[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virginia Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 253x199
redpill me on the commonwealth of virginia. i am considering moving there from massachusetts. and don't worry i plan on assimilating, not shitting up the place like a lot of northerners do.

- are the people ok?
- is the cost of living reasonable?
- do bosses treat their employees well?
- what jobs are there?
>>
>>69949727
What part of virginia? This is critical OP.
>>
>>69949727

bump
>>
>>69949820

near dc, but i would eventually settle in the country out in the western part of the state.
>>
>>69949930
The area around DC is pretty much like anywhere else in the stretch from DC to NJ except with slightly saner laws until the state finally flips.
>>
>>69950092

what do you mean by when the state flips. i dont want to live in another liberal shithole
>>
>>69949930
>are the people ok?
lol, no
>is the cost of living reasonable?
lol, no
>do bosses treat their employees well?
Just as well as Massachusetts.
> what jobs are there?
government and contractors for the government. I think some there alot of multinationals that have their american headquarters there as well.
>>
Richmond/Chesterfield area ok?
>>
We're full, stay away.
>>
>>69950265
Richmond is a dindustan kept mildly functional by VCU hipsters working as a dindu buffer.
Chesterfield is pretty suburban. You can live their and it's pretty inexpensive too.
>>
>>69950191
Loudoun County here. Northern Virginia isn't really Virginia culturally, but it is legally. The southerners keep our gun laws reasonable, we execute murderers, etc. But the state is gradually moving toward the left, as NoVA keeps getting flooded with immigrants and liberals from other parts of the country that come here for defense/government jobs.
>>
>>69950191
People moving to NoVA to work in DC + a bunch of left-voting minorities in other parts of the state will eventually turn VA into something like MD. We already have a Democratic governor. The people in NoVA are also annoyingly leftist.

If you move out west the people will generally be poorer and less educated but also less liberal. The mountains are beautiful.
>>
>>69950451
Richmond is actually ok. I live there and if you can steer clear of the vcu students and hipsters it's a pretty nice city.
>>
>>69950235

what makes the people so bad
>>
>>69950718
Too much affluence and liberalism.
>>
Pretty much anywhere outside of DC is redneck territory.
>>
>>69950451
>>69950629

Do the dindus get out to the suburbs much? What are best suburbs of Richmond?
>>
>>69950957
Have you even been to Virginia once? Richmond is liberal and newport news/norfolk is nigger infested. Even Charlottesville is kind of liberal because of UVA.
>>
>>69949727
Southwest VA is dank, we like shooting eachother a lot down here tho.
Also cost of living is dank and if you want a job in engineering or some kind of factory job that pays 25 dollars an hour. We gotta place for you nigga
>>
>>69951057
There are a few in some areas but it isn't very common.
>>
>>69949727
The best part broke away during the Civil War
>>
>>69951177

how are the gun laws?
>>
>>69951306
>west virginia
>better than Virginia
TOP KEK
>>
>>69951057
The midlothian/moseley area is pretty nice. Chester is a mix.
Henrico is more expensive and fairly dindu free. I know less about it though.
>>69951348
No gun license or magazine restrictions.
>>
>>69951437
Give it a few years. Once the libs in NOVA outnumber you, you'll get California style governance. Then I expect a bunch of NOVA fags will be moving to Martinsburg to start the cycle all over.
>>
>>69951348
VA is a shall issue state, salty baby killers are fine, open carry, no capacity restrictions or anything like that. The only troublesome areas in our gun laws are 1) we don't have statutory castle doctrine. We have a common law version of it that is a little messy. And 2) if you want to by a salty rifle you have to prove you're a U.S. citizen, which is no problem for us, but for immigrants, I guess it's a problem for them.

Also our knife laws are ridiculous. You can't conceal carry legit knives here. It's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>69951143
I rarely if ever head into those areas, so I didn't realize it was that bad in those places. I'm feel lucky that I live in a predominantly white area.
>>
>>69951527
Thanks
>>
We have a AAA loan rating.
>>
>>69951709
>implying I live in NOVA
Fuck that shit, I live in Richmond. While it may be liberal, if you live in the right parts and avoid niggers and hipsters it's a pretty nice place to live desu.
>>
It's so nice to see a thread with all American flags
>>
>>69951829
Yeah avoid Newport News and Norfolk like the plague. Everywhere else in Virginia except NOVA is alright.
>>
>>69949727
VA is the best state, come on down.
Staying in NoVA will mean no one cares that you're a damnyankee, and once you've assimilated enough you can go anywhere.Protip: metro is shit, you'll drive to work anyways. Live further out and get better land& living arrangements.
>>
I live in west virginia and its shit.

Dont come here.
>>
>>69949727
As an illegal immigrant living in Virginia, it definitely has some of the best benefits on the east coast
>>
>>69951900
I forgot to mention, there's little public transport. It's not like they can get on a train and pay you a visit.
Also, henrico has the same population as chesterfield county in about half the area, so many undesirables can't afford to live there.
>>
>>69952410
We used to go to Charlestown, WV when we were 18 because they let you into strip clubs over there at 18. Gotta be 21 in VA and DC.

West Virginia strippers are absolute pigs.
>>
>>69951709
>Implying they already don't from MD
>>
>>69951527
Midlothian is the best but is expensive in some parts. Henrico is also pretty good but there are some nigs but they stay segregated from the nice parts. Goochland is also pretty nice.
>>
>>69949727
They voted for Trump so they can't be that bad
>>
File: 1458179765869.png (65 KB, 2376x1584) Image search: [Google]
1458179765869.png
65 KB, 2376x1584
>>69952527
YOU

HAVE

TO

GO

BACK
>>
>>69952527
triggered
>>
>>69949727
Ive lived in Virginia my whole life. I've lived in Richmond, Reston, Williamsburg, and Berryville. Virginia is extremely diverse in that it has very wealthy and very poor areas, very urban and extremely rural areas, too. IMO its one of the best states in the union. Its purple, has pretty decent gun laws, and amazing history.

>Are the people ok?
Kind of. Lots of rich people in the north and generally friendly yokels in the south. There are some surfer bros and some yuppies too. It all depends where you live. Northern virginia DC metro area is almost entirely wealthy and white. Those places are expensive the closer they are to metro access.

>Is the cost of living reasonable?
Again, it depends. Living in Richmond I payed about 300 a month to live with 2 other people in a 3 bedroom house. You can get a roomy apartment alone in richmond for 500 a month, but you can also easily spend well over a million for a house near DC. Again, the closer you are to DC, the prices get ridiculous.
>Do bosses treat their employees well?
Idk where this ever happens.
>What jobs are there?
Computer jobs and government jobs.
>>
>>69949930
NOVA is almost as bad as Maryland.
>>
What the hell is with the reckless driving penalty here? Apparently if you go over 80mph you can go to jail.
>>
>>69953314
this. There are nice parts like Loudon but places like Fairfax, Fredericksburg, and Herndon are full of shitskins
>>
>>69953314
NOVA's traffic will be unbearable in the next ten years. It's already clogged as fuck now. The extending of the HOV lanes did jack shit too.
>>
>>69951143
Fucking hell, this. I hated being stationed in Norfuck, only thing good about it was VA Beach in spring and summer and historical areas
>>
>>69953464
Friend of mine was caught doing over 100mph only got 6 months suspension. Drive carefully if you have out of state plates.
>>
>>69953553
Don't forget the fast lane cancer.
>>
Don't speed anywhere in VA.

VA is anal on traffic tickets.
>>
>>69953237
I grew up in Berryville. Tfw you see it mentioned on the Internet.
>>
>>69949727
Do boss's treat their employees well? Ha I've never heard so much hope from someone. But seriously try SC, the fishing and the beaches alone make up for it. Start your new life in isle palms.
>>
>>69950536
Basically this. NOVA is beginning to run the state.
>>
>>69953968
Can confirm. Received speeding ticket in Virginia.
>>
>>69950235
>are the people ok?
>lol no

Have you ever been anywhere else in VA besides NOVA. Its a very diverse state, as long as you stay away from Newport News/Hampton Some parts of Richmond and NOVA its pretty rural and the people are friendly.
>>
Stay in NOVA. We don't need anymore transplants down here in Richmond. They're already ruining the area, and turning counties that were once Red, Blue.
>>
>>69949727
The drug laws are fucking craaaaazy strict
>>
>>69954099
I've lived in SC and now I for aaaaa the last decade in PA, on the border of NY, so I pretty much grew up between the five States and I have to tell you SC and NC are paradise compared to the northern states.
>>
>>69949727
Unless you're planning on living in the mountains or Southern VA, don't come. Central VA/NOVA is shit.
>>
File: 1453177606435.jpg (220 KB, 1400x823) Image search: [Google]
1453177606435.jpg
220 KB, 1400x823
>>69953885
>Rates change depending on traffic
>From lorton to stafford it's $1.85 to two dollars and some change
>Unless there's an accident and two lanes get shut down, then it jumps to $6.00
Between that and the safety rape corridor they have to be rolling in it.
>>
>>69949727

I live in NoVA about 20 miles away from DC for reference.
>People okay?
Yeah, but it is very diverse here. You name it there is that type of person here.
>Cost of living?
It's okay, but super expensive relative to some parts, but you get paid more. I worked in a law firm that got bought out. When they went through payroll they were shocked at how much more people here get paid than in their base state of Michigan. Not surprising, but gives you an idea.
>Bosses treat people well
Just depends on where you go and work desu. A lot of contracting work around here in IT, which is a headache and a half. But like I said it just depends on where you work and what industry you work in desu.
>Jobs?
Yeah, a lot of jobs. I would say that it usually revolves around finance, consulting and/or IT contracting. There are a lot of government jobs around here too for obvious reasons.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
>>
>>699532 you're a fucking idiot. FUCK YOUR STATE'S HIGHWAYS, FUCK THEM IN THE ASS>>69949727
>>
>>69953237

what i mean by that is that am i going to get screamed at for no reason
>>
>>69954722

if youre talking about MA then yes i agree
>>
>>69954248
Yes, that's why I asked him to clarify which part of the state first.
>>
> Alexandria reporting in
It really depends what kind of a person you are. If you like living around other people and in a more urban environment, with an easy getaway into the countryside, you'll like much of NoVA. The Metro is a complete pain in the ass though, as is VRE, so don't expect the same kind of public transport you are used to. Having said that, it's still better than going 6 miles in 1 hour as I once did before I found better employment right next to a metro station.

You also need to like a Millennial-centric environment, or at least blend in. Literally every single woman down here has a tinder account, so that's ripe for the taking. You need to keep in mind though, not too many people who found work down here did so voluntarily. Typically it's because they couldn't hack it at an entry-level job in NYC or Chicago, so they move to here or Atlanta with something a bit easier. Resultingly, many of our peers have a "mall cop mentality".

It's fun when you're young for the easy sex and superficial friendships, but I plan on moving home (right outside of Philly) by the end of the year. I have 7 years experience and a fiancé under my belt, time to cash out, and move to a more appropriate environment. Underneath it all, pretty much everyone is miserable because we all know it's a facade.

I will say though, DC looked beautiful last week with the cherry blossoms. I plan on visiting for just that reason once I go back "home".
>>
File: hokie.gif (25 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
hokie.gif
25 KB, 599x450
>>69949727
I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-11-15/virginia-town-is-best-place-in-the-u-dot-s-dot-to-raise-kids
>>
>>69956088
LET'S GO
>>
File: HOKIES.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
HOKIES.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
>>69956176
>>
>Virginia. Where doing 10 over is considered a dui.
>>
I live in James City. Jamestown, Yorktown, and Williamsburg are nice if you like colonial history and we also have Busch Gardens. Most neighborhoods here have mostly rich white people, so niggers, spics, and other shitskins aren't too much of a problem. Most jobs here are shitty though.
>>
>>69950589
From Maryland, I'm so sorry we couldn't stop it from spreading.
>>
>>69956038
op here. its better than the mbta trust me.
>>
>>69956439

define shitty. like grueling hours and cruel bosses?
>>
>>69953464

Also radar detectors are illegal.
>>
>>69950265
Richmond north and west side is fine, south is okay until you go too far south (chester is meh)
East is also fine for the most part.

>>69951057
Only the dindus on the south side and downtown getto richmond cause issues. Anywhere else they don't get shot.

>>69952256
It's not a state, it's a commonwealth

>>69953464
Don't drive more than 5 mph over the speed limit and the cops don't give a fuck
Also don't be black, that helps too much it's not really an issue in VA

>>69953968
See above
>>
>>69957203
>east side is also fine more the most part
Nigger detected. It's literally one big ghetto.
>>
Live in the south or west, NOVA is fag central and Hampton Roads is infested with black people
>>
>>69949727
fredericksburg is chill, but stay the fuck out of my town. also, stafford has a 97% conviction rate.
>>
>>69957097
By shitty, I mean mostly fast food jobs and cosplaying as a redcoat in 90 degree weather.
>>
>>69951057
4 niggers came up from richmond, followed a man home from a fredericksburg bar, robbed him and his friend, when he "figgited" around too much they shot him in the head 8 times.

don't trust niggers anywhere, they leak out everywhere.
>>
File: BBkK4cN[1].jpg (2 KB, 100x75) Image search: [Google]
BBkK4cN[1].jpg
2 KB, 100x75
>>69953488
>tfw i live in fredericksburg and in the last 5 years our muslim population has more than quadrupled.
>>
>>69958296
damn man, NOVA is going to shit extremely fast.
>>
>>69949727
I live in Charlottesville. It's not bad, but the Rt 29 construction is a real bitch right now.
>>
File: hisprint[1].jpg (35 KB, 642x321) Image search: [Google]
hisprint[1].jpg
35 KB, 642x321
>>69958672
fredericksburg isn't nova, nova ends at the rappohannock. i'm just glad the niggers haven't started defacing our civil war monuments.

the way general lee stopped the union at the river, we hope to stop the liberals at the same place.
>>
File: Kenmore-Plantation[1].jpg (94 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Kenmore-Plantation[1].jpg
94 KB, 500x375
>>69958755
>>69958755
"someone' i know, stole a piece of a miniture house from here last year.
>>
>>69950536
Wow dude no way I am also from Loudoun county
>>
>>69949930
N. VA fag reporting. Nova is expensive as fuck. $1300 a month for a one bedroom apt. The people are all career oriented and college educated, which is cool compared to shitholes where everyone is human debris.

Bosses will treat you only as well as you are worth. Really low unemployment because of federal govt jobs. A lot of govt contractor jobs but you will need to be able to pass background check and maybe get a security clearance to make the real money. Don't do drugs.
>>
>>69949727
Lynchburg here
This town sucks
Nothing to do because of Liberty
>>
>>69953314
>>69953488

NOVA is nothing like maryland , Maryland around DC has 80% blackvpopulation. At most in NOVA you have asians and hispanics.
>>
Trust me it sucks.
>>
>>69949727
Virginia drivers are literally the worst. This is a result of huge speeding ticket fines ($1200 plus classes for your first offense) and generally poor road designs/layouts. If you're moving to the DC area, I would highly suggest you avoid VA at all costs.
>>
>>69959825
It is better than living in Maryland or DC
>>
>>69949727
I'm from Richmond.

>Are the people ok?
Mostly. Buy a house in the west end if you don't like dindus and if you don't like college cucks don't go downtown.
>Is the living cost reasonable?
Yes.
>Do bosses treat their employees well?
Yes, especially in small/local businesses.
>What jobs are there?
Lots of insurance/law firms. Richmond is also a big food town so probably some restaurant jobs or opening a restaurant.
>>
File: Hogan a Christian.jpg (551 KB, 1642x1824) Image search: [Google]
Hogan a Christian.jpg
551 KB, 1642x1824
>>69949930
OK Here's the full redpill on virgina OP--

Pretty good state. Good to very good gun laws. Now clearly the state is below a New Hampshire or Montana, (but this is critical here----) the state is right next to DC (Jobs, Federal jobs hello?

So as far as a state with 'jobs' virginia is the best by far, especially when you compare it to absolute shit states in that category (CA, MD, NJ, NY)

But there is some nanny state bullshit, taxes, car tax and some crap like that, so know that, and if you have a job lined up in DC, move to VA.
>>
File: GODSAVECAROLINE.jpg (26 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
GODSAVECAROLINE.jpg
26 KB, 500x390
>>69949727
Why move to Virginia when you can move to NORTH CAROLINA?!
>>
>assimilating
The South isn't a propositional nation like America is. You'll always be a transplant.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.