[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The yoga class felt strange, as if I had somehow gone there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1459804458429.gif (1 MB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1459804458429.gif
1 MB, 555x555
The yoga class felt strange, as if I had somehow gone there in a misguided attempt to connect with what I thought was a part of my identity. Instead, as the class went on, I felt like an imposter. When the 45 minutes were up, I eagerly tried to scuttle away when I heard the instructor say 'nam-aasss-tay'.

The word was familiar to me. I'm a Hindi speaking Hindu girl from Mumbai. Namaste is my way of greeting Hindi speaking elders in my hometown Melbourne or a way of saying hello to most people back in India. But hearing namaste chanted by the white yoga instructor to a predominantly white class was unsettling. Really? If the yoga class itself wasn't white-centric enough, she really had to place the appropriative cherry on top.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-culture/why-white-people-need-to-stop-saying-namaste-20160401-gnw2xx.html
>>
>>69994803
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
>>
File: 008.jpg (51 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
51 KB, 636x358
>>69994803
OK fine.
all of you non whites: Throw away your cell phones, automobiles, televisions, air conditioners,stereos, lightbulbs,microwaves, cameras,refrigerators, modern clothing, and cancel your cable tv, internet and electricity service.
and here, you can have your bendy-stretchy dirt people hobby and namaste back.
>>
>>69995591
That's a Muzzie tradition, the one in your pic.

>>69994803
Also stop giving some sjw bitch views. Nobody in India gives a fuck about appropriation or whatever she is bitching about. Heck people would lose their minds if a white guy said namaste. They'd literally treat him like a best buddy :/.

I swear to God these second generation immigrants are the most insufferable of the lot. First gen wants to escape or seek a better life, they cling on to old values cus that's what they know, third gen is more of a local than an Indian but second generation is like a tranny, neither Indian nor western and fucked in the head, constantly looking for attention
>>
>>69994803
The classroom felt strange, as if I had somehow gone there in a misguided attempt to connect with what I thought was a part of my identity. Instead, as the class went on, I felt like an imposter. When the 45 minutes were up, I eagerly tried to scuttle away when I heard the instructor say "He-llo".

The word was familiar to me. I'm an English speaking White man from the USA. Hello is my way of greeting fellow English speaking people in my hometown of Gary or a way of saying hello to most people living back in Europe. But hearing "hello" chanted by a black "teacher" to a predominantly black class was unsettling. Really? If the classroom wasn't black-centric enough, she really had to place the appropriative cherry on top.
>>
>>69996296
POO
>>
>>69994803
Nothing worse in this world than when a white man says Namaste.
>>
>>69995591
Fuck off I like all those things and I don't want to shit on the streets and use my hand to wipe.
Fucking shit skins have to live in dirt
COME ON IS INSERT YEAR HERE I MEAN COME ON
>>
>>69994867
A jelly wobbler
>>
>>69996828
well done and accurate

I'm not clicking on that link, this sounds like a college freshman's opinion on appropriation
>>
>>69994803
pic looks like what happens when I turn my belly button inside out.
>>
>>69994803
I thought they were saying None-must-stay.
>>
>shitskin poo in loo rants about how a non-shitskin used her language, in a white man's language
The irony is lost on her.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.