[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The internet is literally shaping society and we're watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Internet-IPv6.jpg?1361298852.jpg (479 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Internet-IPv6.jpg?1361298852.jpg
479 KB, 1000x750
The internet is literally shaping society and we're watching it. We're watching the growth of the internet and we're watching it change the whole political and social landscape.

What do you predict? What does this mean to humanity?

The entire globe is connected now, save for a few places.
>>
>>69985327
Britbong likes your post.
>>
>>69985327

uniform mediocrity
>>
Well we could easily start to take over we already leak out into normie space sometimes
>>
> sense of community disappears
> no one will have any trust
> this decade in 30 odd years will be known as the worst in history
>>
Gifted and talented smart people and rich people were already connected, for the most part. The internet merely allowed retarded people to be published worldwide.
>>
>>69986713
Community gets larger. Small communities stay the same. Just internet now.
>>
>>69987056
A human brain isn't designed for this kind of globalization, something will go wrong soon
>>
>>69987927
it already has. i used to think the internet was great, but i've learned just how wrong i was.

the internet should have remained an education tool. studies, sources, that sort of shit.

not facebook, not youtube...the worst elements of human nature are now being encouraged on a grand scale
>>
>>69987927
This. It's why cognitive dissonance is at an all time high. We're forcing ourselves to empathise with all the various conflicting areas of the entire world at once, and our brains are shutting down.
>>
>>69987927
>A human brain isn't designed for this kind of globalization, something will go wrong soon

How the hell do you know anything about the brain regarding this? Humans used to live in tribes. It's a waiting game as to when the hell we reach a point where our society can't evolve any further.

>>69989554
>the internet should have remained an education tool. studies, sources, that sort of shit.
>not facebook, not youtube...the worst elements of human nature are now being encouraged on a grand scale

And that did the internet only a little good in the early days until people wanted to have a little bit of fun and flexibility with it.

The internet is a whole new landscape for us. It's more personal, people are more of a stranger than they are IRL but they are further away, and it's the ultimate expression of freedom of speech.
>>
>>69991692

MEMES! I LOVE MEMES!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.