[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If only you knew how bright the future is, you would instantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 31
File: space-elevator-2050-2075.jpg (93 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
space-elevator-2050-2075.jpg
93 KB, 600x375
If only you knew how bright the future is, you would instantly become sympathetic to all races, species and most importantly the Earth.

In the future in less than 100 years, humanity will be so advanced. Working will be a thing of the past in western nations. Robots will completely automate both unskilled and skilled labour. With AI, having factors of a billion x more computing power than the fastest Supercomputer making government and corporate decisions.

Stop fighting, stop the hate, stop antagonism against liberals. In a decade, humanity is going to be augmenting itself with nanobots to enhance our vision, hearing, strength, longevity. As well as full immersion VR, that replaces the neuron signals to our ligaments, to the movement of an avatar in a Virtual Reality world.

Full sex bot companion androids will be available in 2050 with intelligence matching non-augmented humans.
>>
>>69970173

Get out of here with your jewish fantasies. There is no technological utopia coming.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 609x148) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 609x148
go back to silicon valley steve jobless
>>
>>69970258
There is. It's so bright, if you were born even as early as the 1960s. You will live for eternity by augmented organs and self-repairing nanobots in your body.

Start reading this:
http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2020-2029.htm
>>
>>69970585

All of this bullshit has absolutely zero basis in physical reality or actual empirical science.

Kek I bet you believe that the D-wave is an actual quantum computer and also don't realize that we have basically hit the hard limit on lithography techniques to miniaturize transistors.
>>
File: twitterHeaderAug2016website3.jpg (69 KB, 904x380) Image search: [Google]
twitterHeaderAug2016website3.jpg
69 KB, 904x380
>>69970173
The future is bright, Lambright!
>>
>>69970942
>D-wave
It's not.
>lithography techniques
Yes, which is why techniques such as graphene 3D layered will be used for more processing power. Human brain intelligence in a supercomputer by 2030 at the most. Human brain intelligence in portable devices by 2040.
>>
>>69971035

Fucking graphene give me a break. What the fuck do conductive carbon monolayers have to do with building semiconductors? Are you aware that the processor you have in your computer right now is limited by the fact that certain structures in semiconductor devices are already being constructed from atomic monolayers? Do you realize that Intel has halted their conversion to a 14nm process because it doesn't successfully yield smaller structures? Do you realize that there is no physically demonstrable alternative for similarly performing computing devices that has ever been demonstrated?
>>
This won't happen anytime soon.

One of the downsides of capitalism is that it slows down public access to technology in favor of current tech due to money.
>>
>>69971208
Never change pol. Never change.
>>
>>69971208
Burger's first wikipedia
Senpai I agree with you for the most part but there's no doubt that people of other races incur some problems nowadays (well only darkies really) but the prob is you're on this board for any purpose other than shitposting
>>
>>69970173
Unfortunately, a techno-utopia will have to be delayed a few hundred years due to dysgenics from racemixing.
>>
>>69971346

LOL no I am an actual engineer that has worked with semiconductor fab before. I don't think wikipedia would even come close to addressing the issues that I talked about in my post.
>>
>>69971208
In 2017, the next generation of microprocessor technology is released by Intel, with transistors using a 10 nanometre (nm) manufacturing process* – superseding the 14 nm process. Codenamed "Cannonlake", this family of processors is based on a die-shrink of Intel's Skylake CPU microarchitecture. More than 10 billion transistors can now be packed onto a single chip – bringing greater CPU and GPU performance, and reduced power consumption for computers, phones, tablets and other electronic devices. Moore's Law will soon be hitting a wall, however, as the effects of quantum tunnelling begin to degrade chip performance at such tiny scales. Traditional silicon circuits will reach their limit in the early 2020s, with a new paradigm emerging in the form of graphene and other concepts.
>>
>>69970173
look faggot
are you the poster previously known as space elevator
and if so
why did you stop posting
and also
are you indian
>>
>>69970173
People in the 1950's thought they would be driving around in flying cars.
Instead their society has spent all the gains on diversity rather than advancing.
>>
>>69971519

LOL and I get accused of wikiposting. Intel is currently planning to stop their processes with 22nm until they determine whether 14nm or smaller can ever yield smaller devices.
>>
File: black looky.jpg (20 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
black looky.jpg
20 KB, 236x354
Fuck you whitey. Fuck you.

None of this shit real. None of it coming.

We hate the fuckin shit outta white technology. Gonna smash your robots and piss on your fuckin supercomputers when this country all BLACK and brown.

What the fuck good are robots anyway? Well fuck your bitches and make your men slaves. Whitey aint been nothing but bad for this goddamn world. All his little toys getting beat to bits by brown. We dont fuckin need it.
>>
>>69971418
Gene editing is already a thing. Within a 100 years, people will be uploading their brains into animals. Race should be the last thing on your mind. Even the unaugmented people, will be on average 7' tall, born to two black parents, but can have blue eyes, blonde hair, and white skin and run faster than the fastest sprinter, and longer than the most enduring runner. The average person.
>>
>>69970173
Hate to brake it to you, OP, but in 100 years humanity will be too stupid to carry on any level of a technological society.
>>
>>69970321
>steve jobless
I kek'd
>>
>>69971553
Flying cars will be a thing by 2021.
https://youtu.be/wHJTZ7k0BXU
>>
File: furious cat.jpg (669 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
furious cat.jpg
669 KB, 1920x2560
>>69970173
>implying muslims wont stop that dead in its tracks if we dont fight them off
>>
>>69971683
Okay so when will we get this immortality thing? I have been constantly thinking about how I'm going to die for the past few months and it's completely destroyed my life, this gives me hope like fuck, WHEN DO WE GET IT?
>>
>>69970173
Yeah and we were supposed to all have flying cars that would fold into briefcases by 2010
>>
>>69970173
Liberals are the ones bringing hate they are not even liberals
>>
>>69971627
Mate I dont doubt all this shit will exist but why do you think they are dragging us kicking and screaming into a new world order facilitated by mass immigration meant to create regional conflicts into the future that will justify the continued militarization of police and ultimately a completely controlled populace

read between the lines, you dont even have to
>>
>>69970173

after the communism had fallen they told us Polan will be like the rest of Europe

and the pensioner will go on holidays under the palms

and the independent press will take care of corrupted government

-------------------------------------

Pls come to Polan and see it for yourself.
>>
>>69971666
Having fun with him down there, Satan?
>>
File: 1442895883717.png (2 MB, 1219x984) Image search: [Google]
1442895883717.png
2 MB, 1219x984
>>69971035
Ray Kurzweil pls go.

The future will be mass ecological panic, forcing population crowding as displaced populations from the south migrate North. Desertification. Shitty countries will fall into disorder. Invading hordes will outbreed native populations.

Ecosystems will collapse. Water will be rationed, hoarded, and used by failing states as leverage to subdue rioting populations. Privacy will become obsolete and the quality of life in the West will decline overall to equalize with rest of the world.

Your fantasies are not based in reality.

Scarcity is real and it is going to shock us out of the comfy, wasteful, and indulgent lifestyles we live today. We will have to compete for resources or get mobbed and die.
>>
>>69971756
Towards the end of 2040.
>>
File: ElysiumAmerica730F.jpg (84 KB, 520x375) Image search: [Google]
ElysiumAmerica730F.jpg
84 KB, 520x375
Los Angeles as portrayed in the movie Elysium will be the future, except there won't be a space station.
>>
>>69970173
>OP really thinks he's gonna be able to enjoy any of this
>OP thinks he's a rich billionaire
>>
the future will suck according to that sight

>mass unemployment
>bioterrerosim
>nuclear terrorist atttack
>islam becomes no. 1 religion
>refuge crisis exacerbates
>planet becomes swamped in extreme weather
>>
>>69971904

Not happening, this is all pseudoscientific fantasy with no empirical basis. Sorry, you are going to die and go where all Australian shitposters go, the lake of fire.
>>
File: SS-DV.png (294 KB, 4600x1900) Image search: [Google]
SS-DV.png
294 KB, 4600x1900
>>69970173
That space elevator pic haha. In order to "go in space" you need to achieve orbital speed, otherwise you will fall back down on earth.

There are some theories on space elevators, but nothing like what people think it is. It's all purely theoric and basically impossible to build.
>>
Really in my opinion the eutopian future will all stem from virtual reality. We'll essentially be able to create our own heavens personalized to our dreams on Earth. Once we really understand how the brain works there is really no limit to the comforts we can enjoy indefinitely.
>>
>>69971035
Kek. I work on the Graphene polymer project at Georgie Tech. You're a deluded child.
>>
File: Communist_Holocaust_01_300px.jpg (53 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
Communist_Holocaust_01_300px.jpg
53 KB, 300x250
>>69970173
>If only you knew how bright the future is, you would instantly become sympathetic to all races, species and most importantly the Earth.

Dayly reminder that the dirty commies in tsarists Russia said the same.
>>
>>69972003
>oldfag tears knowing he won't experience immortality
>>
>>69971907
No space station, but there will be a wall.
>>
>>69972047

I'm glad I am not alone here.
>>
>>69971902
We'll adapt. Civilization is to big to fail.
>>
>>69972059

I'm 28, and not stupid enough to believe in the bullshit that science communicators and pathological science journal shitposters sell for grant money and fame.
>>
>>69971796
Of course we will be controlled. Most of the world population will be augmented in someway which would allow the government to read your mind for thought crimes.

However, crime and terrorism is massively reduced to almost nothing when everyone's thought are read by their nanobot brain implants.

>>69971902
Exactly! The biggest problems of this century will be desertification of most of the planet. Leading to massive influxes of refugees from water-starved lands to Europe. Europe in the future will close its borders however to the mediterrean and form a Northern Union.

Ice will melt drastically across Siberia and Alaska, making Canada and Russia the food bowls of the world. As the receeded ice reveals green land for pastures.

Desalinization will be the only form of drinking water this century, as underground aquifers are completely sucked dry. Finally, by the mid century, most countries will be carbon neutral. With fusion power from the ITER experiment proving a successor to fission as a clean energy source. As well as most of the oceans covered in floating wind farms. And northern africa covered in solar panels to power Europe. With a power grid extending from the UK to Europe.

It will be difficult for generation x and the millenials, to fix the wastefulness of the baby boomers that led us to climate change in the first place. But it will be resolved.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 682x483) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 682x483
>>69970173
>mu perfect star trek future
Tell where does the niggers and mohammed fit into star trek, engineering? The helm? Security?
>>
>>69972079
I'm glad some of you kids aren't falling for this Antipodean's bullshit.

I worked at Alcator before I came to Tech and we got our funding slashed by 90% thanks to Obama and Pals.

There's no way we hit a singularity level this century thanks to liberal-progressives and the demographic decline in the West.
>>
>>69971614
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ze3hthGRbRo
>>
>>69972175

we already have the tech to read animals minds, backing brains up soon to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLb9EIiSyG8

RIP gramps I will visit your grave when I am mind controlling a bird near where you're burried
>>
>>69970173
Then what reason is there to keep 320 million of us around? Am I supposed to just do nothing all day, no work, no profession, no vocation?

Fuck that, I'll take life and all it's peaks and valleys as opposed to your insane promise of paradise
>>
>>69972215
>wastefulness of baby boomers
>not industrial revolution in past and in china and india
kek
OP, you clearly have a slanted and idealistic view, I hope you never get into power. We don't need another communist holocaust.
>>
>>69970173

>implying all of those wouldn't be used to fuck people over

you seem to forget in cases like that people bicker about stupid shit, and i'm guaranteeing that some richfag will try to exterminate everyone
>>
>>69970173
Read Brave New World. That's the future that's coming, and it's a very good case scenario. The reality will be shittier.
>>
File: wat.jpg (26 KB, 720x575) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
26 KB, 720x575
>>69970173
nice distopia
>>
>>69972402

Even if you could create a digital copy of a brain on an electronic device somewhere, how does that make you immortal? Assuming that all of the nonexistent technology required to do so magically appears, at best you have a copy of yourself walking around thinking it is you. You are still dead.
>>
>>69970173
Black people are not capable of not being violent and racist. We are the sole reason why racism is still alive today.
>>
>>69972417
>do nothing all day, no work, no profession, no vocation?
You can do all that in a virtual reality environment. Most transactions in the last 21st century will be on virtual furniture and equipment in the virtual world. Clothing and most goods will be basically free, as they're 3D printed.

To combat the massive unemployment from automation across all sectors by AI and robots. The government will give everyone a living allowance of $3-5000/month. Which they can spend back into the economy.
>>
>>69972215
So you're advocating a state of humanity where there is an ever present thought police evaluating your existence based on whether or not your thoughts are politically correct as some lines of thought are known to lead to violence... so that you can be stuck in a tin can body for the rest of the universes life?
>>
File: overview.png (20 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
overview.png
20 KB, 500x389
>>69972122
By "we" adapting, you surely mean "Those in power" permitting "Those left behind" to eat the breadcrumbs of our former breadbaskets, then sure.

We are living in an extinction event. Whatever civilization remains will have to emerge from mass global death.
>>
>>69970173
Will there be Enterprise?
>>
>>69970173
This is why humanity needs to stop procreating soon.

Eventually, whenever it'll be, we will never work and never die. This means the world will be overpopulated by us useless sacks of shit and obliterating all resources even faster.
>>
>>69972578
If you do it at the rate of x small amount of neurons at a time you can replace your brain with new hardware without ever losing consciousness. Some goes for every other cell.
>>
>>69973031

Get back to me when even one iota of the required technology for this process exists.
>>
>>69972215
I think that places a little too much faith in ITER.
My old nuke professor would say, "you guys should try fusion, it's a great gig! The joke is it's always been 20 years out. You see, it's hard to copy the sun's process of nuclear fusion because we don't have massive gravitational fields for intertia confinement at our disposal. So that basically leaves laser fusion and thermonuclear, which uses magnetic confinement, like ITER.

Then he spread his arms and held them up. You see it's difficult because we have to have some of the lowest temperatures and highest temperatures in the universe this far apart. Even if they get it working briefly at ITER how do we use it for years???"

So yeah, nuclear fusion is still the holy grail fairy tale of nuclear technology.
Nuclear Fission on the other hand, despite historical public disapproval, is really becoming more safe and efficient than ever. Small modular reactors that can be factory produced (rather than on-site construction of traditional behemoth sized reactors)
>>
>>69972650
Exactly but that's romanticizing it. We will have the freedom to experience all the worlds pleasures and sights in an instance. Even other worlds, with colonies on the Moon and Mars. With Mars in particular succeeding the Earth and ruling itself.

>>69972691
Yes there'll be 99.99% speed of light ships, but you'll only be able to board one if you are augmented to handle the g forces.

>>69972693
Humanity will expand upon the stars, first terraforming mars and venus for lebensraum. Then further out, as distant planets with microbial life are discovered in the early 22nd century.
>>
>>69970173

Thank you based anon.
>>
>>69972556
>full sex companion
>distopia
>>
File: 1454743065981.gif (879 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1454743065981.gif
879 KB, 500x400
Enjoy living forever plebs, enjoy being stuck on this plane of existence indefinitely. I will die and merge back with the infinite. Have fun with your nano bots and vr wives. I don't give a fuck about any of that. Life is already fucking awesome as it is you all just sit in front of your computer all day and never go outside and look at the world around you. If you can't live a fulfilling life in the time you have alive as a natural human you never fucking will. Eat shit transhumanist fags.
>>
>>69970585

ok, fuck
i will stop the hate

damn

i know its stupid

but this bright future better come
>>
>>69973071
>Assuming that all of the nonexistent technology required to do so magically appears
>>
>>69973093
But what standards are going to be upheld if you say there will be the freedom to experience 'all' the worlds pleasures and sights in an instance, implying some sort of thought based experience enabled by the technology - subject to the AI that is "scrubbing" your thoughts of anything 'inappropriate'?
>>
>>69973093

>speed
>g-forces

I knew Australians had a knack for shitposts, but I didn't realize it got this bad.
>>
>>69970173
Australia posting this is the funniest part
>>
>let muslims in
>muslims begin forcing sharia law (england, sweden)
>suddenly muslim dark ages
>all technology and science research halts
>>
>>69970173
This is exactly what people after world war 1 said about 2000's.

Pfft.. hahahhahaha.
>>
>>69973182
It's so bright mate

>>69973242
Relax, you can have your loli sex orgy in VR. It will be totally legal.

>>69973324
You don't want to spend a millennium working up to light speed do you? No, you accelerate to there very quickly.
>>
>>69970173
>As well as full immersion VR, that replaces the neuron signals to our ligaments
Holy shit what a retard
>>
>>69973615
It's true, when you want to lift your arm, your brain sends the signals to your muscles. The nanobots would disconnect these signals and translate the arm movement to your avatar in a virtual reality.

You would be sitting completely motionless in reality, but you would technically be moving your arms and legs and running, jumping, having sex (with required sensory inputs and dopamine/seratonin releases in VR).
>>
>>69973611
Dont try and appeal to my humanity.

What I dont get is how you can reconcile the idea of a governing elite giving absolute freedom and power to the common man
>>
>>69970585
>Australia finally beat Deus Ex
wew lad
>>
You haven't proved at all that this bullshit will come to pass. You haven't presented a shred of evidence other than "it's gonna happen bro" that there will be significant technological progress in the future. It's childish. This world's infrastructure is extremely fragile. The peace and prosperity required to advance science and technology is not going to exist in 10 years. Almost everyone here knows it.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (292 KB, 320x144) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
292 KB, 320x144
>>69970321
>>
>>69974081
>The peace and prosperity required to advance science and technology is not going to exist in 10 years.
>implying science and technology isn't always advancing (as long as knowledge isn't being destroyed [dark ages])
>implying war hasn't led to thousands of innovations

>You haven't proved at all that this bullshit will come to pass.
Actually the website OP linked is pretty well cited.
>>
>>69973711
Watch Sword Art Online for an example.
>inb4 shitty anime
No really, it's thought provoking about obstacles/potential risks involving the development of vr technology
>>
File: WhiteBuffalo.jpg (476 KB, 1187x1500) Image search: [Google]
WhiteBuffalo.jpg
476 KB, 1187x1500
>>69971614
We got next

t. Nehiyaw patriot
>>
>>69974453
>implying we would ever be stupid enough to physically interface with computers enough to put our mortality in the hands of gamers
no it's not
>>/r9k/
>>
>>69974081
>he peace and prosperity required to advance science and technology is not going to exist in 10 years
cutthroat capitalism is often widely credited for breeding innovation.
this whole board's thing is anti-cuddly capitalism (Nordic model, Democratic socialist theories), I thought that would be obvious
>>
I do think people are over pessimistic but I don't think that's necessarily bad. Honestly everyone acts like they know how things are going to turn out but they don't really know much.
>>
>>69971817
>nationalist party in power
>catholic party in power
>banning abortion and other degeneracy
>muslim hate

Stop complaining Wojtyla!
>>
File: the-jetsons.gi.top (1).jpg (42 KB, 475x307) Image search: [Google]
the-jetsons.gi.top (1).jpg
42 KB, 475x307
>>69974627
your viewpoint on the future is probably as valid as this
>>
>>69973176
>supports Freud
he is a jew, you know?
>>
File: 1458288246576s.jpg (2 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1458288246576s.jpg
2 KB, 125x93
>>69970173
check flag
>>
>>69974560
Yes, perhaps it was a little unrealistic to prohibit players from manually logging out inside the game, and killing them in real life if they died in the game, but it's not to say new technology is ever invented that doesn't carry risks if it falls in the hands of those that are corrupt.
>>
>>69970173
Are we going to exterminate the Amish? Is that part of what it means to be an advanced society?
>>
>>69974780
How does that support Freud?
>>
>>69973180
I dont think /pol/ is that stuipid.
OP is just an idiot.
I go outside alot for example, also you will be reborn and not merge with the infinite smartass.
>>
>>69973180
f e d o r a
>>
>People unironically believing in the technological singularity

It's CURRENTYEAR in the next (CURRENTYEAR+5) +/- 15 we will have superhuman AI's making every hard decision for us and the Earth will be a Utopia.

I've been hearing this since 1986.

>Philip Warren Anderson 1973 QSL
>2015 Finally observed
>2020 probably every device on the planet is computing using quantum metamaterials

>implying this will somehow solve social problems, end wars or racial tensions

If anything the rise of technology is overshadowed by the fall of man. From a thoughtful organised creature who spent a lifetime learning from experience, to a barely function braindead automata who needs to be connected to the hivemind to even consider expressing an idea.

I've noticed it personally in myself, I had to google Anderson's name and the year he proposed quantum spin liquids even though I read about it yesterday. Instead of memorizing it and thinking about it, I just stored it in my "quantum computing is probably going to happen bias, search parameter is quantum spin liquid".

>10 years ago I might have spent 45 minutes reading about it and trying to understand it.

>15 years ago I would've gone to a university library and picked up some books a bout quantum states of materials.

>20 years ago I would've gotten directly in touch with an old professor and set up a meeting for a coffee or lunch to discuss it.

>Today I just glance at it for 15minutes, memorise the search key word and move on to the next frivolous bit of data I don't need or don't care to understand.

If I am dumber than before then I can only imagine how an average person without a PhD in mathematics and decades of education and teaching is doing. They are probably functionally retarded by a metric from 50 years ago. The machines are starting to approximate you. Drive for you, search for you, work for you. Soon they will feel for you and think for you too. A future of catatonic zombies.
>>
>>69974916
You're the idiot fuckface.
>>
>>69974915
Freud said that the human life is based around sexuality.
Looking at all the bullshit OP praised as utopia you picked sexual pleasure.
>>
>>69975078
Having implants in your brain that boost your IQ to 200, doesn't make you a catatonic zombie. It makes you a SUPERIOR INTELLIGENT AUGMENTED HUMAN
>>
File: time to stop posting.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
time to stop posting.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>>69975092
>>
>>69975216
You had me until stop the hate against faggots.
>>
>>69970173
>Supercomputer making government and corporate decisions.

Who programs the computer?
>>
>>69974453
>Sword Art Online
Watching now, this is good
>>
>>69975078
>+/- 15 we will have superhuman AI's
no we won't
in order for any computing system to even be remotely comparable to a human brain, it has to be able to recursively modify its physical structure (edit its hardware).
there is no computer that can even do this in existence yet.
when it comes to machine learning, our programs are just STARTING to be able to 60% identify a fucking tree lol
>>
>>69975621
The AI. But it always follows the 3 laws. Isaac Asmiov's laws will be used for all eternity in robotics and AI.

>"A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. "
>>
>>69975779
>>69975621
see
>>69975755
>>
>>69970173
>In the future in less than 100 years, humanity will be so advanced. Working will be a thing of the past in western nations.
They said that 100 years ago. Look what happened.

Some chucklefuck is always willing to work long hours to make more money or climb the ladder, and his existence means that everyone else has to match his hours to compete. The fact that you can't automate the whole workforce all at once, and will have to do it gradually, means you'll never get a basic income or anything of the sort - those in work don't want their money taken to support those who won't work. Even if they're otherwise supportive of redistribution, they demand as the price labor-force participation from everyone able-bodied who receives assistance from their taxes.

AI won't change this any more than all the other technological advancements that have occurred over the years.
>>
>>69975820
It's not comparable to rewiring of the brain, such as memories fading and new ones, with neurons connecting for new skills.

It's akin to the processing power of the human brain. Which no computer can even match yet. But they will before the end of the next decade.
>>
>>69970173
Sounds like I'm going to kill myself in about 100 years.
>>
>>69975216
The unintended consequences of augmenting human intelligence (humouring you that it will be possible) will probably kill billions.

I can today make the ethical argument that if we can store human cognition in a digital or quantum format it would be ethical to scan and dispose of the worlds poorest 3 billion.

It would take maybe a few years to scan them all and remove them from the planet. If left unchecked, in the decades it would take for them to climb out of poverty millions will die, and global pollution levels will rise uncontrollably. We can save those lives by temporarily suspending the biological functions of all of them, repairing the polluted and broken countries they live in, then regrowing and re-educating them. The whole process taking less than a single generation, to lift them all to a modern sustainable standard of living.

>>69975621
The idea will be the computer learns from past decisions and a set of ethical guidelines, eg: a constitution. You 'train' modern AI systems today, whether it's gameplay or image recognition in real time, or maneuvering in a physical space. Nobody programs them or tells them what to do (that would take too long and you might miss out on a detail), they just feed them millions or billions of data points and reinforce positive decisions, nudging the whole system to take biases towards the correct outcomes and to prevent bad outcomes. In gameplay that's done by either a scoring mechanism or a finite outcome: you win; in image recognition that's done by heuristic approximation and pattern recognition. The systems themselves look like primitive brains (neurons connected in clusters), they are effectively network layers through which input data is filtered towards some desirable outcome. It works pretty well for driving and playing simple computer games and even deep games like GO.

>>69975755

Do you do active research in AI? All neural networks and HHMM's can modify themselves in real time.
>>
>>69971902
shit, I fucking made that pic lol
>>
>>69976224
>Do you do active research in AI?
No but I live with someone who does.
>All neural networks and HHMM's can modify themselves in real time.
Really? So they can allocate more memory and install hardware by themselves? Nope.
like i said:
> modify its physical structure
>>
>>69970173
Blacks will still be a drain on the world.
>>
File: 1386712929567s.jpg (8 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1386712929567s.jpg
8 KB, 241x228
>>69970173
Companies will start giving AIs living in robots the wages and humans that don't own corporations will be poorer than robots who go on to live eternally.
>>
>>69971003
w.. wait what? this guy is still here? someone save him pls.
>>
>>69976651
why the fuck would you pay a wage to a robot? The whole reason companies like automation is that machines can work 24/7 and never demand a paycheck or benefits.
>>
At some point soon I bet the chinks, with their lack of respect for Western ethics, are going to be toying with genetically engineering their race into super humans. If they haven't already started anyway (the technology exists).

Set aside AI/robotics/computers for a moment, are we ready for the human biological arms race for which nation can produce the best humans?
>>
File: 1265175020646.png (83 KB, 1203x706) Image search: [Google]
1265175020646.png
83 KB, 1203x706
>>69970173
sounds boring.
>>
>>69976474
the human brain cannot
>modify its physical structure

You do real time adaptation on a software level, connections are formed and old connections are pruned.

You have a fixed physical capacity called your skull, which your brain size is limited by. You also have fixed capacity for computation, memory, attention too. People are different sure, but your skull doesn't grow indefinitely or at will. We are finding out more and more that 'fixed' isn't necessarily some hard coded number, but more of an approximate and flexible computational system that acts like a network with nodes and does a lot of path-finding and rerouting solutions, storing biases towards efficient computation, shortest path. This is all an unconscious process that has an underlying structure that adapts.

Human brains grow just like the human body grows. Part of that growth is input processing and developing different interfaces for dealing with human faces, moving objects, natural language, ground and sky orientation, movement and balance.

Convolutional neural networks and Markov models work on similar principals. They have axiomatic structure which is clustered and then connections between the clusters form and grow out of experience, there is the same pathing problem re-emerging and efficient paths are weighed favorably, creating positive biases.

You need a humanlike AI before you get a superhuman one, I don't disagree with you.

At the moment we just have autistic systems that are pretty good at doing stuff like trivia, game playing and high speed obstacle navigation.
>>
>>69970173
people were saying the same shit in the 80's about this decade. it hasn't happened and it won't happen.

you are living in a dream world
>>
>humanity will be-

not as long as islam exists dumbass. every single space elevator circlejerk is ruined by islam.
>>
File: 1453785161852.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
1453785161852.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1044
>>69970173
This is advanced shitposting.
>>
>>69977401
If it wasn't for Australia shitposting it'd be pretty boring on this board.
>>
remember the future will not evolve to your irrelevant preference and ideas
>>
>>69970173
Antichrist agenda to worship rocks, cut off your head, obtain the mark, look at nibiru planet x type project blue beam shit and convince you it's star trek
>>
>>69971756

The hilarity is you won't.
They try to push and push these outlandish sci fi ideas like everyone is going to be saved by them, like a brand new religion.

But even if every single one of these things will come to pass, you'll be shit out of luck, dying of hunger, thirst or some disease in some favela, along with everyone else who isn't in the 1%

Elysium, despite being an awful vehicle for advertising public Healthcare, painted a very good picture of the future.
>>
>>69971756
your soul is immortal allready, you dont need any jewish enslavement toys.
>>
>>69980440
This. There will forever be haves and have nots. Be it from maliciousness or by neglect, inequality shall forever reign.
>>
File: mami laugh.jpg (181 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mami laugh.jpg
181 KB, 500x375
>>69980440
>tfw I am in the 1% and I would be benefiting from these advancements
>>
>>69970173
Or a gigantic fucking asteroid the size of Texas could kill us all next month. Fuck off sperglord.
>>
>>69971683
>flying cars
If its flying then its not a car, you dipshit.
>>
>>69981782
I was the fastest man in my family, so they sent me into the village. I was the fastest man in my village, so they sent me into the next town. I was the fastest man in that town, so they sent me to the big city. I was the fastest man in that big city, so they sent me to Jamaica. I was the slowest man in Jamaica. I went home to my village, knowing how I was fast compared to some, but I was slow in comparison to the best.
>>
>>69970173

A man can dream, Straya
>>
File: war.gif (545 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
war.gif
545 KB, 324x216
>>69970173
>implying rich Jews will share this technology with all the people on Earth
>implying the top 1% of society won't just cull humanity once the 99% aren't needed.
>>
File: Terminator.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1050) Image search: [Google]
Terminator.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1050
>>69970173

You think the elites are going to tolerate the lower classes once they are no longer needed.
>>
File: 1459797179396.jpg (55 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1459797179396.jpg
55 KB, 480x720
>>69971614
>>
File: kokoroko motoko.gif (675 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
kokoroko motoko.gif
675 KB, 480x270
>>69970173
Hehe. So, you also finished watching Ghost in the Shell too? Heh. Pretty dank movie, ain't it? You like Motoko, don't you? Heh, I don't blame ya. What a gal. You also love the idea of transferring into a female robot body? Hehe. I understand ya. Went there as well. Heh. All the machines and technology? Impressive, right?

You also like to think about a future like that? Hehe. Me too. It releases a lot of dopamine through my body. Makes me forget all the hurt. Hehe. Addicting. Hehe. Doped, am I right? Hehe.

Heh..
Uhm... Hey, look. Don't get me wrong, but... Ghost in the Shell, Motoko and all of that stuff? Well, y'know.. Ah, forget it.. It's just. Look, okay, but you need to sit down. Wew, there it goes. Y'know, all of that? Y'know it's all... like... fiction, right? That it doesn't exist, ri-.. N-no! Please don't freak out! It's okay, it's no big deal! It's just a cart-... No, put away that rope! Look, look, it's sunny outside! Everything is fine! J-Just don't... No need to make a scene. Come on, mum already called you to dinner 5 minutes ago. What would she think? Do you think she'd be happy to see you doing this?

Alright, alright! I am sorry... I-I didn't mean to insult M-Motoko... Yes, the future is bright... Yes, technology will prosper... Y-..Yes, there will be penis extensions available in the future...

Y-Y'know we love you, r-right...? O-okay... I'll tell mum to bring food to your room...

Bye...
>>
File: SpaceX_CRS-1_launch_cropped.jpg (1 MB, 2369x1579) Image search: [Google]
SpaceX_CRS-1_launch_cropped.jpg
1 MB, 2369x1579
>>69970173
1. Moore's Law is collapsing and has gone through another revision this year to 2.5 - 3 years instead of 2.
2. Dennard Scaling stopped in 2003, which has caused half of the previous performance increases to disappear. Ever wonder why the improvements were so fast before the mid-aughts?
3. We're reaching fundamental physical limits to the computational density of silicon wafers(or any kind of available substrate).
4. We don't know what consciousness is. It's still considered the "Hard Problem" in physics.
5. We will get space colonies however. Thank you based Musk and Bezos.
>>
>>69983428
>5. We will get space colonies however. Thank you based Musk and Bezos.
I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose of a space colony is other than "space is cool"
>>
>>69983578
The same reason Pilgrims and Puritans settled in the USA. "Fucking degenerates, we're leaving and making our own sandcastle without the vice and whores!"

Essentially, it allows for people who don't fit the mold here somewhere to go. Notice how Britain stopped having major civil wars and domestic revolts once it had large colonies to take all of the misfits. Look at France, Germany, and Italy on the other hand. Revolutions and civil wars galore. Colonies provide a social escape valve. Even the very idea is enough to slow down civil unrest since it gives hope that someone could leave for a new land of opportunity.
>>
Not my future, it's my grandchildrens future. Fuck this, it hurts so fucking bad to think I was born only a couple of generations too soon to experience general AI solving everything, including mortality. All I have left on this Earth is certain death and my hate for other's cultures.
>>
>>69983919
>All I have left on this Earth is certain death and my hate for other's cultures.
/pol/ in a nutshell
>>
>>69983428
We're being regulated into a standstill. Government, big industry and special interests are conspiring to create fiefdoms with piles of laws and regulations. It's a rust, corrupting the wheels of innovation.

You wonder why there's a slowdown compared to past advances? Look no further than the thugs with the guns.
>>
>>69983955
I agree in general about most technological advancements being retarded by the government but the tech sector isn't one of them. Semiconductor limitations have been reached.

With space though, OH FUCK YES we've been retarded by government. Horrifically so. Without the New Space industry, we'd be stuck in the early-60s technologically. Private space firms like SpaceX, Blue Origin, and Bigelow are the only threads that are keeping manned space flight alive in the USA.
>>
>>69970173
Not if I have anything to say about it.
>>
File: 1406304408563.jpg (48 KB, 472x538) Image search: [Google]
1406304408563.jpg
48 KB, 472x538
>>69970173
War has forced us to progress and it will continue doing so but nobody is stopping you from bending over to backwards people just dont expect others to curl up and die. AI, space colonization and augementations are all haram so I hate to say it but peace is no option.
>>
File: bueno.jpg (16 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
16 KB, 319x320
>>69983938
>>
>>69983578

Survival if earth were to succumb, ressources and of course this >>69983800 .
Plus its metaphorically spreading wings and taking flight. You can stay in you mothers basement as far as I care but if you dont take up flight you might end up falling out of the nest as the next generation displaces you.
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.