[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is AllLivesMatter a strawman argument against BlackLivesMatter,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 14
Is AllLivesMatter a strawman argument against BlackLivesMatter, in that they aren't implying other lives don't matter?

Or are they just a bunch of niggers with no jobs who have nothing better to do, regardless?
>>
Black leafs do not matter
>>
if BLM cared about black lives, they'd look to affect the actually significant mortality factors for black people. ie other black people and abortion.
>>
>>69960018
They are black, their lives don't matter
>>
>>69960018
Actually I think BLM is the strawman. All the high profile cases they cite are not good examples of innocent blacks being gunned down for no reason.
>>
BLM is just a bunch of poor black people who blame white people for their problems. Black on black crime is just as bad as white on black or vice versa. They just want to shout about how oppressed they are even if they're not.
>>
>>69960247
Suicide is always the worst, and black suicide rate is actually lower (win some lose some).

Dealing with death and dying isn't so simple.
>>
>>69960374
They're trying to tie their movement to a high profile event hoping most people won't look deeper.
>>
>>69960018
the fact that they need to tell us that black lives matter indicates that black lives don't matter
>>
>>69960018
#nolivesmatter

Fuck this gay Earth
>>
Black Lives Matter is a leaderless movement filled with extremists blacks who have a shitty uninformed opinion on race and racism in America. Their hearts are in the right place, they want the best for their people. The problem is they're largely uneducated and are blaming whites like whites blame Jews. I have a lot of empathy for blacks, more-so than most of /pol/ I'd say. That doesn't make them any less retarded when you look at them as a collective unit though.
>>
>>69960018
As far as an argument goes it's really just a dismissive tactic, I don't think it falls under strawman.
>>
BLM is just used by niggers so they can loot and murder and say it's for a good cause
>>
>>69960585
No doubt. It's a combination of that and the fact that they seem to have no conception of fairness/justice. Justice and wanting 'revenge' to them are the same, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>69960376
>90% blacks killed by blacks
>7% blacks killed by whites

"just as bad"

how is bongistan? dont forget to wear your hijab in public
>>
>>69960018
>thinking blacks care about any other race
>flag
>>
>>69960701
Maybe more like #thepeopleicareaboutslivesmatter
>>
>>69960018
Black lives matter the least to blacks. Blacks are the greatest killers of blacks.
>>
File: djkdkdk.png (56 KB, 695x850) Image search: [Google]
djkdkdk.png
56 KB, 695x850
>>
>>69960018
daily reminder that the crown jewel of black culture is not washing and/or grooming your hair

they;re goddamn simians
>>
>>69961008
>>69960993
Ding ding ding
>>
File: Kill-All-Whites.jpg (86 KB, 938x621) Image search: [Google]
Kill-All-Whites.jpg
86 KB, 938x621
>>69960018
All lives matter includes whites, and therefore incompatible with the ideology and beliefs of some of the supporters of black lives matter
>>
>>69960247
Their argument is that black on black violence is perpetrated by criminals that should be prosecuted. BLM seeks to stop the alleged systematic oppression perpetrated by the government and society.
>>
>>69960018
When I was looking at the 500+ people caucusing for Bernie in my precinct today, I was struck by their incredible diversity. There was the pretty feminist young woman in a wheelchair, the feminist lesbian couple who seemed so in love, the single motorcycle feminist dyke, the 40-something hippie lesbian feminist, the retired college professor feminist, the young Hispanic feminist with pink hair and her 3 feminist friends with blue, green, and purple hair, teaching one of the most adorable little baby girls I've ever seen that men are evil, young feminists and old seemingly everywhere you looked. Overall, the picture quite honestly looked just like Sanders' America ad - feminists of all races, creeds, colors, artificial hair colors, and ethnicities enthusiastically standing and waving #ImWithHer signs.
>>
>moonman moonman, black lives matter

theyre worth less than fecal matter
>>
>>69961008
>per 1,000,000 members of the murderer's race
well if you qualify it like that of course black on black is going to be that much more since there are less black people
>>
>>69960789
I agree.

That and they've been a golden source for the media to race bait for clicks and ratings.
>>
>>69961222
Blacks commit crime at a disproportionate rate.
>>
File: Bradford 2.jpg (39 KB, 620x423) Image search: [Google]
Bradford 2.jpg
39 KB, 620x423
>>69960903
I'm up north, it's not as bad here but it's slowly getting worse, there's areas I just straight up avoid because fuck walking around in a sea of walking black postbox's.

Got pissed of at work last week when I couldn't take the lift because a bunch of mudslimes decided it was time to pray and picked in front of the lifts doors as a good spot to do it.
>>
>>69961222
There needs to be some statistical analyses, as opposed to descriptives in charts. Any papers been done on this?
>>
>>69961093
I've never heard of that before. Black people have all sorts of hairstyles.
>>
>>69960018
Less than a fifth of the population commits nearly half the murders and has the gall to turn around and lecture me on the value of human life.

You don't have to IMPLY that black people think life doesn't matter, nobody else in America has anywhere near their addiction to wholesale slaughter.
>>
>>69960018
I think the BLM argument against stuff like ALM should be along the lines of cancer. When you have an event to support treatment for, say, breast cancer, you don't see people with lung cancer and prostate cancer protesting them saying "ALL CANCER MATTERS."

No, they acknowledge it of course, but they are focusing on that cancer. So what I'm trying to say is BLM needs to be more like cancer.
>>
>>69961008
SOCIOECONOMICS
SYSTEMIC RACISM

any other buzzwords that can be used to brush off these problematic statistics?
>>
>>69961593
People supporting lung and prostate cancer research aren't called racist
>>
>>69961222
Actually that is how you compare 'apples to apples'. By looking at a quantity per some number of people, you are looking at something more intrinsic to a population.
>>
>>69961201
But is it justified in the grand scheme of things? How can one deduce that a cop shooting a black guy, when the black guy was approaching with a deadly weapon for example, is due to racism? Doesn't that shit happen with whites also? Isnt this just a cop problem as opposed to race?

They don't have any data or proof that it's due to racism, only biased observation. I'd like to see some studies on this shit, unless I'm totally out of the loop and there are
>>
File: TT1G1xm.jpg (64 KB, 1205x720) Image search: [Google]
TT1G1xm.jpg
64 KB, 1205x720
>>69960018
the truth
>>
>>69961780
YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MAEL
>>
Why all these "Black people" posts with questions regarding the race? You already know the fucking answer.

Pick a state, country or continent, and blacks are a burden, therefore need to be put down or avoided. That was the fucking answer in the 90s, it's the fucking answer in current year, and it's gonna be the goddamn answer in the future.
>>
>>69960789

I used this argument debating with a BLM fag in person.

Basically told him that BLM could have been something positive and inclusive but the message was lost instantly when BLM decided to block roads and highways to piss everyone off.

You can't scream and intimidate people into believing in your cause, that's what makes BLM fags retarded because they legitimately believe they can.
>>
File: images (27).jpg (12 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
12 KB, 299x169
>>69961158
Not all, obviously, but i assume it is the case for this person.
>>
>>69960018
"Black Lives Matter" doesn't make any implications about other lives not mattering. If I said that weight-lifting matters, that doesn't imply that jogging or playing sports aren't important. Therefore, "all lives matter" is a totally impotent reply to BLM. Sure, whites feel better when we can drown out BLM protesters by chanting "all lives matter," but they're not getting to the heart of BLM's main charge.

What the slogan "black lives matter," DOES imply is that all non-blacks (mainly, just whites, though) are racist, and if they are not told that black lives matter over and over, then they will never learn it. The appropriate response is, therefore, to either verbally abuse the BLM protesters and call them nasty human beings for implying that you are a racist, or else just ignore them. Since it's really not possible to prove that you aren't a racist in a 60 second conversation with a stranger, ignoring them is really the only option. They should be handled the same as any other bullies who call people names, and engaging them and giving them any attention, in a sense, is a win for them.
>>
It is a straw man to claim that All Lives Matter implies that Black Lives Matter implies that All Lives Matter. Your move, leaf.
>>
>>69961593
It ignores reality, though. BLM? Really? Is that in question in America? America is bending over backwards in every single measure to help out black people and minorities. Instead of focusing on advancing the best and brightest in our country we're always focusing on the bottom part of society...which right now is the blacks. It's an incredible drain on resources and I don't really see much gain from it..except more complaining when inevitably it fails.
>>
>>69961679
>source is from 2013

outdated source.
>>
>>69962007
>If I said that weight-lifting matters, that doesn't imply that jogging or playing sports aren't important

it kind of implies they are not AS important
>>
>>69962167
Explain why.
>>
>>69960018
>Or are they just a bunch of niggers with no jobs who have nothing better to do, regardless?

No, it's a Soros-funded effort to stoke racial tensions. Why do you think that the vast majority of people that they rally behind as "unjust murders" are people who were blatantly in the wrong?
>>
Man, fuck blacks. Imagine how nice our cities would be if they were cities rather than zoos.

Imagine how much more prosperous america would be without them.
>>
>>69961593

For BLM, it seems like it's more:

Smoking causes cancer (black people kill black people all the time)

Red meat is marginally linked to cancer (white cops are racist against black people and like killing them)

And BLM is protesting against red meat, when they are blissfully unaware of their habit of smoking 25 packs a day
>>
>>69961780
>How can one deduce that a cop shooting a black guy, when the black guy was approaching with a deadly weapon for example, is due to racism?

They can't prove it but they're well aware that just calling someone a racist can be just as damaging to someones credibility given todays PC climate.
>>
>>69962007

All lives matter is essentially telling BLM fags to shut up in short.

You have to subvert BLM fags by first telling them that they had their hearts in the right place but they fucked it up by being violent shitbags. You can't shout at white people into supporting your cause.
>>
File: 1453768202627.png (239 KB, 708x537) Image search: [Google]
1453768202627.png
239 KB, 708x537
What if no lives matter?
>>
>>69962708
>All lives matter is essentially telling BLM fags to shut up in short.
Right. Telling people to shut up is not undermining their cause, though. Which is exactly my point. "All lives matter" makes us feel better, but it's just a knee-jerk reaction to an annoyance. It's not an intelligent, focused response crafted to counter BLM.
>>
>>69962846
Then all lives matter equally. We shall have reached the promise land!
>>
>>69960124
>>69960018
ALL BLACK LEAVES MUST HANG
>>
>>69962439
>live in a rural town that's almost completely white except for a few indians and blacks
>virtually no crime (last crime I can remember is a murder-suicide from two years ago)
>peaceful and quiet
>most people here are fairly nice

I honestly feel sorry for Ameribros who don't live in small towns. It's the good life here. And the cost of living is low.
>>
>>69962906
They're needs to be another short and snappy logical response then
>>
>>69962906
>implying that niggers are capable of listening to a well-reasoned and logical response
>>
File: 1451578191023.jpg (117 KB, 700x562) Image search: [Google]
1451578191023.jpg
117 KB, 700x562
>>
File: BlackLivesMatterProtest.jpg (370 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
BlackLivesMatterProtest.jpg
370 KB, 1500x1000
This is what they are like. Real high IQ winners. I could only hope my sister or daughter gets married off to one of them.

They don't give a fuck about whites. Black Lives Matters is the most racist, we wuz kangs, Malcolm X black panther shit I've ever seen. It's about black superiority. If the police shot a violent nigger for attacking them, you really think they care that he was a felon?
>>
>>69961780
Blacks resist arrest 9 times more often than whites.
Yeah I wonder why cop shoot more black people.
>>
File: 18123124121.png (83 KB, 250x290) Image search: [Google]
18123124121.png
83 KB, 250x290
>>69963123
>>
File: 1441249182940.jpg (10 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
1441249182940.jpg
10 KB, 276x183
I've never been involved in twitter politics nor plan to, but to think that #BlackLivesMatter implies other lives don't matter is just being willfully ignorant and mad.
>>
>>69963047
No, there doesn't. You always have the option to ignore a bully. Just look at what Donald Trump does when someone in the media asks him if he's a sexist, misogynist, racist, xenophobe, islamophobe, white supremacist. He doesn't address any of them charges. At most, he will just say "well, there are people who say some nasty things, and it's really sad."

>>69963110
Re-read: >>69962007
I never said that our response should be a "well-reasoned logical response." All I'm talking about is what "all lives matter" is not.
>>
>>69963283
>any of them charges
*the charges
>>
>>69960018
All lives matter just means "shut the fuck up, you stupid niggers". It's funny watching niggers try to argue with people who saying it because they think it's an actual argument. It's just low IQ on display. Once you realize that, Black Lives Matter becomes hilarious. Watch their protests. It's some of the dumbest people in the country standing around saying some of the dumbest shit you will ever hear.
>>
File: 1458335053309.jpg (46 KB, 480x690) Image search: [Google]
1458335053309.jpg
46 KB, 480x690
>>69963202
I bet you're the kind of fag that thinks #WhiteLivesMatter isn't ok.
>>
>>69963283

You're right. The response should be a billy club to the face.
>>
>>69961780
>Isnt this just a cop problem as opposed to race?

Well yeah, BLM was largely a message to cops.
>>
>>69963283
What about the times when they block traffic or make someone's commute really shitty? Just ignore? How about the constant media coverage they get skewed postiviely for them? Just ignore?

Well I guess easier said than done
>>
>>69962906

It's just a short counter. A "no" to their "yes".

Any half intelligent person can pick BLM fags apart in a formal debate.
>>
>>69963430
If Donald Trump is denied the Republican nomination in spite of having 1230 delegates, and you're protesting outside of the Convention, would a bunch of cops clubbing other protesters in the faces neutralize your complaint or legitimize your complaint?
>>
The BLM narrative doesn't even make sense. More white people die to police brutality every year than black people.
>>
>>69963524
With the subject matter of race added of course
>>
>>69963404
#WhiteLivesMatter is redundant. Nothing about society calls a white person's value into question.
>>
>>69963559
The old 4chan adage holds true in life as it does on the internet: "Don't feed the trolls."
>>
>>69963700
It's not that it doesn't make sense. The narrative is perfectly coherent. It's just not factual.
>>
>>69963739
http://www.salon.com/2015/12/22/white_men_must_be_stopped_the_very_future_of_the_planet_depends_on_it_partner/
>>
>>69963739
It's subjective though, much like BLM
>>
>>69963739
Nothing about society calls a black person's value into question. In many aspects of society, their lives are valued more highly than white lives, for example equal opportunity employment laws, housing laws, affirmative action laws, the availability of scholarships, the standards for getting into college, the standards for being considered crime-free, and so many more double standards skewed toward favoring black people over whites.
>>
File: 1453512794701.png (117 KB, 2327x1161) Image search: [Google]
1453512794701.png
117 KB, 2327x1161
>>
>>69963731
Yeah thanks reddit, I had no idea what the "black" part of BLM stood for. If it's a conversation started by blacks, about blacks and isn't demonizing other races in the process, what is your ultimate point concerning race here?
>>
>>69963967
So much this
>>
i never understood their end goal, what exactly do they want to help achieve their goals of "ending racism"?

Legislation? They bitch and moan that the government is systematically racist and other lunacy.

I know its idiotic to reason with the mentally ill, but what the fuck do they actually want to do besides make noise, steal donations, and ruin lives?
>>
>>69964105
Niggers from BLM basically want there to be no police in nigger towns and cities so they can chimp out without the police interfering

They want to make petty crimes like breaking into peoples homes or vandalism legal so they can nig to their hearts content. There's nothing more destructive to blacks than other blacks, fucking niggers are going to burn their own to the ground.
>>
>>69964105
Unlike the Occupy Wall Street people, BLM actually has a list of demands. They amount to basically: gibsmedat free shit, get dem cops out my hood, gibsmedat weed, and release all jamals from prison.
>>
>>69964009
I'm saying the same argument can be made against BLM, the redundancy argument can be made against them from a different perspective like >>69963944 did
>>
>>69963944
>equal opportunity employment laws
EOE is simply a statement that the employer won't discriminate in their application process, it's not a way to pick one group of people over the other. If the most qualified applicant is a white man, he will get the job no matter what.

>housing laws
What does that have to do with race?

>affirmative action
AA. is. a. meme.

>school stuff
It's called "thinning the gap" due to widely different quality in upbringing and education, not double standards.
>>
>>69964559
Please get some life experience, or at least do the bare minimum of homework before opining about how you "don't understand" protected classes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_class
>>
What does blm even want? It just looks like a glorified black supremacist movement.
>>
>>69964559
>widely different quality in upbringing and education
Okay, and this is due to?

>AA
Alright bud
see matriculants
https://www.aamc.org/download/321498/data/factstablea18.pdf
>>
File: don'tcallitagrave.jpg (81 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
don'tcallitagrave.jpg
81 KB, 1024x1024
Why is everyone here pretending that black people are in any way en masse supporters of black lives matter? Google crowd pictures, this "black group" is 95% white college kids
>>
#NoLivesMatter
This was obvious when Obama won a peace award for murdering unarmed children in the same way Zim-zam did with the Jello pudding pops.
>>
>>69960018
no. the "all lives matter is a strawman" is the strawman. black lives matter only cares about niggers and their mealy mouthed excuse that their slogan isn't relegating other colors to insignificance simply cover for that fact. being the monkeymen they are, they started bleating their nonsense before thinking it through and then in true leftist fashion, they doubled down on stupidity.
>>
>>69965363
>race/science a social construct

Fucking everything is a social construct

Their ideology is a social construct

Our ideologies are social constructs

Shall we just throw away all social constructs and go back to our basest? Shall we become nothing but mere animals who know no better, because we will perpetually reach this debate?

No, they want to cherry pick what they want to throw out and replace with their brand of logic and reasoning. It is straight up indoctrination.

I wonder how the people who came up with the concepts of logic, reasoning, and science would react to this state that academia has reached.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.