[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /pol/ think of bitcoin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: bitcoin.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
what does /pol/ think of bitcoin?
>>
>>69981020
Still don't understand how they have value.
>>
>>69981020
me and friend could be millionaires. But i just flushed free bitcoins down the toilet. I hate myself
>>
Could someone explain bitcoin to me in layman's terms? I don't understand the Wikipedia article about them because I'm stupid.
>>
>>69981020
I contemplate killing myself every morning for not buying them before they exploded in value.
>>
investment b8 for wage slaves lol

only the dumbest stoners i know invested in it

literaly the beanie babies of the 2010's
>>
I mined back in the early days because I liked the idea of it and people were using them for trading on sites I used for ebooks and shit.

I spent about 4 bitcoins on like $100 of shit, so i'm pretty upset. I partook in dogecoin but that got so inflated so fast it wasn't nearly as interesting or fun, and nobody took it so I mostly gave it away (did trade a good couple thousand away for games and stuff though.)
>>
File: doaboutit.png (92 KB, 237x373) Image search: [Google]
doaboutit.png
92 KB, 237x373
>>69981020

Government's hate Bitcoin because they lose control of regulation.

> And that's why I love Bitcoin.
>>
Great for buying dumb shit over the deep web
>>
>>69981020
The bane of central banks, governments, and Jews.
>>
Was always going to be a speculative boom and bust bubble. The amount of speculation is quite insane relative to how often bitcoin is used as an actual currency, which is not very often because the value of the currency fluctuates wildly and only so many people take it. I was surprised how high it went but it's going to go bust.

Bitcoin has a ton of technical limitations that is going to cause it to be abandoned eventually. That means its value is inevitably going to go to $0 and quite quickly. Pretty much anybody trying to buy bitcoins is trying to time the market which is retarded. Governments are also only likely to crack down on it more and make exchanging them for other currencies and services more difficult.

The real innovation of bitcoin isn't bitcoins themselves, but the blockchain, which is actually a really simple inexpensive secure way to do various types of financial transaction. The blockchain is the real innovation, bitcoin is just a fad.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.