[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the immigration like in Norway? I'll be studying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 24
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 300x188
What is the immigration like in Norway? I'll be studying abroad there soon, it be nice to know. Also tips on living in Norway.
>>
>>69978431
>What is the immigration like in Norway
low overall, but feels like its on steriods if you go to Oslo, since 80% of the people we let in go there
>>
>>69978431
>Also tips on living in Norway.
Dont talk to people while waiting for the bus, dont talk to people on the bus, dont talk to the bus driver, give everyone around you 1.5 m of personal space while not talking to them or looking directly at them
>>
>>69978431
If you eat like a barbarian with your fork in the right hand, people will be disgusted with you.
>>
>>69978431
Don't try to get into contact with people unless you're out partying.
>>
>>69978789
although I get what you mean, the guy is still american. its kinda expected of americans to walk up to your face and start talking about inane stuff. happened to me several times
>>
>>69978431

It's absolutely full of niggers and pakis if you come close to the cities... Oslo is like Detroit.
>>
>>69978789
What the fuck? Are you serious about this?
>>
>>69980140
Same here in The Netherlands. Don't try to start a conversation, it's not a common thing to do and most people aren't waiting for it or wanting it.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x451
>>69979919
>>69979486
>>69978789

Ya'll are some uptight snowniggers. Why do Europeans hate friendly conversation but love sucking kebab dick?
>>
>>69980140
Yuropeins are antisocial morons. Brain dead zombies.
>>
>>69980234
>Why do Europeans hate friendly conversation
>europe is one nation
what for you is a friendly conversation? you would walk up to me and say what?
>>
>>69980227
Is it like that all the time or just weekdays/work hours? I understand if people have shit to do, but that's nuts if that's all day everyday.
>>
>>69980292
we don't like it when people talk to us for the sake of it. in two minutes i'm never going to see you ever again, i've got no interest in talking to you about what i'm doing today.
>>
>>69980511
It is like this always. Don't try to sit next to people if there are more spaces availbale where you can sit alone. Just don't be too outgoing and talkative.
>>
Do Americans really just start talking to strangers on the street for no reason at all?
>>
File: image.png (567 KB, 640x844) Image search: [Google]
image.png
567 KB, 640x844
>>69980419
What the fuck? How is this so alien? How do you guys ever make friends?

>See something funny/weird with a stranger, remark on it, start conversation
>See a stranger doing something interesting, ask a question, start conversation
>observing art piece with a stranger, start conversation
>see a tshirt, start conversation
>overhear a conversation, interupt in a friendly or joking way, join conversation
>see someone, start conversation
>>
>>69980617
Fuck you It's called being social, and not a brain dead zombie staring at your phone when other people are around. It's about having a life. Looking at a screen is not a "life". When you are outside, there is no reason not to talk to others.
>>
>>69980746
No one is waiting to talk to you or anyone. Why would i want to talk to someone for a couple of minutes if i'm never going to see them ever again.
>>
>>69980419
>Why do Americans do x
>America is all one state
See? You faggots do it too.

Nigger we still get into yelling matches about the civil war. Texas and California hate each other. Alaska, Montana and Alaska are fucking mysteries. Food changes all over, even if we all like borgers
>>
>>69980746
>>See something funny/weird with a stranger, remark on it, start conversation

Keep your inane remarks to yourself.

>>See a stranger doing something interesting, ask a question, start conversation

Mind your own business.

>>observing art piece with a stranger, start conversation

You're ruining my enjoyment of this piece with your inane babble.

>>see a tshirt, start conversation

What the fuck?

>>overhear a conversation, interupt in a friendly or joking way, join conversation

MIND OUR OWN GODDAMNED BUSINESS. Fucking rude weirdo.

>>see someone, start conversation

Go away, I'm not gonna buy anything.
>>
>>69980832
But you don't have to have/develop a relationship to make a comment on something you see. Sure there are a lot of boring fucks out there but sometimes you meet someone you've never met before and have a cool conversation. I guess we're just from different worlds.
>>
>>69980832
>>69980714
It's called being nice.
Americans wont just talk to you to annoy you, but if an American has a question or something you can expect a short conversation. Maybe we are just friendlier?
>I'll just never meet them again
How do you know you wont make a friend? Or be going the same way? What a shit attitude. People here can recognize if you dont want to be talked to, but its also sort of rude if you try to kill the convo

Are bars silent in Europe?
>>
>>69980234
It's only true when you're around autists, which is who you've been talking to so far in this thread. Women absolutely love outgoing men, and so does non-autists.
>>
>>69980930
If you and I are sitting next to each other on a train or bus, we must talk to each other.
>>
>>69981113
>If you and I are sitting next to each other on a train or bus

Seats are usually in pairs in Europe, so I don't know how that would work.
>>
>>69981113
Definitely not true... i used to ride the train daily and never talked to strangers, most people didn't
>>
>>69980930
>Everything someone says is going to be inane

>I hate talking to people ugghhh so stupid

>I cant believe this person just asked me about my camera/car/bike UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>I wish I was at home reading the Koran

>Why is that American trying to be friendly to someone he doesnt know?

>my feet hurt
>>
>>69981093
Bars are a different story, that's where you go to with a purpose to socialize and talk and be outgoing. A bus or a train for example is not a social gathering or somewhere i want to be social and outgoing. Most of the time i am either too busy to talk or got other things on my head. They're one of the few places where you actually get some peace and quiet.
Ofcoursw if someone asks me a question i am gonna answer it, that's the polite thing to do. But i am not really looking for a conversation.
>>
>>69980746
>Interrupt other peoples conversations because you can't stand not hearing your own voice
>Friendly

So the famed American narcissism is real
>>
Euros, especially northern Europeans are extremely cliquish. People meet new people thru mutual friends, school or work.
>>
>>69981354
This.
>>
File: No.gif (49 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
No.gif
49 KB, 500x650
>>69980746
I think our american friend just pinpointed whats wrong with mainland europe.

>>69980832
You are talking to someone whos anonymous on a message board how do you not see that.
>>69980930
Mightier than thou, oh what would you wish to speak to a peasant for keep your inane remarks to yourself pissant.

This may be just way too focused opinion here, 4chan is not exactly a magnet for all the highly socialable non autists.
It's okay to talk to strangers guys, you're grown men now your mother isn't going to be mad.
>>
>>69981227
It's because you're a robot with socially anxiety and autistic.
>>
>>69981227
I think its more likely you wont talk to someone. But I dont think its weird if some nice older lady or some bro wants to talk or something.

You learn crazy shit from strangers. People are more interesting than these Eurocucks choose to believe. I met a black American woman in a flight in Kuwait who grew up 10 minutes from me in Houston, Texas. I even knew her apartment complex.

You have more in common with people than you think
>>
>>69981418
>if some nice older lady

That's fine. They're often quite lonely and you should indulge their babble.

>or some bro wants to talk or something.

Now you sound like you want to suck dick.
>>
>>69981559
Of course the swedes first thought of another male talking to him out of the blue is clearly going to revolve around wanting to suck each others dicks.
>>
>>69981350
From what I gather your scandinavian culture is too autistic understand the real life situation Im talking about. If you can say something witty but not rude you can usually get a laughing reaction out of the group and even be invited to talk with them. Oh no, everything everyone who isnt you says is inane. Whos the fucking narcissist here faggot?

You all seem so stuck up that you stop talking when someone walks by you and stare them down.
>>
>>69978431
Thinking about moving to norway too. Is there any jobs on the north for someone with engineering degree?
>>
>>69981631

No, I said that the American wants to suck a dick, because of how he writes. Accusing someone of something, does not in fact that you are that thing. That is an ancient leftist fallacy that you should avoid.
>>
>>69981354
Thats also generally how it works in America, but we arent so vastly anti-social in public
>>
>>69981691
Your best chance it is to claim that you are a gypsy or Albanian fleeing Croatian nazis. But then jobs are out of the question.
>>
>>69981716
>I said that the American wants to suck a dick, because of how he writes.
>dont use a fallacy!

You are actually retarded
>>
If you guys are mostly antisocial in nature, how do you hook up with the ladies?
>>
File: Ribeiro, Lais 15.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1540) Image search: [Google]
Ribeiro, Lais 15.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1540
>be me
>go to Japan
>Japanese woman approaches me wanting to know why I'm there
>start to have a good conversation
>feel comfortable so I start talking a lot
>she looks like she's getting annoyed at all this babble
>start getting nervous so I start talking more

Being American is a curse.
>>
>>69981719
>vastly anti-social in public

My corpulent colonial friend, you may consider if this choice of words convey what you want to say.

Mostly, I am perfectly fine with being left alone. I realized how much this means to men when I visited America. First time I order coffee and the coffee girl starts asking me about what I am going to do in the weekend. I couldn't believe that was happening. Small-talk doesn't happen here. It didn't annoy me, it just extremely unexpected. What annoys me however is that the new managers have imported stupid american ideas like shopkeepers having to greet and smile at all customers when I just want to be left alone.
>>
>>69981848
>"You're a fag, because you act like it!"
His reply:
>"You're the fag, because you accused him of being a fag!"
>>
>>69981998
>Small-talk doesn't happen here.

Yes it does. All the time. Not that personal in nature, however.
>>
>>69981998
Almost no one is going to shops anymore here. Especially young people don't anymore. Everyone is buying everything online.
>>
>>69981719
>>69981889
>Antisocial

I don't think you guys know what that word means.
>>
>>69982073
If you buy clothes, you have to try them on.
>>
>>69981777
Well i'm still studying here. And once i get my bachelors degree i planned to continue my studies in norway, that will probably make it easier for me too get a job there.

I didnt plan on just going there and be like ayy yo i wan da job.
>>
File: 1456078210230.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456078210230.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>Americans
>Small-talk

Fucking hell.
Just get out, the worst of the worst.

No one cares, you're annoying, fuck off.
>>
>>69981998
Is "Hello, how are you?" a normal greeting in Sweden?

We say it all the time here, but usually we dont even answer the question. Just return it, or just say Hi!

Kind of retarded we ask that question and dont expect an answer but whatever
>>
>>69981998
It can get really over the top here. You go eat dinner, the waitress asks you "how are you doing" like 7 times in the middle of you eating and/or your conversation with your friend/girlfriend

You go shop for anything, immediately sales reps start fucking with you. "Can I help you with something?". Yeah....leave me alone.
>>
File: 1448443343776.jpg (15 KB, 391x308) Image search: [Google]
1448443343776.jpg
15 KB, 391x308
Even better is when you go to the grocery store and the cashier starts talking to you about what you're buying and what you're going to make with it.

I can just imagine a scandi dying inside.
>>
>>69982267
I guess it's true that you guys are really that antisocial
>>
>>69982291
>Is "Hello, how are you?" a normal greeting in Sweden?

No, not any more. Once upon a time, you may have asked "Hur står det till?", but nobody does that anymore.
>>
>>69982293
>shopping in America

its fucking bad. Especially Lucky Brand. They want to know your life story
>>
>All the americlaps itt baffled by the fact Europeans dont want to listen to some retard commenting on the weather and other mundane crap
>>
>>69982Lulrude rude
Burgers
>>
What are you planning to study?
>>
>>69980292
We like to keep things at a distance. Americans are a suspicious folk to us, backstabby, if you will. People who are too openly buddy-buddy come off as disingenuous. I know you are use to "MUH FEELINGS" in america but in most countries in the north it doesn't go like that.
>>
>>69982436
itt swedes are incredulous when America girls ask them a simple personal question out of kindness or interest
>>
>>69981691
we have a surplus of engineers right now. I am personally a petroleum engineer and the only job I could get was school teacher.
>>
>>69982291
That's more or less reserved as a greeting for good friends or family.

A simple "Hello" is enough for recent acquiantances. The less words the better.
>>
>>69980140

Nordics and Norwegians especially will avoid social
contact during work hours then go out and
socialize in the evening or on weekends.

That's just how they do it.

t. have a Norwegian friend
>>
>>69982668
This is a common feeling in America too but its easy to tell a suspect guy from a regular joe
>>
>>69982707
Well i am studying mechatronics so its not typical engineering
>>
>>69980511
Personal space is sacred. You mind your business and we mind ours. Don't talk unless it's absolutely necessary.

If you try to strike up a conversation with someone in a bus stop, they will probably look terrified and walk away or call the cops on you. Only crazy people begin to talk out of the blue with people they don't know.
>>
>>69982786
More or less this. Socializing is reserved for friday nights and after a dozen beers.
>>
>>69982913
>If you try to strike up a conversation with someone in a bus stop, they will probably look terrified and walk away or call the cops on you. Only crazy people begin to talk out of the blue with people they don't know.

this is fucked
>>
>>69982825
>mechatronics
Good choice, our government wants more people to study that. You will find a job easy
>>
>>69982705
>asking a total stranger personal question
Just no
>>69983022
Noice
>>
File: image.jpg (613 KB, 1020x717) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
613 KB, 1020x717
>>69983022
>>69983022
>Balkan mechatronics
>Meccatronics

Remove.
>>
>>69983116
>"any plans for the weekend?" t. sweet coffee woman
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WÃ…T ID HAPPONING? t. Swedey Todd
>>
>all these people planning to immigrate to Norway

You know you're not much better than the arabs
immigrating into Sweden right? You are aware
of this yes?
>>
>>69980746
>What the fuck? How is this so alien? How do you guys ever make friends?
I keep in contact with all my friends from my childhood, meet some at school, some at work, some through friends and others at parties.
>>
>>69980511
Shallow burgers. You talk and talk and talk but you don't say anything. Just stfu.
>>
File: g2DQgr5.jpg (64 KB, 960x699) Image search: [Google]
g2DQgr5.jpg
64 KB, 960x699
>>69983016
But true
>>
>be in germany
>ask a guy if this is the right train
>literally just walks right past me, no fucks given
>have to get some gypsy woman to tell me where to go and she puts her hands on me, thankfully nothing was stolen
seriously though what the fuck europe
why are you guys so aspie
>>
>>69983184
>any plans this weekend
>personal question
Are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
>>69980746
MY GOD, you people are annoying aren't you?
>>
>>69983188
People from Balkan and the US is 100* better than Arabs, heck even Mexicans are better than Arabs
>>
>>69983338

No they aren't. If they are leaving their homeland
to live in yours they aren't better than arabs.

Don't you people get it. The problem with immigration
isn't just the ethnic issues that come up, it's also
the fact that you are embracing a person with
a traitor gene into your community. Those genes
will inevitably become a part of your gene pool.
>>
>>69983323
Not my words, the Swede's. Look at the thread.

>>69983245
Shallow mehmets. Everyone is below you

>>69983247
What an akward culture. Who can live like this? Im conviced that YOU are the weird ones. Not us burger huffers.
>>
>>69983311
That's a bit odd I admit. Talking to strangers is acceptable in two cases most of the time. 1; You wonder what time it is. 2; Asking for directions.
>>
>>69983437
But we go there to work and provide for ourselves, not for the gibs me dats
>>
File: oslo.jpg (153 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
oslo.jpg
153 KB, 980x735
>>69978431
stay out of Oslo
>>
File: Scandi buss stop.jpg (64 KB, 960x699) Image search: [Google]
Scandi buss stop.jpg
64 KB, 960x699
>>69982382
>>
>>69983500

You are abandoning your own nation. Doing that
is a clear sign that you have a traitor gene.

As such you should be unwanted in the host country.
>>
File: sgshshs.jpg (120 KB, 1300x1066) Image search: [Google]
sgshshs.jpg
120 KB, 1300x1066
never leave home without my "don't look at me, don't talk to me" kit
>>
>>69982913
>If you try to strike up a conversation with someone in a bus stop, they will probably look terrified and walk away or call the cops on you. Only crazy people begin to talk out of the blue with people they don't know.

not really dude.. if you start talking about inane shit they'll just look at you weird. if you ask something specific like "what bus goes to X" they'll gladly help you out
>>
>>69983438
I'd like to be left alone because I'm old and defeated by life but it's true, Scandis are notoriously autistic and they think this shit is normal.

Brits are pretty bad too. North America has a much more normal, less suicide-inducing social attitude.
>>
File: judge-and-jury.gif (15 KB, 390x178) Image search: [Google]
judge-and-jury.gif
15 KB, 390x178
>>69983329
Aaaaand this is why we get your bitches
Signed,

The World
>>
>>69983311
Maybe because our nations are already very social so we don't habe to be anymore?
There is also generally a big difference in social interaction between germans and italians or swedes and croatians and so on.
>>
What's the purpose in studying in Norway or a European country anyway? Aren't the best universities in the US? Wouldn't it be impossible to go study Engineering or whatever the fuck at Oslo since the classes would be in Norwegian?

Can someone explain pls
>>
>>69983585
Yea you got a point there, it is a bit hipocritic of me.
>>
>>69982391
It's more extreme in Finland than the rest of Europe. Even friends don't talk in public transport
>>
>>69983700
it's free. i mean, paid for by taxes
>>
>>69983837
Even as an American? And are the classes in English? Can I sign up for an exchange program and get a free education? What the fug
>>
>>69978431
>Also tips on living in Norway
Bring your own lunch to School/work food prices in the cafeteria is ridiculous high everywhere
>What is the immigration like in Norway?
right now 15.9% are immigrants, the 3 largest immigrant Groups are:
1: Poles. 100 000
2: Lithuanians: 40 000
3: Swedes 39 000
>>
>>69983700
>What's the purpose in studying in Norway or a European country anyway?
We had an Asian-American girl come to study electrical engineering here because in her own words, even though she'd have to pay her own tuition (no tax-paid full rides like for us citizens) and the cost of living was higher, it still worked out cheaper.
She also gets the bonus of being able to put studying in a foreign country on her CV.
>>
>>69983700

>purpose
It`s free

>classes would be in Norwegian?
Textbooks are in english and if there are foreing students they will do classes in english aswell.
>>
>>69983700
Most science courses are in english and the native tongue, the book are useually in english. You get the same education but cheaper.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x308
>>69983670
Yeah, right. Fat, right-wing conservative beta-neckbeards like you get the girls.
>>
>>69983901
http://www.studyinnorway.no/What-can-I-study

I think all of those are in English. I checked two random ones and they were at least. Yes it would be free for you too
>>
>>69983905
would it look better on your CV to have studied abroad or gone to a prestigious university in US
>>
FUCKOFF NIGGER WERE FULL
>>
>>69983901
You got to pay something, forgot what but its not a lot. Because you arent from europe. Also you need a visa.

Also classes are in english, but you learn norwegian too because later classes will be in norwegian. At least that is the case with mechatronics. Some programs are probably all in english.
>>
>>69984157
>http://www.studyinnorway.no/Masters-and-Bachelor-course-search/Programme/Gender-Studies-master-s-two-years
>>
>>69978789
What the actual fuck? Why is this? Because you guys have tons and tons of space or something?

Shit, people say Canadians are shy and less out-going than Americans, but what you're describing sounds fucking strange. I can still talk to strangers at a bus stop, especially hot young women, it's seen as totally normal. Or, hell, if I strike up a conversation with an elderly woman she'll be delighted. It's seen as polite.
>>
>>69984618
>These issues are central if you want a profession for instance in teaching and research, Public administration, NGOs/special interest organizations and culture.
>The Master's degree programme in Gender Studies will give the students competence on gender and the ability to work independently on central issues related to gender, feminism, gender equality, power and knowledge production. A central topic will be the use of gender as an analytic category and a critical perspective on central questions within science, politics, culture and social issues.
and here I was worrying what to do for my masters
>>
>>69984658
it's just nordic culture
>>
>>69980832
Yeah, I get that. Sometimes I'm listening to music and really into it, or I"m reading a good book, and I don't really want some faggot to start talking to me.

But if the situation calls for it, and I'm literally just sitting there staring at the wall (of the bus), why the fuck not? Are you a human fucking being? Why is it so hard to talk to another human being?

Here in Canada basically it is assumed to be okay to talk to a stranger, and if you don't want someone to talk to you, simply having headphones on or having something to read is a signal that you aren't up for random conversations.
>>
File: Capture.png (50 KB, 619x732) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
50 KB, 619x732
>>69983902

Don't just list the top ones, and don't use outdated shit either. There are so many niggers in Norway now...
>>
>>69981930
>be me
>go to Japan
>see cute girl with long, smooth legs at a cafe
>start talking to her
>90 mins later she is in my apartment and we are watching a Japanese movie together
>put my hand on her leg
>"anon...I...have a boyfriend"
>15 mins later I was 7 inches deep in her sweet, glorious Japanese pussy

- basically happened once/week for me. Then again, I'm a blond hair, blue eye'd Chad.

I took my lifetime pussy count from ~40 to ~100 just by spending a year in Japan. Lol.
>>
>>69984796

many in Oslo, rest of Norway is fine

and we're about to pass some of the strictest immigration laws in Europe

our politicians woke up in time, being neighbour to Sweden probably helped a lot
>>
>>69985064
>many in Oslo, rest of Norway is fine

I wouldn't say that it's fine. Far from it.
>>
File: 1459628904462.jpg (34 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1459628904462.jpg
34 KB, 600x337
>>69984988

>Look at me Asian
>I'm the bull now
>>
File: 1458539831503.png (7 KB, 365x247) Image search: [Google]
1458539831503.png
7 KB, 365x247
>>69985064
>rest of Norway is fine
Silly goy. Faen meg en neger på hvert hjorne nå til dags, hvor enn du er i Norge.
Er kanskje ikke like jævlig som Sverige, men man merker det definitivt.
>>
>>69984988
This definitely happened 60-odd times yes sir
>>
>>69984988
Tell me your secrets, Canadabro
Do Japs speak English, or do I have to learn Nippon in order to get some pussy?
>>
>>69984796
>outdated shit either
I used the august 2015 numbers, we have a big amount of shitskins, but they mostly live in Oslo east
>>
>>69985589
Japs speak English

If he fucked 60 Jap girls, 59 of them were ugly.

I've been all over Japan and 10's are very uncommon. It's a country full of tens of millions of 5's as far as the eye can see. Especially When you're outside of Tokyo or Osaka.
>>
I don't mind if a stranger talks to me, but I sure as hell would find it strange and would mention about it to my friends, cause it's so rare. Or it's ok to ask for directions but anything else is just downright strange if you don't know each others.

We never talk with each others.
>>
>>69982707
>petroleum engineer
What the fuck are you doing with your life, why are you not getting on the boat for US shale right now??
>>
>>69980227
Damn I think I belong there.
>>
>>69978789
>>69980140

Why are yuros so autistic? Hell, even Asians are less autistic and they live in more densely crowded conditions.
>>
>>69986834
It's a cultural thing I guess, although you can find exceptions. Norway is a nice place to live in, but fucking hell, the autism meme is real.
For example, I went to a party with some friends a few weeks back where even people sitting next to me didn't introduce themselves or started talking before I did. Once I did, they started talking and were friendly though, the problem is that everyone here is too fucking shy. Being outgoing in Norway is like being a shy autist in America, it sucks.
>>
ITT anti social Europoors who are obviously virgins . If a woman tried to have a conversation you would run away like a little pussy you are . Makes sense to me know why you all are getting ran through by mudslimes dick because you all are too cucked to say anything
>>
>>69980140

he's being serious - expect to be treated like you don't exist... don't expect anybody to talk to you, don't expect anybody to smile, don't expect casual conversation or common courtesy

do expect people to avoid you, do expect everybody to ask you how much more you like Norway than location of origin, so expect dirty looks when speaking English in public, do except lots of gypsies and diversity (if in large cities like Oslo)

you basically have to prepare for a monastic lifestyle and leave your emotions at home - it's better to merely subside on overpriced food, and be very comfortable with your own company

cold, hard facts
>>
>>69985480
Norwegian truly is a meme language
>>
>>69986834
>and they live in more densely crowded conditions.
Yeah exactly.

Go back a generation or two and most of us were subsistence farmers and fishermen with no neighbours that rarely interacted with outsiders. It's in our blood to be in very small, trust-based communities.
>>
I have a serious love relationship with Norway

I work all my life just to be able to learn norwegian, buy a small barn near a fjord and just listen to black metal all day

Why is life so unfair? I promise, I would be the best citizen there...
>>
Americans are fucking weird.
>Take some Mtn Dew Cherry
>Some kid comes up and say it is his favorite
>Take some Beef Jerky
>Some fat mom says it's to die for
>The worst part
>Can't mix my fucking beer
Also your bread is awful.
>>
>>69988567

if you admit to listening to black metal in Norway, you're liable to be instantly ostracized / mocked... take it from me, bro - as a diehard BM fan in Norge

the fantasy is exactly that - pure fantasy .... the Vikings have been dead for 1000 years, and based Skyrim-tier Norway only exists in mythology - it's a painful thing to concede
>>
>>69988752
I'm not the most social person but I'm still in awe of how anti-social Europeans can be. I internally spaz out a bit whenever a stranger strikes up conversation at the supermarket or in line or wherever. But I get why it happens. They're just being friendly. I don't have some retarded complex over it, where I am seething with an autistic rage for having to make small talk.
>>
>>69988752
>doesn't understand friendly small talk
>mixes beer
>still eats white bread

Maybe the 21st century isn't for you Svenskallsgardengarderos
>>
>>69988752
Outside of the big cities our food is awful. Even in most big cities the food is awful.

My city makes great pizza, that's about it.
>>
>>69988850
good things you guys are antisocial, and so am I

still, team Norge <3
>>
>>69986433
>moving to the US
I never thought about that, hm maybe I should try to get a green card
>>
>>69989070

the Atlantic is a massive divide - Northern Europe truly is a brutal, ruthless, frozen land ... it makes absolute sense why the culture produced black metal, Knut Hamsun, and Edvard Munch... it's like the frozen-blade innards of Hel have torn through the Earth's crust to form jagged mountains, and the survivors are still suffering from shell shock ... 6 months of perma-darkness, zero empathy between inhabitants ---- it IS a vicious climate, both in terms of temperature and culture

it's just the way it is (and that's how Norwegians justify it, overall)
>>
>>69989468
I remember reading about how the Finnish have this residual PTSD in their culture, because of all the thousands and thousands of soldiers who came back from the winter war were all pretty fucked up and never reintegrated properly.

So I can understand suomi being this autistic, having been beaten by shell shocked grandfathers, but I don't understand why or how Norwegians could have developed this way.
>>
>>69987249
>>69987942
You faggots sound like the real autists, because this is as far from the truth as you can get.

It's not common to talk to random strangers on the street like some fucking autist who doesn't understand social norms or personal space, but most people are friendly and outgoing, particularly in a social setting or if this situation warrants it.
It's really just about what you're doing. If you're waiting for the bus, you have no reason to talk to some random stranger. You don't have anything in common, you're probably occupied with your own thoughts and you don't know what's going on with the other person.
However, if you're in a setting where you share some kind of common ground, it's perfectly normal to start a conversation.

It's also about how society is changing. In the past, we had more tight knit communities and more relaxed attitudes, and it was far more common to talk to the people around you, because there was a strong sense of community. Some of this still exists, and I saw a lot of this growing up. My grandparents and parents would frequently talk to people at the store or at the market, or just people they met. There are still remnants of this to be found, particulalry with older store owners, at markets and outside the city.
However, as the cities grew and people started to move around more, some of the sense of community has disappeared. If you're visiting a place outside the larger cities, everyone's going to be talking to you, though.

Another important element that people seem to completely ignore is the energy and personality you're projecting. If you give off a positive, confident, outgoing vibe, far more people are going to start talking to you. I frequently end up talking to strangers. And this is where Americans and some autistic Norwegians fall flat. They don't know how to analyze a person's mood and adjust their approach accordingly, but react to every person with the same mindset.
>>
>>69988850
> the Vikings have been dead for 1000 years, and based Skyrim-tier Norway only exists in mythology - it's a painful thing to concede
Skyrim was a fucking horrible depiction of norse culture. If you use that as a yard stick, there's something really fucking wrong with you.

Also, if you want to experience Norway at its best, get a boat and travel the southern and western coast of Norway. The smaller communities are really old fashioned and friendly, and the nature is one of a kind.
>>
ITT:
> Americans who should definitely not go to Norway

I lived and worked in Europe (especially the north) for nearly a decade. I was perfectly comfortable not talking to almost everybody.

I never liked or enjoyed my life in the U.S. where random strangers would walk up to me and expect me to entertain them at the top of my voice while I was busy doing my own things. I loved people leaving me the fuck alone in Europe.

When I returned to the U.S. and every foul-breathed lardass imaginable started walking up to me and shouting into my face, I felt like I was being physically assaulted. I'm still not used to it, now five years later.

I really hate the screaming loud American. I never liked them to begin with, but now I feel outright hatred for these assholes.

Even when they don't assault me directly, I still have to listen to them screaming at each other, either in person or over the phone. I really, REALLY miss being able to stand at a bus stop with 30 other people and 10 or 12 of them would be talking on their cell phones ... and you had to look carefully to find out that anyone was on their phone. If you just stand there texting or surfing the 'Net, you'd never know more than two people were talking quietly on their phones.

In the U.S. I have to listen to every fucking detail of someone's morning bowel movement and afternoon doctor's visit being shouted into phones around me all day long.

Most Americans are just assholes out loud. It's not being "sociable." You're being an asshole and you need to shit the fuck up and stand back three feet. You're God damned breath stinks like dogshit and your fucking cheap Walmart "perfume" smells like a fucking chemical dump.
>>
>>69981350
>>Interrupt other peoples conversations because you can't stand not hearing your own voice
>>Friendly
>So the famed American narcissism is rea

this seems like an english thing to me.
>>
>>69989641

they've never been any other way - there was no catalyzing event, it's in the blood... although Nazi occupation during WW2 seriously rattled local self esteem, and made Norway generally much more xenophobic and averse to conflict

it's a land of blunt minds and behaviors, people who prefer quiet, reliable organization, solitude, bureaucracy, and predictability

there is no spark of ambition or irreverence in the people ... it's such a small community of people, there's a perpetual concern for maintaining a good reputation through feigned modesty and adherence to the status quo
>>
File: Summer.jpg (825 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Summer.jpg
825 KB, 1600x1200
>>69989468
Yeah, it's hell man.
Or, you know, the most comfortable place on earth.
>>
>>69989740
>this is as far from the truth as you can get

that's absolute bullshit - be honest! there are few places on this planet more introverted than our region... try not to get triggered simply because I'm admitting we're not like Jamaicans or Italians
>>
>>69990036
I take it you're not Norwegian, because the level of bullshit and ignorance you're spouting absolutely insane.
>>
>>69990176
Not my fault you're an autistic retard.
>>
>>69978431
Bergen, Oslo and Trondheim especially is full of niggers and sandniggers.
Rest is fine.
There is nothing wrong talking to people. If you're not autistic you will catch the drift if people don't want to talk to you after you start a conversation.
>>
>>69989740
I agree with the points you're making, perhaps I should have explained myself better.

I'm not saying that it's a good idea to start talking to anyone standing next to you at the bus stop etc, because the idea of leaving strangers alone is so strongly integrated in our culture. What I mean is that from my experience, a lot of people seem to be too hesitant or shy when they don't want to.

And what you said about energy and personality projection is absolutely right, which is why I pay attention to it in order to avoid coming off as annoying or weird. Being able to read people is vital.
>>
>>69990222
>goi
Guys, we have an intruder.
>>
File: bernie.jpg (922 KB, 1119x954) Image search: [Google]
bernie.jpg
922 KB, 1119x954
>>69988752
>>Can't mix my fucking beer

wtf?
>>
>>69989912
>Skyrim was a fucking horrible depiction of norse culture. If you use that as a yard stick, there's something really fucking wrong with you.

for fuck sake - you think I do that merely because that's the ... fucking forget it, dere er håplose

folk snakker om det jævla spillet all the time whenever I'm abroad - it's like among the first things that ever come up.... Vikings, black metal, polar bears, and Skyrim

glem det - jeg tror dere bare later som dere ikke skjonner poenget mitt
>>
>>69981691
In the north of norway they are in need of engineers right now. Atleast thats what an article in the paper said a couple of months ago.
>>
>>69990309
>Bergen, Oslo and Trondheim especially is full of niggers and sandniggers.
It's only Oslo.
>>
>>69981093
The bars in europe are like fucking clubs in USA.
We're silent and restricted at day time and on the weekdays. When the weekend comes we go maniac.
>>
>>69990222
>>69990185

so fucking funny how you get SO insanely triggered by self reflection - have fun with your autisme, and I'll go back to mine

fy faen it's like clockwork - vi tar faen meg ikke selvkritikk
>>
>>69980140

You're not to think you are anything special.
You're not to think you are as good as we are.
You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are.
You're not to think you know more than we do.
You're not to think you are more important than we are.
You're not to think you are good at anything.
You're not to laugh at us.
You're not to think anyone cares about you.
You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Just follow these rules and you will have no troubles.
>>
This sounds pleasant. I hate it when people talk to me randomly when I am waiting for the bus. Don't people understand it is disruptive?
>>
>>69983753
Just out of interest, we tend to get unrationally annoyed when people talk with their friends or on the phone during the bus ride, is this the case i fauxsweden too?
>>
>>69990345
I've noticed how important this is personally. I've had good and bad periods in my life. When I was younger, I had a period where I was relatively introverted, and strangers would rarely talk to me, because they could sense that I had no interest in it.
However, as I grew out of it and became more confident, people around me would notice, and would be more likely to make jokes or make small talk. But again, in Norway, conversations are always based on something. It's not just a "hi, how are you?" to a random stranger.

Either way, I honestly don't get the meme about Norwegians being cold and unfriendly. I've always felt a strong sense of trust, safety and overall friendliness in my community and in my city. The lack of empty small talk on the bus doesn't change that.
>>
>>69990789

dette
>>
>>69990579
You actually do sound like an actual autist. I'm not saying it in the meme sense. You sound angry, self-loathing and reactionary.
I don't know where the fuck you grew up, or why you're so angry, but your bullshit doesn't reflect my experience at all.
>>
File: triggr.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
triggr.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>69988322
Whåt did u just såy to mæ mothærfucker?
>>
>>69990789
This, the glue of our society
>>
>>69991368

jeg må være -- I must be honest: your appraisal is your own and that's fine, but I'm none of those things - not that reality matters anyway, of course, because only a self-loathing dangerous virgin autist would ever DARE blaspheme against the infallible paradise we've created here

>13 tips for å bli flinkere til å prate med fremmede! - 0330.no

jeg gir opp, vi kommer aldri til å forbedre oss - nå må jeg stikke... skal gjemme meg og onanere autismen min, kanskje ta med en pils / er ikke helt sikker
>>
File: jante.jpg (44 KB, 306x585) Image search: [Google]
jante.jpg
44 KB, 306x585
>>69990789
>>
>>69991272
I think the meme comes from the fact that most Norwegians use more time than many foreigners to become friends, since a lot of us already have cliques and such. The community itself can be nice if you're already a part of it, but I can understand how "outsiders" might feel that it's hard to get a foot in, because like you said communities are very tightly knit together.
>>
>>69990789
why do the most beautiful countries and inheritors of the greatest cultures on earth have to have retarded tall poppy syndrome cucks for citizens
>>
>>69980140
Scandinavians are autists to a man
>>
>>69980746
>talking to a stranger and destroying their sense of peace and subverting their personal space

You Americans truly are niggers
>>
>>69991728

be careful what you say around here - it's perfect in every conceivable way! don't even hint at a potential inadequacy

I'm retreating back to my autism cave before the angry people call me more scary names
>>
>>69990044

Hel =/= Hell btw
>>
>>69991938
What a pathetic, self-loathing cuck you are.
You remind me of the self-loathing American clichè, who can't do anything but talk shit about his own country. They were particularly common back during the Bush administration.
>>
>>69991938
pls explain this law of jante shit and if i actually went to scandanavia would it be culture shock?
>>
>>69992317
I'm aware, but unless you grew up in Hammerfest, nothing in your post about the supposed frozen wasteland that is Norway is true.
I think we had about two weeks of snow this year. Last year, there was nothing.
There's a shitload of rain, though.
>>
>>69990789
And if you want to become something you must ignore this stupid norm.
Fuck Jante
>>
>>69990789
>>69978789
>>69979486
>>69979919
>>69980419

Well. I finally understand why black metal spawned from your country.
>>
>>69992385
No, it's a satirical law from some Danish book that was written long ago, and versions of this law exist in just about every culture on Earth, whether it's anglo, norse or Asian. It's really just about the resentment and jealousy some people have of people who succeed.
>>
>>69992382

really? kult - you called me a bunch of weird names and ascertained that I literally do nothing else except perpetually talk shit

>cuck

that's a good one - it's like a silver bullet, it's impossible for you to be wrong now
>>
>>69989740
This. We need to remember that this is the fucking internet. Everything we're gonna hear is going to be exaggerated. Just like Germany isn't a fucking war-zone right now, us scandis are not COMPLETE fucking autists.

We got a couple of foreign students in my class at uni, and they got integrated in our social cliques almost instantly. If you are outgoing you'll be fine.
>>
>>69992382
Not the guy you replied to, but talking shit and trying to debate something or point out flaws are not the same thing. If our culture truly is flawless, there shouldn't be a need to resort to name-calling and getting mad.
>>
File: Human-accomplishment.jpg (93 KB, 1200x967) Image search: [Google]
Human-accomplishment.jpg
93 KB, 1200x967
>>69990789
But Americans literally are superior to Nowegians in every category.
>>
>>69992552

det er jo ganske kjolig her - but I'm a furious, cucked, self-loathing, autistic virgin - so I don't really understand temperature or how the sun works

besides... I broke rules 3, 5, 8, and 10 of Janteloven - I expect to be rightfully crucified
>>
>>69989468
Thats not true. The zero empathy between inhabitants that is.
We have a insanely high feeling of community and friendliness. This is because evolution made it so that people who helped eachother during the harsh winters, building housing and storing food together survived.
The reason we're hard to talk to on the fucking buss is because why the fuck do you talk to randoms on the buss?
Niggers in africa doesnt need that shit, they can sleep outside under a tree or inside their mudhut.
>>
>>69993242
Actually laughed. Hard.
Nigger.
>>
Holy shit you folk are quite literally retarded
>americlaps just come in your face with stupid fucking questions and opinions never shutting the hell up
>nordics are cold and autistic and won't bother looking at you let alone give you attention or answer you

Like holy shit both of you are socially retarded.
>>
>>69993590

>Like holy shit both of you are socially retarded

kek

unexpectedly, that cracked me up
>>
>>69993060
When did I say our culture was flawless? I said the specific points he made were wrong.
Look at this idiotic hyperbole: >>69989468

Norway has plenty of flaws, but few of them are found in the traditional nature and culture of Norwegians. Most of our flaws come from the self-loathing, apologizing cowards like him. That mentality of subservience and inferiority is going to be our downfall, just like in the US.
>>
>>69993329
>but I'm a furious, cucked, self-loathing, autistic virgin
Yes you are. You're also shit at being sarcastic.
>>
File: RomanianBeggerNorway.jpg (108 KB, 980x654) Image search: [Google]
RomanianBeggerNorway.jpg
108 KB, 980x654
>>69993590
And then there's the Romanian.
>>
>>69993893

haha I was being facetious, bro - chill out

>self-loathing, apologizing cowards like him

him who?!! not ME?!!!!

>That mentality of subservience and inferiority is going to be our downfall

absolutely agree! it's a simultaneous inferiority-superiority complex, very dangerous
>>
>>69993893
>Most of our flaws come from the self-loathing, apologizing cowards like him.

So what you're saying here is that most of our issues stem from those attempting to point out any issues we might have? If that's not proof that Janteloven is alive and well, I don't know what is.
>>
>>69994045

what part came across as sarcastic? this thread is full of NO U! it's beautiful
>>
>>69980111
Is there a positive social word like "cool!" in any scandinavian language?
>>
>>69980419
Lovely day outside. The bus seems to be delayed again. Have a pleasant day at work.
>>
Norway is a-okay
>>
>>69994205
>So what you're saying here is that most of our issues stem from those attempting to point out any issues we might have?

If you're pointing out issues that aren't there, then yes, that's a problem. We have an entire political wing dedicated to doing that.

>>69994183
>i'm so random!!! ^_^;;;
>>
>>69981385
American jew here. You northern Euros don't seem very talkative. I get that not everyone wants to have a full discussion on the bus to work every morning but you are very vocal about it.
>>
>>69994429
Yeah. The sky is blue. There are cars on the road. You are wearing shoes. How fun it is to list random observations!
>>
>>69994628
Yes. When people start talking about traits you may or may not have, you're likely to going to get a reaction from the people you're talking about.
Like if I said that Jews are greedy.
>>
>>69994372
Yes we got two words for that: kult and heftig it is used in the same context as the American cool
>>
>>69981163
underrated
>>
>>69994514

wait, is that a weeaboo face? what are you DOING? I can't handle more triggering
>>
>>69980140

You dont talk to strangers unless you are shitfaced.

Talking to strangers while sober is weird and unnatural.
>>
>>69995410
>so randum!!!!
>>
>>69991221
yeah it is. Fennoswede usually talk with their friends on the bus though
>>
>>69995753

that's what weeaboo girls say, and I resent your implication!
>>
Since there are so many Norwegians in this thread, tell me about some beautiful places worth visiting when I go on a roadtrip there. The quainter and comfier the better. It will most likely be somewhere in the summer.
>>
>>69984658

Norway is actually interesting in the way farms and villages are spread out.

In most countries farms and villages tend to cluster their houses together. if there are five properties close by, one usually find that the homes are built pretty close together.

In Norway you will find the homes as far away from each other as possible.
>>
>>69990013
I am 23, I have had maybe 2 conversations in my life with strangers. It is most certainly american.
>>
>>69978431
This also applies for norwegians.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7swOT0JajQ
>>
>>69996692
Also, are all you americans such wine-sipping faggots?
>>
>>69978789
I think I'd do well there
>>
>>69996414
driving around in lofoten could be interesting i think
>>
>>69978431
Remember to not talk about religion unless you know someone fairly well. Its considered a private matter.infact many would be far more at easr talking about their sexual history.
>>
>>69996414
Geiranger.
Im from a village in the same main fjord, and the landscape is fucking amazing.
You should drive up the west coast, visit "Sogn og Fjordane" and end your trip at Geiranger. Do it.
>>
File: BUILDWALL.jpg (95 KB, 980x514) Image search: [Google]
BUILDWALL.jpg
95 KB, 980x514
jesus christ don't listen to these fucking autists.

1 tip, don't go to Oslo, you couldn't pay me to live there.
>>
>>69997907
>>69998488

Noted, thanks boys.
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.