[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>How to /pol/ >See shit criticizing islam. >So true,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Hitchens.jpg (124 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
Hitchens.jpg
124 KB, 308x475
>How to /pol/

>See shit criticizing islam.
>So true, damn sandniggers
>See post criticizing Christianity
>Disregard and post fedora memes.

>Complain about the SJW double standard with mulisms and christians.
>>
>see leaf
>ignore leaf
>>
>>69993920
You want to stay in your safe space? Is that it?
>>
>>69993693
regardless of the theology and theism, we can simply look at history and the societies that are produced by members of either religion. Christian nations eventually invented secular government, freedom of speech, religion, expression, association, whos citizens thrive. Muslim nations on the other hand continue to be repressive shitholes with few civil liberties for their men, but the men still have way more than their women.
furthermore, unlike Chrsitianity, Islam comes included with a political system, therefore it is damn near impossible to secularize. The wars and battles fought in europe between protestants and catholics eventually led to these compromises which made the western world surpass everyone else. Sunnid and Shias have been fighting for famn near the same ammount of time and are no where close to making the breakthroughs christian societies did in the 17 and 1800s.
>>
>>69993693
At this point in my life I don't really believe in Christianity anymore and Christianity certainly isn't perfect as it claims to be but there is a case for the existence of it.

When the muzzies fucked up Persia in the early Islamic conquests they converted a ton of people. Those people were non-religious. Zoroastrianism was their official religion but that was delegated only to people in top positions.

It seems like, in the absence of a religion, people will go to their conquerors religions. Just look at the mass conversions of typically atheistic Europeans to Islam.

Christianity is a cultural necessity at the moment. It would be great if people could unite under the banner of atheism to combat Islam but by its nature it isn't organized like an organized religion because it isn't a religion.
>>
Christianity built the modern world in which we live, everything else attempts to destroy it or be of inferior achievement. It's not difficult to see why some things are just better than others.
>>
>God is not great
>LITERAL NEGATION OF ALLAHU ACKBAR
Why did the jews kill this man?
>>
File: costanza.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
costanza.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>69993693
>implying Christianity and Islam are equal
>implying the negatives of Christianity could ever compare to the evil that is Islam
>mfw even Hitch would agree with me
>>
>>69995851

For the record I'm not defending Islam here.

And while I do think that Islam is flawed in so many ways you can not say that it is the only reason that the middle east is a shit hole.

Also worth mentioning that religious authorities in both Islamic and christian nation would often go against progress. This isn't unique to islam.
>>
>>69993693
The difference is that Christianity is our heritage while Islam is an alien religion our ancestors have been fighting against since its inception
>>
>>69993693
>be atheist
>criticize christians for centuries
>never say anything about mudshit religions or kikes aside from lip service
>people start to realize that the reason for this is because you know that christians haven't been violent for centuries
>people realize that you're just doing it for attention and not any actual principled belief

nice try.
>>
>>69996175
I honestly don't see a militant counter-force coming together to fight the heathen under the banner of atheism. I'm not sure I see one assembling in the name of Christendom either, but at least it has happened before.
>>
>>69996941
Well to be fair, they could just be pussies.
Christians generally won't kill you for talking shit, nor will they brand you apostates against God and, if you piss off the wrong Imam, declare a fatwa against your ass.
>>
>>69996941

>Christians haven't been violent for centuries.

There haven't been any crusades in the last few centuries we can agree on that but Christians haven't been violent for centuries is a bit of a stretch.

There are still plenty of hate crime and fucked up shit done in the world that's "justified" by christianity.
>>
>>69995851
Islam was developing excelling in science and mathematics during the dark ages, or it would be more accurate to say both cultures developed in spite of religion.
>>
File: abrahamic_animals.png (236 KB, 700x368) Image search: [Google]
abrahamic_animals.png
236 KB, 700x368
>>69993693
>>
>>69993693
I'm really getting sick of Canadian threads..
>>
>>69998283

:)
>>
>>69996552

Nice deflect when you have no argument leaf cuck.

>bu-but I wasn't defending Islam, it's also the west fault!
>>
>>69993920

Did he infringe on your safe space?
>>
>>69999563

Didn't the US arm and train Religious extremist?
>>
>>69998041
This desu.
>>
File: christopher_hitchens.jpg (26 KB, 301x475) Image search: [Google]
christopher_hitchens.jpg
26 KB, 301x475
>>69993693
I am a self-described fan of Hitchens.

When most kids went through the edgy stage of atheism, I went through the "quiet in your room and read, fap, play vidya" and never expressed fedora opinions.

It's safe to say I've read most of his books except one of his early 80s offerings, and many of his articles.

Hitchens, like the other modern fedoras (dawkins, harris, dennit), saw religion as inherently bad. But they all recognised how barbaric islam was compared to the others.

here he is all but naming the merchant for his dirty and disgusting habits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZTS6iVpSPI

Even Hitchens recognised there was something about christianity (and spirituality via religion) that he admired but couldn't name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9TMwfkDwIY

I don't believe in the authority and majesty of Christianity, but in the last year, after 8 years of fedoraism, I see the true value of Christianity that I think Hitchens saw in those last years.

It's not that Christianity is an inherently negative thing. There are negative aspects to it, especially the lack of critical thinking and belief in suspended laws of nature in favour of divine intervention. That makes believers intellectually lazy and easy to manipulate.

But it helps give a moral grounding for the masses, helps to pacify their worries, and gives an authority outside of themselves to rely on, without it being necessarily a corrupt thing.

I think the Church Fathers, Hitchens, and others, can recognise that perhaps religion (Christianity) falls into a place where it can be manipulated and corrupted, but on the whole it helps to guide a majority, who would act in an uncivilised manner without it.

see: society's moral relativism today. I believe that's directly linked to the drawback from Christianity.
>>
>>69998041
that is partially true, but there are two historical revisionist lie within your post:

1. there was such thing as "the dark ages". That's a may-may that resulted from trying to spark-notes a complicated and long history into something people could summarise in one sentence

2. >or it would be more accurate to say both cultures developed in spite of religion.

In reality, religious authorities were much more likely to be uninterested or unaware of scientific and academic pursuits outside of theology. Depending on the century, of course. It is true that Cordoba served as the only instance of an enlightened, learned Caliphate. But science being cock-blocked by religion, even in Islam, is another may-may.
>>
It's not double standard at all. Christianity is the core of values of the west, and atheism is only a vacuum helping islam to get in.
Atheism is marxist crap, internationalism importing barbarians into our homes. Sure christians try to be good christians and don't hate on "refugees", but the people making these muslims come here are atheists, and these atheists are the ones advocating islamic misbehavior because the only way atheism can exist is by attacking christian values. Why ? Because atheism virtue are the same as christian virtues, with only one exception being humility. Atheists are just christians showing off.
>>
File: 1451777417967s.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
1451777417967s.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
>>69993693
Ok. I will.
>>
File: 1455485674458.jpg (173 KB, 576x822) Image search: [Google]
1455485674458.jpg
173 KB, 576x822
>>69993693
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.