[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it still true that republicans spend more on science than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: cosmos.jpg (26 KB, 539x422) Image search: [Google]
cosmos.jpg
26 KB, 539x422
Is it still true that republicans spend more on science than the left?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk

This video is pre-Obama.
>>
idk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuKwz0MEawI
>>
If you want to watch liberals get decidedly un-scientific, start discussing vaccines and GMO food with them.
>>
must be difficult to be le black science man and have to hate le first black president
>>
>>69970276
or gender and race
>>69970379
p sure most of your blacks are disappointed by obongo
>>
only reason that science was lower during Clinton was because of republican congress passing the budget.
>>
>>69970566

What annoys me about the race aspect, if they think they are being very scientific. They always bring up "more generic variation within races than between them", which sounds great at first but doesn't hold up to intense scrutiny. I don't understand how the idea that "race doesn't exist" has gotten such a common hold in popular opinion. They'll even say things like "well yeah, races are susceptible to different diseases and have different skull structures...but the genetic variation thing..."
>>
>>69970791

Couldn't you argue that democrats, by allowing it to be cut in favor of say social programs, still put little priority on it?
>>
see: republican DARPA budgets

we're probably still coasting off the stupid amount of research that gone for scifi shit under Reagan
>>
>>69971145
social programs got cut as fuck during Clinton too, during welfare reform, maybe more so, so i don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>69970276
>>69970566
Or IQ tests
>>
>>69970276
>>69971458
Try nuclear energy and fracking if you want to hear them say stupid stuff.
>>
>>69970999
imo it's because "race" isn't very well defined.
it's often implied "those from the other race" are animals. a different species.

the easiest argument to say "we;re all just human" is to say we can interbreed.
also we can be mixxed.
and so the go-to argument is "we;re all mixed". which is also true to a large extent.

imo we should view "race" more like a dog "breed". with p much nobody being a "pure" breed. but only characteristics that can be passed down.
as oppose to the extreme some right wing people prefer to take it.

the left has no problem with this. and will proudly admit "a black person is more capable physically because he's black" or "a black person has a bigger dick because he's black". etc. also that asians are shorter, etc.

their only problem with "race" is that it implies a difference in intelligence. and since there is the occasional smart black person, they use them to justify that it's all "nurture, and not nature". with asians "only being smart because their parents are strict", etc.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.