[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Family kept telling me to major in what was "useful"/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: Dam.jpg (23 KB, 350x234) Image search: [Google]
Dam.jpg
23 KB, 350x234
>Family kept telling me to major in what was "useful"/ STEM
>Majored in EE at Berkeley with a 3.6 upon graduation
>No jobs anywhere to be found
>Routinely told to fuck off by employers
>"STEM need not apply" signs everywhere
>Now working at Burgerking contemplating life

How much did the STEM meme cuck me?
>>
>>70034192
>majoring in electrical engineering, yet still not being smart enough to get a job
>alternatively, not going to graduate school like any not braindead EE
>>
join the military. they love college kids. you get a bonus and your pay grade is higher than high school grads. also you will be placed most likely in your degree field.
>>
Stop posting this thread.
I'm starting to suspect that this is either a butt blasted libarts fag, or a shitty engineer who wants to help secure his future by dissuading people from getting STEM degrees.
>>
Please tell us more.

why will no one hire you??

are you a spic/nigger?

a SEA nigger?

a woman?
>>
>>70034192
>no internship
>no industry specific club
>no ieee membership

I hope you dream of Fourier transforms equivalent circuits while you flip burgers
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RGWUZQ5xCyw
>>
>>70034633
He can be an officer

he is retarded if he enlists instead
>>
File: Scheming_man_with_hat.jpg (77 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
Scheming_man_with_hat.jpg
77 KB, 501x585
>>70034192
>>Majored in EE at Berkeley with a 3.6 upon graduation
>>Routinely told to fuck off by employers
>>"STEM need not apply" signs everywhere

>3.6 GPA from Berkeley in EE

BULL SHIT.

POST YOUR DEGREE WITH A TIMESTAMP RIGHT NOW OR YOURE A LYING FUCK.
>>
File: dr.manhattan squint.jpg (12 KB, 256x243) Image search: [Google]
dr.manhattan squint.jpg
12 KB, 256x243
Is electrical engineering really that bad of a job market right now?

Asking because my brother is about to graduate with an EE degree next spring. He currently has an internship at the power company. I just assumed he'd have an easy time. Is this not the case?
>>
>>70035828
Might as well throw that degree away anyway
>>
>>70035894
i think its a big meme with EE people not finding jobs.
>>
>>70035894
He will have an easy time if he isn't a complete fuckup.
>>
>>70036067
>>>70035828 (You)
>Might as well throw that degree away anyway

Why?

You clearly don't have a degree from there.

Post it with timestamp within 10 minutes or you're lying and there is no reason for anyone to keep replying.
>>
>>70035445

This OP

Get involved in your community and show that you care more than the average graduate , and you should see results

Provided you have social skills for an interview
>>
>>70036189
>>70036208

So it's all just bullshit and the job market is fine?
I was under the impression that the only awful job market in STEM is if you're doing compsci, which has been a shit degree for like 10 years now and isn't on the same level as an engineering degree.
>>
Seen this thread 9000 times. You're lying. Post time-stamped diploma, I dare you
>>
>>70035894
>He builds his views based on a satirical racism board on an anime website

>>70036524
This thread is b8.
>>
>>70036647

Until if and when he proves it's not
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 506x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 506x337
Hey OP here's my story hope this helps:
>did phd in pure math
>literally any job I want
>300k starting
>>
>>70036722
None of these people ever post proof of their degrees. They either stop replying altogether to make new b8s or ignore the request
>>
>>70036555
OP's just being a faggot. The job market's probably going to be shit if you don't look more than 20 miles away. If you look anywhere outside your city, you'll be fine.
>>
>>70036788
Can confirm.
>>
>>70034192
>anti STEM shill makes another shitpost thread
POST A TIMESTAMP WITH A PICTURE OF YOUR DEGREE OR YOU ARE A LYING FUCK.
>>
>>70034192
The only useful part of stem is science
>>
>>70036844
yeah cause like it's so crazy to think someone would have an engineering degree. a lot of people aren't getting jobs with their degrees right now it doesn't matter if op is making his story up. You're on 4chan use your imagination.
>>
>>70036788
Nice meeem
>>
>>70037116
Sure, if you go to McBumfuck State University and get a degree with a 2.0 GPA and no internships then you might have trouble finding a job.
>>
>>70034192
>this thread again
didn't even change one thing, 2/10
>>
>>70037116
It's one of the most employable majors.

Also he got it from a good school with a decent GPA. A job is not hard to find at all with that.

People regularly post these meme threads, I don't think a SINGLE ONE has EVER posted a time-stamped photo of his degree to date.
>>
>>70035669
this.

a STEM grad can go straight to OCS and be a butter bar in 6 months. As an engineer officer. You wont get promoted to field grade as fast as West Point grads, but you can have a solid career. Especially if you are smart and get along with your higher ups.
>>
>>70036974
>>70036788
even bigger meme
>>
>>70034192
Move to a different part of the country
>>
>>70034192
Really? I majored in EE at the University of Michigan which is comparable and I have a job lined up after school.

I've had internships since freshman summer too. Did you just never intern or get involved with any extracurriculars on campus?

All my friends have jobs too and they don't have as high a GPA (3.75). Did you apply to only a few places or did you apply late instead of in the fall?

Just wondering because our schools and GPAs are comparable. This is really a great bait post
>>
>>70037297
>>70037309
Not everything is as cut and dry as you'd like it to be.
>>
>>70036555
Job market is fine for EEs as an EE speaking
>>
>>70037778
OK then I would like an unemployed engineer to post a photo of his degree from a good University on here, with timestamp.

Can I please see one?
>>
>>70037683
OP is literally making his story up. He posted the exact same thread with UCLA yesterday.
>>
>>70037902
I figured my bad. Yeah I had companies crawling all over my dick, anyone would with that good of school and GPA. I had 4 offers after only like 5 interviews and two of the companies flew me out to Texas (Texas Instruments and National Instruments).

EE is a great field, would recommend
>>
>>70037889
If you've never met anyone outside of your norm I guess that explains why you're on /pol/. Did you carry your diploma around with you after you graduated?
>>
>>70038129
No I don't fucking carry a diploma around everywhere. I keep it in a drawer with my other documents like everyone else.
>>
>>70038129
You are also on /pol.

Who said anything about carrying it around? If he is a recent graduate he obviously has it, framed as well(considering it's from Berkeley not some timbucktwo school).

So why is it so hard to post a picture of it? As soon as you ask them they stop responding all together it seems.
>>
>>70038256
That was what they call a rhetorical question. Tbh I gave my diploma to my mom I don't care to look at it ever again.
>>
>>70037683
Not OP but what internships would you recommend in NYC. Or how did you find yours

I looked for a few internships up here, but the only one I could find was IBM which is in upstate NY. I would have to rent out a place up there and I just don't have the money.
>2nd year student here
>>
>>70038389
Tbh you seem like OP with changed IP after he got called out.

Why would you give your mom your fucking degree?
>>
>>70034192
same shitpost every day you're not even trying
>>
>>70034192
Apply for a work permit here.
High wages and demand for good skilled
student. Also what's good here is that you don't
need tons of work experience to start here. Also english is the buisness language also in Switzerland.
I'd rather have a good skilled student from the us here, then 1 unskilled more asyl-refugee.
>>
>>70034192

EE would get you a job anywhere.

Did you bring a MLP plush toy to your interviews, perchance?
>>
>>70038537
Idk do you think I should have done something else with it?
>>
>>70039170
Yes you should frame it and put it on your wall, it's an accomplishment.

But you don't have a degree. You are lying.
>>
>>70034192
Stop posting this shit every fucking day.

PS you're lying since I haven't seen a time-stamped picture of your grade.
>>
I had no trouble getting an 80k job.

I did a 5 year BS/MS program though
>>
File: 1444688675485.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1444688675485.png
211 KB, 327x316
>OP spends his time on earth posting about a degree that he does not actually hold
>>
>He didn't network or do internships
>>
>>70035894
Yes, the entire EE industry (except rf) got nuked
But any software company will hire you if you can prove you program, and they'll double your EE salary
>>
>>70039279
What do you think I have to gain from lying?
>>
>>70039170

I keep mine in a drawer with my sports medals and other things I've worked to get

You spent 4 years working toward something . Why would you not keep it in your room ?

Also , I'm assuming Most people here use their pc in their house , so it's really not a big deal to take a picture (even on a phone) of your degree and censor the name and university , and post it

It takes 2 minutes max . It's good proof and you might get better advice on here if you do
>>
>>70040778
I don't know.

What do you have to gain from not posting proof when it takes several minutes to snap a photo and uplosd it?
>>
>>70041448
I'm at work silly :P
>>
I also never reveal anything about myself on 4chan its anonymous for a reason
>>
CS and EE double major and I'm working at Walmart.
>>
What do you call a CS major?

An engineering drop out.
>>
>>70034192
Oh, kinda same but I've just learnt programming
>>
>>70042592
Why do you go on the internet and post lies?
>>
Take your degree and go be a manager at kohls.. May take a few years but 6 figures and a ridiculous amount of "paid vacations" or team meetings on tropical islands. Retail sucks but when you make 6 figures for 42 weeks worth of "work" it's not too bad
>>
File: Shrill.jpg (25 KB, 669x377) Image search: [Google]
Shrill.jpg
25 KB, 669x377
>>70037313
What you're advocating is a government jobs program.
>>
File: 1459274442750.jpg (284 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459274442750.jpg
284 KB, 1024x1024
>>70034192

Go work for spacex or tesla, you faggot

they are literally hoovering the market for any kind of engineer

>tfw ITAR disallows me to work in the US ;_;

>pic unrelated
>>
>>70034192
>worked for company doing custom audio/video
>stemtrade.jpeg
>laid off after 15 years
>no jobs in my trade anywhere
>working maintenance at a church but it's mostly janitor work right now

At least they have good benefits I guess.
>>
Bachelors in chemistry is the biggest ripoff, people with masters end up working for 20 dollars an hour
>>
>>70042299
>I also never reveal anything about myself on 4chan its anonymous for a reason

No ones going to be able to track you down through a picture of your degree with name blocked out on an exif-stripped image.
>>
>>70034192

This copypasta is literally poison
>>
>>70044690
No I mean I play along. Too much self talk here is inversely related to my amusement
>>
>2016
>Not having a degree in the medical field of some kind.
Did you try doing any like, research?
>>
>>70034192
Wow your sad, I have 3.7 in plant genetics and have places offering to pay me 30K per year to go to grad school and get PhD along with my tution or I have been offered multiple jobs that pay 60K starting. There are 10 ppl in my class because no body want to do slavic stem, litterally no one. im glad no one wants to agricultral slav cause im ballin. not to mention got job ATM with university paying 18$ per hour

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
>>
File: 1453643765467.jpg (50 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1453643765467.jpg
50 KB, 396x382
>>
>>70038860
Ameriburger here. Currently enrolled in MSc. program at the University of Zürich. Tip tip gipfeli, medpack. Don't forget to tell him that the cost of living in Switzerland is out of control.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.