[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BODY GESTURES = SAFE SPACE VIOLATION: EDINBURGH UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Head-shake.gif (478 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
Head-shake.gif
478 KB, 500x224
>Student accused of violating university 'safe space' by raising her hand
https://archive.is/mUiw5

>Link to policy
https://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/pageassets/representation/studentrepresentation/studentcouncil/Safe-Space-Policy-update-Mar-2015.pdf

>Hightlights
According to the association’s rules, student council meetings should be held in a “safe space environment”, defined as “a space which is welcoming and safe and includes the prohibition of discriminatory language and actions”.

This includes “refraining from hand gestures which denote disagreement”, or “in any other way indicating disagreement with a point or points being made”.

“Disagreements should only be evident through the normal course of debate,” it says.

Ms Wilson said she raised her arms in disagreement after being accused by another speaker of failing to respond to an open letter, despite in fact having made efforts to contact the letter’s authors.

A complaint was made against Ms Wilson, who was then subjected to a vote on whether she should be removed from the room.

Although the vote went in her favour, with 18 people voting to remove her and 33 voting for her to be allowed to remain, she was later threatened with another complaint after shaking her head while someone was speaking.

According to EUSA safe space rules, only gestures that indicate agreement are “permissible”, and then only as long as “these gestures are generally understood and not used in an intimidating manner”.
>>
Who thought that turning university into a hugbox is a good idea?
>>
It's sad that humanity's existence is at risk by many real problems yet people focus on their victim complex instead
>>
>>70000486
1984 was not an instruction manual.
>>
>>70001182
The western mind and therefore the western world is a house of cards that now hinges upon fundamental falsehoods which must be insulated from perception and the subsequent ridicule that will drive them from the psyche of man
>>
tell these niggers to kill themselves
>>
>>70000486
agreement through approved channels only... Is there are a more authoritarian use of the word safety? it's a suppression space.
>>
>/pol/ is against jailing women for every possible offense
What happened to this board?
>>
>>70000486
WTF are they smoking
Oh I got it.
It triggers the paralyzed special snowflakes ?
>>
>>70000486
what will these people do when they get in the real world? there is no safe space once you want to hold a job, or is that the next step?
>>
>>70002328
Any injustice suffered by women will be inflicted upon the men tenfold
>>
>>70002456
>implying they'll enter the real world and not just stay in the government funded higher education field
>>
>>70000486
Why do I feel like this stuff is coming down the pipes into business just like HR did
>>
i would honestly just start beating them all up
if raising a hand scares them, me punching them in the face should start a riot
>>
>>70002456
Government Jobs are the only thing keeping so much trash out of the streets
>>
>>70000486
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
>>
Liberalism is the opposite of free speech. Conservatives cant be trusted to not be fascist pigs unless they're censored. Now go into your free speech square and bitch about this.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.