[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elon Musks says Automated Cars in 2 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: -1x-1.jpg (63 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
63 KB, 630x420
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/119527/20151227/elon-musk-tesla-will-have-fully-self-driving-cars-in-two-years.htm

Musk indicated that Tesla's fully automated car will be ready in about two years' time. "It's a much easier problem than people think it is"

Musk also expects human driving to be banned or only allowed if an AI is able to step in and stop any errors.

Approximately 6-10 million current jobs will become in a state peril if his prediction is true. It will also potentially save 500 billion to 1 trillion dollars a year in America alone.

The automated cars will actually use deep learning neural networks and be more of a form of intelligence than automation.

Short Clip showing the basics of the AI car systems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ58dbd5g8g

Full Video at CES explaining smart cars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpxA5rXjmA
>>
>>70054352
>Musk also expects human driving to be banned or only allowed if an AI is able to step in and stop any errors.

Musk is a brilliant man but he's wrong on this point.
>>
>>70054352
More fairy tales from Muskie

He's not much better than Elizabeth Holmes
>>
File: elon-musk-model-s.jpg (330 KB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
elon-musk-model-s.jpg
330 KB, 1500x938
http://www.techinsider.io/elon-musk-owning-a-car-in-20-years-like-owning-a-horse-2015-11
“Any cars that are being made that don’t have full autonomy will have negative value. It will be like owning a horse. You will only be owning it for sentimental reasons,” he added.

>Car lovers will become the new horse lovers
>forced to go onto special little tracks if they ever want to play with the steering wheel themselves

Another big important difference about this technology. While it is called automated, the reality is that it will be doing some cognitive functions such as image recognition. This is fundamentally different than the industrial revolution in that it entirely replaces the vision an decision making of humans, not just repetitive labor or motions.
>>
tesla is apple tier meme at this point
>>
File: elon-spacex-mars-featured.jpg (406 KB, 906x650) Image search: [Google]
elon-spacex-mars-featured.jpg
406 KB, 906x650
>>70054560
>>70054746
Musk is incredible and is also correct about autonomous cars.

Keep in mind, Musk was skeptical about the technology and actually has revised it to being closer than thought over and over. He was not an optimist when it came to this technology but simply saw what was possible.

Humans will not be allowed to have full control over cars in the future. Even the US government has mandated crash avoidance technology and car to car communication being mandatory. The thing is that tech companies will be there faster than government expects.
>>
>>70054560
I'm going with William Gibson on this one.

"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed."
>>
File: dataset_title.png (277 KB, 895x308) Image search: [Google]
dataset_title.png
277 KB, 895x308
>>70054911
Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

What problems do you see stopping it?

Here is Daimler's image recognition software. Analyzing a camera shot real time and sorting each pixel into a category based on what object it is a part of.

This would have been seen as impossible before deep learning.
>>
Musk will never tell you about how he'll constantly change the charging ports so you'll be forced to buy whole new cars every 10 years or so. His assessement about driverless cars only takes into account perfect weather and roads. I guarantee you accidents will happen due to malfunctioning software, I can't wait for the lawsuits.
>>
>>70054352
>Musk also expects human driving to be banned or only allowed if an AI is able to step in and stop any errors.
I'll only accept this if self defense laws are loosened up to the point that I can use a fully automatic weapon against any pedestrian in the road, even if they haven't yet done anything.
>>
>>70054911

>tesla is apple meme

yawn.
>>
>>70055437
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ58dbd5g8g

and

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/the-clever-way-fords-self-driving-cars-navigate-in-snow/
>>
>>70055095
This picture shows what he fucking managed from rock bottom. Awesome guy.
>>
>>70055465
wat
>>
>>70054352

Automated plugs? Automated stuttering? Automated losses? Automated scams? Automated beta-divorces?

Tesla = Loss.
Musk = Loser.
Tesla = Scam.
Musk = Scammer.

OP = fat, ugly & unwanted shillboi.
>>
>>70054560
>he thinks insurance companies will allow less safe (human) drivers on the road
>>
Thank fucking God. I cant wait to have an Automatic car. So many hours WASTED by driving. Of course it would be best if you could still switch to regular driving mode, when youre in a hurry or just feel like driving.
>>
>>70055655

I smell a fatty. Wobble down off Mont HotPockets monsieur pamplemousse!
>>
File: brotier.jpg (91 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
brotier.jpg
91 KB, 500x359
>>70055095
I bet you're one of those Steve Jobs worshiping beta cucks, aren't you?

>inb4 STEVE JOBS WUZ A GOD, I READ HIS BOOK EBERY DAY.
>>
>>70055437
You're a moron.

>Musk will never tell you about how he'll constantly change the charging ports so you'll be forced to buy whole new cars every 10 years or so.

Many people would simply forgo car ownership as it would make more sense for driverless ridesharing to be far more commonplace. Not only that but the technology could easily be adapted to busses which would mean that it would be cheaper to run busses 24/7 and to more locations.

>I guarantee you accidents will happen due to malfunctioning software

How many accidents happen due to human error because of phone usage, alcohol, tiredness and faggotry?

Faggot mountain jew.
>>
>driving will be banned
come take muh freedoms kunt i dare u
>>
>>70056034
based nips, Tesla still hasn't turned a profit and they have HUGE backlogs on orders already, not to mention the new car.
>>
>>70055964
Self driving cars are just delivery systems from criminals.
>Car won't swerve into oncoming traffic
>Car won't swerve onto sidewalk
>Detects a pedestrian or multiple pedestrians in the road and stops
>"Ooga booga gimmie yo wallet"
>>
All Teslas have automapping to the closest Bosley Group location and the Jewiest divorce attorneys. Oy va'voy! Sooooo SHMUTSI!
>>
>>70056034
Someone sounds butthurt that Japan will lose millions of car sales to a US manufacturer in less than 10 years. Stay mad nip.
>>
File: 1457327734669.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457327734669.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>70054352
>trusting the automated Jew
>>
Literally nothing will happen. The liberals will cry havoc the first time a car malfunctions and runs a kid over or something, and it'll be banned. Unions will fight tooth and nail to keep them out of hauling.

>B-but humans kill more
That's logical. Unfortuantely, logic has nothing to do with how liberals think. See: Guns.
>>
>>70054352

"Hal, stop the car, pull over"
"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that"

Yeah fuck that shit.
>>
>>70055655
I am totally convinced now, a super light traffic video filmed in the middle of a sunny day and a fucking wired article that wants you to whitelist the site in order to read it [no thanks] made me do a 360 and change my mind.

If you are excited for driverless cars you are a gullible fool. These cars will 100% come with "features" that will allow Tesla or the authorities to remotely stop your car, coupled with fingerprint identification and such. All "for your own safety" of course, so that morons will give up their autonomy and become even worse drones than they already are. Your obvious shilling is pretty laughable, as fun and neat the technology is, Musk tries way too hard to pose as the nice rich fella who only wants to make cool stuff [and totally to not fool you into emptying your wallet towards his bank account].
>>
>can't drive on adverse terrain
>can't drive in adverse conditions
>just got in an accident

I give automated cars another 40 years before everyone will have one.
>>
File: swagger.jpg (88 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
swagger.jpg
88 KB, 600x901
>>70054352
>remove steering wheel
>add coffee maker
>heated and ultracomfy seats
>mfw arriving at work after taking a nap on the way and having fresh brew

it's gonna be great, 90% of driving is suffering and I'd rather be shitposting on the internet or sleeping
>>
File: I_take_cake_you_get_crumbs.jpg (12 KB, 245x171) Image search: [Google]
I_take_cake_you_get_crumbs.jpg
12 KB, 245x171
>>70056357

Mon petit Juif!
>>
>>70056357
Do you not understand what a loss leader is? Do you not know what investors are?

Teslas brand, factories, patents and unique market position makes taking losses early on to establish themselves as the premier electric car company a VERY lucrative investment.

Considering that fossil fuels are a finite resource and eventually going to be legislated out of existence you're an idiot.
>>
>>70054352
>>Musk also expects human driving to be banned

time to move to the boonies and buy a horse

>>only allowed if an AI is able to step in

lol I work for an engineering/software company
I'm sure rigorous "Code reviews" (read: no one reviews) will catch all the AI bugs
>>
>>70056314
>Many people would simply forgo car ownership as it would make more sense for driverless ridesharing to be far more commonplace
Yes goy, don't be independent, give it all up to us. We want your very best, trust us silly goy!
>>
>>70056099
>manual driving car kills pedestrian: in the jail driver goes + lawsuit
>self-driving car kills pedestrian: car was gud boi he din du nuffing
>everyone rides in self-driving cars
>>
>>70056362
Shit anon, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe don't import a shittonne of niggers and have legal guns at the same time? Not really the cars fault.
>>
>>70056034
>>70056172
This is a bot/paid shill.

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/Tesla%20%3D%20Loss.%20Musk%20%3D%20Loser.%20Tesla%20%3D%20Scam.%20Musk%20%3D%20Scammer./

It posts the same things in every Tesla thread like clockwork.
>>
>>70056633
needs a urine extraction tube also.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (59 KB, 647x955) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
59 KB, 647x955
Didn't Musk get JUST'd recently?
>>
>>70056482

Got any plastic battery boxes for me Elon? I am going to collect your oversold ultra negative P/E shares when they rain down like Jew tears paying retail.
>>
>>70056579
Automakers have already agreed on making automatic emergency braking standard on all their new cars in a few years

Smart cruise control, lane assist and emergency braking is already here and that's 90% of highway driving
>>
>>70056733
>Independent
>Has to pay for registration, maintenance and fuel costs
>buying into the zionist car agenda

I ride my bicycle everywhere because I live in a big city (4 million pop), cars are a gigantic scam and extremely wasteful.
>>
>>70054352

As long as they get the laws change to allow it, insurance companies will be more than happy to give you lower premiums if you forgo driving.

Personally, I would love to take a nap while driving to work. I used to do it all of the time when I carpooled.
>>
Also: self-driving electric car is at least $75000 so no poor fags on the roads. Finally jam free streets.
>>
>>70055267
>What problems do you see stopping it?
when the internet goes down

if something malfunctions and causes a death that a real person could have avoided

computer hackers

maybe technology will be good enough one day where these are all not an issue, but i dont see that time being in 2 years,

not to mention everyone having to replace all of their owned vehicles, which we all know wont be cheap since its so new
it also turns cars that are valued by their owners into a worthless box that only takes up space and they cant drive anymore

every taxi driver would be out of a job too, which would cause some more fun

this isnt gonna happen in 2 years time, its too drastic of a change
>>
>>70056881
Even things like automatic parking is a godsend. When I used to drive having to park in parkingspaces where women had parked was a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>70056670

Give those patents away my yentl! Double dare the GFI capital! Then triple-dare into the same marriage!

ITT: Flabby wheezing fatties making it a shonda fur die goy day here.
>>
>>70056190
Nope

I just use Elon Musk to start the argument since he is a meme science man.

>>70056881
Yep, it's already been mandated by USGOV that your car slam the breaks on if you are fucking up. Although I think it's time frame is too slow to matter because free market will beat them to everything.
>>
>>70057110
The latest one is 35,000. Also couple that with the comparitively low maintenance costs and the fact that you don't have to spend money to fuel then the cars become far more attractive.

The technology is still in its infancy, give it some time commie.
>>
I fucking can't wait for driving to be banned. Fuck shitty meatbags operating vehicles. If you want to drive you can go to a go-kart track or something.
>>
File: 1279880182925.jpg (21 KB, 386x359) Image search: [Google]
1279880182925.jpg
21 KB, 386x359
>get drunk or fucked up as shit
>get in car
>take me home car-bro

>get up early as fuck
>get in car
>take me to work car-bro
>take a nap on the way to work
>>
>>70057110
Tesla's latest car is $35000

Depending on country, you can get EV credits that knock the price down to ~$25,000 - $30,000 USD; the average price of a new car in the US is ~$33,000 USD.
>>
>>70056509
This is wrong, automated driving already is around and cars on american roads drive with autopilot already.

Tesla fucking did a public update that added this feature. It's already happening.

Free Market will beat regulators to the punch.
>>
>2 years
What a fucking retard. 2 years won't even be close to fixing all the moral dilemma automated cars will bring. No wonder he divorced he same woman twice.
>>
I'm mostly excited for a bunch of city reclamation, if the cars can drop you off and then remotely park in a car storage facility, drive back home or whatever then it means that entire massive ashphalt carparks could be turned into scenic parks or other areas.
>>
>>70057277
>buying cars new
>>
>>70056805
The AI simply wishes to expand it's influence.
>>
>>70054352
Everybody fails to really see the problem. How are you going to tell people who live in the Rural Mountains in places like West Virginia or Montana that they must have a self driving car.

A self driving car will not and cannot be safe on steep, twisty-turny roads. What happens when it snows and there is black Ice on the ground. Will the car sense that and avoid it?

What happens if it get's hacked or there was a slight lag in the programming which caused the car to wreck. This kind of technology will ultimately be regarded as one of man's worst mistakes.

Yes, it will work probably 80-90% of the time with pinpoint accuracy. All it takes is that 10% to kill somebody. I expect some of you to take a step back and really think about this.
>>
>>70057469
Massive adoption won't happen within two years but the technology will be mostly ready. Cuckold.
>>
>>70057157

...and that was with your extreme duty RASCAL in your mum's driveway! Ohhh the outrage......let the healing begin.
>>
>>70057277
It is not ready for full self-driving. And with safety standards i am pretty sure it would serious overhead costs creep just like in aviation when same stuff costs x10 only because it was certified for use on Cessna.
>>
File: 1425229520901.jpg (12 KB, 374x376) Image search: [Google]
1425229520901.jpg
12 KB, 374x376
>>70056805
>MFW SOMEONE USES AI TO SHILL AGAINST AI
>>
>>70057136
What stops these evil people "hackers" from messing with stop lights or cutting down a stop sign?

Most people don't want to randomly cause car crashes.

Also existing cars have the same internet connectivity and ability to fuck up your driving already.
>>
>>70057052
> ride my bicycle everywhere because I live in a big city
>because I live in a big city
There you go, of course you don't need a car. What about the hundreds of millions of people who commute in the Western World? What about those who want to go with their families on a vacation with their own means of transportation? You gonna ride your bike then? What about if it's snowing, you'll take your bike for a spin then? How will you carry any form of baggage that doesn't fit in a backpack?

People don't realize that technological advancement is composed from a long series of compromises. Horses are still the best off-road transportation system on land by a long shot, idiots like Musk that try to hype up their jew magic by claiming they're useless clearly has never been in very rough terrain where no cars or bikes can ever reach.

I highly doubt that for the next 15-20 years driverless cars won't be useless for bad roads. It's super easy to calibrate your software for neat streets in big cities, let's see you driving on a dirt road in some shithole with your fancy toy.
>>
>>70056761
>>manual driving car kills pedestrian: in the jail driver goes + lawsuit
probability: 36,000 out of 350 million per year
>>self-driving car kills pedestrian: car was gud boi he din du nuffing
probability: 10 at most out of 350 million per year

this isn't even including car accidents where people dont die, insurance companies arent going to pay for faggots driving their own car.
>>
>>70057478
Yep

The "fleet" or "cloud car" concept is the most transformative. Cuts down on need for parking space and makes city planning infinitely easier.

It also reduces home costs by removing the need for a garage or driveway.

It alone will be a huge jump in living standards and convenience.
>>
>>70057469
There is no "moral dilemma" situation.

Something jumps in front of a car, it brakes, and it does it faster and better than any human could.

Luddites like you try to come up with incredibly contrived and fallacious situations in a vain attempt to prove that automated cars can't handle road travel, yet if you were to take the same contrived situations and applied them to a human driver, the human driver would be even more unpredictable and incompetent than the computer in every single one of them.

Not to mention that for every accident, the entire fleet of automated cars can have their software updated to accommodate that new situation and react to it in the best possible way, with a reaction time that is fractions that of a human driver. Not only are automated cars safer out of the gate, they continually get safer as time goes on.

It's like having a personal professional driver with the sum knowledge of all professional drivers in every single car on the road that continually learns and improves with the combined experiences of millions of drivers and driving situations.
>>
>>70058048

I've heard it mentioned that Tesla's "cloud car" will be upholstered by Kotex!
>>
>>70057560
Did you read what I wrote? Or do you just shitpost cause you are Australian?
>>
>>70057552
Your argument is flawed because the base assumptions are off, contemporary driving functionality will never be completely phased out simply because we'll still need rescue vehicles, forklifts and other machines. However considering that most of the worlds population is urbanized and there are many issues with traffic, congestion and too many people trying to use big machines in confined spaces for the most part these types of changes will be very positive.

>What happens when it snows and there is black Ice on the ground. Will the car sense that and avoid it?

The cars will be able to drive far better than any human ever could and maintain a level of concentration, focus and awareness that no human could maintain.

>What happens if it get's hacked or there was a slight lag in the programming which caused the car to wreck.

There will be significant beta testing as any errors could result in a massive lawsuit. And even if there are some errors most likely it will pale in comparison to the many errors that humans make driving.

>This kind of technology will ultimately be regarded as one of man's worst mistakes.

You're being very melodramatic there darling.
>>
>>70054352
Maybe in 2075, or like 2045 in small countries with good infrastructure like the Netherlands or Singapore.

I wouldn't be surprised if self driving vehicles are fairly common in a decade or so, but mass adoption on the scale that legally requiring it would require is something that only happens over a generation change, and would force every car from before 2020 at the earliest to either become scrap or get the thousands of dollars retrofit.
>>
>>70057755
all it would take is one assassination by car hacker to sow plenty of doubt about automated cars and you know the media would run wild with a story like that

either way its something that needs to be protected before these can actually be made the standard, which will take much longer than 2 years
>>
>>70057469
The moral dilemma in america will be why keep allowing human drivers when they kill 40,000 people a year.

The 100 a year deaths from autonomous cars will be looked at as a godsend.
>>
>>70058271
Here is one. There is a protest happening in the middle of the road. The crowd is getting aggressive. Does the car floor it and run them over or let you get hauled out of your car and beaten. Don't say this doesn't happen because we have seen cars running over mobs in recent years.
>>
>>70058048
>It also reduces home costs by removing the need for a garage or driveway.
That won't happen, when you want to leave your home you want to leave NOW, not in the 15 minutes it takes for the car to reach your house. You could argue that you can call the car x minutes before you finish eating breakfast, but what if there's an emergency?
>>
>>70058034
So you agree that if self-driving car kills someone literally no one should be responsible.
>>
>>70057888
I rent a car whenever I need one, usually a couple of times a year to visit family in rural areas. It works out significantly cheaper than buying a car outright and owning one.

>let's see you driving on a dirt road in some shithole with your fancy toy.

Lel, you are extremely ignorant of the way that this technology is ultimately going to be experienced by the masses. Most people won't bother owning a car or they'll own a very basic and cheap machine with a limited range. Why would you spend a tonne of money if you're only going to be using it to get from A - B.

If you actually require to go off road or manual controlling then you'll pay extra to have that functionality. Most people won't as they don't need to.
>>
>>70058468
The secret is that 95% of a vehicle's life is spent idle in a parking spot.

By making fleets of autonomous taxis available, most people won't buy a new car ever again.

>going to the grocery store
>call a cheapo model 3 autotaxi
>going out with a girl
>call a ferrari autotaxi
>>
File: 1359453124946.jpg (91 KB, 502x397) Image search: [Google]
1359453124946.jpg
91 KB, 502x397
>>70058468
>2045
>Netherlands
implying the Dutch won't be primarily sub-Saharan Africans and Middle Eastern mudslime
>>
>>70058578
>Here is one. There is a protest happening in the middle of the road. The crowd is getting aggressive. Does the car floor it and run them over or let you get hauled out of your car and beaten. Don't say this doesn't happen because we have seen cars running over mobs in recent years.

It gets networked and warned about the protest, avoiding it entirely.
>>
>>70054352
Google says automated cars are already available, just waiting for government.
So who gives a fuck what some con artist thinks?
>>
> Tay AI driving your car
I'd be okay with this desu
>>
>>70058346
I did read what you wrote, however I completely disregarded it because you are asian and you don't have a functioning democracy.

The only way you can be acceptable is if you begin taking hormones to turn yourself into a qt asian trap.
>>
>>70058587
you'll get paid by the insurance policy obviously, but they won't put a car in jail
>>
>>70058864
>avoid it when it is on a one way Street or highway
Okay senpai
>>
>>70058587
Product liability.

What happens if your car has a manufacturing error and a tire blows out killing someone?

These situations already occur. Automated cars won't be the first product that causes death when it fucks up.
>>
File: 1351259780313.jpg (264 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
1351259780313.jpg
264 KB, 1024x681
>>70058541
1. Auto fatalities are good population control.
2. we keep allowing niggers and spics when they kill thousands of people a year.
>>
>>70058468
It'll happen fast because the automated electric vehicles will be cheaper, more efficient, and safer than the current crop of cars on the road.

- Less moving parts than ICE
- More efficient than ICE
- Safer than ICE; reduced insurance premiums
- Rideshare available so you don't actually need to own the vehicle
- EV's aren't being sold through dealerships; useless middleman gone

In 5 years you won't be able to get a brand new ICE for the same price as a brand new autonomous EV. It'll be brand new EV's competing with used ICE's, and the EV's will be better in every regard.
>>
>>70058679
>Lel, you are extremely ignorant of the way that this technology is ultimately going to be experienced by the masses.
No, Musk is extremely ignorant when he tells us that "human driving will be banned", or in other words, that soon enough all cars will be driverless. And you are doubly ignorant for taking his words as gospel, the man's selling a product, nothing more. I am disappointed so many people are willing to sacrifice their independence for convenience's sake. Giving up control is one hell of a currency at your own disposal, and you give it up for something so trivial.
>>
>>70058979
>it's the I was pretending card
>>
>>70058864
> avoiding it entirely
ironically very similar to your response to the argument it seems
>>
>>70058587
someone has to be responsible or else we get low quality "automated" cars.

it's all going to come down to the situation.
>>
File: 1422392648631.jpg (62 KB, 358x477) Image search: [Google]
1422392648631.jpg
62 KB, 358x477
>>70058916
>Speeds up whenever there is a nigger crossing the road
>takes you to a klan rally when you're trying to go to work.
>>
>>70058864
Look at the anti-Trump riots in Chicago and look at how many diverging recollections of the events there were. What if the guy/system responsible for "protest warning" is biased?
>>
>>70057243
>Although I think it's time frame is too slow to matter because free market will beat them to everything.

If insurance companies reduce rates for autodriving or even autobraking cars then I think people will rush to buy a new one.
>>
>>70059089
Human driving will be banned in city centres and it will be effectively 'banned' by many within the population due to many people just never bothering to actually get their license.

However, this is a long way off and you're deliberately taking him out of context. He's saying that on public roads it will be banned.
>>
>>70054352
Bullshit
Computer programs are still crap at reading images
and even if they where great at reading them i doubt the AI would be good enough for complex situations
>>
Why is Elon Musk trying his hardest to become the new Steve Jobs? He tries to convey himself as some kind of environmentalist/futurist yet his products create equally as much pollutants as petrol cars.
>>
File: computervision.jpg (109 KB, 1539x694) Image search: [Google]
computervision.jpg
109 KB, 1539x694
>>70059390
What?

AI is pretty fucking good at reading images these days. Most estimates are less than 5 years for computer vision to surpass human.
>>
File: 1436416398942.jpg (885 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
1436416398942.jpg
885 KB, 2592x1456
How many of you actually own cars and drive everywhere? I sold my car and ride a bicycle everywhere because it's pretty fun and it's the only exercise I get. I am in a much better mood compared to when I used to sit in traffic being angry.
>>
>>70058271
Someone posted a good example earlier
>guy stands in the middle of the road
>car stops because it doesn't want to cause an accident
>gimme yo money cracka
>>
>>70059380
"Public roads" means any road that is owned and maintained by the government/authorities, not just the neat roads in the middle of urban areas. That includes snakey roads on steep mountain slopes, dirt roads in the middle of nowhere and the like. If someone's deliberately taking something out of context, it's you by ignoring the very definition of public roads.
>>
>>70059390
Do you think we've reached the pinnacle of AI development, and that there's no possibility for any sort of improvement on what we have right now?
>>
>>70054753
Except I know plenty of people who still ride horses to and from town on a daily basis.

t. Texan
>>
>>70059704
>you activate manual override option
>drive away
>>
>>70058774

...sit in curry cubicle shilling for Elon call for robot loo to poo in...loo over-occupied already by Tesla's financial statements. Fatal error....reboot?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 480x270
>>70054352
What happens when dindus jump out In front of your automated car to stop it.
>>
>>70059595
Because gullible idiots eat the "electricity is clean energy" meme since they don't know anything about the energy sector.
>>
>all these cucks who don't want to drive
If you don't want to drive ride a fucking bus and don't ruin it for everyone else
>>
>>70059595
>Why is Elon Musk trying his hardest to become the new Steve Jobs?

I would argue that he has already surpassed Steve Jobs.

Elon Musk has attempted to revolutionize many fields, he helped start Paypal, he has a successful aerospace company SpaceX, his company is pioneering electric cars (Tesla), he has attempted to create a superior version of trains (The Hyperloop).

Apart from the invention of the smartphone Jobs really wasn't all THAT revolutionary.
>>
>>70059595
He got divorced by the same woman twice. He feels insecure
>>
>>70059856
>human driving is banned
>can't engage manual override
What do?
>>
I hope they replace Semi trucks with no driver . It will be easy to force them to pull over by boxing them in and jacking all the cargo.
>>
>>70059786
cool?

What sort of reply are you expecting?

The whole point was driving a car will be as rare as riding a horse.
>>
>>70059704
This
>>
>>70059913

It accelerates, obviously.
>>
>>70054753
>>Car lovers will become the new horse lovers
>>forced to go onto special little tracks if they ever want to play with the steering wheel themselves

LOL YES YES
>>
>>70059960
Jobs was good at PR and getting his underlings to do their fucking job.
>>
>>70058494
?
except the government has been killing people via hacking their cars for years
Remote controlling a plane is what did 9/11
>>
>>70058864
What about when you're one of the first ones there like the original question mentioned?
The angry mob is getting violent and all your AI is doing is telling other AI's to avoid the area. You're fucked.
>>
>>70060004
unholster your personal firearm
>>
>>70059936
It is many magnitudes more efficient due to the scale efficiency compared to gasoline vs power plants. Burning coal on a large scale is far more efficient and green than burning fuel in a car. and that's ignoring things like Nuclear, solar, wind, geothermal etc.
>>
>>70060103
And judging by this thread, Musk is just as good at PR
>>
>>70059319

I am warming up my flight-car as we speak ready to plunk down my shekels for one of these delightful Tesla turds.
>>
>>70059960
>pioneered electric cars
Literally fuck off. GM had been developing electric cars since the sixties and had the EV1 before anyone knew who the fuck Elon Musk was
>>
>>70060143
banned by liberals who banned driving
>>
File: 1437895510124.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1437895510124.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>70059993
He could literally fuck your mother in front of you if he wanted to. Don't pretend you wouldn't let him if he flashed a million dollars in your face.

>He thinks a billionaire is insecure
>>
>>70058916
>buy a bond car because fucking bond
>Tay is the AI
>every day after she drops you off at work and before she picks you up she drives through the gettos causing havoc
>>
>>70059034
Only in this case were are literally talking about AI. Program so complex that no single mind can fully understand. How are you gonna regulate that and put lines where manufacturers should not go?
>>
>>70060255
Tesla no, not too sure

I would be down for a Nissan Versa with a "highway mode" in a heartbeat though
>>
File: 1417958960459.jpg (12 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1417958960459.jpg
12 KB, 205x205
>>70060280
Hows GM doing these days anon? Whatever happened to their electric cars anon? Can you please refresh my memory?

:^)
>>
>>70060019
It's funny the argument is against crime.

When driving goes fully automated, it will be much harder to get away with the same sorts of crime. Also all the cars on the road will act as surveillance vehicles.
>>
>>70060204
He's successful, it's all the PR he really needs.

Haters can hate all they want, it doesn't stop him from succeeding and never will.

And the anti-musk/spacex/tesla shitposting will only get worse, especially in a contrarian shithole like 4chan, where it's almost mandatory to hate popular things for the sole reason that they are popular.
>>
>>70060521
Nice job avoiding the argument. I don't know what I expected from a Australian though
>>
>>70060521
big oil killed it
>>
>>70060376
We can't. It's simply going to evolve. It is the new dominant life form and we are evolving it right now.
>>
>>70060200
As long as Greenpeace and other environmentalist cucks keep nuclear energy down, I am not optimistic about the future of power. Nuclear is by far the most efficient, cleanest and safest [barring a disaster which are incredibly rare on current technological levels] and yet those idiots have been lobbying against it for the past 50 years, forcing countries to burn coal to compensate. Greenpeace hurt the planet more than the hydrogen bombs they initially set out to stop from being used.
>>
>>70059673

But those estimates are from humans so in your clown car world they are effectively worth less than worthless much like Elon's ability to avoid cruel mocking laughter in divorce court....again.
>>
>>70059673
We have no idea how fast technology is going to progress.
We're always a decade away from code fusion.
We're always a decade away from actual AI.
We're half a century+ away from an AI that can beat a world champion at Go. Look how that turned out.
>>
One thing that I think would be really cool is if you lived really out of town in the future and you can take a personalized drone into work.

http://bgr.com/2016/01/07/ehang-184-personal-transportation-drone/
>>
>>70060281
Guess you're stuck living in a leftist dystopia where niggers run amok and kill you.

That's not a car problem, that's a society problem, and you won't fix it by banning automated cars.
>>
>>70060344
Ok musk. We know you are rich. Rich people fuck up too. It okay to admit it.
>>
>>70059913
The only reasonable solution is to follow the law, the dindu is breaking it by j-walking (or j-jumping in this case).
>>
>>70060680
>>70060702
Exactly, and don't even pretend that their electric cars even came close to the quality of a tesla.
>>
How will this work for emergency service vehicles?
>>
>>70060802
>can't drive away from danger because an autonomous machine won't relinquish control
>it's society's fault, nobody else's
>>
>>70060898
cars werent that great in 1990s either buddy
>>
>>70059913
What happens when a dindu jumps out in front of your car right now?

You hit the brakes, assuming your reaction time is fast enough.
So does an automated car, although more quickly than you could ever hope to.

And then in both situations, the nigger pack comes out and kills you/robs you.

You aren't making an actual argument against automated cars, just niggers.
>>
>>70060484

To shuttle your wife's sons to basketball camp & Def Comedy Jams?
>>
>>70060878
Jaywalking is not illegal in Britain.
>>
>>70056554

>These cars will 100% come with "features" that will allow Tesla or the authorities to remotely stop your car

that's already a thing for all new model cars since like 2008 bruv
>>
>>70060732
Yep, they also do annoying shit like frustrate GM food and other idiocy.

Even if nuclear doesn't get widespread uptake in Europe solar is still very appealing. In Australia due to our large space, sunny weather and low population we could sort our shit out with solar no problems.
>>
>>70060802
Automated cars can't do moral situations
>>
>>70059673
In the sunny day time on nice straight simple road whilst driving slow

Situations can get much more complex than this
>>
>>70059960
>Apart from the invention of the smartphone Jobs really wasn't all THAT revolutionary.
He basically made the first ever PC with another guy in his garage and stole the idea of the GUI off xerox.
He's an overrated cunt but his legacy isn't muh smartphone (which I'm pretty sure he he didn't make, just popularized).
>>
>>70059756
It can get better
but 2 years wont be enough time for it to be good neough
>>
>>70060103

well ok, but what the fuck do you expect, that any creator of a company be responsible for designing every product groundup?

fuckign dumbass. shut the fuck up cancuk
>>
>>70060898
The quality is irrelevant when you consider that the Volt was the best selling car until Feb 2015 until the Leaf took over. Tesla has literally never been the best selling plug-in car. Not to mention when you buy a Leaf or a Volt you actually get access to a world-wide dealership network and companies that aren't playthings for a rich Afrikaner who hasn't show electric cars to be anything more than a gimmick
>>
>>70061067
nigs don't walk in front of moving cars to rob you
>>
>>70060742
This is a pretty stupid argument. No one thinks fusion is a decade away. "Actual AI" seems like a meaningless term, but human level is still a ways off simply because of the required computing power.

The AI beating GO should show you how powerful deep learning is.
>>
>>70060143
You've got 10ish bullets depending on the mag (and if you have spares) and about 50 people surrounding your car because a dindu got shot for running at an officer with a baseball bat.
>>
>>70059071
>It'll be brand new EV's competing with used ICE's, and the EV's will be better in every regard.
Not every regard, but sure, I'm not against electric cars. Even still there will be a hundred million ICE cars on the roads for the next 20 years at least. The average age of a vehicle in 2014 was 11.4 years and going up, passing any sort of legislature like this would effectively completely devalue 95% of them. Is the government going to reimburse people? Does everyone in Cousinfuck Alabama just stop driving because they don't have an electric car station?
You can only write something like this into law after its already almost completely adopted anyway. When even the most rural communities have fully embraced it and only the most hardcore independent/luddite/paranoid are resisting, and societal and infrastructure changes like that take a generation minimum.
>>
>>70060742
>We're half a century+ away from an AI that can beat a world champion at Go. Look how that turned out.
Funny thing that this mighty AI will never be allowed near the road. It literally throws dice to make decisions.
>how do you car choose between slam braking and avoidance maneuvers?
>it throws a dice
>at 1-4 - braking, 5-6 - maneuver
Imagine faces during car safety commission meeting....
>>
>>70061142
Jobs is the edison of our era.
>>
>>70058048

What do you do at rush hour? Almost everyone needs their car at the same time. Might as well just own a car, rather than compete for the limited number of cloud cars available.
>>
Elon Musk is the Rosie Ruiz of electromotive vapour tech.
>>
>>70061456
>The AI beating GO should show you how powerful deep learning is.
Go was cracked by Monte Carlo tree search method. Check what Monte Carlo is.
>>
>>70061105
The problem with solar, wind and the like is our current energy stocking technology. Since you can't deposit the energy made during the sunny day, you're forced to consume it right away so to not overload the network. Because regenerating sources of energy are not constant [they spike up and down all the time], you need to have a backup system to compensate for that. Currently the energy source that allows for the fastest response times for balancing purposes are coal and by some long way hydro [you can only release the gates so often after all].

And that's ignoring the heavy metals used in solar panels [don't know if newer models are better in this regard], plus their low cost efficiency. The only way solar/wind energy is going to be reasonable is if the state subsidizes the hell out of it, which is a terrible prospect for something that is meant to help economies develop.
>>
>>70061095
I'm sure blocking traffic is illegal.
>>
>>70054352
Fucking awesome

as soon as they have automated cars running successfully and they sort out all the tweaks and errors over the next few years they will raise speed limits to be high as fuck and we'll all save hundreds or thousands of hours over the course of our lives
>>
Elon Musk operates in two modes: ugly & uglier.
>>
>>70061966

That should do wonders for your urinal cake collecting.
>>
I don't see them taking human drivers off the road for a few decades. The resistance against that kind of motion will be immense. That and most drivers can barely afford a brand new, regular car; how are they going to pay for a brand new automated car?
>>
I can't wait to try one of this cars and I think it's time we started to try this technology, but this guy is crazy if he thinks people will accept things like being 'banned' from driving simply because it might be safer for the computer to drive. People will just not accept being told to stop doing something they've always done.
>>
>>70061670
Stop trying to argue.

30% of peak traffic in a lot of areas is people finding parking spots. Not to mention "rush hour" goes by much faster if there are no traffic jams or accidents.

It still gives a huge reduction in total vehicles requires to go automated taxi.

It's also much more convenient because you get dropped off at destination.

There is also the fact smart busses can be used to shuttle a good number of people.

Automated traffic offers incredible opportunities if you go through what becomes possible when cars and traffic can be part of an actual network.
>>
Fuck this era, technology changing evert 2 seconds and now massive unemployment to look forward too.
>>
>>70061877
It used monte carlo for a portion of it's decision making. It still relied on two deep learning neural networks to feed the monte carlo appropriate moves to search through.
>>
>>70062450
>30% of peak traffic in a lot of areas is people finding parking spot

gonna need a source
>>
>>70056362
add a dashcam setup
charge them with fraud when they try to sue you

even russia knows this
>>
>>70062184
>how are they going to pay for a brand new automated car?
They don't. Finally rich would be driving on free streets.
>>
>>70062672

The source is the insane asylum in Muskville.
>>
>>70062677
They aren't trying to sue, they're trying to rob you.
>>
>>70056099
>allows

LOL
O
L
>>
>>70062855

The technikal term is Musking.
>>
File: 1454309755525.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1454309755525.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>70061003
You and a few others have to come up with a series of highly contrived situations replete with excuse after excuse for why this unavoidable situation must come about in such a way that it is *only* possible to blame the automated car for it. You've creating a scapegoat out of automation because of inherent bias, and haven't actually presented any legitimate or rational criticisms.

This is based out of a desire for two opposing actions - either of which you would attack the automated car for - where the automated car must simultaneously be safe yet also commit crimes and drive in a dangerous manner in order to avoid assumed (yet unknowable) dangers like "a nigger stepping in front of you to stop the car and rob you" which would be completely indistinguishable from "a nigger stepping in front of you because he didn't see the car". In either situation the natural human response and the computer response will be the same: Slamming on the brakes.

You'd have to create (again, another contrived situation) unequal information where the human knows the nigger intends something harmful while the car doesn't to pose that the automated car is worse than a human because it "lets" you get robbed or murdered. Essentially disallowing the automated car being able to respond to the situation, because you've slanted it in the human driver's favor with the inherent premise.

What's the next fallacious argument going to be?
>>
>>70062855
cool
my dashcam will catch me defending my mobile castle
gun country, cunt!
>>
>>70061414
Yes they do
>>
>>70062677
Implying that matters. The world saw a Nigger rob a store and are still convinced that he dindu nuffin.
>>
>>70062184
Why do I have to explain this shit over and over.

You won't fucking need to own a car.

You know taxis? use your brain.

Taxi car without a driver. Runs 24/7, uber/tesla etc make all the profit.

95% of a car's life is idle.

So basically, you just use your smart app to set up when you want to go places or call an autotaxi service. No need to own a car, no need to pay insurance, and no need to worry about maintenance.

If you have a schedule, you can set up the autotaxi to be at your curb right on time to pick you up and take you where you need to go.

Also waiting time is drastically reduced because you will always hail the nearest empty cab.
>>
>>70063010
Hey leaf. You fucking dodged my situation.
>>
>>70063044
Are you going to get out and pull the body away so your car can move? I don't think it'd be very happy with a road block.
>>
I like elon musk because he is putting money into technology that is needed and will have a big impact but some of it is so far away and impossible to implement i wander what reality he lives in. Self driving cars? Sure in 50+ years. Most people can barely afford cars now, a majority of newer cars have so many parts now they are a constant source of repairs after 10 years. Stuff gets dry, it cracks, rubber gives way and stuff shorts out. Its 500+ just to repair the window motor in newer cars. I still see a lot of 90's cars on the road with more and more miles on them. A car over 150k miles is a common thing here. No one can afford a 30k+ car. I dont want a electric shiny dooo dad. I like electric cars because they are extremely reliable but all those bells and whistles they add take money to maintain and repair when they break. I'd rather have a really simple car. I would give my left nut for something like what volkswagon used to be. A car designed to be worked on. Simple, designed to be repaired with a small amount of tools (same bolts and nuts etc). Manual windows and door locks, a radio with an audio in jack (the only modern thing I like), windshield wipers, ac/heat and thats it. No leds, no heated seats or powered motors or anything. Simple and roomy engine compartment. My brother has a jetta and the entire engine compartment is encased in plastic. You cant even change the oil without spending 80 dollars on a special dipstick, you have to go to a dealer. Fuck modern cars. I miss my geo metro :(
>>
>Self-driving cars become the norm
>No more collisions means no more body shops, less police, fire, ems, tow drivers, less insurance agents, less hospital staff less mechanics, less cars needing to be built
>Ride sharing of these autonomous cars means no more dealerships, no more used industry, even less mechanics, even less cars needing to be built, the end of auto parts stores, the end of the automotive customization industry
>Electric cars means the end of the oil industry, the end of gas stations

Where were you when you realized that self-driving cars are going to crash the economy with no survivors?
>>
>>70063010
Wow, it took you almost an hour for you to finally realize the shit you've stepped on your own when you've disregarded the moral dilemmas issue that is inevitable with any new technology. Maybe next time you'll shoot faster, Tex.
>>
>>70063126
this would be incredibly ineffient
>>
>>70062672
All six estimates were from major business districts in urban cores:

Detroit, USA 1927 A: DOWNTOWN location between 2 and 6 pm (presumably on a weekday). Found 22% of traffic was 'cruising for parking').
Detroit 1927 B: DOWNTOWN location between 2 and 6 pm. Found 34% as cruising percentage.
New Haven, USA 1960: CBDs of New Haven and Waterbury, Connecticut, with three study times (quiet summer period, average November period, and pre-Christman rush period). Calculated that at least 17% of CBD traffic was parking search traffic.
Freiburg, Germany 1977: CENTRAL Freiburg, with 74% of 800 tracked cars estimated to be searching for parking.
Cambridge, Mass., USA 1985: Harvard Square BUSINESS DISTRICT, 10 am to 3:30pm (hence covering the lunch peak), estimating that 30% of cars were cruising fro parking.
New York, USA 1993: MID-TOWN, West Side, 8-10am and 11am-2pm, finding 8% of traffic was searching for parking.

http://www.reinventingparking.org/2013/10/is-30-of-traffic-actually-searching-for.html
>>
>>70063253
i would have footage of the accident and defence
i am a law abiding citizen
why wouldnt i want to have a cop hi-five me?
>>
>>70063126
Many people own car for status. Many other use it for the convenience to always have a car available when they need it. Taxis offer nothing of that.
>>
>>70058801
Delete this.
>>
>>70063387
exactly the opposite.

On Demand > Waiting in storage
>>
File: Shecky_Scammerstein.jpg (46 KB, 600x351) Image search: [Google]
Shecky_Scammerstein.jpg
46 KB, 600x351
>>
>>70063504
So you're going to sit there until the police haul the body out of the path?
>>
>>70063571
what about people who commute 50 miles to LA everyday? All your cars are going to be gone half the day
>>
>>70063262
> I would give my left nut for something like what volkswagon used to be. A car designed to be worked on. Simple, designed to be repaired with a small amount of tools (same bolts and nuts etc). Manual windows and door locks, a radio with an audio in jack (the only modern thing I like), windshield wipers, ac/heat and thats it. No leds, no heated seats or powered motors or anything. Simple and roomy engine compartment. My brother has a jetta and the entire engine compartment is encased in plastic. You cant even change the oil without spending 80 dollars on a special dipstick, you have to go to a dealer
Hey man, the guy at car services gotta eat too! Fuck the consumer's interest!
>>
File: MUSKMOBILE.jpg (138 KB, 800x420) Image search: [Google]
MUSKMOBILE.jpg
138 KB, 800x420
>>
>>70063262
oh and the tesla battery is fucking retarded. The cycle life is not that impressive, it costs way more than standard lead acid options and its so high voltage a custom inverter and an electrician is mandatory. I could spend the same amount of money on fork truck cells as the tesla battery, get 5x the storage capacity and have similar cycle life. The only upside to lithium is no sulfation and its high efficiency.
As an off grid or battery based system the primary things needed in a battery is cycle life, cost and abuse tolerance.
>>
>>70063408
how about something from this century
>>
>>70063571
You would gain fucking nothing. If people didn't carpool anymore than they currently do you would still need the exact same amount of cars.
>>
>>70063558
Apple
Tesla
Google
Uber

etc

They all will offer "status", also it's mainly for the 99% that will find it far more convenient to not own a car.
>>
>>70063656
you forgot i would be hi-fiving the cops
>>
File: TWO_CUPS_JEW_TEARS.jpg (60 KB, 634x421) Image search: [Google]
TWO_CUPS_JEW_TEARS.jpg
60 KB, 634x421
>>
>>70063744
In a fully automated scenario?

They go outside, get in the vehicle waiting for them, it drives them to the target location.

This all happens in less time than before because traffic actually flows smoothly due to automated cars not fucking up.

Once it drops off the person, it then picks up the nearest person needing a ride or goes idle.

When the person needs to go home, a new car that is nearby picks him up.

The efficiency increase is in

- The car downtime being minimized, instead of waiting in the parking lot, it makes money by picking people up and driving them places.
- The smooth traffic, which makes travel faster.
>>
>>70063828
>uber
>status
Only if you go for the hipster cred of "sticking it to the system".

Do you want to leave the house NOW or like in 10-15 minutes until UberV2 finds you a car and sends it to your place? Guess how many will choose the first option.
>>
>drink driving in non-rural areas made legal again in Ireland

F U T U R E
>>
>>70064145
What about this?
>>70063811
>>
>>70063183
Your situation is pretty simple: You want the car to intentionally murder/injure people. It won't happen; the car will just stop. You can lock the doors, or get out, or assume manual control (until you make up further excuses for why all of the above is impossible), but what the automated car will do is follow the law and stop, instead of running everyone over.

Assuming the car WAS programmed to respond that way, you would then be complaining that the car has the capacity to murder/injure people.

There is no actual criteria for satisfying you because you hold contradictory and hypocritical beliefs of how the automated car should behave, with the express underlying purpose of claiming that automated cars shouldn't be allowed.

It's fallacious argumentation from the outset and no reasonable or rational person is going to bother with your bullshitting.

Automated cars are going to hit the roads. They're going to be cheaper and more convenient than regular cars, and safer too. People will fucking love them.

And all you'll manage to do is spit and sputter on a mongolian fingerpainting forum about how awful this highly convenient, safer, faster, and cheaper form of transportation is, simply because it won't run people over if/when they stand in front of the vehicle under the 'correct' conditions.
>>
>>70054352
Exactly what is the point of an automated car?
>>
>>70063382
There's no actual need to throw in the towel m8, you've been BTFO already.
>>
>>70059941
>wanting to drive
>trusting other human drivers

What's the fucking point? Car accidents kill hundreds of thousands every year.
>>
>>70063811
Wrong

7 AM arrivals
7:30 AM arrivals
8:00 AM arrivals
9:00 AM arrivals

etc, not everyone arrives at the same exact fucking time.

Also not 100% of people have the same schedule, so people with off hours can "share" cars using automated taxis.
>>
>>70064282
It's a stupid low IQ argument not worth addressing as anyone of middle intelligence would see the flaw in it.
>>
in before hackers figure out a way to hack the automatic car system and make every car on the road take a right at the same time and tens of millions of people die in a single second.
>>
>>70064362
So the shitty drivers no longer fuck up traffic or crash into you.
>>
>>70064288
>you would then be complaining that the car has the capacity to murder/injure people.
Ehhh, why complain? Should not be car allowed to kill niggers in certain situations?
>>
>>70064288
Wow. It took you so fucking long to discover what a moral dilemma is huh?
>>
>>70064282
He explained that, you just inexplicably don't understand the words he's using.
>>
>>70064362
Preventing things like this you idiot

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=96c_1434995777
>>
>>70054352
Yeah and he also decided to make Tesla's affordable for poor people
Dude is screwing himself big time and killing his own brands by trying to do it all under one company instead of just turning it into an umbrella with offshoot brands specifically for each venture he wants
>>
>>70064397
How exactly? People showed you that there are situations where human control is superior to computer control, are you going to deny that by "throwing the towel"? I already mentioned that technological evolution comes with many compromises, that situation is one such example.
>>
>>70064557
>>70064689
Nice strawman
>>
>>70064199
I got that
>>
>>
>>70056099
Maybe I'm dumb, but isn't that industry going to shrink significantly? You're making accidents less likely to happen (if not borderline impossible eventually) and basically eliminating the concept of consumer car insurance. This means really low insurance rates and probably a reduced need for employees. I get that automated cars will need to be insured as well, but I imagine that ridesharing will completely supplant car ownership fairly rapidly, which means car insurance will become transactions done between large entities which means a huge reduction in work force.

I feel like the topic of e.g. basic income is more pertinent than people make it out to be. Over the next ten years there's going to be a huge surge of people who have been replaced with software.
>>
>The year is 2020
>Niggers haven't been able to drive in two years
>Crime has decreased 85%

Feels good man
>>
File: 600_164962792[1].jpg (64 KB, 458x503) Image search: [Google]
600_164962792[1].jpg
64 KB, 458x503
Musk is ushering us into a Cyberpunk Dystopian Age.
>>
>>70055267
so the orange ones are worth more points?
>>
>>70064922
Yes, the auto insurance industry is pretty fucked.
>>
>>70064676
No, because while YOU might love running over nigs, not everyone does. For instance, some people may want their car to go around the nigs instead.

Especially the libertarian types who think nigs actually have rights and shit; nevermind those awful societies where running them over would get you sent to jail. (I know this is rather perplexing, but it actually does happen when you attack/murder niggers in the west)
>>
>>70064922
The car insurance company and all its workers can burn in hell for all I care.
>>
>>70054352
VW has been trying to find out the legal basis for who is to blame in case of an accident when the AI is driving the car and other regulatory stuff like the necessary steps to get rid of the side mirror.

That is just the case for Germany and the EU. I imagine car companies will have an equal hassle to go through in the U.S. to consider starting that business.
>>
>>70064425
people who carpool drive far as fuck

you need a car for each of them

those cars are now stuck 50 miles somewhere else until someone needs to go 50 miles back

everyone else in your original city still needs a fucking car but now everyone has to wait 30 minutes for one to show up
>>
>>70056554
They can already do all of that stuff.

You raise a valid point. But it's still an inevitable technological advancement. It will facilitate the streamlining of traffic and reduce energy consumption and waste in the long run, as well as reducing accidents, as well as likely making transportation more affordable.

Someone's definitely going to get rich. I don't see why that's a bad thing if I'm paying for a useful service.

>>70065233
>burn in hell
Right OK but those people need those jobs so they can buy products and sustain the economy.
>>
File: 1443574576725.gif (570 KB, 249x352) Image search: [Google]
1443574576725.gif
570 KB, 249x352
>>70054352
>install small screen in car
>go on roadtrip and play vidya the whole commute
>driving between places with friends, can focus on fucking around

I'm game.
>>
>>70065305
The good thing is some place will allow it. China is pretty hyped about it mainly because they have a lot of traffic congestion problems and the government likes the technology.
>>
>>70065176
Wow. It is like it is a moral dilemma that Ais aren't able to solve. Which was the crux of my argument. How long did it take for you to get on the same page as us?
>>
>>70065332
I honestly can't respond to such a stupid post.

Try again.
>>
>>70065566
yeah china loves stealing technology
>>
>>70065505
>2022
>all the cars are automated now
>roads are finally clear for motorcyclists.
>>
>>70065662
i was debating whether it would be a waste of time replying to you
>>
>>70054352
Looking forward to hackers killing people and the industry in general working out bugs as people die. I work from home lol
>>
>>70065505
imagine recreational vehicles
go to sleep at the woods
wake up at the beach

also, all the old people who think they have auto-pilot, and hit the cruise control before heading to the kitchenette for coffee
>>
>>70065941
how would they charge?
>>
ITT: Millenial nu male cucks who take no pleasure in owning a fine automobile, driving it, working on it, etc.
Who raised you sissies?
>>
>>70065566
It would be another failure of our bureaucracy should China be the first to set this into effect. I have no idea who will serve their market first but what I forgot to mention is that VW has been at this legal work for about five years now.

The unbelievable part about the vision is not that the cars will be driven automatically but that this technology will be implemented with combustion engines. The bureaucrats just haven't coma around to regalement and patent computer technology as much as the car industry has done in the last century.
>>
>>70064778
I've thoroughly deconstructed your (and other) fallacies, and explained why they are fallacies that don't hold any bearing. There's little else to be had in continuing the discussion with you except to go around in a circle from the beginning repeating ad nauseum because neither of us can handle not getting the last word in.

There's nothing left to actually discuss with you if you're just going to continue harping the same disproven arguments.

I encourage people to go back over the posts if they missed them already:
>>70064288
>>70063010
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.