[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CALIFORNIA: LEGAL SUICIDE BY JUNE 9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Get-well-soon.jpg (310 KB, 1200x1145) Image search: [Google]
Get-well-soon.jpg
310 KB, 1200x1145
Doctor-assisted dying will be legal in California from June 9th
>https://archive.is/m8tLv

>Highlights:
[California Governor Jerry]Brown supported the bill via a special legislative session called to discuss (among other things) how the state should pay for doctor-assisted dying.
>End yourself
>Someone else pays for it
>Californians: Government until the end

With strict safeguards: two doctors must agree that a patient has less than six months to live, and the patient must have undergone rigorous questioning to make sure that he or she is of sound mind and really wants to die.)
>Suicidal thoughts = sound mind?
>Really?

...on March 30th the state’s senate health committee voted to pass a bill on to the senate’s appropriations committee that would establish a free telephone helpline providing information to those considering taking their lives with the support of physicians.

Sceptics fear that California’s new law will prompt a rush of medically assisted suicides. That is unlikely: in Oregon, which has had a very similar law since 1997, fewer than a thousand people have used it to take their own lives.

California is ten times as populous as Oregon, but its Department of Health Care Services predicts that in the first year fewer than 450 seriously ill individuals will ask the state’s Medicaid programme for a prescription of lethal drugs. And not all will take the pills they are prescribed.

For some Californians, the fact that there is a date from which people can choose to take their own lives with the help of medical professionals is deeply troubling.

Around one in five people in the Pacific region of the United States polled by Ipsos Mori for The Economist last year said doctor-assisted dying should not be allowed. Some of them will be counting down the days with dread.

But more—seven in ten in the same poll—supported the right.

For a handful who are terminally ill, June 9th cannot come soon enough.

>inb4 Less Californians: The Law
>>
assisted suicide and suicide are very different things
>>
Gooood :}
>>
>>70024847
good

suicide being illegal is pretty retarded anyway. i mean..... its suicide kek
>>
>6 months left to live

i am supposed to care?
>>
>>70024847
is...that pic...what I think it is?
>>
I think every state should have assisted suicide. It's nice knowing there's always a way out.
>>
File: 1459119738683.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1459119738683.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
>>70024847
>get well soon card
>>
File: didntask.png (858 KB, 1025x746) Image search: [Google]
didntask.png
858 KB, 1025x746
>>70025148
dont worry she gets better
>>
>>70024847
>Get-well-soon.jpg
That pic is really creeping me out. WTF?
>>
>>70024847
Californians killing themselves?
Sounds great!
>>
>>70025362
I'm surprised someone actually took the time to invalidate the intention of the artist in OP's pic.
OP pic is one of that artist's "tamest" pics, so it's nice to see someone fighting degenerate art by explicitly contradicting the sadistic idea that the original artist had with a sequel picture.
>>
Finally. It was more inhumane to not let a person decide whether or not they want to continue living. Not to mention the money it costs to keep terminally ill patients alive.

The result of selfish parents no doubt.
>>
>>70024847
this is what sadist pedos jack to...
>>
>>70025177
This, for any reason. I'd do it.
>>
File: 2016.jpg (99 KB, 1200x659) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
99 KB, 1200x659
>>70025177
your fucking stupid dude, we need assisted suicide for liberal states and niggers in the south.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.