[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright faggots, what do you know about this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: disapproving zizek.jpg (153 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
disapproving zizek.jpg
153 KB, 768x1024
Alright faggots, what do you know about this man?
>>
he's a slobbering slovak
>>
>>69973662
Babbling pseudo-intellectual being passed off as a "philosopher".
>>
>>69973690
>implying amerifats aren't slobbering swines
>>
retard loved by the most poserish academics only
>>
>>69973662
At the beginning of this
century, a Pole and a Jew were sitting in a train, facing each other. The Pole was shifting nervously,
watching the Jew all the time; something was irritating him. Finally, unable to restrain himself any
longer, he exploded: “Tell me, how do you Jews succeed in extracting from people the last small coin
and in this way accumulate all your wealth?” The Jew replied: “OK, I will tell you, but not for
nothing; first, you give me five zloty [Polish money].” After receiving the required amount, the Jew
began: “First, you take a dead fish; you cut off her head and put her entrails in a glass of water. Then,
around midnight, when the moon is full, you must bury this glass in a churchyard …” “And,” the Pole
interrupted him greedily, “if I do all this, will I also become rich?” “Not too quickly: replied the Jew;
“This is not all you must do; but if you want to hear the rest, you must pay me another five zloty!”
After receiving the additional money, the Jew continued his story; soon afterward, he again demanded
more money, and so on, until finally the Pole exploded in fury: “You dirty rascal, do you really think I
did not notice what you were aiming at? There is no secret at all, you simply want to extract the last
small coin from me!” The Jew answered him calmly and with resignation: “Well, now you see how
we, the Jews …”
>>
DUDE IDEOLOGY LMAO

DUDE STALIN LMAO

DUDE SNIFF LMAO
>>
>>69973662
Chronic rhinitis
>>
File: 1455328732250.jpg (11 KB, 347x145) Image search: [Google]
1455328732250.jpg
11 KB, 347x145
>>
someone post some links to his best work please
>>
>>69974515
now that I think about it I think I've seen him on the big think before
>>
>>69974515
http://youtu.be/WuT2VarnzSw
>>
He's a Marxist philosopher who is sort of new-rightish in some respects.

My general view of him is that he's subconsciously kind of a right winger but deeply in denial about it.

He's always talking about how European identity needs to be preserved and such, but he justifies it using these weird leaps of logic that frankly are more or less classic BS.

Here's an example of what I mean:

He once made this video about political correctness where he says 'political correctness is bad because it's a more dangerous form of totalitarianism, if your dad screams at you to visit your grandma, you won't feel as bad as if he says, 'I know you're such a good person that you will love visiting your grandma.' The latter, he says, involves more psychological pressure, because it makes 'being a good person' contingent on wanting to meet your grandma, thus the coercion reaches deeper, to a moral level. Then he goes on to say the better way to fight right wing racism, is with left-wing racism. I don't mean racism against whites, I mean he's saying that left-wingers should start saying good spirited nigger jokes to black people, and the black people will laugh along with them, creating massive 'intimacy' and 'closeness' under which right wing racism will fall right apart.

Now there's two possibilities:

1. He actually believes all these mental gymnastics about 'left wing racism' or

2. He's really just a pretty typical pollack who hates political correctness, only his conscience would never let him admit it, hence the mental gymnastics.
Like, I dunno.
>>
>>69974682

This is an example of Zizek at his absolute worst.

He can say smart things at times, but this isn't one of them.
>>
File: 1310845204015.jpg (45 KB, 399x549) Image search: [Google]
1310845204015.jpg
45 KB, 399x549
>>69974682
>The design of the toilets *pinches nose, smooths mustache* has fundamental differences *sniffs, pinches nose, smooths mustache*
>>
>>69973662
*sniff*
>>
PURE
>>
>>69975542
This man is a fucking mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxGLL0yuBYs
>>
He's literally the meme philosopher of our age. And there's nothing wrong with that; he has a lot of quirky ideas that he knows not everyone will agree with, but it seems like he understands that that's just a part of life.

Plus, he's super-comfy to listen to on YouTube while you play gs games.
>>
looked him up since a pervert's guide to cinema was so enjoyable.

in every other video i've seen hes a SNIFF babbling cokehead, i was really disappointed.
>>
>>69973662
sniff
>>
>>69977360
>He's literally the meme philosopher of our age.
True, but he's a refreshing change from Noam Chomsky.
>>
>>69973662
>man
not a freeloading commie shithead
>>
File: WTF.jpg (53 KB, 351x364) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
53 KB, 351x364
>>69973662
Looks like Sean Bean turned into a fat slob.
>>
*sniff*
>>
>>69973662

I really liked "Did Somebody Say Totalitarianism"
It BTFO's the "Trump is Literally Hitler" people and identity politics. But you have to know a lot of philosophy to understand it.
>>
>shits on neoliberalism
>has some good ideas
>*sniffs*
He's cool
by the way his Serbo Croatian is pretty good
>>
Interesting guy with a lot of bad ideas who fills books with nonsense and a few recycled jokes, either becsuse he wants to troll the Left or because there's nothing else he can do with his skills.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.