[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is addiction a meme illness? There clearly is something going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: heroin.jpg (89 KB, 964x641) Image search: [Google]
heroin.jpg
89 KB, 964x641
Is addiction a meme illness? There clearly is something going on, because people die over it. Fatties eat themselves to death, pedos are unable to stop themselves from trying to hook up with underage girls online even after being caught, junkies OD and die, etc.

The mechanisms aren't well understood, but there's clearly something wrong with the physical structure of the brains of addicts that makes them unable to control themselves. It's difficult to say whether they are in control or not, but there must be some modicum of control if people are able to stop.
>>
Physical addition is real
Psychological addiction is just pussies who can't control themselves
>>
>>70019108
I like meth, but I stopped
>>
>>70019190
Why do you see so few casual hard drug users, then?
>>
>>70019190
Where do you draw the line? At the chemical level it's pretty much the same, isn't it?
>>
>>70019108
Yes.
Physical addiction is real, but it has no excuse for perpetuation if it can be ceased with no dangerous side effects.
Addiction to nicotine is a meme addiction, same as marijuana or masturbation.
Heroin is an example of a real addiction, one that can possibly kill you if you cut cold turkey and are sick enough.

meme addicts dont quit because they enjoy doing things more than they understand the negatives, but can quit any time if they would grow up.
Real addicts can try and quit cold turkey, but if they do it can be dangerous. I used opiods as an extreme example because if you quit cold turkey heroin you might go insane or kill yourself to get away with the pain of everything on your body hurting.
>>
>>70019190
As I get more redpilled on the structure of the brain, I realize that free will is much less free than you think it is. Like niggers are genetically predisposed to violence, people are born with a lack of self control, ability to regulate anxiety/depression, and so on. "Stupid" just means you've got something wrong with the structure of the brain that's preventing you from succeeding.
>>
addiction lmao. how the fuck can you be addicted to something? nigga just put the crack pipe down. you're cured
>>
>>70019108
reading this thread actually makes me believe that /pol/ are a bunch of uneducated 15 year olds
>>
>>70020194
Just this thread?
>>
>>70020312
most of the other threads are discussing politics, which sometimes just comes down to personal opinion.

but when you have people telling you that nicotine addiction is a meme, or that people who are addicts are just dumb....
its just sad
>>
>>70019108
The mechanisms are fairly well understood though. Hormones in our boddy have an addicting effect; dopamine and adrenaline are the most prominent, and cause video game adictions, sports addictions, and others.
>>
>>70019108
Most of you here are probably addicted to the internet if you struggle to break away and do other shit.

The leaf here >>70019190 is right to an extent but it's not as simple as muh self-control.
>>
>>70019658
>than you think it is.

Don't you ever tell me what I think again you fat piece of shit

>>70019385
>Why do you see so few casual hard drug users, then?

Because most hard drugs are so damn good most people CAN'T manage to be casual with it

specifically heroin, unless you are an extreme outlier, you will not be able to do heroin, the drug is literally perfection

>>70019387
>At the chemical level it's pretty much the same, isn't it?
PHysical withdrawls, if the addiction withdrawl takes a physical toll on your body, I would say its a real addiction

Losing sleep and agitation doesn't count
>>
>>70020071
>How the fuck can you be addicted to something

How dimwitted are you exactly? You know, withdrawing from certain drugs can actually be fatal. For example withdrawing from benzos can cause seizures which can kill you.

Fuck off you underage retard and get an education.
>>
>>70020933
>muh self-control.

It really is, if you give into psychological addiction you are just a mental weakling
>>
>>70021200
It's a result of environment. As stress increases, 'mental strength' or whatever the fuck you want to call it will go down. Look at Japan, look at /r9k/. You think shit would be like this several decades ago when we didn't have as much stimulation.

Or if you'd rather not analyze these trends, feel free to continue being an edgelord, whatever works for you.
>>
>>70021171
how about you junkies exhibit some willpower instead of blaming your problems on muh addiction
>>
>>70019108
Self control is a behavior that strengthens with use. The more you resist a temptation, the more easy it becomes to resist temptation.
By resisting your desires the more control you exercise over your life. Desires out of control can easily destroy you.
>>
>>70021400
Should clarify Japan: Hikikomori phenomenon most notably.
>>
>>70019108
Of course it's a meme
>use substance you know gives you cancer or degrades your brain
>omg bro I can't stop. It feels too good
>why am I getting sick ;_;
>please feel bad for me
>>
As soon as the burgers realize that addiction is an illness and not a crime, they can start pulling their 2nd world country back out of the gutter.
>>
I'm addicted to alcohol, ask me
>>
>>70019190
say taht to somone who has been mk ultrad
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.