[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Progressive Conservative (We're not talking about you, canada.)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: conservative_party_eagle[1].gif (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
conservative_party_eagle[1].gif
19 KB, 200x200
Who else here is /progressive conservative/? Literally I just want more freedoms:
>smaller gov
>no gun control
>pro-choice
>no welfare
>more equip police officers
>LGBT marriages legal
>decriminalize drugs
>possibly legalize?
>meritocracy, no AA
>free market
>no death penalty
>charter schools are good
>embryonic stem cells are okay
>free market health care
>airport security is okay
>no illegal immigrants
>euthanasia legalized
>no eminent domain
>separation of church and state is good
>redesign social security
>lower taxes
>terrorism is bad
>UN is okay
>>
>no death penalty

What are you, retarded?
>>
>>70003372
No, i support torture though.
:)))))
>>
>>70003518
In lieu of the death penalty, I think we should bring back exile.

We just need to buy some land in some shithole in Africa, like the D.R. Congo, and just throw all of our undesirables there.

If you're going to act like a savage, we're sending you somewhere you'll fit in better.
>>
>>70003188
You're a Radical centrist. Its the best thing really. You get to pick and choose and aren't beholden to any ideology / corrupt political party
>>
>>70003188
>>smaller gov
OK

>>no gun control
OK

>>pro-choice
Depends how extreme you are. In my view, when in doubt about whether an action is murder, you should refrain from doing it as much as possible, and legal restrictions seem justified.
>>no welfare
No welfare as a lifestyle, assistance for those fallen on hard times, to hep them through and get them on their feet again is OK with me.

>>more equip police officers
OK

>>LGBT marriages legal
I would tend to disagree, but that ship has sailed.

>>decriminalize drugs
Decriminalize use, determine which are actually seriously dangerous and prosecute the Hell out of dealers. Leave harmless highs alone.

>>possibly legalize?
See above

>>meritocracy, no AA
?

>>free market
Yes

>>no death penalty
Tend to disagree, but can agree that it needs to be applied more carefully.

>>charter schools are good
Can be, but need to be better regulated. Examples locally of charter schools going out of business in mid-term and stranding students in limbo make e cautious.

>>embryonic stem cells are okay
Disagree, use adult/artificial stem cells and see where you can get.

>>free market health care
Yes
>>airport security is okay
Yes

>>no illegal immigrants
In general, anything that is illegal should be... you know... illegal. A state has a right and a duty to enforce its own borders.

>>euthanasia legalized
Very cautious here, but Terry Pratchett's writing on this as he neared the end of his life have made me more thoughtful on the concept.

>>no eminent domain
At least, severely limited.

>>separation of church and state is good
Separation s OK, hostility not so much.

--continues below
>>
>>70005021

--continued

>>redesign social security
Yes. Those who don't need it should not get it -- the myth that it is a "trust fund" needs to be debunked and abandoned. I would be OK with leaving the current dal in place for those set to retire in the next 10 years, say, as their planning will have been based on what was promised.

>>lower taxes
In general, yes, simplification of the tax code is also necessary. I am not into a "flat tax," as some deductions and incentives seem desirable, but the current monstrosity is insane.

>>terrorism is bad
OK

>>UN is okay
You spelled "worthless" wrong. I guess I'd be OK with retaining membership -- Financial support needs to be severely curtailed, but they would have some use as a forum for discussion snd as a relief organization.
>>
>>70004497
>You get to pick and choose and aren't beholden to any ideology

What, then, guides your selection? Do you just flip a coin? Or go by "Muh feels?"
>>
I just found my spirit-party but it sucks because mainstream media will never promote such an ideology or candidate.
>>
OP, you don't know what progressive means, clearly. You are not a progressive if you want "smaller gov" and "lower taxes".
>>
File: 1456615917100.jpg (78 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1456615917100.jpg
78 KB, 800x533
>>70003188

This sounds pretty libertarian fampie.

The sensible "I want more freedom as an individual" kind, not the ancap "I want no government" strawman that /pol/acks regularly associate with libertarians.
>>
File: Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg (115 KB, 1312x1050) Image search: [Google]
Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg
115 KB, 1312x1050
>>70003188
>>free market health care
Meaning what?

Also attitude towards unions, deficit spending, wall street, financial regulation, capital control, foreign intervention, military?
>>
File: Angela-Merkel1.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Angela-Merkel1.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
>>70003188
As a foreigner living in the US I see...
Another Liberal that doesn't know he is a Liberal.
>>
>>70006491
>I don't understand where American debt comes from, the chart
The president doesn't set spending.
Congress does.
It literally *doesn't matter* who the president is when it comes to debt.
Pro-tip - Clinton had a Republican-controlled congress
>>
>>70003188
>>no gun control
At the moment owning a gun means you are a suspected terrorist. What is your opinion on thatn?

How about anti-air equipment, MANPADS etc? Mortars? Artillery? Landmines? Antipersonel mines? Military grade explosives? You can buy this stuff Pakistan. How about your America?
>>
>>70003773
Idiot, we'll end up with a new fucking Australia.

Imagine how bad shitposting will get!
>>
>>70003188
>>LGBT marriages legal
>>decriminalize drugs
>>possibly legalize?
>>no death penalty
>>UN is okay

This is argr, anon.
>>
>>70006743
Not answering the questions, the post.
>>
>>70005533
You go by muh feels to put it simply. But you decide on your positikn by analyzing each issue independent of whether its considered left or right or auth or libertarian or whatever. Its not viable for a party platform but its great for individually choosing where you stand.
>>
>>70006968
I meant the UN is okay meaning we should retain membership, but not that it's a great fucking thing.

Also gays should be allowed to marry - less protests.

No NON-CONSENSUAL death penalty, we just subject you to bad conditions like guantanamo bay until you break down

Decriminalize drugs so the niggers all overdose
>>
>>70007006
>Tax rates, trade regulations, and tariffs = all created by congress
>Listing who the president was makes as much sense as listing the #1 song on the radio that year
I am not answering the question, I am mockin the ignorance of the charts being posted.
Live in the US for a few years and you realize most *Americans* don't understand how their system works, let alone the rest of us.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.