[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, I'm a former protestant, and currently a recovering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 108520.b.jpg (49 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
108520.b.jpg
49 KB, 610x475
Hey /pol/,

I'm a former protestant, and currently a recovering fedora.

Recently, with all the things happening in Europe, and the jews, I've been trying to restore my faith, but I'm not sure how.

Also, since Protestanism was found in 1517, I've been looking into Roman Catholicism and Orthodoxy. What are the main beliefs and principles of these two denominations?
>>
File: 1458659084054.gif (2 MB, 220x190) Image search: [Google]
1458659084054.gif
2 MB, 220x190
>>70055940
easy. become mormon
>>
>>70056202
What the main beliefs of Mormons? Don't they believe Jesus was from space or something?
>>
>>70056718
nah they believe he came to america though. joking aside they are usually great people. my grandparents are mormon.

i cant really give you a serious answer because im in the same position. just bumping your thread.
>>
>>70056916
Oh okay, thanks for the bump.
>>
>>70055940
Google, you lazy 'Nuck
But srsly, if you're not ethnic Orthodox, go Catholic.
>>
>>70057763
Why is that?
>>
What kind of question is that? There is only one true church and Franciscus is its supreme pontif. Altough at times it seems to me we became too soft, we need to change.
>>
File: 1458925012533.png (577 KB, 626x570) Image search: [Google]
1458925012533.png
577 KB, 626x570
>>70055940
>What are the main beliefs and principles of these two denominations?
Wizardry if you're Orthodox.

Cuckoldry if you're Roman.
>>
What is this weird value people place on faith? It literally means you believe in something that isn't real. Stop already.
>>
>>70060675
"Das rite, boy! Give daddy da licka!" >smug
"Eeew!" *kiss* "You taste so good, my masta! Popey was a good boy, a good boy! Can I lick your asshole later?"
>>
>>70061521
top kek
>>
>>70055940
A lot of the differences between Catholicism and Orthodoxy are either differences in tradition, or differences in theology the average person usually doesn't think about.
>>
>>70055940
Well, to convert to orthodoxy you should take your fridge and give it to a priest, than you should spin around your axis 28 times to the left and 36 to the right, than stop, make two somersaults forwards, one backwards, then kneel, bark like a dog three times and crawl on your knees slowly to the priest, fondle his beard and say 'putin did nothing wrong'
>>
File: 1436982626666.jpg (186 KB, 720x1140) Image search: [Google]
1436982626666.jpg
186 KB, 720x1140
>>70055940
>former protestant

Faggot doesn't know what a protestant is supposed to be protesting.
Hey, faggot. Who is the antichrist?
>>
>>70060675
And btw I forgot, you have to present a document proving you've never kissed nigger feet. Because if you did, you are a Latin heretic
>>
>>70056718
They are Satanists with morals. Read what they say about themselves.
>>
>>70055940
Catholic:
+ Unified
+ Keeps sacred the Holy Tradition
+ The actual Church of Christ
+ You can get a 100% valid Eucharist
+ Apostolic
- Modernism is getting a strong foothold nowadays
- Modern popes can be confusing in what they do or say
- Biggest target of protestant heresies
Orthodox:
+ Keeps sacred the Holy Tradition
+ Very traditional minded
+ You can get a 100% valid Eucharist
+ says a big fugg you to modernism
+ Apostolic
- Not unified (except in dogma)
- Sometimes seen as an 'ethnic' church that doesn't look well on outsiders
- Schismatics but still part of the Church of Christ
- They hold councils once everytime the planets align 68 degrees from the moon (a.k.a. almost never)
Protestantism:
+ Free pass to heaven as long as you believe in Jesus Christ
+ You can pretty much believe what you want and you'll find a church/denomination that will support your views and take on the bible
+ Free biblical interpretation
+ You can choose to become a priest (around lv. 25 I think after the main quest Luther gives you)
- What is a 'union'?
- No Eucharist
- Gay priests and weddings (not all)
- Say fugg you to Tradition, and unknowingly substitute it with their own
- Lots of heresies
Coptics:
+ All the good points from orthodoxy
+ Still very close to catholicism
- Also schismatics (except for coptic catholics) but also still part of the Church of Christ
- The difference in dogmatic points between Coptics and catholics/orthodox are minor, complex and misunderstood since their schism
You're welcome.
>>
File: 1457977304035.png (335 KB, 580x960) Image search: [Google]
1457977304035.png
335 KB, 580x960
>>70063906
http://www.protestanterrors.com/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.