[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cooking & todays society
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: 20160404_233851.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160404_233851.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Why can nobody fucking cook anymore? People eat at restaurants every day and THEN complain about raising the minimum wage and not being able to afford student loan payments.

I made a pizza today out of fresh, organic ingredients and it cost me less than $10. It would have costed me at least $30 + $10 tip if I bought it from my favorite pizza place.

High schools should teach people to cook. Its not fucking hard
>>
>>69973321
Same with giving the kikes $5 for a cup of coffee. Learn to make your own.
>>
I think Highschool used to teach thatx in home ec.

Don't have that anymore. My highschool (when I lived in murica) was too broke to afford a biology teacher so we didn't have biology. Also couldn't afford to replace the Physics and Chemistry teachers so we didn't have those either.

That's public schooling for ya.
>>
>>69973321
That slice is a shameful slice.
>>
>>69973321
A pizza from my favorite pizza place is $10. It's also family owned.

Where the fuck do you live where you pay $30 for a pizza. Georgia here.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (203 KB, 2043x560) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
203 KB, 2043x560
>>69973321
It only cost less if your time is worthless. I regularly buy large pizzas for $9 each from Pizza hut. Ready within 15 mins and tastes great.

>inb4 m-muh organic non-gmo ingredients
>>
>>69973321
>People eat at restaurants every day

only in America. In Italy we go to the resturant twice a week at most.
>>
>>69973650
>Pizza Hut poison & complete shit vs. Organic ingredients made yourself
Wew lad. You also drink the really shitty cheap milk with hormones?
>>
>>69973466
This
Why are university students shovelling Starbucks with their hard earned money every morning?
>>
healthier
cheaper
attractive skill to have

totally agree OP
>>
>>69973538
>My highschool (when I lived in murica) was too broke to afford a biology teacher so we didn't have biology. Also couldn't afford to replace the Physics and Chemistry teachers so we didn't have those either.

jesus christ, Australia
get it together

Mississippian here (from an extremely poor, rural area) who took physics, 3 different chemistries, and a couple calculus courses

didn't have a calculus book.
the teacher printed out notes from the interwebs
>>
>>69973650
>if your time is worthless
And here we are shitposting on meme websites all day long. Clearly, our time is very valuable and we should order the garbage for $13 because God forbid we leave the keyboard for 30 minutes.
>>
>>69973742
Don't kid yourself, fast food is infinitely cheaper than cooking for yourself. Organic food is fucking expensive unless you eat shit tier organic like beans.
>>
>>69973650

they have the 2 topping larges for 7.99
>>
>>69973321
Nigger, buy a crock pot.
>10 minutes prep
>6 hours on law
>delicious food every time.
>>
>>69973958
*low
>>
>>69973921
>fast food is infinitely cheaper than cooking for yourself.
Just... WOW.
It IS cheaper in the short term, but I hope you are ready with big $ in the long term to buy a new liver among other organs.
>>
>>69973742
Organic food is not substantiated by science you stupid, cuck. Enjoy paying higher prices for a label with no actual nutritional benefit.
>>
ITT: Americans and what they consider a pizza
>>
File: 1446089396882.png (54 KB, 1096x697) Image search: [Google]
1446089396882.png
54 KB, 1096x697
>>69974076
>science
So explain to me with your jewish science why so many people are dying of heart failure and suffering from obesity?
>>
>>69974020
with the cost savings i'm sure i can afford a few backups
>>
>>69973321
Because I work 12 hours per day, five days a week and last I want to do is spending hour or two dancing in kitchen since I enjoy consumption, not playing with my food. It's women job, not my fault somebody trolled them into believing they're more economically viable outside the house.
>>
>>69974267
or you will randomly have a heart failure and die.

see >>69973884
>>
>>69973321
High schools used to teach people how to cook then that got removed in favor of more busywork and 3.5 hours homework a night.

It keeps kids off the street and the community safe!
>>
>>69974394
scary

remind me to pick up some $9.99 organic onions tomorrow :^)
>>
Pizza is a godawful example. It's labor intensive and doesn't save you money. The big providers edge you out hard, even for premium pie.

Steak. Chicken Breast. That's the kind of shit you should compare.
>>
I was concerned a few times while paying for food products. It looked like I've gave double the amount for cooking products in relation to pre-produced meals containing whole periodic table or pizza from nearby restaurant.
>>
>>69974330
>It's women job
whatever the fuck that means
>can't get a bitch to cook him dinner
>mad

bruh
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-05-10-07-13.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-05-10-07-13.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>69973321
Looks like frozen pizza to me, I'm doin pic related today
>>
>>69973321
Your 'za looks like shit 2bh famalam

t. /ck/
>>
>>69974529
chicken can't compete either. pound for pound it cost less already cooked and ready to eat than it cost buying raw.

we've all seen those $4.99 roast chicken in grocery stores right?
>>
>>69974738

It doesn't though.

You can get breast as low as 1.50 per pound. You pay less for all the good stuff, and it's obscenely easy to prepare.
>>
>>69973321
>high schools should teach kids something that parents traditionally did, fuck family recipes. That's daddy government's job.
I live off of grilled meat, stir fry, million way breakfast food, and pasta which are all easy as fuck. It's not fucking hard to learn shit on your own or hell, even the Internet.

Problem is, you gotta get off your ass first, and we don't teach that in school.

>>69973930
And 2 unlimited topping mediums for 6.99 each.
>>
>>69973921
>>69974020
It's not cheaper to do fast food. What your gonna lets say eat 2-3 pizzas a day thats already 20-30 bucks. When I used to weightlift managed to get away with 7-8 bucks a day eating very high quality produce and I ate about 3000kcal.
>>
>>69973321
Fuck that. I can whip up a good meal for like 10-15 bucks for my boyfriend and I. Some fresh meat, and vegetables/whatever, and some seasoning, or sauces.

Olive oil(veggie/corn oil if you are broke), onions, raw garlic, black pepper, bulk veggies that can be bought in bulk and frozen are your best friends. You can literally create anything and make it taste good for cheap if you buy some meat and spice it with some vegetables. Rice if you dont care about carbs, but my BF is type 1 diabetic so I dont make things that have more then 20ish carbs usually.

some food i made the other day. I even trained my bf to cook some basic shit and taught him how to season stuff and it comes out just fine. Anybody who does not know how to cook or doesint want to is a lazy piece of shit and thats the first red flag. spending 20 dollars a day on fast food is ridiculous when you can buy steak for like 7 bucks a pound and
>>
>>69974923
cheapest chicken breast here cost 4.99/lb, caked with ice too

and if we're lucky there would be some in the shitty "manager's special" bin for 30% off
>>
>>69973742
>changing your argument

>>69974251
Because the type of person who's health-conscious enough to buy organic is health-conscious enough not to get fat in the first place. There's no correlation between eating organic and not being fat.
>>
>>69975062
that looks disgusting
>>
>>69973466
who /frenchpress/ here?
>>
>>69973321
>High schools should teach people to cook. Its not fucking hard

No, your parents should teach you to cook. They are the ones responsible for your everday life skills.
>>
>>69975140
its chuck eye steak, really tasty if you cook it medium

Shrimp is easy but its expensive
>>
>>69975062
What kind of animal is that? Some sort of cow with gills?
>>
File: CHEAP CHICKEN.png (123 KB, 214x277) Image search: [Google]
CHEAP CHICKEN.png
123 KB, 214x277
>>69975079

Literally from this week's ad.

There's also a coupon in the ad for $10 off 50. This brings it down to under $1.40 properly maximized.
>>
>>69975062
uh...what is that supposed to be? Meat? Burnt Potato?
>>
>>69973321
I ordered pizza from Pizza Hut today and spent roughly $10, what's your fucking point? Left with 2 large pizzas
>>
>>69973679
Twice a month for Greeks
>>
>>69975383
at sprouts if you have one in your area the specials are pretty cheap, 1.99 for chicken breasts/tenders, and 1.99 for pork chops if they go on sale. If you get a whole fish stuff it with some spices and throw it in the oven and you have a fun tasty meal, kind of gross to some people but you gotta get past it

brautwurst is cheap and you can cook it in water/beer, add some bullion/veggies and simmer it until the water is gone and you should be good to go. Tyme, black pepper, and garlic are good with it. Sourkraut heated on the stove once the sausages are done compliment nicely
>>
File: stovetops.png (116 KB, 1365x545) Image search: [Google]
stovetops.png
116 KB, 1365x545
what's a good stovetop grill?

loved the George foreman at first but now it seems to leave an underlying taste that's just not right

a couple options I'm seeing on amazon
>>
Just barbecued some marinated chicken tonight senpai. Had a side of baked potato's and corn. I have no idea why people eat out all the time if they're not making enough $ or busy.

Ever since I limited fast food to once a month and only to specialty places like In-N-Out: I have more money to save or spend. Fast food fucking sucks as well. Most of it is just empty calories, high amounts of sugar, unhealthy fats, and other chemicals with names you cannot pronounce. Even if you're a dude: you should know how to whip a dish that doesn't suck. Chicks actually dig dudes who can make a decent meal.
>>
Omelets, bruh. Load em up w veggies, a hearty portion costs total like $1. (1/4 onion ~15¢ / 1/4 pepper ~25¢ / 3 eggs ~30¢ / cheese, added veg ~30¢) add a potato for like another 25¢, coffee (realistically an entire pot costs like, 15-25¢) Then some grapes & cashews buddy and youve nailed a 2-$3 super breakfast that is so hearty you dont even want/need lunch. Then ball out on dinner. Stocks are cheap and add a ton of flavor. Cooking in general is simple. It doesnt take a loaded arsenal of ingredients. Literally just find a couple things in your kitchen and youtube search them + "recipe"
>>
>>69976204

I got thru so many eggs

usually scramble 4 at a time
3 or 4 times a week depending on if I've ran out yet

thanks food network for teaching me how to cook proper ones
>>
>>69973321
>nobody can cook anymore
You have never been on ck?
>>
people here are so used to being fed that's it's hard to adjust to making your own shit. I was like that until I became really broke and it became a necessity.
>>
My wife went to culinary school and she usually cooks for us at home. I love to bbq though.
>>
>>69973321
>organic

Its not organic unless you grew it yourself, or watched the farmer with your own 2 eyes bud. Any megafarm can be labelled """""organic""""" as long as they use the specified chemicals. Which are still chemicals, mind you.
>>
>>69973321
>favorite pizza is almost 30 dollars
>ingredients for pizza approach 25 dollars
>still have to cook it
>>
>>69975383
>Falling for the boneless jew.

If you guys are concerned about price, don't buy boneless skinless. Chicken that isn't already deboned is almost always cheaper. When you debone it (which is easy) the weight you get is still a better deal.
>>
>>69973321
get ready /pol/, youre about to witness the greatest spaghetti and meatball recipe ever

ingredients
1lb veal
1lb ground beef
1lb italian sausage
2 cans peeled plum tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce
liberal amount of red wine (up to you which)
1 white onion
3 shredded garlic
liberal amounts of
>ground pepper
>salt
>oregano
small amounts of
>red pepper flakes
>cayenne pepper
about 4 anchovies
2 eggs
half of a diced italian bread
milk
olive oil
2 fat portobello mushrooms
1 fat red bell pepper
flour

so here we go

sauce
>fry 1/4 pound of shredded italian sausage with olive oil in a fat steamcooker/pot
>chop up onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and shred 3/4 of garlic
>let sausage cook
>pour more olive oil into pot, throw in your chopped veggies
>throw in cans of sauce
>hand shred your plum tomatoes, then pour them in
>liberally throw spices in there
>put a nice amount of red wine as well
>shred anchovies and put in sauce
>low heat and continually stir

now meatballs
>mix remaining sausage with veal and beef
>make sure that shits real mixed up, make it one assimilated mass
>season with shredded garlic, onion slices, oregano, salt, pepper
>put in bowl
>crack two eggs, throw the innards into bowl
>put milk and shredded bread into a bowl, let bread soak
>combine soaked bread with meatballs, really get that in there
>once assimilated, get a cutting board and spread flour all over it
>make meatballs with your hand, roll in flour
>brown meatballs in saucepan
>throw meatballs in sauce once browned
>let cook for a couple hours

bam, italian dinner. go make some angel hair and enjoy
>>
>>69977186
also you get to make chicken broth/soup.
>>
I go to a restaurant maybe once a month, too poor to go more

Been teaching myself to cook, still not very good but I can get by to not starve

I refuse to date women who can't cook lel, it's like one of the most important things for me
>>
>>69973321
>$30 for a pizza
>>
>>69975731
Those look like pains in the ass to clean.
>>
>>69973321
Shit parenting leads to kids who have zero fucking skills behind how to press buttons on their iphones,this has been going on for a couple of generations now leaving us with a bunch of inept retards who don't even know how to cook a fried egg.

Back in my day I was not only encouraged and sometimes forced to learn most household skills including cooking but also how to slaughter/skin/gut game.

End result:There is little I can't do to sustain myself.
>>
>>69978239

yeah they won't be dishwasher safe

decisions
>>
>>69978359
Or kids can just google how to fry an egg ya goofball
>>
>>69973321
>$30 pizza
>$10 tip

Do you actually tip 33%? The standard is 15; that saves you $5.50 in one go.
>>
>>69973321
That pizza looks like shit
>>
>>69973321
my highschool did teach me to cook.

what you put in your crust senpai? I add a half cup of amaranth flour when I have it, and usually mix in some cumin and sometimes tumeric. this weekend I used butter chicken sauce instead of tomato sauce, it was pure pacha
>>
>>69973321
>Why can nobody fucking cook anymore? People eat at restaurants every day and THEN complain about raising the minimum wage and not being able to afford student loan payments.

this is something i noticed happens almost exclusively in the US. none of you can cook because you go out to eat every evening.
>>
>>69974330
I used to do 12 hour days, 14 days in a row, no weekends. I still cooked every night, and I was living in a fucking hotel with nothing but a george foreman grill. it's not hard, or time consuming.
>>
>>69973321
lol nigga like did you ever hear of the dollar menu? you can live on fucking mcdonalds and fast food for the entire week for like 10 fucking bucks get the fuck outta here with that cooking shit aint nobody got time for that.
>>
>>69974330
>thinks it's the woman's job
>has no woman.

Looks like you put yourself in check, Czech.
>>
>>69981185

yeah I find it so weird I NEVER see my neighbors in my building come home with bags of groceries
at the very least you'd think I would see them with canned or frozen shit

I drop a couple hundred once a month and that accounts for I'd say around 80 to 90% of my meals
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.