[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is supposed to "change" with Trump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 17
File: question4pol.jpg (63 KB, 1250x703) Image search: [Google]
question4pol.jpg
63 KB, 1250x703
I am a Trump supporter

I am a white male 28 years old which I'm sure fits most of the demographic on this board.

I work 50 hours a week at 12 bucks an hour and struggle to pay rent/car insurance/utilities/gas and food. I have researched ways on the internet to eat cheaply and in bulk by cooking. I never eat out, I don't spend money on anything for entertainment (unless 40 bucks a months on internet counts)

At the end end of the month I am unlucky to have increased my savings by 30 bucks. I do not collect any government benefits (welfare, food stamps) and am barely scraping by.

The measly amount of money that I am putting away is not for some vacation or new computer. It is for a down payment on a new car for when my 25 year old car inevitably bites the dust. Despite regular maintenance, I get check engine lights and noises daily and I cannot afford any major repairs.

If I were to get sick I would not be able to afford medical bills and even 2 weeks away from work I would be fired/not be able to pay my rent and break my 12 month lease contract and have trouble leasing anything in the future.

cont.
>>
I have no family or anyone to help support me, yet I get by. I work hard and bust my ass everyday to maybe get a raise (longshot) and gain some sort of job security. My life in not ideal but I have a roof over my head and food to eat and it's all due to my own hard work. My large amount taxes taken from my check each pay period goes to those who refuse to work and rely on others to keep them alive.

My question: How is Trump going to fix anything for me and other like my self other than curbing immigration and having more of our jobs shipped overseas? What change in in store for us guys who work hard for everything we have and cannot save enough to even have a security blanket? I know I will not be seeing any social security in my future.

Anyone else feel like they are on their own in this world and the only person you can count on is yourself? What can Trump do to give us hope?
>>
>>70042361
>>70042422
Take all of that and now add living in mexico 2.0 and then you will know how it WILL change if anyone but trump is elected.
>>
vote bernie mate.
>>
>>70042361
If minimum wage was $15 an hour, you wouldn't be having these problems.
>>
>>70042361
>>70042422

I feel for you. In the same boat. Every time i see a nigger buying steak with stamps and then going and buying cigarettes in beer with cash makes my blood boil. I hope Trump get rid of these parasites and I also hope he makes it so that all of the Social Security that we are paying into actually goes to help us in the future because I sure as hell don't have a retirement plan
>>
>>70042709

i dont think you understand how capitalism works.

companies pay workers more, now they just up the price of everything so they they do not lose profit
>>
File: 1450816979271.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450816979271.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>70042361

At one point in my life I was making a little over $10 an hour at 40 hours a week in Chicago, aka taxed to death shit hole. I never had to worry about food.

You are full of shit. Or way way way over your budget.
>>
>What exactly is supposed to "change" with Trump

The GOP and DNC establishments learn that they don't have complete control of the American electorate.
>>
File: 1361377116447.jpg (139 KB, 1387x805) Image search: [Google]
1361377116447.jpg
139 KB, 1387x805
>>70042361
>right in the feels OP
>>
>>70042912

The area I live in is expensive rent, but unfortunately its either that or drive an hour and half for commute,

I would move to different city but I like to be near my elderly mother who is in constant need of help.
>>
>>70043074

Move, retard.
>>
You know its bad When you pray everyday for your 95 year old grandma to drop dead so that you can get her inheritance and having money to survive. But that's just me
>>
>>70042361
what city/state do you live in

if it's california you can choke on a dick
>>
>>70043209

not sure you even read what I wrote friend. Not sure why you felt the need to call me a retard though,

I guess anonymity gives you that bullying ability you would be to afraid to do in real life, sigh.
>>
If you're confused, I suggest you learn some economics. Mises
institute articles are usually correct about almost everything. Milton
Friedman is also good at explaining basic economics.

Some of trumps ideas are simply ploys to get votes, like the tariffs.
don't pay much attention to those. the big thing he will do is cut taxes,
and waste fraud and abuse in the government.
>>
>>70043245
You're right, that is just you.

Fuck, that's cold. KYS.
>>
>>70043351

I live east coast. I ll leave it at that,

and im not moving any further away from my mother she has no one else to help her should she need something.
>>
>>70042361
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/3/25/11293258/tax-plan-calculator-2016

OP, try using this tax calculator to find out how much you can save with each candidate. Come back to us with the result.
>>
vote bernie mate, he is for poor,people. do not believe republican lies about them cutting taxes or whatnot, they dont work for you, they work for the corporations.
>>
>>70043360

OK, but how will they effect us lowly hourly slaves?

How can I stop paying for miss aiisha to buy candy and bullshit for her 12 kids and spend her welfare cash on the lotto

can trump change this?
>>
>>70043355
Because you're being retarded. If you haven't noticed, we call a spade a spade here instead of the reddit hugbox.
>>
>>70043355

No, I read all your excuses. I sick and tired or "woe is me" bullshit from people who keep themselves in poverty with arbitrary bullshit.

Everyone makes their own decisions. If living in a really expensive area and being near your more important than your financial prosperity, that fine. If you lack the drive, or fear the costs to get more education to make yourself more marketable, fine.

Stop bitching about it though.
>>
>>70043706

What am I doing that is retarded my rude friend?
>>
>>70042361
Only a maximum wage not a minimum wage can help you. No one deserves more that a thousand bucks a day. Only the trades and labourers are worth a thousand bucks a day. Rich people should be executed
>>
>>70043734

So i am supposed to go in debt with loans and somehow find the time to attend classes? And with the amount of free time I have it would take me 5-6 years to get a degree all while accumulating debt
>>
>>70043360
this. big gov and gov employee pensions and shit are sucking us dry
>>
>>70043658

What can bernie do for me? I dont believe in a free lunch and that seems to be his platform
>>
>>70042709
Spoken like a true asshole.
>>
>>70043669
Maximum wage introduced and everybody works or they dont get paid.
Who invented a minimum wage? The rich bastards did. Wake up
>>
>>70043908

Yes you are. Like in business, debt is actually good for growth. You need to leave your comfort zone for a while.

It doesn't even need to be a degree. There are plenty of trades that are year longish courses and pay way more than $12 an hour starting and usually with plenty of overtime.
>>
>>70042709
If minimum wage was $15.00/hr you would be accelerating inflation, which leads to a large amount of other issues...
Minimum wage isn't just meant for a sustainable living, but it is also meant to adjust itself with national inflation levels for sustainable living. All of these Bernie cucks fail to understand the rational of gradual minimum wage increases.
>>
>>70042361
50 hours a week? Most business don't let low end employees work more than 39 hours a week or whatever is full time in your area. Also your job may just disappear if min. wage gets raised. Due to the cost of higher wages and taxes burden placed on small business(bernie will most definitely raise taxes on small business).
>>
>>70044177
>debt is actually good

I have avoided debt like the plaque my entire life

I dont have credit cards and i dont buy anything that I cant pay for that day.

It doesnt make sense to me that ask for something when you dont have the finances for it.
>>
File: 1384050348180.gif (757 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1384050348180.gif
757 KB, 500x363
>>70042361

by describing yourself, you just described virtually every single trump supporter.

only some are willing to destroy someone elses life to get a easier ride.

>as if deporting 100,000 mexicans making $2 an hour harvesting crops will get your your yacht

faggot
>>
>>70042361
Lol what changed with Obama?
>>
>>70044381

Oh my god...

Stay poor. I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>70044559

ok, well thanks for the input even though it was entirely mean spirited and not helpful.
>>
>>70044716
why don't you try to become an electrician or plumber?

the reality is, there is no such thing as job security but those professions are pretty close
>>
>>70042361
You no longer pay taxes because you're clearly under the bracket.
If you aren't saving money off of all that then you're clearly living in a hyper expensive area.
>>
How are you 29 and haven't figured out how to make more than $12 an hour? That would be my first question. There has to be an outlying factor. Otherwise you are just a moron beyond help.

I'm 27 without any secondary education and I make $28 an hour. I also fucked around and didn't better my life all through my early 20s. Something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>70044716

Go fuck yourself, peasant.
>>
>>70042709

If minimum wage was $15 an hour, just like that, he'd lose his job and the company would outsource overseas or invest in a mechanical replacement.

You people don't understand how economics work beyond "If we had more money we could afford more!"
>>
>>70044559
>>70044901
Guess how I know you're not white
>>
>>70043734

OP dont listen to this faggot. Avoid debt at all costs. And judging by the rest of his post he is an immature piece of shit just ignore him
>>
>>70044901

lol bet you wouldnt have the balls to say that to my face.

tough guy in the internet
>>
>>70042361
If he's to be believed, he will force the US influence on global politics into trade meets. Instead of letting China produce everything and India produce all your clothes, he will force them to charge a fair rate or dump a huge import tax to make US goods competitive in the long run.

The US gets some shitty ass trade deals for a global super power and always has done since Vietnam. China has leeched your blood and grown giant through it. India is laughing as it uses it's population to sell you caps, shirts and trousers at 1/10th the price a US producer can make them BUT still 10x the actual cost to make them because of their national standards. Japan is chuckling as they let you spend BILLIONS a year to protect their waters while they should in theory have the 3rd largest airforce and navy in the world because of local threats and influences but instead they just let you think you are 'protecting' them when you gain nothing from doing so.

The US is the literal cuck of the world at the moment and has been since NATO failed to be a thing.
>>
>>70044887
>$28 an hour

what job?
>>
>>70045503
Retail store manager. Worked my way up from getting hired in at $8.75 in 2007. Could be pushing $80k by next year if I decide to move out of state.
>>
If you're stupid enough to think a politician, any politician, will fix your life you might as well just go buy lottery tickets.
>>
>>70045377

KEK
>>
Lots of hate and this thread for a guy who seems to be working with ass off to stay afloat as well as be near his mother to take care of her.

Keep your head up op. Lots of kids on this board living eith mommy have yet to see the real world.
>>
>>70045727

congrats man. soudns like you earned it
>>
>>70045377

Hes a faggot. Eventually he will have consequences for the way he acts everyone always does.
>>
>>70042361
You'll notice a lot less beaners
>>
>>70044381
>I dont have credit cards and i dont buy anything that I cant pay for that day.

Holy shit bro, you are 20 year old me levels of retarded.
>>
>>70045883
>>70046016

>muh feelings

If you actually believe in karma, you are a fucking idiot. If you think I act this way in a professional setting, you are a bigger idiot.

Whatever you need to say to feel better though right? Big meanie on the internet.
>>
any business that can't handle paying employees 15 an hour is doing something very very very wrong.

i own a coffee shop and make sure my prices reflect current cost of doing business and put aside some money for future increases of doing business.
>>
>>70042361
The fuck did you do wrong?
I've been in the workforce for less than a year, graduated with no debts, got a raise, $15k in my 401k, and am halfway to a down payment on a house.
My mom is dead and my step-father disowned me when she passed, so don't give me some shit excuse.
>>
File: 1456095271007.jpg (2 MB, 6064x6072) Image search: [Google]
1456095271007.jpg
2 MB, 6064x6072
>>70042361
>I work 50 hours a week at 12 bucks an hour and struggle to pay rent/car insurance/utilities/gas and food.
Bitch, I make 75% of what you make every week (less hours, more pay). I live in Nassau County NY, one of the most expensive counties in the country and yet I don't struggle financially at all. I bought a new car last year for 18.5k and paid for it in cash. How are you this much of a fuck-up?
>>
>>70043029
This. Stop living as slaves. Wake up people.
>>
This thread makes me lose all faith in /pol/ fucking OP beating his soul asking for advice and bunch of kids making fun of his wags

OP look into a trade maybe. I know its not ideal to g 61st loans but wil pay better in the long run.

Good luck
>>
Im out of here, thanks to all you guys with positive advise.
>>
>>70046378
How long did it take to save up that 18.5?
>>
>>70046402

>muh emotional appeals are why I'm poor
>not my life choices that directly keep me poor
>please feel bad for me

Fucking hell, you guys got soft.
Too many Reddit migrants.
>>
>>70042361
>I am a white male
you're a fucking white male! you're a a white man!
>>
File: vogue.gif (610 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
vogue.gif
610 KB, 245x184
>>70046378
>516 FTW, faggot
>>
OP maybe you shouldn't have dropped out of highschool
>>
50 hours a week x 12 dollars an hour is 600 dollars a week. Multiply that by 52 then divide by 12 to find that OP makes around 2600 dollars a month.

You shouldn't be struggling as much as you are. Your rent must be ASTRONOMICAL. Have you considered getting a roommate to help pay the rent?
>>
>>70046606

It's called human decency. Usually shit skins and third worlders lack this
>>
>>70042361
>needing a new car
>won't move to the cheaper suburbs
>lives in convenient location
>not using public transportation
>not mentioned massive ACA subsididy he is receiving

Millennial shilling detected. Your life is shit but there still is hope. Join the God emperor's glorious army.
>>
>>70042422
Why not livd in your car and save that way?
>>
>>70042361
I'm voting Bernie Sanders. He's going to make sure we get free healthcare, tuition-free college, higher minimum wages
>>
>>70042422
First, all the jobs sent overseas would eventually be available to you. Lowering taxes on the businesses offering those jobs would allow them to raise their pay, as well as being competitive within the American market.

Any welfare service would benefit you a lot more, because a lot of people not working and paying back into it would be taken off the system.

Insurance would become much more affordable after the repeal of Obamacare, and drugs would cost less because drug companies would be competing with other countries. Things would go back to the way they were, and Companies would be able to provide the health benefits they used to provide.
>>
>>70044381
You should be scared of debt and it's good that you live within your means.

Debt is ONLY good if the money you have borrowed is used on something that can increase your productivity and therefore capacity to make money. For example a farmer buying a tractor so he can increase his efficiency. Bad debt is like buying a big screen TV; it does nothing to increase your productivity and is therefore bad.

>>70044559
>>70044901
Nigger detected.
>>
You have a Government that is currently throwing so much of it's resources at interest groups, community programs, welfare, institutes and social services that's its surprising to me that you're not dead OP.

The system is designed to be a big maze that just leads into new pathways every time you try to figure it out. They don't want you to figure it out.

Trump will be a fucking mess in the beginning but at least it's a mess that will show the true colors of the people living in your country.
>>
>>70046677
>516
Lived here all my life but I want to move the fuck away. It's too crowded.

>>70046578
I can't remember. When I first got a job after highschool it didn't change my spending habits, the money went straight to the bank and I only took it out when I needed it, which was almost never until I moved out.
>>
>>70045377
Why do you even have internet, if of money is so tight?
Oh wait, you took on the burden of living in a rich neighbourhood and the only sacrifice is that it turns out that you're gonna have to spend more money! Woes you!!

Get another job or cut your expenses. It's not society's fault you're a POS who supports himself on a crappy job.

Get a better jobbb
>>
>>70046677
>>70046378
Oh shit, shit just got local

who NCC here?
>>
Hey OP I feel ya man, only advice I can give is look for a better job(while working your current job) and look into trade school.

I'm starting a diesel mechanics program myself, its a 2 year program but I'll be able to be an apprentice mechanic after 1 year.
Tuition for trade school is very cheap too, my program is only $3000 for everything, a student loan for that would be no big deal to pay off.
>>
>Get a better jobbb
>>70047776

Dont forget that firm handshake. Right grandpa?
>>
>>70047482
That's actually illegal in many places, not to mention dangerous due to all the multicultural folk in cities.
>>
>>70047497
>lowering taxes on businesses will increase wages!!!
That's not how it fucking works.
If they can get away with paying you 12 bucks before there's no reason for them to change that.
Cutting taxes on businesses gives them incentive to keep their operations and money inside the country, it's completely separate from wages.
>>
>>70042361
Seriously? Where do you live, and what is the cost of living?

I make the same hourly wage, and I work the same hours, and I put away about $700 a month.
>>
>>70047807
>>70048166

Not NCC, but I've been there
Don't live on the island anymore, but grew up there
>>
>>70042361
We'll have less brown people around and if you don't like that then you are a Kuck with a capital K
>>
>>70047198

God damn, you are an idiot.
>>
>>70042422
first of all you should be spending much of your free time trying to find ways to earn more money. Once you do start to make a lot more money (im not even talking rich, but middle class) remember that bernard is not your friend.

The Donald will help the economy on jobs, keeping taxes low, helping insurance costs... but most of all it falls on you to earn more.
>>
>>70047574

Calling me a nigger and then agreeing with my post. Amazing there, band-aid.
>>
>>70048760
Apologies, I only saw the latter half of your posts.

Student loan debt can, CAN, be worth the investment, but not if you choose to blow it all on frivolous shit.
>>
31 year old male I make 38 dollars an hour give or take. Really good benefits, matching up to 6% and they pay 75% of the health right off the bat and its the good blue cross stuff.

I don't have a college degree but I'm decent at networking. They are also paying for my school.
>>
>>70048580

Jeb, youre a tough guy
>>
>>70048951
Absolutely, which is why I said growth and used business as an example. It's investing in your future.
>>
>>70049247

Memes won't make you not an idiot, bruh.
>>
>>70049007

Ill bite, what job
>>
>American posts the reality of the daily struggle being in the steadily rising low income group
>Cucks in the thread start meming about muh economics and lowering corporate tax
>Meanwhile the highest income earners in the us continue to manipulate the system via lobbying and tax evasion (panama anyone?) to earn more money annually, all the while outsourcing labour and generally just dodging paying the fair share of the company to the workers. Not because they need it, but because money is a bigger drug than coke
>>
>>70049007
im 21 and get full benefits 401k dental medical and tuition

but I dont make 38 dollars . . yet
>>
File: allahsux.gif (1 MB, 294x240) Image search: [Google]
allahsux.gif
1 MB, 294x240
>>70042361
Think about if everything was way cheaper and you paid half the taxes you do now? Also its called college bro

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
>>70049419

Its the new monarchy, kings have ruled societies since they begsn
>>
>>70042361
>What exactly is supposed to "change" with Trump

Liberals go to bed with tear soaked pillows for 4 years.
>>
>>70043658
Bernie plans on raising taxes for even the poorest by 10% more.
As in, if you pay about 20% in taxes when they are done taking money from you, Bernie wants to up it to 30% to give community college hand outs for lib arts minors.

Trump will drop my taxes down to just nothing.
>>
>>70047652
>and I only took it out when I needed it, which was almost never until I moved out.
>until I moved out
>moved out
>Small loan of a gorrillion dollars
You're fucking delusional m8
>>
>>70044381
And you will now be saving for your whole life while living in your car just to buy a house in cash.
good job being scared of credit.
>>
>>70042361
At the very least you wont be hearing "white privilege" as much from cucks and niggers as they wont be given such a platform.

And that will be something. As you can see for yourself it doesn't exist, else you would be cruising in the middle easily by now.
>>
File: 1398187345014.png (258 KB, 1256x1075) Image search: [Google]
1398187345014.png
258 KB, 1256x1075
Hey guys serious question:

Assuming trump isnt a hillary planf.

Will they assassinate him?
>>
>>70050191
>moved out
>Small loan of a gorrillion dollars
>You're fucking delusional m8
I don't own a house, I rent. I worked for at least 3 years before moving out, so with plenty in savings I've never had to live from paycheck-to-paycheck. I never borrowed any money from my parents, not even when I wrecked my car and had to buy a new one.

>>70050418
Only if something happens to Cruz and they can't rig the election to make him win.
>>
File: 3-4-16bud-policybasics_2.png (225 KB, 1250x2199) Image search: [Google]
3-4-16bud-policybasics_2.png
225 KB, 1250x2199
>>70042422
>>70042733
>My large amount taxes taken from my check each pay period goes to those who refuse to work and rely on others to keep them alive
Literally 10% of our taxes go to safety net programs, and only a fraction of that goes to people who "refuse to work." Getting rid of these "parasites" - even if that were possible - won't do shit for your bottom line.
>>
>>70042422
If only there was some kind of socialism out there that's also nationalist

Well, until such a socialism is invented I guess you'll have to do with anti-immigrant corporatists, or leftist tree hugging multiculturalists
>>
>>70051179
ehh yes and no. That's only true for congress' discretionary budget.Welfare programs make up the vast majority of the total budget.
>>
>>70042361

>Makes $12 and hour
>Can't afford his bills.
>Can't afford medical.
>Still supports Republicans despite being against his well being on all accounts.

Conservitards everyone.
>>
>>70051450
Look at the pic. It includes both discretionary and mandatory spending, and safety net programs are listed separately from Medicare/SS. The latter is mostly for old people anyway, so the "refuse to work" argument doesn't apply here, either.
>>
File: 1448664955235.png (694 KB, 528x1239) Image search: [Google]
1448664955235.png
694 KB, 528x1239
>>70042361
You make 600USD a week, in America which already has low taxes, in America where the cost of living is substantially lower, and you are barely scraping by even by eating and drinking as absolutely cheaply as possible and buying in bulk?

I just cannot see how this can be true unless I've been wildly mislead about the cost of living in America. Your 'gas' is substantially cheaper and so are your utilities that's for sure. What's your weekly/monthly/whateveryoupayby rent?
>>
File: 1448668846483.png (476 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1448668846483.png
476 KB, 400x600
>>70051592
>it's morally okay to do whatever you want as long as you come out better off than you are now

>what is best for society is what is best for me as I am the only one who matters

>what is best in the short term outweighs what is best in the long term for a political system

>this is what liberals actually believe
>>
>>70051719
This. Anywhere in the midwest a single man earning 600$ a week is pretty gud.
>>
>>70051719
He said he lives some place where rent is expensive ("east coast"), so it's not surprising if he's spending more than half his income on rent.
>>
>>70051965

>Guy can barely afford to live, if he makes one mistake his entire life crumbles.
>BUT YA GOTTA THINK ABOUT THE GREATER GOOD MAN!!!!!

Conservitards.
>>
>>70051179
SS is a safety net retard
>>
>>70052178
>barely afford to live on $600 a week

He's doing something wrong.

Pull yourself up by your bootstraps commie.
>>
well it used to be eggs but then those chicken fuckers in Utah got bird flu and egg doubled in price and never went back down
>>
>>70043360
So, the main reason employers don't pay higher wages is taxes?
>>
>>70052209
So you want to get rid of SS? Which we pay into and get back when we're old? That people get not because they "refuse to work," but because they're literally too old to work? The program that enjoys broad, bipartisan support in the US? That no serious politician would even hint at cutting? Okay man, good luck with that...
>>
File: smuggie.png (219 KB, 494x368) Image search: [Google]
smuggie.png
219 KB, 494x368
>>70042422
>My large amount taxes taken from my check each pay period goes to those who refuse to work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRHCp9Wblro
>>
>>70051044
>So with 3 years of a rent and bill free ride, I managed to save a whole lot of money that I wouldn't have been able to on my own like op!
>>
>>70042361

dude i make like 24k a year and im putting away $500 a month and spending a couple hundred on shit like clothes. I also pay all of my own bills and live alone... so idk what you're doing
>>
>>70042361
Jesus Christ dude. Just move. If you're incompetent, you don't make a lot in the states. Come here. Our low skilled workers have it better due to oil money and strong unions. Just be sure to vote for trump before u leave the states. Fats are considered exotic here and don't struggle finding work. Besides we have a shitty work ethic so you don't have to work hard for your wage either
>>
File: 1450822886888.jpg (31 KB, 316x330) Image search: [Google]
1450822886888.jpg
31 KB, 316x330
>>70052871
>So with 3 years of a rent and bill free ride
Well excuse me for not being a god-damn orphan.
>>
>>70052664
I never said that... again, you are a retard
>>
>>70055825
>Recieves financial assistance from the state of mommy and daddy in the form of paid utilities and rent, probably food too
>Calls op a bitch because he's not financially stable like himself
Typical trump supporter. You are the direct beneficiary of the social welfare program of mom and dad and criticize others because they don't have their shit together like you do. And you fail to see the hypocrisy in it all.
>>
>>70056833
>having hard-working parents that provide for you until you're able to provide for yourself is a
social welfare program.
Ok, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>70057284
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlT1OMGD28

I think I found you at 2:02
>>
File: 1459278026325.gif (745 KB, 414x317) Image search: [Google]
1459278026325.gif
745 KB, 414x317
>>70055825
You're making long island look bad, everyone already thinks we're literally The Hamptons: The Island.

Shit is expensive. desu, I'm in a similar boat to you. I live with my pa and I dont need to spend any money other than on textbooks, which pa usually helps me with. and he doesnt make amazing money either. I'm getting an associate's and I actually had a job at waldbaums for a while until they got bought out, if you heard. The point is, I have about 3k in savings, and I need to build it while I'm still here or realistically I'll be spending on bills before I can get any cash in bulk to use.

The reality of most people's financial situations are too much to dismiss as simple incompetence. I save more money than all of my friends, but I still do not have a reasonable amount to live on, and since I more or less need to keep going through school in order to obtain a degree that qualifies, but doesnt guarantee me, a higher paying job to circumvent the eternal debt hole, I need to sacrifice more time I could be using to work or pursue personal hobbies (which I make time for anwyay, I live for me not money) to attend more and more classes so I can graduate from the community college and go for 2 years of a bachelor's, instead of paying 4 years worth of 10k+ at some overpriced fucking blowhard school. Even then, the workload will likely increase as I pick a new major (this way I will have an associate's and bachelor's with two separate subjects) so I will have less time to realistically apply for PT at...

So...you're either upper middle class and have no concept of what it means to be unsure of your future or trolling.
>>
>>70042361
I work 19 hours a week on $11 an hour.
I rent a room for $420 a month.
I rarely spend over $10 a day on food
I easily survive, with left over cash for weed.
I have no car.
I have been living this way for 6 years.
If you are capable of finding the time/means to blowing $2400 a month when your free time(outside of 7h/night sleep) amounts to 70 hours a week, congratulations - you're retarded.
>>
>>70043449

If you live in or near any big city, hit up CL for rooms for rent. You may find something under 400 a month you can afford without moving far away

If you're not willing to do that you're not serious about being financially stable or successful. Then again you probably wouldn't have moved out when you clearly can't afford too in the first place
>>
>>70056020
Look, I was responding to the OP complaining about his taxes being spent on "people who refuse to work," which for the most part doesn't include Social Security. Yes, it is a safety net program, but that has little relevance in the context of the discussion.
>>
Why rely on Trump? Find what you're good at and find a better career.

Did you ever look into the IT industry? There's a lot of titles out there that do NOT require a diploma.
>>
>>70059068
>420 a month

and that's when I realized

but seriously, taking the bait, that sounds a shitty apartment, and no car? Psh, why would you ever want to not have a car? Even if you live in a major city besides NYC, why would you want to lack to ability to evacuate if need be?
>>
File: costanza.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
costanza.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>70058519
I already said that I want to move. If you can't afford to live on LI, you should leave. Hell, if you can live here you should leave because there's no good reason to stay.

I dropped out of college because I had no idea what I was even doing, so after a year of trying to figure out what I was going to do my parents finally forced me to get a job, which I somehow managed to turn into a career.

I'm not upper-middle class, in fact when I went to high school there was a running joke among my friends that I was poor, because unlike some people I never bragged about buying expensive things, only really cheap things. I even told them how I got a pair of sneakers from Payless for about $9. I'm fine financially because I believe in self-sufficiency and being thrifty. Yesterday I spent 3 dollars at McDonalds and that's all I ate that day aside from a few cans of Diet Coke which I buy in packs of no less than 24. Financially I am fine, because I'm used to living like I'm poor.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.