[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone on /pol/ grew up without a male role model? If yes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 95876046056.jpg (45 KB, 600x629) Image search: [Google]
95876046056.jpg
45 KB, 600x629
Has anyone on /pol/ grew up without a male role model? If yes, do you consider yourself a normal, functional man? How critical is a strong male role model in a boy's life?

Personally, my father was never there. I never did things with my father, like playing sports, fishing, or whatever. I grew up playing WoW 12 hours a day, and now that I'm an adult I can say I'm a beta pussy. Don't know if its the lack of a male role model that fucked me up. Gym helped me, but only a little. I'm very /fit/ but still a fucking pussy. Thank god I'm not a sjw male feminist tho.

Has anyone been on the same boat?
>>
>>69941668
My father died when I was 8, but, I joined the military, and I think it straightened me out. I was definitely a pussy before-hand.
>>
Just find a historic figure you admire and follow his footsteps.
>>
i think my role model was someone retarded, like master chief or something

my dad was and is great, always tried to get me into sports, boy scouts, outside activities but i guess i always figured he was a bit of a square and i probably had aspergers so i didn't want to do anything but play video games
>>
>>69941668
My father was totally submit to my mother.
She teach me to never fight.
At 14yo I refused her lessons and I fought back when I was attacked even if I was always the loser
>>
Female no father figure. I like to consider myself better adjusted then most "women" my age. But my attraction towards grey haired men twice my age most likely indicates otherwise.

But hey- at least I can cook and I'm not a whore. Standards are so low nowadays...
>>
File: 1459807878879.jpg (231 KB, 735x1030) Image search: [Google]
1459807878879.jpg
231 KB, 735x1030
>>69942221

Pierre my son...you are now a man!
>>
My father was around but a douche. He was abusive and hated me. I used to hate him for it but now I actually get why. My mother tricked him into getting her pregnant (said she was on BC), so I was the physical manifestation of his loss of freedom.

It literally took me years to get over it. One day I woke up fat, sad, and hating the women in bed with me and turned my shit around. Now I own my own home, have an awesome job I love, married damn near the perfect woman, and am going into investment so I don't have to work until I'm 40. I'm only 23 now.
>>
>>69941668
I was pretty much raised by TV. Better than nothing desu.
>>
>>69941668
my father was an fbi agent. i was a rebellious kid, and since my dad was very conservative, i rebelled towards liberalism. now that i am successful in my field and looking towards starting a family my dad is really who i model myself after and i probably call him twice a week.
>>
>>69941668
I grew up the son of a single mother. Always called my uncle "dad" as he raised me like his son, but alas he lived in another city and I saw him like once a month.

I was very cocky during my teens yrars but eventually moms submissiveness got to me, as she was always a pushover, so I started to be.

So from 17 to 22 I was a pushover, eventually I realized I wasnt happy trying to please everyone, I felt fake, and worst of all, nobody respected me.

I went back to being the same old cocky jerk, and people started looking up to me again. Along the way developed a fetish for fucking people I hate SO's.

In the end I still feel dead inside, and wish I had one real friend
>>
>>69941668
No father, but I read plenty of fantasy and scifi novels when I was younger, and I suppose I chose to model myself after an amalgamation of all the heroes. Not a beta, not a pussy, quite self-confident. I am much less emotional than most people, though, not sure if it had something to do with it, or if it's some other underlying issue. Either way, it works fine for me.
>>
File: AmericanTroll.png (376 KB, 680x499) Image search: [Google]
AmericanTroll.png
376 KB, 680x499
>>69942622

Your his brother, dad. I'm his nephew.

You really are getting delusional are you. Thinking you're an Empire now again, are we old man?
>>
My dad was abusive and neglectful and it definitely took a toll. Part of the problem is that you're left to be raised by the kind of woman who would marry -- and stay married -- to such a man, and that kind of woman is sure to be just as deficient of a parent in her own way. My parents are unlikable people separately, but together they're absolutely toxic.

So yeah, I mourn the man I could have been with proper parenting, and I pay daily for what was done to me. Relative to some people though, I got off easy. I can't imagine how bad it must fuck somebody up to be raised by the state or systematically abused. At least my parents were decent some of the time and I had 25% of a father instead of no father at all.
>>
>>69942634
No. No it isn't.
>>
>>69943303
Dude! Plenty of good stuff on TV! I think Canadian TV used to have less thrash than American TV. I remember watching Mash and some British political/historical humor shows of somekind. Those were great.

I'm autistic as shit now though.
>>
>>69942452
Tits or gtfo.
>>
>>69941668
My father always do as my mother tells. He is a very weak-willed person and even my younger sister can easily manipulate him. Besides work he only reads fantasy bullshit or drinks with his friends on fridays. I'm not even a pussy, I'm a NEET and my only friend is a schizophrenic guy whom I met in the psychiatric facility.
>>
>>69941668
>>69941849
My father died when I was ten, so I was around women for the next 8 years of my life.

I think my martial arts lessons are probably what saved me. Also my Grandpa is super red-pilled, though he lives a gajillion miles away so I don't see him that often.
>>
My dad left us and I'm a tranny.
>>
>>69941668
A strong father and gracious mother are the two most important aspects of healthy child development imo. It's almost a guarantee that a criminal doesn't know his father or that a pussified nu-male doesn't either. Huge reason for slutty girls too.
>>
>>69941668

my father figure is literally clint eastwood, i'm just really down into the shithole to come back tbqh
>>
>>69941668
Yes
Not by any means
Probably pretty fucking important

I'm still a game junkie. I wake up every morning disappointed that I didn't die in my sleep
>>
File: 1456089109402.gif (47 KB, 600x716) Image search: [Google]
1456089109402.gif
47 KB, 600x716
>>69942895

>wish I had one real friend

I know that feel brazilbro. Last time I had a friend was over 8 years ago
>>
I had a negative role model, someone who was so terrible at everything that I stopped trusting him at around 10 or so? I was smarter than him (not difficult) so I ended up doing the opposite of every statement and example he produced.

Naturally the few things that he was right about I also did backwards, which has been the source of some of my problems

I don't know how to compare my experiences with others, I tend to be a lot more arrogant than others, confident socially, but I don't have the skills to back up my supreme self confidence, so I end up looking stupid pretty often, sometimes without realizing it.

The only thing I can recommend is that you not miss opportunities to fine tune some aspect of your life. If you don't know who you are in relationship to others, that's going to be a huge weakness, but you have the flexibility advantage, you won't get stuck in one particular worldview.
>>
>>69944660
>Huge reason for slutty girls too.
Slutty girls usually just follow their mother's example.
>>
File: gkmmwjw.jpg (43 KB, 324x500) Image search: [Google]
gkmmwjw.jpg
43 KB, 324x500
>>69942116
Sounds legit.
>>
>>69944308
What is this /b/-tier degeneracy?
>>
>>69942707
Cold you ask him to do his fucking job and arrest Hillary Clinton?

Or else throw his fake, plastic badge in the fucking river.

Sincerely, American Patriot.
>>
>>69941668
My parents divorced when I was 5, but I saw my dad on weekends. He was pretty neglectful really, never taught me anything and just let me run riot around the village while he gardened or went for bike rides. I hate him.
>>
>>69942935

France is not a part of the commonwealth tho

what are you even talking about?

and we STILL have more land than you over sea...we have 13 colonies still and some of them are on your own doorstep,bermuda caymans the virgin islands and the turk ones..stay mad!
>>
My dad beat me every once in a while (shit stopped at 16 though), told me that my presence turned the house in to a looney bin and accused me of ruining his marriage.

I don't particularly like him. The fact that he's a fucking beta white knight on top of it all just makes it worse.

Just seek role models elsewhere. Historical figures, especially.
>>
File: 1459028835347.gif (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459028835347.gif
1 MB, 1920x1200
What about either parents?

My childhood was all sorts of fucked up. My dad was out working in Hong Kong, and I took up a gunsmithing apprenticeship to get away from my violently schizophrenic mother.

I grew up to be a furfag and an actual fag, though my political beliefs are fairly right wing for this day and age.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.