[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beards in the Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 700x468
So the army is letting this faggot keep his beard. SJW's think Sikh's are being oppressed. It's so the gas mask makes a seal with your face to keep you from fucking dying. This faggot will be the first to die in a gas attack I guess.

The army was always for faggots. At least the Marines had balls to fight to keep women from combat roles.

Fuck your religious dogma. It's going to get people killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/04/us/sikh-army-captain-simratpal-singh-beard-turban/index.html
>>
>>69997991
captain smugbread, the butt pirate
>>
Only officers get to have moustaches
>>
The man is simply advertising his stupidity. These Asiatic people are a disgrace.
>>
>join the army as a Sikh
>what do you mean I have to shave my beard, that is racist and against my religon
>you decided to join out of your own free will, knowing we don't allow beards and require your hair to be short.
>racist
>b-but
>RAAAAAACIST
>ok, fine you can keep your filthy beard, we don't want to offend anyone

Now that he can get away with it, expect more beards in the military.
>>
>>69997991

It's OK because our issued M40 gas masks barely protect us from chemical weapons.

If you get caught in a gas attack you are going to die before you remove your helmet and eyepro, fish your gas mask out of the carrier, put it on and tighten the straps, clear it, and seal it anyway.
>>
File: 1324816169126.jpg (43 KB, 299x722) Image search: [Google]
1324816169126.jpg
43 KB, 299x722
Why do non-Christians need to be molly-cuddled constantly?

I don't fucking wear a big fucking cross on my chest and start crying when someone asks me to remove it so it doesn't interfere with my job.

Fuck's sake.

I hate this fucking generation entitled fuckwits who think that they're special and get to wear special clothing because otherwise they think they're offending their god.

Do you think god honestly gives a fuck whether you have long hair or not? For fuck's sake.
>>
File: snake.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
Every army needs a Snake
>>
>>69999170
not to mention 90 percent of chemical weapons use the skin as an entry point anyway.
If it happens in battle youre basically fucked hard with no recourse
>>
>>69997991
Is that something that would be disadvantageous for anyone ?
>>
>>69998999
Nice trips
>>
Any reason special forces are allowed to have beards? Or is that just movie shit
>>
>>69999038
Beards are already all over in the military. Mostly for dindus though. They get no shave chits by claiming that they get razor bumps. They then proceed to trim the beard up nic, which is not allowed. Good luck getting a dindu to follow regs though. Even less likely to find someone to back you up in enforcing the standard.
>>
>>69999694
From what I know, they arent allowed. Just do it anyway.
>>
>>69997991
They'll either learn and shave or find ways to survive anyway. Sihks are bred for muslim killing. I'm happy to see any such group.
>>
Wiggling Pickles
>>
>>69999715
>They get no shave chits by claiming that they get razor bumps

Doesn't everyone at some point or another?
>>
File: DD214 Blanket.jpg (37 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
DD214 Blanket.jpg
37 KB, 600x360
>>69997991

Pic related.
>>
>>69999694
They get respect from the towel heads. Towel heads don't respect shaved men at all

Also when you're in the field for a couple weeks at a time it's hard to shave
>>
>>69999170
>mfw imagining a redditard having even half the physical coordination necessary to do this while not crying
>>
>>69999694

To better blend in with host nation personnel, who often have beards.

Also beards are viewed as culturally desirable in the Middle East and Central Asia for men, when you go to talk to the village elder to try to get them to support your cause, it's better to have a beard as you will be viewed with more respect.
>>
>>70000064
Dindus can get razor bumps like you can't imagine because of the curly hair. However, nobody wants to face the race card bullshit so just being a dindu is enough to get one.
>>
>>69999694
They just don't give a shit.
Really depends on your chain of command.
>>
>>69997991

Sikhs have been exempt from regulations, even when some joined the strict Waffen SS.
>>
>>69999861
>>69999694
Special forces often coordinate with the locals and for the past decade, the locals have been afghans. Afghans don't take anyone without a beard seriously. At least that's what I've read about the subject.
>>
>>69997991

they're doing mask and helmet testing before his exemption is permanent and I think his exemption is just for in garrison, not deployment.

Personally I don't care, I think that in garrison you should be able to have a beard, there's enough exemptions for shaving bumps and shit that the military might as well make grooming standards for beards as they already do for moustaches, with the caveat that if you get deployed to an operational zone, you will have to shave for a gas mask to make a seal.

The Turban, if it passes helmet and gas mask tests.. I have no problem with either. It can look professional. The only problem with it functioning as a cover is that he can't just remove it when indoors.

But whatever. Religious freedom is a cornerstone of our country so we should make accomodations for it when we can. If he wants to remove kebab while wearing a Turban, no problems here.
>>
>>69997991
nobody uses gas, you fucking retard.

maybe give navy personnel some sabres as well, in case they'll have to go hand-to-hand?
>>
>>69997991
It was mandatory in the British army for Sikh members of the British Indian Army to be castrated. They were happy to be castrated apparently, they volunteer'd to have it done because they just wanted to get in and fight on the battlefields.

Seriously, but we let them keep their beards.
>>
>>69998863

he's a captain, see the insignia on his Turban?

also, NCO's and SNCO's can also wear moustaches.
>>
>>69999038
You can get a no-shave waiver for medical reasons. Mostly black guys. Special forces or intelligence don't normally shave either. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a religious waiver.
>>
>>70000187

Almost nobody has the physical coordination necessary to do it, especially in a stressful combat environment wearing full kit.

If you actually get attacked with chemical or biological weapons there is a 99.9% chance that you are going to fucking die.

You have all of 9 seconds to get it sealed on your face, and the rubber seal can be eaten away by blistering agents anyway, so it's essentially worthless unless you are getting hit with some kind of Riot Control Agent.
>>
>>69999694

if you're in recon or special forces units often times you simply don't have the facilities for shaving and haircuts. So they just let it go.
>>
File: 5745.jpg (198 KB, 523x720) Image search: [Google]
5745.jpg
198 KB, 523x720
>. It's so the gas mask makes a seal with your face to keep you from fucking dying. This faggot will be the first to die in a gas attack I guess.
>Fuck your religious dogma. It's going to get people killed.

Wrong m9
Canadian defence minister, who is a sikh and former soldier, developed a gas mask type specially designed to accomodate sikh beards.
>>
>>69997991
Yeah but Sikhs are the best of the martial races, the guy would rather die of a gas attack in war than compromise his beliefs.
>>
>>69999694
it's called, "going native", & helps with blending in & being taken seriously/being respected
>>
They've been letting the guy keep his beard for a while.
It just popped up on the news because lol social justice
>>
>>69997991
fuck off spic im sikh
>>
>>70000735
Harjit Sajjan is his name

>His Sikh beliefs requires facial hair that prevents the use of regular military gas masks, so Sajjan invented his own gas mask that worked with his beard, and patented it in 1996.[7][13]
>>
>>69997991
>It's so the gas mask makes a seal with your face to keep you from fucking dying.
Yeah, I'm sure when he gets sent back in time to the trenches of WWI he'll really regret his beard.
>>
>>69997991
This is a complete reversal of what i expected Europe to grow into.
> Fuck your religious dogma
was what the left painted itself to be.
> Lets instead rationalize this market (health, energy, transport etc) and have people scrutinize it via democratic ownership (if your paying for it collectively you better scrutinize what you are getting) and provide free higher education to create an informed demos to achieve this.
> we would all be managers in partnership.
The whole thing sabotaged by liberals, who will increasingly have less say as masses of ethnocentric interlopers direct the whole thing to benefit their own self interested, ethnocentric religion.
All this religous/ethnic rights BS is just a shit test for host societies and a way to keep their gang members from straying.
>>
>>69999170
Fucking this.

My unit insists on having them on us at all fucking times anytime we are in a field environment though.
>>
File: _1398824834.jpg (205 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
_1398824834.jpg
205 KB, 600x709
No.

There is no reason to be clean shaven in the military anymore.

The old reasoning used to be you can't form a seal with a gas mask with a beard but there are now gas masks that work with beards and used by many countries which allow their soldiers to have beards.

I am tired of seeing baby faced 17-19 year olds in the military, let them grow a fucking beard so they don't look like fucking children.

It's absolutely insane we went away with thousands of years of warrior beard traditions just because for a very short time during the 20th century it was impractical to use a gas mask with a beard.
>>
File: tactical_beard.jpg (115 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
tactical_beard.jpg
115 KB, 700x500
Beards were a long part of Western military tradition before chemical warfare.

Even after WW1 many countries allowed their sappers (combat pioneers) to retain their manly beards because of traditions that went back hundreds of years. Sappers and grenadiers as far back as the 17th century were traditionally large bearded men who were selected from among the tallest and strongest soldiers available. They were meant to be physically intimidating on the battlefield and were often expected to get in close quarters hand to hand combat.

Even when chemical warfare forced most soldiers the shave their beards for better gas mask fitting, most european countries allowed their sappers to keep their beards and axes.

Even on the 21st century modern battlefield special forces are allowed to keep to keep their beards. America is no exception and the infamous "operator beard" became famous during the war on terror.

tl;dr

This is a non issue.
>>
>>69997991
>implying western soldiers are going to be gassed soon
>implying they couldn't work a simple gas mask around a beard
>implying you're not just butthurt about your lack of ability to grow facial hair

I want Gillette to leave.
>>
File: british grenadiers.jpg (26 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
british grenadiers.jpg
26 KB, 300x299
>>70002521

Posting more sappers and grenadiers.
>>
File: FFL sappers.jpg (63 KB, 639x492) Image search: [Google]
FFL sappers.jpg
63 KB, 639x492
>>70002622
>>
File: military beard.jpg (16 KB, 236x359) Image search: [Google]
military beard.jpg
16 KB, 236x359
Also they don't have to be viking beards. Short beards on professional soldiers are fine too.
>>
File: canada combat engineers.jpg (41 KB, 555x397) Image search: [Google]
canada combat engineers.jpg
41 KB, 555x397
>>
>>69997991
sikhs are cool, idk what they're doing killing people because i'm pretty sure they're religion says not to. They're not muslims. Mormons get their special underwear and sikhs get their special shit. get a religion if you want special shit in the army
>>
>>
>>70000847
white butt licker. why arent you fighting for a free independant khalistan? Oh yea, I forgot when it comes to getting your own territory, you'd be fucked over by whitey
>>
File: kick logic to the curb.jpg (61 KB, 902x601) Image search: [Google]
kick logic to the curb.jpg
61 KB, 902x601
>>69997991
OP you know the best way to prevent death in gas attacks if you cant fit a gas mask over your beard? Dont start war with chemical weapon hoarding nations!

#WorldPeaceNow

Look at me being a huge SJW faggot. Make love, not war!
>>
Combat beards are ok
>>
So bro-tier
>>
>>69997991
Its not about gas masks, its about depersonalization, which is necessary in the military. But they were coerced out of their wise "don't ask, don't tell" the conformity ideology of the institution is and will continue to be lost. Beards and turbants is the least of their problems.
>>
Fucking sandniggers are just like beaners trying to drag their shitty 3rd world culture into America. Fucking build that wall and seawall already,
>>
>>70004157
Separate khalistan? Sikhs were created for India and for Hindus, why would they be separated from their own people?
>>
>>70005722
>the conformity ideology of the institution is and will continue to be lost.
Good. Who gives a fuck? Our military isn't fighting for our freedoms anymore. We don't need to be at absolute peak efficiency to guard some debt-fueled forward base in Germany.
>>
File: daily bigot.png (47 KB, 762x1107) Image search: [Google]
daily bigot.png
47 KB, 762x1107
>>69999221
False analogy, your religion doesn't require you to wear a cross.

When someone is required to perform a function of their work that violates a personal religious code, Christians are usually the FIRST ones to complain (for example, when being asked to bake a cake for a gay couple).
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.