[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>explain being pro-life to a liberal friend >lose a friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 1458864174996.gif (737 KB, 423x357) Image search: [Google]
1458864174996.gif
737 KB, 423x357
>explain being pro-life to a liberal friend
>lose a friend

thanks /pol/
>>
Your friend was a degenerate
>>
Kek
Most of my friends are left-wing, I voice my opinion to them without any qualms and have even red-pilled a few. Sounds like you just have shit friends.
>>
>>70048162
If he stopped being your friend because of your political views then he was never your friend in the first place.
>>
I said my stance depends, then explained Finns shouldn't be allowed even contraception while nigs and gyps need encouraged to abort and free minipills. Still friends. My positions are simply so outrageously politically incorrect they don't even care anymore.
>>
>>70048162
Not a real friend.
>>
>>70049206
This.

Some fucking "friend"
>>
>>70049206
>I have political views that all Poles are subspecies and should have willingly been servants to Hitler's Germany as India was to Churchill's Britians, as Hitler planned. Hey, want to grab a burger later?
>>
>>70048986
This pham.

Although I did trigger a close friend of mine when we were drinking once and I brought my shitposting IRL instead of being my usual courteous respectful self.
>>
It's probably a good thing. I don't trust anyone that's over 25 years old and still pro-choice. They are truly evil people.
>>
>>70048162

i want to sniff vivian's butthole
>>
>>70048162
I'll never be pro-life since abortion helps kill minorities but I would stop being a friend of someone because they were.
>>
>>70049649
That's not a political view, that's just being retarded
>>
>>70049649
why not
>>
>>70048162

If that ""friend"" can't tolerate someone with different sociopolitical views as a friend, then they are probably a dipshit anyways.

It's much more interesting when friends have different views instead of being a big breathing opinion hugbox. My best friends are all commies and we just have some bantz together while drinking beer and playing vidya.
>>
>>70049597

This, honestly. Even the hippie woman at work still talks to me after I explained to her why I hate Muslims and Jews.
>>
I would sympathize with you if pro-life wasn't a retarded stance based on the epitome of "MUH FEELINZ THE CHILLINZ".
>>
>>70049974
>Being anti-choice is not a political view, that's just being retarded
>>
how the fuck could someone be pro-life? Why does it matter to you at all what a woman decides to do? How does it affect your life in any capacity?
>>
>>70050077
>being pro freedom
>having sweeping generalizations about personal liberty, private property, economics etc
>>
If you need us to tell you that your "friend" is worthless garbage, just leave.
>>
>>70050059
Thanks brah. I'll buy this round :,)
>>
>>70050477
being pro freedom is the most unsweeping generalization there is
>>
>>70048162
You must be a retard to not be able to explain your positions in a non-offensive manner. Did you mention how abortion clinics are mainly found in areas with high concentrations of minorities?

My advice is to ask them questions next time. LEAD them to your ideas and let them make the conclusions for themselves, don't shove them down their throat. Read Plato nigga.
>>
>>70048162

I had no issue with this, mostly because I have nuanced stance.

I know that you can't make laws to force pro-life. Ultimately, you can't control what women do with their bodies. If they want an abortion, they'll find a way to do it.

Instead, I say that we should push for education to teach women that abortion shouldn't be used as an alternative to contraception. It should only be a "last resort" scenario in case of rape or contraceptive failure or medical complications.

People then usually tell me that this is probably how it already is... Except that here in Quebec, we have over 400 abortion for every 1000 birth, and almost 30% of women in for an abortion had already gotten one sometimes prior.

This always gets people on my side. I then push that unless there are serious mitigating circumstances, abortions shouldn't be allowed in the 2nd or 3rd term since at that point, the baby is it's own person, has already started learning.

I've been able to convince every single person I've talked to about this.
>>
OP here

Friends for couple years. Talk about pro-life. He didn't lose it over that, but about 30 mins after we "finished" the pro-life discussion he blew up on me for being "sarcastic" and stopped talking. I've always been a sarcastic cunt. Never saw him blow up like this.

99% sure it's directly related to the abortion talk.

I said women who are able to take care of their child but choose not to to pursue their own economic freedom should be killed.
>>
>>70050372
Your example was pretty retarded. No sane person would say something like that and especially a not friend. But then again my definiton of a friend might be different than yours. Maybe it's normal in USA to say things like "God damn I fucking hate niggers!" to your buddy.
>>
>>70048162
>liberal
>friend

Explain.
>>
>>70050807
Add financial complications and you are golden.

Most contraceptives are not 100%.

>inb4 abstinence
>PALIN SLUT
>>
>>70050174
My friends too. It's about respect. They respect me so they respect my ideas and I do the same for them.

Being eloquent also helps.

>>70050382
>Why does it matter to you at all what a woman decides to do?
kek
>>
File: 1459855637159.jpg (67 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
1459855637159.jpg
67 KB, 500x676
>>70048162
If you can't voice your true opinion when your with your friends they are not your friends.

>thanks /pol/

You're welcome and good riddance i'd say
>>
>>70050918
>but choose not to to pursue their own economic freedom should be killed
You idiot.

We don't need single jobless mothers floating everywhere and overflowing orphanages of endless tots.

He thought you were sarcastic, well, he's wrong. You're retarded.
>>
>>70050807
>I know that you can't make laws to force pro-life.

Why not? Prior to abortion being legalized in the US they were extremely rare, especially compared to how many happen now that they're illegal. It really is some bizarre logic to say that we shouldn't make something illegal because lawbreakers will break the law. A rational society doesn't make its laws for the convenience of criminals.
>>
>>70048162
Your defense of life shouldn't scare people away. My guess is you started ranting about degeneracy and shit.
>>
Pro Lifers are usually pretty stupid, I'd be wary of having such a moralistic idiot as a friend. Only because he/she would probably be both boring and stupid.
>>
>explaining why I don't really give a shit about abortions even though I personally think they are pretty fucked up to my liberal bernie loving friend
>"the only people that really ever get abortions consistently are niggers anyways"
>he replies "my sister has had 2 abortions"
>start laughing and say "holy shit dude lmao"
>>
>>70048162
>"friend"
>>
>>70051291
> Prior to abortion being legalized in the US they were extremely rare

This is not true.
>>
>>70051204

Eh I explained that this is a "hypothetical society" and that I wasn't sure about everything, but wanted to throw out ideas for the sake of discussion.

Eventually we got to ideas of communism. He suggests that "a society where essential needs are provided to its populace" can exist.

I ask him to go in further detail but I think he expects me to describe a society where that can exist. I say that the only way you can ensure that everyone gets their "essentials" is by the government forcing someone to provide the goods/services free of charge in exchange for not being shot.

Basically communism. Iuno he wants to describe some sort of utopia, and I have to tell him scarcity is a thing.

Called me sarcastic and blew up, basically told me to fuck off. Damn yo
>>
>>70050947
>Maybe it's normal in USA to say things like "God damn I fucking hate niggers!" to your buddy.

>It isn't normal to say that in Eastern Europe
>>
>>70048986
I got mine all over the place. Some are libs... and some even like hitler. What a world.
>>
>>70052074
You got me there
>>
>>70048162
Be honest did you post that because you seen me post it about an hour ago?
>>
>>70051291
>It really is some bizarre logic to say that we shouldn't make something illegal because lawbreakers will break the law

Except in this case the law is specifically about something internal to a persons body, how the hell are you going to police that? It's almost as stupid as trying to make laws about what haircuts people can have.

It doesn't work. Societal pressure and education are the only ways to control this.

The best you can do with laws is make it inconvenient to have an abortion, which is something we should do.
>>
File: IMG_1716.png (459 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1716.png
459 KB, 1136x640
>>70053332

Nah m8 these were his last words to me
>>
>>70053717

I was trying to allude to the idea that you could "improve" communism by allowing a little bit of free trade capitalism.

I don't think that's a reason to blow up. 99% sure it's related to the abortion comments from earlier.
>>
>>70048162
you don't need them
>>
File: london_rat.jpg (99 KB, 479x804) Image search: [Google]
london_rat.jpg
99 KB, 479x804
If it's one or the othet I'm pro-choice but I like Ted Cruz's stance on it the most.
>>
>>70048162
what is pro life. explain to a brazilian liberal please.
>>
>>70054548

I don't believe in pro-life for brazilians don't worry
>>
>>70054548

Pro-Life is no abortions ever under any circumstances.

Pro-Choice is abortions at any time even up to the minute before birth.

Both are the classical polarized USA bullshit where no one can realize that the answer is somewhere in between.
>>
>>70048162
>explain being pro-choice to a conservative friend
>explain that niggers are the people most likely to use abortions and their population would skyrocket if it was illegal
>lose a friend
thanks /pol/
>>
>>70051765
economics of abortion
>abortion = $300
>birth control = $50 / month
>morning after = $50 a pill
>>
>>70054733
Americans lack critical thinking skills required to understand nuanced, non black and white issues
>>
>>70048162
They weren't that good of a friend if they ended the relationship because of your opinion
>>
>>70054733
late-term abortions are not legal in most states in the U.S.—except in cases in which the life of the mother is in danger. Late-term is defined as an abortion performed after viability of the fetus: If a pregnancy is farther than week 24, abortion is no longer an option. Currently 41 states have laws banning most post-viability abortions,

so is the status quo pro choice or pro life?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.