matter will lead to riots and destabilization, no matter which way you slice it.

If you want to limit the vote- fine. But you have to limit taxation and the draft to eligible voters as well.
>>
>>70080519
>What is sarcasm
>>
>>70080650
Was this a problem in the War of 1812? I genuinely don't know.
>>
>>70080320
>...so kind of like deporting 11 million illegal aliens in current year? :^)

exactly. when Trump, Cruz or whoever promises to deport 11 million illegals they are blowing smoke up your ass and they are taking people for gullible, outraged fools. it'll never happen, again the costs, insane lack of manpower to do this and no detention facility space make it all impossible. this isn't even taking into account that each illegal has the right to appear in front of an immigration judge to appeal which already takes on average 2 years.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.