[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bug out bag thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Essentials tin1.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
Essentials tin1.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
What do you keep in your bug out bag? Pics would be great.
Pic there is a tin of the bare essentials I would need, snare wire, condoms (for carrying water, potential use for barter) wire saw (useless except for cutting metal) chainsaw chain on webbing handles, cotton wool, vaseline (for making firelighters or for chapped lips etc) folding knife with a _tiny_ ferro rod, ferro rod, can opener (redundency) compass (the one on the pocket knife is useless. I've since moved my Gerber 'Grilled Bear' knife sharpener (which advised lots of use on the carbide; morons) for a lansky blade medic; much better, the Gerber one resides along with another one in my BOB superglue for first aid on cuts, butterfly sutures, (have a separate surgical kit with scalpels, sterile surgical thread, sterile sewing needles and a needle driver, surgical stapler, more superglue, bandages, sticking plasters (band aids) and a whole lot more all made compact enough to fit in my schoolbag sized rucksack, though I have a hiking one where I would just throw the BOB into it along with a coleman stove, petrol and a sleeping bag. Handle of the tin has about 7-10ft of 550 paracord wrapped around the handle as well as two flashlights.The rest of the tin's contents are self explanatory basically, steel wool and four button batteries to use to light fire if all other methods fail. The alcohol prep pads (for IV injection) are for either firestarting in inclement conditions (though I've a 150ml bottle of meths which I'll use first) or for sterilising the area around a wound. Zip ties are just useful in case someone needs restraining or something needs zip tied. After that the three baggies contain charcotton, fine tinder and rough tinder. The knife is shaving sharp (and was my go to gutting knife until lately.

Sadly guns are hard to get in the UK so I opted for a crossbow and some home made decorative broadheads (from spoons; no shit) so it goes along with the kit. I'm hitting wordlimit so I'll follow up.
>>
>>69945260

>no toilet paper

Paki detected....
>>
>He fell for the Gerber meme

Seriously, Gerber anything is garbage
>>
File: bugout_suggestions.jpg (2 MB, 2524x1728) Image search: [Google]
bugout_suggestions.jpg
2 MB, 2524x1728
This is the last pic I have of mine. I have added more stuff since then. I've added some pouches for ammo + holster. I also added a camelback.
>>
>>69945260

Vasaline a condom and tweezers.... lol

Are the batteries for some kind of anal simulator?
>>
>>69945260
>he has pointy metal bits
A sharia officer has been dispatched to your location
>>
>>69945260
>>69945260
>no gun

lmao, ayy good luck faget.
>>
>>69945862
I swapped out jeans with non-cotton outdoor pants. I added toilet paper and removed two of the meal packs. I added 5 more lighters, some firestarters, and windproof matches... I added a radio/crankcharger/flashlight a wool blanket, a tarp and some walkie talkies.
>>
>>69945260
It's more of a firebox than a BOB, but ~$5k in cash, ~$5k in gold and silver coins, ~$2k in CAD and pesos, 2 passports, hard drive of personal documents, and some very personal pictures.
>>
>>69945260
Eight magazines for my vz58, TP, lots of bottled water and dried food.
Of course I have all of the small useful things like my multitool, compass, IFAK, a few pairs of socks.
I don't pretend I'll use any MUH SURVIVAL GEAR if I took a bunch of shot along I couldn't keep a steady jog with on my back.
>>
>>69946315
>some very personal pictures.
I don't think dick pics are gonna help you in a survival scenario
>>
>>69946417

kek.

I'd post mine by GCHQ is watching.
>>
File: 1452800336895.png (362 KB, 579x334) Image search: [Google]
1452800336895.png
362 KB, 579x334
>>69945260
The only thing you need is a gun, so you can go full bandit-mode and steal from people who prep.

They kill you? Whoopty do, it's the end of the world. We all die, you either kill yourself or get killed.
>>
>>69946501
GCHQ Is always watching
>>
>>69946417
Old family photos, and some pics of my trysts in asia and europe, was in the navy for a while.
>>
>>69946535
I added an ar15 to my kit after realizing I'll be a prime target. Also, yeah, I can lay siege on yuppies in their cabins and take their supplies.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 267x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 267x233
>>69945260
How fucking old is he? Why isn't he dead yet?
>>
>>69945260
You should get some water purification crystals. I'd also get a machete. I would recommend the K-bar Kukri 2.

You should also pick up some cheap food that's light weight and easy to vacuum seal like ramen and granola. Puncture the wrapping with a pin, and then vacuum seal it to get some DYI MRIs.
>>
The spoon broadheads were heated, hammered flat, sharpened at a 17 degree angle (lansky system) while they were soft then tempered and resharpened to give razor sharp edges. The bow itself is a 160lb recurve and I'm snapshot accurate with it. The bag further contains more cotton wool, night vision (gen 1 'digital' which is good enough; I've a starlight cascade scope I built myself though it's bulky and gives off a high pitched whistle. If I were to convert my house to a fortress then I'd use the passive NV over the semi-active NV in the BOB. There's an SAS guide, pencil eraser, kit for making char, and room for my SAS survival knife (I've an Opinel no7 sharpened to a razor's edge on a coticule stone I use for my razor and a Mtech 'tacticool' neck knife with no scales but holes for loosening or tightening bolts. It can always sport a paracord (I have roughly 100 ft of 550 paracord) handle if bolts don't need to be loosened.

I wouldn't consider myself a prepper, more a survivalist. I can snare small game with ease, have a decent aim with a slingshot and of course if SHTF I have a xbow and experience in living in a forest for a week or so at a time, if I want I gun Northern Ireland is full of currently illegal assault rifles so I can straight up trade for one (have excellent poppy seeds which grow massive opium poppies with high potency and yield by the kilo which would 'sell' well as I'm sure morphine or Heroin would be in demand more than ever in a SHTF situation, or I could just don my ghillie suit, wait for a murdering para shithead to get in my sights and xbow him with a 4.5cm wide decorative (not for use, unless of course there is no more law) broadhead, grab the rifle and any ammo and move on.

So /pol/ do you keep anything for the happening?
>>
>>69945692
I know. If you'd bothered to read my post it's since been replaced with a lansky blademedic.
Gerber IS garbage and they use "Muh Bear Grylls" to market it.
>>
>>69945862
That is a great kit.
Pity we have noguns here.
Though if I wanted to I could get a Gock 18 for £200 off 'a friend of a friend' with mags being £20 each and bullets being £1 each unless you buy 50+ they drop down to £0.50.
As for assault rifles, I could darkweb them though if my house was dawn raided I would go into home invasion mode and send arrows at the invaders, so best to stick to noguns for the time being.
>>
>>69947673
Thanks, I've been slowly working on it for the last year.

I didn't even notice you were English... Yeah, the gun thing is a bit of a bummer. Way harder to get rabbit, squirrel, etc so you can forage for your own food. Though the good news is, you're much less likely to be shot, lol.

I guess for you, your best bet is just to survive longer than the average person and then hope you can coordinate with a community that can handle hunting, farming, etc.
>>
>>69948050
Also >>>/out/ and >>>/k/ are good places to gather knowledge on weapons and survival equipment.

See what /k/ comes up with for improvised survival weapons for someone without access to the good stuff.

/out/ probably has a bugout/survival bag thread going on right now. Some of those guys have some pretty efficient little packs going.
>>
>>69945490
What are leaves for?
Also it's not like I'm going straight to the pharmacy to take half of their everything if there is a real disaster; under the promise that I keep the workers fed and watered.
That said the pharmacy in question leads onto a mall which could easily be converted into a small stronghold.

As for cutlery I have a MOD survival knife (the knifechete) a large skinning and gutting knife with a guthook, a small skinnning and gutting neck knife (20 degree bevel, lansky up to sapphire, almost razor sharp), an Opinel Carbon steel knife (no:7) sharpened on my coticule stone to razor sharpness (had a shave with it, good results) so one _big_ knife, one large knife, one small knife and two folders (the Opinel and the one pictured; 20 degree sapphire stone sharp.
As for surgical and first aid training I can (though am not 'qualified' to stitch, staple and glue wounds) perform CPR, use an AED, drain abscesses using a scalpel (no qualifications for that) administer naloxone (handy if someone is on painkillers and they accidentally go over), I have 3 kits in the house, one in my room, one in the first aid kit and one in the BOB; got the training for charity work with homeless, I don't say no to free medical training, I can also do everything a first response course teaches you such as splinting bones and again I'm unqualified to (but have) a CAT tourniquet. Something you should look into. Less than £10 and could save your life.
>>
>>69948050
Northern Ireland is full of AR15s and AKs off the books so to speak. They go for about £800 if you know who to talk to. Still a crossbow is good for obtaining one from a shithead in a crisis.
Good news is that blank rounds and gunpowder (in a certain amount) are legal online. I may check out the legality of hollowing out aluminium crossbow arrows, using a lathe to cut a diamond pattern into them then filling them with gunpowder and using a blank round with a pin in place over the centirefire and see if I can make 'decoration' fragmentation arrows. I've made a decoration syringe arrow (though it needs buffering to stop the needle snapping in a SHTF situation) though this could be loaded with extract of strichnos nox vomica seeds (strychnine), as an interrogation tool loaded with digitoxin (foxglove) and bring the person in and offer atropine (belladonna) for answers or simply as a delayed knock-out arrow loaded with something like ketamine. Again the legality of making poisons is dubious so I would need to thoroughly check it out.
>>
>>69945260
I dont have a bug out bag but I hear using tampons instead of loose wool saves on space since the cottons compressed, just tear it up for kindling
>>
>>69945862
You seem a bit lacking on medical supplies, antibiotics/alcohol can save your life. otherwise great kit got some ideas for mine from it didnt know about pocket "chainsaws" until now.
>>
>>69950642
The wool I'm using is compressed into circular dies.
I tried lighting a tampon, it just wouldn't take like cotton does, though I'm not going to go through a pharmacy and buy a box of every brand of tampon lol.
>>69951388
I've a surgical kit. That tin is the bare essentials. Cloth from clothes can be used if all I have is that tin.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.