[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do souls really exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1342614535616.jpg (175 KB, 666x500) Image search: [Google]
1342614535616.jpg
175 KB, 666x500
Do souls really exist?
>>
>>69974855
yeah
I just used some of mine to level up my vitality
>>
>>69974855
Not from my capsule.
>>
>>69974855
Does poo really exist outside of the street?
>>
>>69974933
>tfw I have to farm souls the old fashioned way, I can't just sink boats full of Africans
>>
>>69974855
>the human consciousness can go against everything its brain and body tell it unlike an animal

they have to be real

>inb4 but muh brain is too advanced

if it was so it wouldnt allow half the shit we allow today
>>
>>69974997
it is all about the 3 Ls
Location,Location,Location
unfortunately they do not yield much each but at least they come in bulk
>>
>>69974855
"soul" is a symbolic representation of the core of one's "essence"

It's a meme magic spell, and right now you're you're casting "dispel" on it.

Don't do that. People don't like it when you do that.
>>
I think it is, anon.

There's no reason not to enjoy life reasonably and ethically and still count on heaven. Worst case scenario we're somehow wrong, and then we're no longer conscious to regret it.

If we're right, which I believe we are, then we have eternity in heaven as well.
>>
>>69975011
How retarded do you have to be to believe this?

There is no evidence that human behaviour is influenced by anything other than your physical brain as part of your body.
>>
>>69974855
Kind of. We're light with a stream of consciousness being transmitted through meat-bags that allows us to interact with a manipulatable reality.
>>
>>69974855

only one way to find out!
>>
>>69975181 (cont. & sage)
I hope I'm reaching out to some of you by posting in these threads like this.

Every now and then you'll catch me explaining how meme magic works.

Don't pull these people out of the psychological traps. They're stuck in them for a reason.
>>
>>69974855
no, toilet ghosts aren't real
>>
>>69974855
that topic belongs here >> /x/
>>
What people think are souls are the emergent property of neural networks, namely input weights, backpropagation and depth/width of networks. For some reason humans have developed a system of neurons that allow for self-awareness and more while every other animal has not.

Taken at face value with current science, these networks and any properties they have will undergo entropy when their owner dies. So the "Soul" dies with it. Before death the body is not a closed system so it rejects entropy by consuming food for energy.

A God that is omnipotent and omniscient and beyond our understanding could probably still store and move a consciousness after death. If you distill a neural network down to it's simplest form, it's basically a giant list of real numbers from 0 to 1.

God or Not, there is still benefit to having traditional values and widespread worship.
>>
File: 1380856053284.jpg (18 KB, 256x204) Image search: [Google]
1380856053284.jpg
18 KB, 256x204
>>69975181
This. Only scholars who understand magic get the importance of a soul.
>>
>>69974855

Your are a ''soul'', controlling a physical body.
When your physical body dies, your soul ventures away to ''soul-only'' locations. Some spirit sometimes end up lost in the material world though.

Source:4 paranormal encounters
>inb4 crazy
>>
>>69975181
Thx 4 explain meme magic
>>
>>69976170
R A R E
A
R
E
>>
>>69974855

Nope. We're all just bundles of neurons in calcium, walking around in fat and muscle, consuming calories in hopes of passing on our genes.

Any meaning we must find ourselves, and our only afterlife is the legacy we leave after we die.
>>
>>69975777
What reason you ask?

Consult Ecclesiastes for more information.

Meme magic is the hobby of those who found a way around the frustration of the futility and relentless irony of existence.

When you can see the humor in creating a cult of penis mutilating goat herders in the desert, you'll understand.
>>
>>69976722
He who increases knowledge increases sorrow.
>>
>>69976722
Basically, you can't convince people that it's their insistence upon being so serious that locks them out of the Garden of Eden.
http://principiadiscordia.com/book/49.php
>>
>>69974855
if you mean a personality psycology yes but theirs no reason to believe anything further
>>
FOR YOUR
ENLIGHTENMENT

THE PARABLE OF THE BITTER TEA

by Rev. Dr. Hypocrates Magoun, P.P.
POEE PRIEST, Okinawa Cabal

When Hypoc was through meditating with St. Gulik, he went there into the kitchen where he busied himself with preparing the feast and in his endeavor, he found that there was some old tea in a pan left standing from the night before, when he had in his weakness forgot about its making and had let it sit steeping for 24 hours. It was dark and murky and it was Hypoc's intention to use this old tea by diluting it with water. And again in his weakness, chose without further consideration and plunged into the physical labor of the preparations. It was then when deeply immersed in the pleasure of that trip, he had a sudden loud clear voice in his head saying "it is bitter tea that involves you so." Hypoc heard the voice, but the struggle inside intensified, and the pattern, previously established with the physical laboring and the muscle messages coordinated and unified or perhaps coded, continued to exert their influence and Hypoc succummed to the pressure and he denied the voice.

And again he plunged into the physical orgy and completed the task, and Lo as the voice had predicted, the tea was bitter.

"The Five Laws have root in awareness."
--Che Fung (Ezra Pound, Canto 85)
>>
>>69974855
Kill yourself to find out family
>>
So what is it that made Douglas Adams say "42"?
>>
>>69974855
Do loos really exist?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.