[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Operation Barbarosa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 18
Was the Eastern Front the fatal mistake that led to defeat? Was there any alternative? What could Hitler have done to change the outcome of the war to either a stalemate, or victory?
>bonus points
If the Nazis had not been defeated, especially if there was a negotioated peace at some point, would the Left have survived the 20th century?
>>
>>69965185
There probably is not much the whites could have done to beat the Asiatic Soviets

Pretty much like how Mongols destroyed the white race several times over, the whites got destroyed when they tried getting into Asiatic territory

I think this is pretty much a racial inferiority thing on whites' part
>>
File: soldaten.jpg (386 KB, 2501x2681) Image search: [Google]
soldaten.jpg
386 KB, 2501x2681
Come on, /hist/ is slow as fuck and every time I bring up the 3rd reich I get told to go to >>>/pol/
I know you guys have thought about this before.
>>
>>69965471
I've seen better shitposting on >>>/lgbt/, you need to step up your game or go back to >>>/trash/
>>
>>69965550
Truth hurts, dude

I know you came on here to jack off to nazis but you're getting red pilled right now
>>
It was a mistake

the USSR had no will to fight after barely "beating" Finland. and there was zero will for an offensive war by the Russian people.

Hitler should have kept Molotov-Ribbentrop intact and focused on the Middle East for "muh oil"
>>
>>69965185
Fine I'll bite
It seems like war on the eastern front was inevitable
Apparently stalin was mobilizing so it looked like hitler needed to attack or be caught off guard
Hitler attacked spring or summer so it wasn't his fault there
I think the loss was inevitable if you launch an offensive. I don't know much about defensive fighting so I don't know if letting stalin attack would be better or worse
>>
File: 1338794842659401797.png (193 KB, 870x656) Image search: [Google]
1338794842659401797.png
193 KB, 870x656
>>69965678
>>69965471
>asians
>superior
>ever
>>
>>69965730
>>69965740
Occam's razor: whites are an inferior race.

No need for all these dumb explanations and shitty graphics
>>
>>69965478
>>69965185
Operation Barbarosa was indeed the thing that killed Germany. The Wermacht could not have beaten the Red Army in the state that it was in at the start of the operation.

No, there was no alternative. Stalin was likely preparing an invasion of Europe, and the only way to have even close to a chance in this case would have been a sneak attack against the Soviet Union.

We can really only speculate as to what the political effects would have been if Nazi Germany had survived. Many believe it would have collapsed as it was a machine running on its last fumes, only kept alive by war and conquest. Others believe that it could have been a prosperous society that could have been a competing superpower in the late 20th century with the USA and USSR. Again, we can only speculate.
>>
File: Human-accomplishment.jpg (243 KB, 1200x967) Image search: [Google]
Human-accomplishment.jpg
243 KB, 1200x967
>>69965815
you wish, Chang
>>
>>69965781
Ironically the vast majority of those scientific papers are either fraudulent or written by Asians in the West

Notice how when the UC school system removed racial quotas designed to help whites compete against Asians, non-Jewish whites pretty much had their presence ended in the UC school system

Face facts man: your time's over

You guys as a civilization are literally where the Ottoman Empire was in the 19th century
>>
>>69965893
>European
>>
File: 1458417465273.jpg (276 KB, 1120x788) Image search: [Google]
1458417465273.jpg
276 KB, 1120x788
>>69965934
>fraud or by asians in the west

kek ok settle down Kim
>>
File: 767634636736.png (190 KB, 476x3108) Image search: [Google]
767634636736.png
190 KB, 476x3108
>>69966006
>>
>>69965781
Is that purple tumor Japan?
>>
>>69965185
The biggest mistake Hitler did was taking over command rather than letting his generals do their job.
>>
File: 1459105648206.jpg (51 KB, 1023x334) Image search: [Google]
1459105648206.jpg
51 KB, 1023x334
>>69966082
Also lets take a look at those "asian" Russians.
>>
File: 8734958739847589.jpg (82 KB, 400x648) Image search: [Google]
8734958739847589.jpg
82 KB, 400x648
>>69965185
Initially the plan was an intelligent move against an unavoidable opponent. By that period it was pretty evident that a two front war was going to open up so dealing with one of the larger enemies while it was weak was cunning.

The problem was Hitler himself. He let his ego get in the way of his ability to bring people together. It drove people away and divided his own pool of highly skilled and disciplined officers.

Plans that were laid down to take vital objectives were moved to tertiary objectives. He became obsessed with taking Kiev ignoring vital oil fields.

Understandingly, Hitler was very superstitious about his invasion of Russia and went to good lengths to avoid following a similar path towards Napoleon. Ironically enough, he did.

That first winter was bad but it wasn't defining, it was the second time around that broke the German Army completely. By the time it came the Russians were able to mobilize into the dreaded force known today as the Red Army. There was nothing in the world that could stop that wave of men, nothing. For no matter how sharp and skilled the German soldat was there is nothing more demoralizing than watching human beings used as cattle and you being the one who slaughters them. You see how they are treated you see the barbarity they are capable of when you speak with your friends who escaped a Red POW camp, when you stumble over a town that had been occupied by them.

They were an unstoppable monster and it all could have very easily been avoided, well, from the perspective of these armchair historians anyways.

The bottom line is Hitler let himself and his ideology stand in the way of practicality and the advice of men far more capable than he could have only dreamed to be.

You want to know what hell really looks like? Take a look at photographs from the Eastern Front.
>>
>>69965185
Regardless of the situation, Germany had to attack, demographic and industrial trends showed Russia gaining a dominant lead in the next decade and if Germany didn't attack when it did it was doomed to irrelevance.

Germany lost that war before it even began.
>>
>>69966006
Anyhow I really hope you're ready for Chinese landlords to start buying white serfs out from under their landlords' feet

Shit's gonna get pretty hilarious at that point. I'm looking forward to seeing all the threads 20 years from now asking why all the white girls date Asian guys

LOL

I think we're done here, white. Off you go to smoke your heroin and watch your world wrestling entertainment
>>
File: 1060j7t.png (33 KB, 886x501) Image search: [Google]
1060j7t.png
33 KB, 886x501
>>69966211
settle down Elliot
>>
Pretty hilarious how I singlehandedly shut down every white in this thread
>>
>>69965185
Yes this absolutely doomed Hitler. It was an inevitable war, of course, but Hitler got into too quickly.

I can hardly blame Hitler for thinking he could do it. Russia was absolutely fucking retarded at the time. Whether Hitler thought they were mobilizing for an invasion or not, they weren't. They didn't even mobilize as they watched the Germans march right up to their goddamn borders because Stalin was in denial. Only after Germany kicked in the fuckin door did Stalin come to terms with it and kicked the ol' Russian war machine into Soviet-gear.

During the first half of Barbarossa Russia suffered INSANE losses because they simply weren't preparing for an invasion they saw coming. But then winter came and Russia pulled up every able bodied 12 year old they could and pulled out the grittiest victory in their history.
>>
>>69965934
>You guys as a civilization are literally where the Ottoman Empire was in the 19th century

And you are trying to imply that China is somehow a capable force? They are laughable and technologically backwards. Their rural countryside in in complete shambles and their cities are a disaster.

Japan? Japan is a protectorate. They have no freedom of national will because that is dictated to them by the West.

North Korea? Give me a break.

Tell me then what "Asians" are taking over the world?
>>
>>69966388
still trying to figure out why you guys just can't say that it's because whites are inferior

like you guys need to run all these circles and do all this dodging of the obvious truth

just tell me why
>>
>>69966447
The Boxer Rebellion didn't end with a Chinese victory.
>>
>>69966388
>Only after Germany kicked in the fuckin door did Stalin come to terms with it and kicked the ol' Russian war machine into Soviet-gear.

That old saying, "The whole rotten structure will come down...".

It's easy to say that the German's steam rolled over the Russians, and that they did, but Hitler's ego and his determination to micro manage affairs he had little knowledge of while ignoring the wisdom of his highly skilled officer pool meant that objectives that should have been taken before the winter were not.

I can't say they still would have pulled it off but it certainly would have been an entirely different story.
>>
>>69966414
Your underestimation of China is probably the funniest thing ITT

like you are so arrogant and hopped up on the smell of your own farts that you don't even see the blindside coming

like how many of you hideous freaks have to lose factory jobs, how much debt do you have to go into, how many wars do you need to lose, how many times do you need to get embarrassed by 2nd tier powers like russia before you realize your time is done

literally the only thing keeping your race afloat right now is chinese magnanimity, perhaps maliciousness, to assist you in taking out as much debt as possible so that your entire civilization is financially enslaved for the next 500 years

oh, and trump's not saving you

now let me pop these nuts in your mouth because your faggot ass just got fucked
>>
>>69965843
>>69966168
I have herd this meme all my life, that Hitler was to blame, but arguably, Hitler was the only reason Gemany wasn't wiped out diplomatically or strategically in the first decade of the war. I've also heard to meme that the economy was "running on fumes", but I've never heard anyone do an objective, well researched critique of German economic innovations that seemed to magically transform the nation. Both those aspects of third reich history are as heavily jaundiced by allied propaganda and liberal historians as every other aspect of that period recorded and judged by the victor, including the "intellectual poverty of fascist thought". Some of the greatest minds of the 20th century were fascists, and much of the Nazi leadership were geniuses.

Are there any sources that indicate definitively that the german economy was "hollow" and bound for collapse?

Are there any concrete studies of strategic decisions Hitler made that indicate his influence was deleterious -- specific examples?

Which books should I be looking at for these answers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MejbBsSAP8I
>>
>>69966388
Bullshit, Stalin was preparing for war, years before it actually happened. Germany's biggest mistake was starting a war at all, they should've continued their unbelievable growth, they should've continued with the Haavara agreement and reestablished paying their debt. Now we would've had natsoc all over the world, cause other countries would've liked the German model of constant growth and no banker shit.
>>
>>69966480
Fairly sure they have an incredible terrible track record in general, then again what is that weirdo ranting and raving on about?
>>
>>69966742
how you're pretty much half mongol after what the soviets did your women in ww2
>>
Hitler could have won the war had he concentrated on his London assault
He put someone who in all fairness was a dope. Goerring has a fat useless slob who cost precious moments for the Luftwaffe in the battle of Britain
Had Hitler not foolishly let thousands of allied troops leave Calais, it would have bought him time to assault London correctly. A conquered Britain would then make a concentrated effort on Russia possible.
Britain wouldn't have fueled Yugoslavia's alliance to the allies, which would have prevented Hitler from invading Yugoslavia and cost time to invade USSR
The the us would have also likely not join the european theatre and likely if Hitler was smart (he wasnt) he wouldn't have allied with Japan and foolishly declared war on the us

With USSR occupied, Hitler could then concentrate on creating a long range bomber and hypothetically a nuclear bomb, and taken the fight to the us.
Russia would have likely been a forever occupied nation. Like Iraq. So Hitler would have needed to genocide Russians.
>>
>>69966609
>Your underestimation of China is probably the funniest thing ITT

They are a paper dragon. Their industry is uncertain at best look at the investment trends and look how fragile their markets are.

They expand into Africa only to find the ruins of the last time a civilization tried to expand into Africa.

They're slowly shifting their economies towards a Western model because they know it works.

>like how many of you hideous freaks have to lose factory jobs, how much debt do you have to go into, how many wars do you need to lose, how many times do you need to get embarrassed by 2nd tier powers like russia before you realize your time is done

Who is this we? The French and Germans do not certainly make up the entire framework of the "white" population.

>literally the only thing keeping your race afloat right now is chinese magnanimity, perhaps maliciousness, to assist you in taking out as much debt as possible so that your entire civilization is financially enslaved for the next 500 years

I'm not quite sure you understand what enslavement means. Is enslavement having "debt" to a country who's workers are paid dismal wages to produce goods at inexpensive rates for your stronger economy?

Is enslavement having a stronger, better trained and equipped military than your so called "slaver"?

>oh, and trump's not saving you

So that's what this is all about. Great attempt there pal but the China meme died in the early 2000's and everybody but you seems to know it. Just the other month we were all reading about the potential of a Chinese economic crash because their economy is that fragile.
>>
File: 1454015896806.jpg (17 KB, 640x406) Image search: [Google]
1454015896806.jpg
17 KB, 640x406
>>69966609
>constant wet fisting noises
>stormfags
>stormweenies
>cucks

Are you still here? No one is having their feelings hurt by someone who speaks in baby talk. Everyone here is used to far worse than your pleb tier shitposts. No one cares kid.

(You)
>>
>>69966607
I agree, the obsession with Kiev was totally damning. Had he listened to the generals he could have at least slowed the mobilization and then who knows where it goes from there.
>>
>>69966791
Eh, given what basically everyone who remotely wanted a pancake faced monkey pet did to yours, ranging from the actual Mongols to European occupants with too much time to even the frigging Japanese I'm not sure you want to open that can of worms.

But hey, nice try! I guess shit posting is new to the Chinese and you simply lack the equipment for it.
>>
>>69966838
>Had Hitler not foolishly let thousands of allied troops leave Calais, it would have bought him time to assault London correctly.
But at the time Hitler was anticipating British negotiation. He thought Churchill would recognize he had no strategic advantage, and could sue for peace. He offered Churchill multuiple truces, but Churchill constantly refused.
>>
>>69966885
nice memes

like I said, your civilization is literally the ottoman empire in the 19th century

territories getting picked off in the Mideast

in horrendous, insurmountable debt

moving towards populism

population is lazy and stupid (see yourself)

in the next 5 years or so the US is going to get sonned by somebody, probably China, and people are pretty much international markets are going to go haywire withdrawing capital

looking forward to this moment and watching the fire sale on white pussy while you cucks get left out to dry
>>
>>69966954
Don't drive him off, I find him amusing. He's so fucking angry he seems like a parody. Dude if he's a genuine Chinese do you think we could get him to do some videos where he is jumping around shouting and screaming?
>>
>>69966671
>Are there any sources that indicate definitively that the german economy was "hollow" and bound for collapse?

To be fair this was never my point.

>I have herd this meme all my life, that Hitler was to blame, but arguably, Hitler was the only reason Gemany wasn't wiped out diplomatically or strategically in the first decade of the war.

This however, was. You are understanding my point perfectly. Hitler's strength was in his ability to get people to work together and bring out a well disciplined and methodical character in people who worked for him.

The problem was the fact he was a man and that meant he was prone to the same faults as the rest of us. When everyone is giving you praise all the time, when you are at the top of the world there is the chance it gets to your head and in Barbarossa this was evident. Men such as General Hoth and Guderain were not taken seriously and yet they were the ones who understood the reality of the situation firmly. Hitler dictated the objectives in Barbarossa which meant wasted time on purely symbolic objectives because thats the way Hitler thought. Hitler was an artist and an idealist before he became The Leader and don't you forget that. I'm not saying it's a necessarily bad trait to have because it's what allowed him to gain power and bring a broken Germany together and back onto the world stage but he over stepped his usefulness and became a liability to his own nation because of his own ego.

I am an advent lover of fascist thought but the trend is that the one on top tends to let their ego get the better of them as time goes on and this directly coincides with a collapse.
>>
>>69966168

talking about the Barbarossa offensive being a mistake is really a waste of time.
Anything that made Britain or France enter the war was a mistake, period.
Hitler could have just stopped at a few countries and be done with it but he got greedy, plain and simply.
>>
>>69967147
you do realize that you inhabit a nation where a large portion of your citizenry are literal cuckolds whose women got taken, fucked, and jizzed inside of by conquering soldiers, don't you

like i wouldn't even be talking trash if i was you
>>
>>69966742
He's some dickhead. I'm entertaining him because I'm polishing off a bottle of wine and I'm amused. I haven't seen someone try the Asian cuck story yet. It's a first for me at least.
>>
File: 1459809546840.png (79 KB, 1006x294) Image search: [Google]
1459809546840.png
79 KB, 1006x294
>>69967147
I've already added him to the filter. 12 year olds come into these threads desperate for attention, offering nothing. They belong on >>>/b/ not here.
>>
File: oy vey.png (23 KB, 451x423) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.png
23 KB, 451x423
>>69967102
>but Churchill constantly refused.
eternal anglo
>>
>>69967102
Yes. And any intelligent person would have kept the troops as prisoner until Churchill could negotiate.
That was Hitlers weakness. He thought he was fighting some sort of comic book version of a war. Where you by sheer willpower alone. This thinking proved to have cost Hitler on numerous occasions.

Unfortunately for history, Hitler lost. I could only imagine how advanced Nazi Germany would have been had it won...
>>
Reading heinz guderians memoirs, you get the sense that Germany focused on operational objectives at the expense of the strategic ones. For instance, encircling and destroying soviet armies at Kiev was an amazing feat, but it cost valuable time and initiative to accomplish at the expense of strategic aims.

Guderia posits that not striking straight for Moscow and getting bogged down with mopping up and encircling the Soviet forces on the initial invasion was a strategic blunder.
>>
>>69967116
Does Ordos ring any bells? The Chinese economy is more fragile than the North, South or even European one. You guys desperately need all of them to buy your trash.

When the global economy went haywire for a short time a few years ago China was hit the hardest. Entire factories closing over night, millions losing their jobs.

Add to that the huge chunk of the Chinese economy which is in real estate aswell as construction sector and you're set up for a huge collapse fairly soon one way or another. There's a reason rich Chinese are buying property outside China.
>>
Hitler slipped on a banana peel and gave the Soviets a free counter-attack. Then the idiots propagandized it into a "great patriotic war".
>>
>>69966681
Poland started the war on the orders of France and Britain
>>
>>69967425
i am really shocked you are still talking to me

are you a fucking autist
>>
File: 51651665.jpg (35 KB, 788x548) Image search: [Google]
51651665.jpg
35 KB, 788x548
>>69965471
Asians got their shit pushed in everywhere that wasn't an steppes environment for horse archers.

Russia(Muscovy) decided to become a vassal for the mongols
They never got conquered.

Slavs are their own race that evolved alongside Asians over thousands of years.

Examples of rape babies are the Spanish and Italian people form Arab conquests
>>
>>69967116
>like I said, your civilization is literally the ottoman empire in the 19th century

We are technologically on top of the world militarily contrary to the Ottoman's who were vastly behind the Europeans.

>territories getting picked off in the Mideast

We never had territories in the Mideast. The biggest fault we had was attempting to setup friendly regimes in the region and plunging ourselves head first into a nightmare situation. But that isn't our biggest problem.

>moving towards populism
It wouldn't be the first time in US history a populist won you know.

>population is lazy and stupid (see yourself)
The population was always lazy and stupid it's just more evident now that we've got the internet.

>in the next 5 years or so the US is going to get sonned by somebody, probably China, and people are pretty much international markets are going to go haywire withdrawing capital

China can't even hold a stable market in their own region nevermind internationally. They built a big old yellow statue of Mao in the middle of some dirt hole while their own people work in miserable conditions for dirt pay. Maybe that was the point, a little tongue in cheek humor.

>looking forward to this moment and watching the fire sale on white pussy while you cucks get left out to dry

The world is certainly changing and we are certainly ripe for another smackdown but your little sexual fantasy is only that, a fantasy. Every generation eventually becomes the Conservatives of Tomorrow - the difference here is the changes were more radical meaning that we will see more radical reaction.
>>
>>69967354
>He thought he was fighting some sort of comic book version of a war.
Again, how do you offer peace while wiping out or taking hostage an entire division or more? It's just this repetitive castigation of Hitler, but it doesn't bear out in the history I've read. Hitler didn't start the war, he didn't want war, and yet he's tarred and feathered with this endless mantra of "insanity, stupidity, purility". It just doesn't tally with the facts. Hitler didn't "luck out" into reforming his country the way he did, and dominate all of Europe, even for a short time. That simply isn't something that happens by lucky accident.
>>
>>69967475

Why are Japs really good at banter, but the Chinese so terrible at it?

For someone talking about rape babies earlier, a little bit of Nip DNA might have done you some good.
>>
>>69967270
Now you're just trying to copy tactics of people who might actually be decent at shitposting but due to various reasons it comes off more as comical.

Then again, given that the Uigurs are doing that to you guys even now, the same as everyone else did throughout history. Bad choice for an avenue of attack. Then again, you're supposedly Chinese, nothing surprising there.
>>
File: 1409201314546.png (22 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1409201314546.png
22 KB, 200x200
>>69967354
>He thought he was fighting some sort of comic book version of a war.
You're fucking retarded m8
>>
>>69967592
just one question

what does putin's cock taste like

asking for a friend
>>
Would Britain have fallen had Germany gone with jet planes instead of v2 rockets?
>>
>>69967246
>Anything that made Britain or France enter the war was a mistake, period.

It was inevitably going to be this way though. Churchill was not interested in diplomacy and they would have developed a plan to get themselves involved one way or the other the same way they got America dragged into the war.

We all know in retrospect it had nothing to do with defending Poland's sovereignty which proves that Britain had no interest in honoring alliances but merely in curbing German power the same as World War 1.

>Hitler could have just stopped at a few countries and be done with it but he got greedy, plain and simply.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective but I agree with you to an extent anyways.

A war against the Soviet Union was inevitable. Ideologically, the war was going to happen one way or the other. The fact the Soviet's invaded Poland shortly after the German's did proves they had plans to expand into Poland anyways they just needed the right excuse.

As for Hitler, he was a fantastic leader and a man who can bring people together. His fault was his ego which was fed by his own successes and the fact he made his company with occultist loonies like Himmler.
>>
>>69967757
Britain would have fallen with as little as German investment in the Tyfun anti-air program.
>>
>>69967475
Because you are entertaining, I keep imagining you in that stereotypical outfit, jumping up and down angrily shaking your fists as you "scream" in the odd way Chinese do.

>>69967592
Guess this is the end result of "mixing everyone together", this is kinda the fault of all of us. I mean from Mongols, over European conquerors to Japanese everyone contributed a bit of DNA while over there to create this monstrosity.

It's a great argument against mixing all of humanity together tho, because this is the outcome.
>>
>>69967592
>Why are Japs really good at banter, but the Chinese so terrible at it?

Their entire history is Butthurt: The Story.

From when a small island empire kicked their ass to when they tried to muscle in on international trade and got their asses kicked by a bunch of small countries.
>>
>>69967566
>he didn't start the war
>invades Poland
Hitler was an aggressor. If he wanted to win, he had to play dirty. Hence why he invades Poland without a declaration of war. Why he invaded Belgium and the Netherlands who were neutral to invade France who just built a heavily fortified border.
Hitler wasn't smart enough to win because he lived in a fantasy world (likely stemming from all that occult shit he read) where Aryans stick together. Where you win battles through willpower alone. Where people revere Hitler as a messiah. That was ultimately his downfall
>>
File: 1408908516280.jpg (81 KB, 991x686) Image search: [Google]
1408908516280.jpg
81 KB, 991x686
>>69967989
>Where you win battles through willpower alone
This was his biggest flaw. Politically speaking, it works wonderfully and that's what he ultimately was: a successful politician. It's when he applied his success in politics to war that everything went to shit.

The man was surrounded by arguably the best officer staff and the greatest scientists fueling technology in the world yet his ultimate downfall was his inability to differentiate politics from war.
>>
It s all italy fault . If italy was a better ally , germany would have taken over the world . But the US made the nuke so mhee
>>
>>69965185
>If the Nazis had not been defeated, especially if there was a negotioated peace at some point, would the Left have survived the 20th century?

hard to say

the left in the west survived almost entirely on support form moscow. most of them were actively 'educated' and organized by KGB operatives.

unless you destroy the USSR, subversion still takes place.
>>
>>69965185
Barbarosa was sound military strategy. Due to Stalin's purges of the Red Army Officer's Corps, and the unfathomable death toll of collectivization (intentional starvation as a means to solidify power), the Soviets were in the weakest position they had been in generations. More than twice as many Soviets has died under Stalin by 1941 than ALL German War Deaths for the complete and entire Second World War. The Soviets would only have gotten stronger and stronger if Germany had not attacked.

Russia had already attacked Finland, and had done their part to give Poland the Double Penetration. They were highly aggressive, with the stated agenda of Communism being to spread globally.

The best possible outcome in my mind would have been if the Pro-German leader of Poland had not died - and yet Germany still tricked Russia into invading the Eastern half of Poland. Then Germany would have "invaded" Western Poland, but pass right through it to defend Poland from the Russians. Poland meanwhile would have screamed to the British and French to honor their treaty of protection and attack Russia, while at the same time, Praising Germany for defending it. Germany would have been fighting a one-front war against Russia - and in 1939 rather than 1941 (all the better). It would have been one of the most one-sided wars in human history.

Germany would have ended up with control over everything from the Rhine to the Urals, Connecting a friendly Poland and a friendly Finland. They could have made Ukraine and Romania pro German buffer States, granted autonomy to Tito, and within two or three years had control of the entire European Continent with no living enemies, and less than a quarter of a million lives lost.

...if only.
>>
>>69967116
ottomans collapsed because they lost a world war, had 80% of their territory annexed by britain and france, and their core lands occupied.
now i dont know about you, but i definitely dont see anybody invading and occupying US soil.

also, debt only goes so far. the dollar is still the world's prime currency, and america has full control over it. it also controls the most powerful military that ever existed on earth. if you think that is enslavement, you are seriously out of touch with reality.
>>
>>69965678
Mongols never destroyed the whites several times over fuck sake what a load of shit.
>>
>>69965185
A number of blunders along the way killed the third reich all of which could have been avoided instead they continued to compound them i could write a lengthy list if you would like.
>>
>>69965730
>Soviet victory
That changes like every other day, there's 20 vatniks battling 1 assburger.
>>
>>69965185
>Was the Eastern Front the fatal mistake that led to defeat? Was there any alternative?
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Germany lost WW2 in 1939. The short explanation is that Germany couldn't compete with the combined industrial might of the US and UK and the USSR would have stabbed Germany in the back when they were weak if Germany didn't do it first.

The long answer is that Hitler was untrustworthy and had no reasonable endgame. If you set out for war without an end game you are gonna have a bad time. Hitler wanted to unite German people, make Germany great, get lebenstraum, etc. However his plans to attain those goals made him no useful allies and numerous enemies. The whole reason Britain and France backed Poland wasn't because they hated Germany or were Jewish puppets, it was because last time Hitler claimed that he had no more demands after his last one was the treaty of Munich, and less than a year later Bohemia and Moravia were annexed, Lithuania was forced to hand over Memel, and soon afterwards Hitler was demanding a Danzig corridor. Long story short people had reached the point where they realized that if they let Hitler get what he wanted he would just be back making more demands a year later.
>>
>>69972725
Now comes to the actual war, Germany was poorly prepared for war. I don't mean in the sense that they lacked strategic objectives (which they did), or that they lacked the industry to compete with Britain and the Commonwealth with US aid (which is also true), but the German army even by 1939 was undersized and poorly equipped. While the Pz I-IV were decent and effective tanks, Germany lacked any means to deal with heavy allied infantry tanks, and to make matters worse the allies in the west outnumbered them. The reason Hitler approved of the Manstein Plan wasn't because it was a genius plan, but because it was the ONLY way Germany could have hoped to defeat France. Despite the risk involved (if the offensive was cut off, destroyed, or halted Berlin would likely have fallen by 1942 at the latest) Germany succeeded in large part because allied leadership was very top down while German leadership was focused on low level initiative giving low ranking officers significant autonomy. There were several times where the allies came dangerously close to cutting off the German spearhead which would have been a military disaster that would have made the Falaise Pocket look minor.

However even with the French lines broken Hitler had no guarantee of peace with France, what really saved his ass was the collapse of the Third Republic. However, Hitler fucked up in another way after defeating France, his terms on France were absolutely brutal. Versailles wasn't that bad considering the cost of WW1, the German terms for France were much worse, giving up massive chunks of their colonies, a chunk of their nation to German annexation, the complete disbanding of the French military (even Versailles allowed Germany some military forces), and the occupation of more than half of France. The terms were so crippling that even if Britain wanted to negotiate with Germany (for the most part they didn't) anyone hoping to would be shot down.
>>
>>69972725
>>69972757
So now we can get onto the actual fronts. Germany dealt with several fronts during the war but for simplicity sake I will divide the German fronts into the Eastern Front (the war in Finland, Poland, the Baltic States, and the USSR), North Africa, and a general European theatre (Italy, France, the Benelux countries, Germany). So up until 1941 Germany only had to face Britain and the commonwealth. Operation Sealion was a fantasy concept more than a serious idea, even if Germany somehow gained air superiority over Britain their lack of any appreciable surface fleet made an invasion of Britain a doomed effort. However, Italy had opened up a land front with Britain in North Africa and were fucked from the start. Even ignoring the state of the Italian army, Britain ruled the Mediterranean and as a result supplying and reinforcing German and Italian soldiers in North Africa was a difficult effort which was doomed to eventually fail as they were forced to face more numerous and better supplied commonwealth soldiers.

Now lets go to the Eastern Front. The eastern front was a clusterfuck for numerous reasons, while annexing the region was effectively impossible breaking up the USSR and forming Ukraine, the Baltic states, and other constituent states of the USSR into independent countries was possible. However, Germany managed to actively antagonize the population which combined with Soviet propaganda about the Great Patriotic War ensured that the war was essentially doomed no matter what. With resources tied up in Africa and later Italy and western Europe, as well as allied strategic bombing raids and lend lease supplies to the USSR. Germany was trying to fight a war of attrition in a hostile country with a country with a massive population and foreign aid. As one can imagine this is a pretty fucking difficult thing to achieve especially when you have two more fronts to put up with and constant insurgency throughout other occupied countries.
>>
>>69972725
>>69972757
>>69972771

Finally we reach the European front. If Germany was doomed in 1939, D-Day was simply the coup de gras, the massive allied invasion against a weakened region of Germany forced Germany to withdraw massive forces to try to contain the western allies while trying to prop up an Italian rump state and battling the allies in Italy. Even before this point the allies invasion of Italy greatly weakened German capabilities in the east as German forces had to prop up Italy lest the allies get to march up Italy straight into Germany. In fact the battle of Kursk had fairly significant German forces withdrawn to deal with the western allies in Italy, although even had the soldiers been kept in the east Kursk probably would have been a lost cause.
>>
File: 1458781252737.png (168 KB, 748x756) Image search: [Google]
1458781252737.png
168 KB, 748x756
>>69965934
>Ironically the vast majority of those scientific papers are either fraudulent or written by Asians in the West
kek
this is like a contemporary WE WUZ
>>
>>69965185

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oBZFUpIehk

This goes over it in detail and what went wrong and right.
unfortunately it was once one hour long video...
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.