[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Mexico Really Pay For The Wall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 8
File: 1459857994337.jpg (445 KB, 3200x1680) Image search: [Google]
1459857994337.jpg
445 KB, 3200x1680
Why would they pay for our wall?

It makes no sense Trump just cant force another country to pay for our stuff... what happens if Mexico just say's no?
>>
>>70046125
tariffs
>>
>>70046125
Invasion? Mexico can't do shit in that case.
>>
>>70046410
A tariff against Mexico would hurt the US economy too..... and im pretty sure that is against NAFTA
>>
>>70046413
It wouldn't be worth it to invade Mexico what do they have that would be worth justifying an invasion?

Plus it would probably be illegal just to invade Mexico because they wouldn't pay for our wall
>>
>>70046623
>Pay for the wall or get your shit fucked

Seems good enough for me. They've been "invading" you for years.
>>
>>70046509
Yeah, but one of Trump's goals is also to reduce the trade imbalance. That will require some reindustrialization. Tariffs hurt in the short term, but they can help with the other goals.
>NAFTA
fuck it?
>>
>>70046870
Yeah Mexico sucks but that doesn't mean we can just invade them we are a civilized country after all
>>
>>70046125

He can't make this happen just like he can't make any of his garbled promises happen, pol kids are dumb and will quite literally believe anything they're told if it aligns with their beliefs and makes them feel better at being failures
>>
>>70046623
>what do they have that would be worth justifying an invasion?
oil, gold, and slave labor. what else is there?
>>
>>70046912
Do you think the people are going to be happy with Trump once food prices increase and etc just because Trump wants to start a trade war with Mexico? I dont think so
>>
America sends foreign aid of 500 million a hear to Mexico.

4 years of foreign aid is 2 billion. That is about 1/5th of the money required for the wall alone.

Let alone the costs of illegal immigration and bad trade deals.
>>
>>70046413
>>70046623
>>70047130

"Invading" Mexico is the kind of asinine vomit that makes it quite clear that this board is made up of high schoolers. It quite literally will not happen and if it did it would be a bigger quagmire than the middle-east. Though I agree we should take a heavier hand in dealing with the cartels.
>>
>>70047046
He has to make it happen somehow this is one of Trumps biggest campaign promises if he doesn't get Mexico to pay for the wall he will never be reelected, the question is how will he do it
>>
>>70047130
Anon its 2016 we cant use Mexicans as our own personal slaves while we pillage their country lol
>>
This thread proves that you guys don't actually follow the news, politics, or current events at all.

In recent interviews this week Donald Trump proposed a possible solution for getting Mexico to pay for the wall by halting the transfer of money orders to Mexico from non - citizens. Many Mexicans, many of them here illegally use money orders to wire money back to their families in Mexico. In this sense, the Mexican government loves sending immigrants to America because it ultimately results in more American dollars being injected into the Mexican economy. Trump has proposed stopping the practice (which financially hurts our economy at the cost of the Mexican economy) to coerce the Mexican government into complying with building the wall.

It's a pretty genius strategy.
>>
>>70047314
The US can't afford to only care about the short term like that anymore. If it didn't control the reserve currency of the world and most of its oil supply, the trade imbalance would already have killed it.
Price will go up, but more jobs are created, wages go up, and eventually the price will come back down again.
>>
>>70047439

He's making all these promises because he knows perfectly well he won't be president and will never have to do a damn thing, he'll coast his whole life on what he "coulda dun, if only". All troll/shill/pol arguing aside I really cannot fathom what has convinced any of you clown town shoe eaters that this dope is going to get the high office, it simply will not happen, if he can finagle the nomination Hilary will DESTROY him, and this isn't because I support Hilary, but the inevitable is pretty obvious, unless you're too young to drive yet of course.
>>
>>70047374
So much this, and if they aren't high schoolers than they're NEET basement dwelling adults with autism stuck in a high school mentality.
>>
>>70047374
>and if it did it would be a bigger quagmire than the middle-east

Not saying that i agree with invading Mexico but i doubt it would be a bigger quagmire then the Middle-east lol,

We are literally neighboring Mexico and they dont even really have an army we could probably take Mexico over pretty quickly i just dont see how it would be worth it and it would probably be illegal
>>
>>70047632
>halting the transfer of money orders to Mexico from non - citizens
That's interesting! But how much money is that really? The illegals are exploited and don't make a lot of extra money to send back...
>>
>>70047632
Isn't stopping people from sending their OWN money that they EARNED back to Mexico to their families Illegal? Its definitely bullying them
>>
>>70048050

The Mexican army isn't the problem, it's the cartels that literally run the country and will give the occupiers an unfathomable fucking headache
>>
>>70047867
The A-10 would make a short work out of them!
>>
>>70048050

Iraq barely has an army either and it's the biggest quagmire on earth
>>
>>70047791
I just dont think the average person is going to be happy paying more for food just so Trump can build a wall who knows how long the trade war can last.....
>>
>>70047348
>wall costs 10 billion
>10,000,000,000$

What the hell
>>
>>70048292
Heh, yeah! I seems like militarily the US won in 15 minutes or so.
Yet it's still not over...
>>
>>70048225
It's actually not, and we've done it before as a country many times with middle eastern families trying to send money orders to middle eastern countries - so there's actually already a legal precedent set for blocking money being sent to other countries.
>>
>>70047632
It's not like the numbers don't support it.

Total US-Mexico money orders: ~25 billion
Mexican GDP: ~1.3 trillion

That's about 2% and you have to consider that most of Mexico's GDP does not translate to wealth of it's citizens. So this move would harm the Mexican population which in turn will lash out at the government or attempt to literally invade the US, which will be kekworthy.

Basically Trump is asking for the money that's been sent to Mexico since the start of this year to be sent back to pay for part of the Wall once he gets elected. This isn't far fetched and it's no impossible.

I don't know how stable Mexico is politically, but unless they want more instability, they'll pay up, or to put it another way, they'll return a small portion of the money they've been stealing.
>>
>>70048376
murican math
for them one thousand million is a billion
>>
>>70048349
>who knows how long the trade war can last
Trade wars are worth it if you win!
>>
>>70046125
>what happens if Mexico just say's no?
The wall gets 10 feet higher and trade sanctions are put on Mexico until the bill is paid. Their economy would collapse without trade with the USA.
>>
>>70048064
As I recall, money coming from the US is the third largest source of income into the Mexican economy. Perhaps someone can source me to get a more accurate number?
>>
File: 1459821287691.jpg (78 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1459821287691.jpg
78 KB, 900x675
>>70046125
7/10

"Say's" was a nice touch
>>
>>70048376
Gran muro.
>>
Stop the illegal aliens wiring money home, stop sending them aid.
>>
>>70047867
>>70048292

Are you guys really this autistic? When the US invaded Iraq it only took three weeks before we captured Baghdad and thats literally on the other side of the world,

Mexico is literally right on our border it would be much easier plus Muslims were really offended by the US invading Iraq and almost every Jihad group in the world traveled to Iraq to go to war with the US the same thing wont happen for Mexico.....
>>
>>70048562
Thanks for the numerical backup Hans.
>>
>>70048700
Sanctioning Mexico would be against NAFTA what is Trump going to just invalidate NAFTA all together?

That wouldn't be a good thing.....
>>
>>70048893
No sweat, just make sure to elect Donny J. Trump because I fear that without him starting the happening, my beloved continent will burn.
>>
File: ww3vet.jpg (95 KB, 650x684) Image search: [Google]
ww3vet.jpg
95 KB, 650x684
>>70048888
Not only that, but a lot of people would be happy to have white people help their country out.

That's literally the reason Mexicans go to the US. They're OK with their shitty culture, but they need white infrastructure.
>>
>>70048813
For the memes
>>
This is now a "Let's invade Mexico!" thread.

What would be the casus belli though?
>>
>>70047846

Based.

But to much reality for /pol/
>>
>>70048816
We only send Mexico 200 million a year in aid the wall is going to cost 10 billion that wouldn't be enough to cover it....
>>
>>70047846
I've always been under the impression that, if Trump were to somehow seal the GOP nomination, enough people would go out and vote AGAINST Trump in the general election, thereby coasting Hillary to the presidency. This is solidified by the high disapproval ratings he constantly polls, no thanks to the media's perpetual assault on The Donald's campaign, of course.
>>
>>70049129
I dont think Mexicans would be happy if the US invaded Mexico lol
>>
>>70048888
> if you conquer Mexico you will receive a major warmongering penalty

That's the easiest answer to why even suggesting an invasion on Mexico is totally out of the question.
>>
>>70049333
Who's gonna stop him? Shillary?
>>
>>70049295
There is no legitimate casus belli to invade Mexico if the US were to invade Mexico it would be completely illegal
>>
>>70047632
Just pay illegals in gift cards to american businesses instead :^)
>>
>>70049717

According to the polls yes.

Then again /pol/ is fantasy, so I'm sure all those new voters will make the difference in flipping states.
>>
>>70049697
I agree there is no justifiable legal reason to Invade Mexico but what is Trump going to do if they dont pay for the wall?
>>
>>70049768
What if the CIA helps?
>>
>>70049717
I think you're severly underestimating the number of people who will vote for Hillary for the single and only reason that it's 'time' for a female president. Your only hope for Trump's chances is that she's indicted, but it seems unlikely.
>>
>>70049652
Dunno I've talked to lots of beaners and the more intelligent ones see it as a way out of poverty.

Sorta like how lower-class animals see fur as a way out of the forest.
>>
>>70049403
It will be if it's built at mexican labour speeds
>>
>>70050074
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>70049973
what makes everyone think there would even need to be an invasion?
if their choices were build the wall or forever lose the US as a trade partner it would do plenty of damage
>>
>The year is 2018
>President/Overlord Trump orders an attack towards Mexico
>US Army march towards Mexico city
>Suddenly Mexican Overlord Penia gives the order to execute Order 66
>All the latinos in the US army rebel against Trump
>US gets destroyed from the inside and conquered by Mexicans
>The year 2018 marks the return of the Great Aztec Empire
>>
>>70050138
Im telling you mate Mexicans HATE Trump, you might find a rare one on /pol/ who kind of likes Trump but the average Mexican absolutely Hates Trump they even burned his effigy lol
>>
>>70050228
No according to Trump they just have to pay for it, Can Mexico even afford paying for a 10 billion dollar wall? It would probably mess up their economy pretty bad....
>>
>>70050817
>being this high
Mexican weed really fucks you up in a bad way eh?
>>
Mexico pays because we are keeping them out, not our people in. If your neighbor's dog shits in your yard and attacks your children, you don't pay for your neighbor's fence, they do. Its about Mexico being accountable for its own shit.
>>
>>70046509
Reminder that Free Trade agreements like NAFTA are not treaties, and can be unilaterally legally annulled by the President. We've just never had a non-Globalist in office who would actually execute that authority.

Also Jimmy Carter actual broke a treaty unilaterally and Congress tried to get the Supreme Court to overrule him and they declined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_Clause
>>
>>70046125
Have you tried reading the official statement on his website OP?

Can you read and comprehend foreign policy?

The plan is actually pretty based.
>>
File: bikini (114).jpg (236 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
bikini (114).jpg
236 KB, 1024x683
>>70046125

No cause Stump will never be President.
>>
>>70050817
>mexicans
>aztecs
Pick one
>>
>>70050713
Because Mexicans are notoriously prideful and stubborn people they will be willing to lose the US as a trade power for their own pride
>>
>>70050817
In the US Military Hispanics are outnumbered by both Whites and Blacks and alot of Hispanics aren't even Mexican so that rebellion would never work
>>
>>70051353
Thats a nice analogy and all but that still doesn't mean they are going to pay
>>
>>70046125
>What is a trace deficit

I'm the best customer for my drug dealer. I make up 40% of his sales. I will now stop purchasing and he will go bankrupt or be forced to make decisions. Sure he could try to break my legs, the only issue is im a fully armed spec ops soldier and hes a fucking half-breed 5'4 incan.

Is he going to give in to my demands so i will keep buying, or is he going to fail?
>>
>>70051536
It would negatively impact our own economy though......
>>
>>70051672
This

It's in his fucking website. Block the money illegals send back, set up trade tariffs and enforce existing trading rules, increasing visa fees or outright cancel them.
>>
>>70047439

I read this morning that he finally came out and said how he was going to do it, and its something I have advocated for in the past few months: taxation of wire transfer remittances that go to Mexico. It will cripple their economy, as 24 billion a year worth of gringo dollars leave the US for Mexico.

Oklahoma already has a law that allows for taxation of any wire transfers that leave the state, don't see why that can't be implemented nationwide. Make it so any wire transfers leaving the country to any foreign nation gets taxed, so Trump doesn't look like a "racist" for levying the tax against one nation.
>>
>>70050817

In that scenario you may have a chance at surviving, its a shame that reality if more cruel.
>>
>>70053647
If all whales die, liberals don't have to cry about whales anymore and the sharks will start eating coastline liberals. Sounds like a win-win to me.
>>
>>70048225

If your Western Union transactions trigger enough red flags and you are investigated, WU can find cause to ban you from using their service.

I don't think Trump will get a complete ban on transfers to Mexico, but a micro tax on each transfer could net a billion a year, which would pay for the wall over time.
>>
>>70053647

We hunt down whales, because we don't like em. US should develop land harpoons for harvesting their landwhales.
>>
>>70049799

gift cards can be sold for cash on secondary markets and at check cashing stores
>>
>>70052450
Which economy? The one where people can afford to feed and house themselves because all the work hasn't been outsourced/subsidized with illegal immigrants? Or the one where jew bankers launder money between themselves and then have their media companies tell everyone how good the economy is doing?
>>
> 4 years later
>The Mexico didn't pay, but h-he built the wall guys, what do you want?
>I-It was just an election promise, who believes them anyway
>G-go Trump!
>>
File: _20160405_203702.jpg (17 KB, 605x105) Image search: [Google]
_20160405_203702.jpg
17 KB, 605x105
>>70053647
Name?
Address?
Employer?
>>
So is Mexico actually going to pay for the wall?

Because i still dont think they will.....
>>
>>70046870
ok, Manuel, go get me some bread now.
>>
File: 1459800749155.jpg (518 KB, 1152x766) Image search: [Google]
1459800749155.jpg
518 KB, 1152x766
TRUMP will build the BEST wall!
>>
>>70046870
>Seems good enough for me
we may be mexico but don't treat us like chimps, that's africa
>>
>>70050817
Laughing at your idiocity, maybe stop ordering from el patron?
>>
>>70056473
LOL Why do Mexicans act like they would be able to compete against the US military?

The US has the STRONGEST military in the world

Mexico doesn't even have tanks it wouldn't even be a contest between our countries

Mexico would lose and lose badly Paco
>>
>>70050622
spill the frijoles wero
>>
He's going to starve their poor people if they say no. Their government will collapse and their politicians will be killed.
>>
>>70046125

There will never be a wall, so I guess it's rather trivial that Mexico will not pay for it.
>>
>>70056984
This is what i think is the most likely scenario, Mexico will refuse to pay for the wall and Trump will try to starve Mexico in return,

many Mexicans will die...... is that really worth it for a wall?
>>
>>70053647
Actually over-fishing will kill off the whales faster than whaling will. Nice try though.
>>
>>70057105
There has to be a wall or Trump will forever be known as a liar
>>
>>70057415
Well, Trump won't be elected...
>>
File: Carlos el cuck.jpg (92 KB, 300x395) Image search: [Google]
Carlos el cuck.jpg
92 KB, 300x395
>>70050817

My fucking sides.

>implying Mexishit military could do anything to the U.S. mainland
>implying all hispanics would listen to a dirty fucking mexican.

I have yet to meet a single non-mexican hispanic that actually liked your people. Then again they all seem to hate each other, especially Puerto Ricans which hate everybody for some reason.
>>
>>70057477
Thats your opinion mate but from my point of view Trump has a real shot at getting elected... people dont like Hillary and alot of people like Trump
>>
>>70046125
He's explained it a dozen times faggot!
>>
>>70057671
okay, it's the point of view of most people who follow these things, which is one reason that the republican party is doing everything they can to stop Trump so they don't just give the election away.
>>
File: 1443562325349.jpg (160 KB, 828x686) Image search: [Google]
1443562325349.jpg
160 KB, 828x686
if Trump wins, can I take place of one of the illegals you kick out?
>>
>>70058131
DELETE THIS IMAGE RIGHT NOW
>>
>>70057947
The point of view of most people was that Trump was just a joke and would never make it this far and they were wrong
>>
>>70058216
Okay. I've thought he would get this far the whole time, but not that that means too much. Probably 50/50 that he will get the nomination. I hope he does, because he will be incredibly easy to beat.
>>
>>70046125
there is a better chance of Greece paying for it
>>
>>70058131
Maybe but only legally
>>
>>70058414
How would Trump be incredibly easy to beat exactly? Hillary has alot of scandals that Trump hasn't even touched yet..... the game has yet to begun
>>
>>70058535
Yeah i dont think they are going to pay for it either the question is what is Trump going to do about it?
>>
>>70046125
they
do
not
have
a
choice
moron
>>
Why are we even giving Mexico foreign aid to begin with? And how do most Mexicans not realize we can shut off the money faucet if we want to?
>>
>>70058876
They do have a choice they can say no
>>
>>70046410
no, he's withholding all money people send to mexico
somehow
>>
>>70058778
For one, Trump has a 70 percent unfavorable with women. And Trump is as well known as Hilary, so peoples impressions of him are pretty well set. He has similarly bad unfavorables with blacks, hispanics and asians. He has high unfavorables with college educated white voters. There just aren't enough people in Trump's 'core demographic' for him to have any viable path to the white house.
>>
>>70046125
#BombMexico
>>
>>70058919

for the same reason globalists drain american tax dollars to every other country--to keep them pliable to Wall Street corporations.

China gets some billions so Chairman Chingchong keeps his assault rifles pointed as Comrade Chan and tells him he's going to slave away in the factories making Ipads and Nike tennis shoes for pennies or he's going to join his honorable ancestors in the afterlife.
>>
>>70046125
>implying they would say no to their overlords
>implying it still wouldn't be just drug money anyways
>implying a government run by drug dealers would tell the mightiest military power in the world "no"

Jesus fuck you don't have to be an astronaut to figure it out. Mexico knows is they say no we'll make them pay for it, one way or another.

Don't imply the US cares about the repercussions of anything, either.
>>
>>70046125
If we cut off all aid to Mexico including military aid, the government would collapse in 48 hours.

They'll pay whatever Trump tells them to pay or they'll get a knife up their ass like Ghaddafi.
>>
>>70059583
Mexicans are really prideful even if it might not be the smartest thing to do they will think their pride instead of common sense and making them pay for OUR wall to keep them out will really hurt their pride i dont think they will pay....
>>
>>70059734
Is a collapsed Mexico really in our best interests?
>>
>>70059136
would be illegal
>>
>>70059113
Hillary has historicly high unfavorable rating too
>>
>>70058976

You seem to be under the impression we're asking for a blank check retard
>>
>>70060336

nowhere near trump tho, sorry.

the memes were fun while they lasted
>>
>>70060336

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
>>
>>70048064
I worked with illegals before. They get pretty standard pay. I was earning 17 an hour at a construction site while they got about 10-14.
>>
Tariff, Sanctions and Entry fee. Every Mexicans who cross the wall into America soil, will have to pay $150 USD. That is just to enter the borders. They will check and x ray them. Make sure they are clean with no criminal records.
Then they pay another $150USD for the transport from the borders to the nearest Mexicans theme town.
On the long run America wins.

Tariffs and sanctions is to ensure Mexico loses economy gains from America. If Mexico is stupid enough to not pay for the wall. This is why they will pay.
On 2015, they earn about 400billion on export. America consists of 78% of that export. That is 312 billion from America alone. Anyone with a common sense, will pay 50billion for the wall and 10billion on yearly maintenance, just to get their 300 billion to flow back into Mexico.

Let's say, America decided to pay for their own wall. Criminals hurt the America economy, they cost 15billion to their victims and 179billion to America, every year.

Wouldn't you spent 50billion to reduce that said amount? Because steel and concrete with maintenance, can last a very long time. On the on run, America win again.

This is why i like Donald Trump, it is a win win solution.
>>
>>70048064
Too many illegals as well. 100 illegals earning 10 a day, is the same amount as 10 citizens earning 100 a day.
>>
>>70046410
and cut their foreign aid
>>
>>70062411
Not to mention the jobs the walls will create. Not just for the American but legal Mexicans workers.
This is a sure win solution. The idea of a wall is one of the best thing ever, since ancient Rome, ancient China, Israel and Singapore. They all have walls and they works very well as deterrence.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.