[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did the US beat the British during the revolutionary war?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: 11-monday-hBptdqg.png (215 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
11-monday-hBptdqg.png
215 KB, 500x380
How did the US beat the British during the revolutionary war?
>>
The British got bored and went home.
>>
>>70043657
The French pretty much won the war for us
>>
>>70043422
Numbers, French Support forcing the Brits to spread out their forces, Perseverance, sheer luck, war became unpopular in Britain. Also, employed previously avoided tactics, like targeting commanders.
>>
>>70043422
The war wast worth the effort it would have taken to suppress. Plus they wanted us to remain their ally and not side further with france
>>
>>70043422
sounded the 12 bong and they knew it was past bed time so they turned back
>>
>>70043422
France
England was still recovering from the Seven Years War (it's why they upped the taxes on the colonies)
>>
>>70043422
They surrendered because they were fighting the french and the US was too far away

People protested agaisnt the war stating its better to have all those soldiers in England instead of across the world

they needed all the man power they could get because at the time france was a more deadly enemy
>>
>>70043422
The French
>tfw we never learn about the american revolution in history, only fighting the french
>tfw have to learn it ourselves years later
Was pretty cool desu
>>
File: g.jpg (90 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
90 KB, 1440x900
>>70043422
>>
>>70043422

with big nuts, desperation and help from the French
>>
>>70043422

French and Spanish help
>>
>>70043422
With the rebel yell
>>
>>70043753

After learning what a meager fleet the French sent and the fact that they got defeated and captured makes me wonder how true this is.
>>
>>70044243
Hey I never learned about vietnam so its okay. Or slavery. Or mass genocide of the natives.
>>
Spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4KcJTP8nW8
>>
>>70044861

I remember it being mentioned all the damn time.
>>
>>70044861
I never learned anything about any other country other than America. Had learn the entire history of europe by myself. Most interested in how england was formed.
>>
File: MASON.jpg (90 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
MASON.jpg
90 KB, 1440x900
CORRUPTION
>>
>>70044955
But did they ever talk about the evils commited by both politicians and the people they forced to fight for them?
>>
>>70043422
guerrilla warfare, the British public got tired of it so they had to pull out,esp. considering le french
>>
File: 1453199912766.jpg (87 KB, 780x546) Image search: [Google]
1453199912766.jpg
87 KB, 780x546
>>70044861
>never learned about vietnam
u wot? I thought that was like one of your most important wars
>>
>>70044784

The French were attacking the British and nearly all of its colonies at the time. America was just a nuisance and a waste of manpower for the Brits (Who were about to be attacked on their homeland).

The french gave us money and a much needed distraction.

That is why the Brits didn't consider us worth their time (If only they knew)
>>
>>70044243
Really? Is the details of the war just not mentioned or is the revolution entirely lumped into part of fighting France?
>>
>huge distances between Britain and America
>we were weak after the seven years war
>french
>after a while we gave up trying to find a compromise because you guys rejected every single one (carlise peace commission)
>every local joined the rebels because taxes
>>
>France plz halp!
>>
>>70045675
Damn pops youre still butthurt?
>>
>>70043936
But the War of 1812
>>
>>70045274
Most history classes run out of time before they can mention Vietnam. Any talk of Vietnam is also guranteed to be controversial so I can see teachers wanting to avoid it.
>>
>>70043941
Thomas Benjamin here, can confirm.
>>
>>70045475
I only learned about it two years ago when I was 21. It wasn't mentioned at all in school or after.
>>
>>70043850
So it was the bong version of the vietnam war?
>>
>>70046271
exactly

still waiting for nam to become a superpower though
>>
>>70046001
Was there any talk of how America came to be or was it just treated as something that was suddenly there?
>>
>>70046555
There was no talk of america or any other country. We only learned about things we invented, and ww1 and 2, and 2 was mainly the holocaust and not actual fighting.
>>
File: great america.jpg (193 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
great america.jpg
193 KB, 500x500
>>70043422
You didn't, your country is fake, the British sent Howe to quash the rebellion. Howe beat Washington up and down New York, but every time he was about to finish the uprising, he was told to stand down by his Masonic superiors, the Americans were higher ranked in Freemasonry.

Because Howe couldn't finish the job, he got frustrated and quit. America is a lie.
>>
>>70045675
The best part is France was bankrupted helping the revolution which helped cause their own revolution. The French monarchy gets destroyed after wasting huge amounts of resources creating a nation that hates them. France helped raise up a nation that has no respect for them that helped ruin them and likes its real dad better. France is historically the most cucked nation
>>
File: 1455024169383.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1455024169383.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>70047260
>>
Guerrilla warfare tactics, the logical hurdles of the British trying to field a force across the Atlantic using 18th century technology, french support, the English being worn down by hundreds of years of near constant warfare, the English trying to continue and maintain colonial expansion in other areas at the same time while simultaneously being engaged in other more military conflicts, even more pressure on the english from the French, the fact we had knowledge of the terrain that the English did not have, the English using miltary strategy that hadn't caught modern weapons technology, a bit of luck with the weather occasionally being on our side during important moments, and, because it bears repeating help from the French.

To any frogs out there, you surrender monkey are OK in my book. Maybe it's because you didn't play such a big role in the actual colonization of our part of the Americas so we don't think of you as part of a cultural heritage in the same way but for some reason people seem to overlook the fact that through our history as a nation you Frenchmen, not the English, have always been our most steadfast and reliable allies. Pretty much every war and every coalition you guys have been there, sometimes first.

It would have been nice if you stuck around a little longer in Vietnam though, just saying.
>>
>>70043422
Guerilla tactics and spirit of persistence or else everyone in the colony would have gotten fucked up if we lost.
>>
>>70046271
The battle on Trenton was pretty much our Tet Offensive, we attacked on fucking Christmas to catch them off guard.
>>
>>70048097
Forgot image.
>>
Meme magic
>>
>>70043657
this. they already had in between the great lakes and the st lawrence on lock the rest of the continental north american colonies cost more than it was worth.
>>
>>70046972
WW2 history was mostly about the holocaust!? Not about literally one of Britain's finest hours refusing to surrender no matter the cost?
>>
File: fuckyoupleb.jpg (81 KB, 411x511) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoupleb.jpg
81 KB, 411x511
>>70048485
British Empire*
>>
>>70043422
Number of factors. They were basically fighting themselves so had no real tactical advantage. Couple that with the American's having more to fight for with your average joe getting land in return while Brits had to return effectively slum housing. Also French and Spanish support spread us Brits thin.
>>
>>70048587
Calmed and guarded by the British fleet
>>
>>70047576
A good analysis. Plus I feel bad you got no (You)s
>>
>>70043422

It was not US vs British

It was British & Loyalists vs French funded terrorist fanatics with a violent radical ideology
>>
We didn't beat them. They got tired of fighting and were fighting France at the same time.
>>
>>70047576
Nicely said.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.