[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In this thread I will post quotations from "The Mind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Adolf_Hitler.jpg (36 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Adolf_Hitler.jpg
36 KB, 620x372
In this thread I will post quotations from "The Mind of Adolf Hitler: The Secret Wartime Reporter" by Walter C. Langer.

The report was written by the Allies as a means of gaining a better of understanding of Adolf Hitler's psychology / mentality.

Please bump this thread if it interests you.
>>
didn't hitler literally have aspergers syndrome
>>
On Adolf's perception of himself

>"At times it seemed almost inconceivable that a man could be sincere and do what Hitler has done in the course of his career. And yet all of his former associates whom we have been able to contact [...] are firmly convinced that Hitler actually does believe in his own greatness. Fuchs reports that Hitler said to Schuschnigg during the Berchtesgaden interviews: 'Do you realize that you are in the presence of the greatest German of all time?'"
p.28
>>
>>70024963
Yeah kind of like everyone in your shithole.
>>
>adolf hitler was gay and ate shit, judging by this guidebook that says these are scientifically proven symptoms of antisemitism
>>
>>70024963
I haven't seen him diagnosed as such but from my understanding of aspergers I'd say it's likely he was "on the spectrum".

On Adolf's physical appearance

>"Hitler, from a physical point of view, is not, however, a very imposing figure - certainly not the Platonic idea of a great, fighting Leader or the Deliverer of Germany and the creator of a New Reich. In height he is a little below average. His hips are wide and his shoulders relatively narrow. His muscles are flabby; his legs are short, thin, and spindly, the latter being hidden in the past by heavy boots and more recently by long trousers. He has a large torso and is hollow-chested to the point where it is said that he has his uniforms padded. From a physical point of view he could not pass the requirements to his own elite guard."
p.42
>>
>>70024963
i have asperger, i am hitler
>>
>>70025349
He put all his points in CSM
>>
On the perception of some American journalists who met him

>"Dorothy Thompson, upon her first meeting, described him in the following terms: 'He is formless, almost faceless, a man whose countenance is a caricature, a man whose framework seems cartilaginous, without bones. He is inconsequent and voluble, ill-poised and insecure. He is the very prototype of the little man.' Smith also found him 'the apotheosis of the little man', funny looking, self-conscious, and unsure of himself."
p.43
>>
>>70025570
Jesus I'm getting an "angry kike" vibe from this book already. What a load of bullshit.
>>
On Adolf's sexuality and romantic life

>"The same is true with regard to sex. As far as the German people know he has no sex life and this, too, is clothed, not as an abnormality, but as a great virtue. The Fuehrer is above human weaknesses of this sort, and von Wiegand tells us that he 'has a profound contempt for the weakness in men for sex and the fools that it makes of them'. Hanfstaengl reports that Hitler frequently makes the statement that he will never marry a woman since Germany is his only bride."
p.49
>>
>>70024963
Yes
>and had rape fantasies
>and had negro and jewish blood ties
>and had 1 testicle and a deformed penis
>>
>>70025799

nothing wrong with any of that
>>
>>70025784
Just to note: the book, as far as I understand, wasn't written with the intention of publishing it, and was commissioned by the American political establishment as a means of understanding their enemy. The author relies mostly on secondary sources, rather than portraying Adolf as he sees him.

On Adolf's good moods

>"At such times, however, he is also very human. He shows an unusual degree of considerateness towards other and a certain tolerance of their weaknesses. When he calls half for meals he will not eat until his entire staff has been served. When an overzealous servant insists on serving him before others he will often get up and take the plate over to one of his lowly assistants. During all of this he is in the best of spirits and jokes with everyone around him."
p.60 / 61
>>
File: shirtless.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
shirtless.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
>>70025349
So this is a shoop?
>>
On Adolf's strongest appeal

>"Hitler's strongest point is, perhaps, his firm belief in his mission and, in public, the complete dedication of his life to its fulfilment. It is the spectacle of a man whose convictions are so strong that he sacrifices himself for the cause that appeals to others and induced them to follow his example. This demands a fanatical stubbornness that Hitler possesses to a high degree. 'Only a storm of glowing passion can turn the destinies of nations, but this passion can only be roused by a man who carries it within himself.'"
p.66
>>
On Adolf's early life

>"For over a year before his mother died, he did nothing, as far as can be determined, except lie around the house or occasionally paint a few watercolours. [...] He was self-willed, shy, and inactive. In Vienna, after his mother died, he continued this pattern even thought he was frequently on the verge of starvation and reduced to begging on the streets."
p.69
>>
On Adolf's procrastinating

>"Although Hitler tries to present himself as a very decisive individual who never hesitates when he is confronted by a difficult situation, he is usually far from it. It is at these difficult times his procrastination becomes most marked. At such times it is almost impossible to get him to take action on anything. He stays very much by himself and is frequently almost inaccessible to his immediate staff. He often becomes depressed, is in a bad humour, talks little, and prefers to read a book, look at movies, or play with architectural models."
p.72
>>
>>70025797
kek sounds legit
>>
On Adolf's rages

>"Almost everyone who has written about Hitler has commented upon his rages. These are well known to all of his associates, and they have learned to fear the. The descriptions of his behaviour during these rages vary considerably. The more extreme descriptions claim that at the climax he rolls on the floor and chews on the carpets. Shirer reports that in 1938 he did this so often that his associates frequently refer to him as Teppichfresser."
p.75
>>
>>70026192
>Written as a book for mass consumption
>it is an objective work, I swear!

Cmon man
>Hitler was flabby
He wasn't a young man in his 20's fighting on the front lines anymore.
>>
File: 1459432172113.gif (212 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1459432172113.gif
212 KB, 501x585
HE SAID THESE THINGS

HE DID THESE THINGS

I SWEAR

PROOF?

ANTISEMITE
>>
>>70028771
Again, the book to my knowledge was written for the American government by a respected psychologist / researcher in order to understand Hitler as best they could and determine his future decisions based on his temperament etc. It was only published and released to the public after the war.

>>70029022
I'm not shilling the book, I just find it interesting. The posts in this thread are from sources the author lists in the book, including diplomats, journalists, figures within the Reich and so on.
>>
>>70024963
hilter was [insert bad thing]
>>
On Adolf's tendency to flee stressful situations

>"Bayles reports two incidents that illustrate this reaction: 'Particularly noticeable is his inability to cope with unexpected situations, this having been amusingly revealed when he laid the cornerstone of the House of German Art in Munuch. On this occasion he was handed a dainty, rococo hammer for this delivering the three traditional strokes to the cornerstone, but not realizing the fragility of the rococo, he brought the hammer down with such force that at the very first stroke it broke into bits. Then, instead of waiting for another hammer, Hitler completely lost his composure, blushed, looked wildly about him in the manner of a small boy caught stealing jam, and almost ran from the scene leaving the cornerstone unlaid. His enjoyment of the Berlin Olympic Games was completely spoilt when a fanatical Dutch woman who had achieved a personal presentation suddenly clasped him in two hefty arms and tried to kiss him in plain view of 100,00 spectators. Hitler could not regain his composure or stand the irreverent guffaws of foreign visitors, and left the Stadium."
p.77
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.