[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wrong side of History? Check! Hypocrites? Check!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7
File: bill the butcher.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bill the butcher.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
Just a reminder that anti-immigration rhetoric is on the wrong side of history. The people who are anti-immigration today would of been part of the Know Nothing Party back in the 1850s and they were on the wrong side of history. You're also all hypocritical just like them. You guys are hypocritical because unless you live in Europe then your ancestors were immigrants. Bill the Butch is hypocritical because despite hating the Irish he becomes friends with Leonardo DiCaprio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJNFnYPJHWA
>>
>>69940118
bump
>>
>>69940118
>Just a reminder that anti-immigration rhetoric is on the wrong side of history.

Anti ILLEGAL immigration.

FTFY Mapletard.
>>
>>69940505
WRONG! The Syrian Refugees are coming into Europe legally and people are protesting.
>>
>>69940118
WHY IS NO ONE RESPONDING TO MY THREAD!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEE
>>
>>69940546
"Refugees" are not immigrants.

Refugee is a temporary resident who will return to his place of origin unless granted asylum, which may be permanent or temporary.

A refugee does not automatically become a citizen, or should he expect or receive benefits and rights greater than actual citizens.
>>
>>69941015
What? I never heard that rule? So should all the WASP Pilgrims return to England? Got you there. Besides most of the Irish immigrants applied for the army to get citizenship.
>>
>>69941219
The Pilgrims were settlers.
>>
>>69940118
The Whig view of history, that there is a "right" and a "wrong" side of history and that things progress only one way, is laughably absurd.
>>
>>69941348
Well good thing that line of thinking wasn't used back in the day considering the migrants and refugees that came after built America what it is today.

And before
>muh degeneracy
Americas glory days was with these immigrants/refugees
>>
>>69940880
kek (you)
>>
>>69941495
Except you watch Gangs of New York and it's obvious Bill the Butcher was a racist xenophobic piece of shit.
>>
>>69940118
i honestly dont mind immigration if we make them work and abolish all taxation but military funds and police
>>
>>69941589
I meant with something to actually add to it.

>>69941643
That is understandable but most anti-immigrant parties are like Billy the Butcher. Hate immigrants with a passion for no reason.
>>
>>69940118
bump
>>
Trump said

anti-illegal immigration you stupid leaf cuck
>>
>>69940118
>assuming they integrate
>>
>>69942601
Except he wants to make it illegal for a refugee to immigrate here stupid fuck, making them ILLEGAL immigrants if they come here

>>69942664
They did integrate. They were a part of America during it's glory days.
>>
>>69940118
>rhetoric

The left's new favorite five-dollar word. Like "problematic", anything said that includes this word is not worth listening or responding to.
>>
>>69941711
Good goyim remember to pay your holocaust repercussions goy!
>>
File: 1396732369306.jpg (23 KB, 283x309) Image search: [Google]
1396732369306.jpg
23 KB, 283x309
>>69941608
You say those words like they're an insult.
>>
>>69940546
>The Syrian Refugees are coming into Europe legally and people are protesting.

No, they aren't. Firstly, most aren't Syrians or refugees. Secondly, most are coming on boats from Turkey, a safe country, which means they aren't refugees and illegally entering Greece and Italy. A refugee is someone who seeks refuge in the nearest safe country (Turkey), they minute they leave Turkey they are no longer refugees.

This is population replacement on an industrial scale, driven by the EU & UN, with a goal of undermining homogeneous nations, watering down national ties, with an end goal of creating one world government run by unelected bureaucrats with the sole aim of making profits for big business. It's literally white genocide.
>>
>>69942931
So you attack my words instead of my point. Wow

>>69942954
This has nothing to do with that

>>69943058
He was obviously stupid that's the whole point of the movie.
>>
You Irish bug bastard
>>
File: 1455825436371.jpg (23 KB, 432x445) Image search: [Google]
1455825436371.jpg
23 KB, 432x445
>>69941553
Shut up leaf. You keep getting BTFO.

>made me reply. Gr8 b8
>>
>>69943097
Well Turkey isn't safe. There are no jobs for them in Turkey, even really low paying jobs and no welfare. So they will starve to death if they go there. That's not safe.

Also the Irish refugees could of gone to Africa but they went to America.

>>69943142
Proving my point

>>69943167
Trolls aren't welcome bud
>>
>>69942785
No assuming current ones do.

It just doesn't look that way... definitely not in Europe.

Any "immigrant" knowingly breaking immigration laws should be thrown out. They're illegal aliens.
>>
>>69940880
Cause obvious bait is obvious. Illegals are who we dislike. It just so happens we also hate Muslims so putting a lock on rapefugee status is a good thing. They have plenty of places to go in the middle east anyways.
>>
>>69943290
Proving your point how?
>>
>>69943290
>Turkey isn't safe

Yes, it is, there are literally thousands of British people going on Holiday in Turkey right now. They advertise Turkey as a vacation spot on TV in Britain. British embassy says it's perfectly safe, as does the UN, NATO & EU.

>Also the Irish refugees could of gone to Africa but they went to America

I fail to see your point.
>>
tfw irish
>>
>>69943308
Except many people wanted to illegalize Irish immigration to America in the 1800s.

>>69943371
Please leave troll, you aren't welcomed here.

>>69943558
By being a racist, I don't throw that word around but you are directly criticizing me based on race.

>>69943667
>holiday
Yeah and they come with money. Living their is dangerous because of unemployment which leads to starvation.

>I fail to see your point.
Irish didn't go to the first country they were allowed into, they went to the land of opportunity. And if they didn't happen history would be totally different.
>>
>>69940118
Just watched this movie two nights ago, leaf, god damn Daniel Day Lewis is a monster. He steals every scene. So fucking good! What a flick!

It got me interested in the NYC Draft Riots of 1860, and civil war history.

Excellent movie.
>>
>>69940118
No one will remember you for being on the right side of history
>>
>>69943991
That's not my point man! My point was he was a dickhead, just like the guy he was based on. He hated people just for being Irish.

>>69944156
First good point.
>>
>>69943138
>He was obviously stupid that's the whole point of the movie.
What? No it wasnt. He was depicted as cunning and manipulative, influencing Tammany Hall from behind the scenes.
>>
>>69944241
You linked a video clip explaining why he hated the Irish. They were Catholic immigrants coming to the Protestant new world when they did absolutely nothing to build it. It wasn't just the Irish he hated, it was all Catholics, just the Irish were the majority. You can't really blame him either, why is it that England was a success and Ireland wasn't? I'll let you answer that one for yourself.
>>
>>69944462
He was depicted as a toolbag. A scumbag

>>69944511
What about Irish willing to convert to Protestantism? Willing to become American? You think he'd care? No, he hated them all like all racists do.
>>
>>69944662
If I made a movie depicting him as a hero, would he become heroic in your eyes?

I dont get your point
>>
>>69944241
It's true, Bill the Butcher and 'The Nativists' were on the wrong side of history.

But come on! That performance! What a fantastic job by Daniel Day Lewis. Admit it, leaf, Bill the Butcher was likable despite his faults!
>>
>>69944662
>Irish willing to convert to Protestantism
It would never happen.
>Willing to become American
Being an American back then was synonymous with White Anglo-Saxon Protestants.
>You think he'd care
Obviously he wouldn't care and he's well within his right not to.
>>
>>69943954
>Yeah and they come with money. Living their is dangerous because of unemployment which leads to starvation.

So they're not refugees, they are economical migrants. There are billions of people living in poverty, if they all went to first world countries, the first world countries wouldn't be first world countries for very long.

>>69943954
>Irish didn't go to the first country they were allowed into, they went to the land of opportunity. And if they didn't happen history would be totally different.

Irish were as educated as the Americans, shared the same religion, very similar culture and spoke a common language. The people coming to Europe now are an alien culture, with a backwards religion, who don't speak the language & most of which have no education, they will not be able to find jobs, they will sit on welfare & be a massive burden on the tax payer.
>>
>>69940118

he's making a literal ''fucking leafposter'' face
>>
>>69944999
Read up on the actual character. He was exactly like the movie character. He hated Irish with a passion.

He's also a hypocrite because despite being anti-Irish he befriended Leonardo Dicaprio.

>>69945042
Well it was a great movie.

>>69945087
If they said "you can't come in unless you convert" many would convert.

>Being an American back then was synonymous with White Anglo-Saxon Protestants.
So racism? Wrong side of history because that belief is gone!

>Obviously he wouldn't care and he's well within his right not to.
So it's his right to be on the wrong side of history.
>>
>>69945089
>So they're not refugees, they are economical migrants
But it's literally life or death! They'd starve in Turkey.

>
The people coming to Europe now are an alien culture, with a backwards religion, who don't speak the language & most of which have no education, they will not be able to find jobs, they will sit on welfare & be a massive burden on the tax payer.
Thats what they said about the Irish. Saying "Backwards Catholicism is so much different than Protestantism"
>>
>>69945381
Greentext fail I mean to say

>The people coming to Europe now are an alien culture, with a backwards religion, who don't speak the language & most of which have no education, they will not be able to find jobs, they will sit on welfare & be a massive burden on the tax payer.
>>
>>69945228
>If they said "you can't come in unless you convert" many would convert.
Do you even know why they left Ireland in the first place? They would die before abandoning their faith. In the movie itself there's an Irishman in Bill's crew and he was still a practicing Catholic.
>So racism? Wrong side of history because that belief is gone!
Racism is a term that's culturally relevant. Back then if you used the word 'Racist' or 'Racism' nobody would know what you're talking about. In 50 years from now people like you could be on the wrong side of history and people like me will be on the right side.
>>
>>69945159
LOL I blasted everyone so bad in the argument that they stopped responding.
>>
>>69945789
>Do you even know why they left Ireland in the first place? They would die before abandoning their faith. In the movie itself there's an Irishman in Bill's crew and he was still a practicing Catholic.
I thought Bill hated Catholics/Irish? Why would he employ them? This is proof he's a hypocrite.

>In 50 years from now people like you could be on the wrong side of history and people like me will be on the right side.
I doubt that. Progress gives foreward
>>
>>69945806
Nope, it's a waste of time debating with you since your argument is basically poor people should be allowed to move freely to rich countries, if they were allowed to do that there wouldn't be rich countries. Everyone would be in the same shit hole.
>>
>>69946128
Well it benefits the rich countries because the poor people work and integrate. Without the mass Irish immigration Boston wouldn't be as big, maybe there would be less Allied soldiers in WW1 and 2. It would heavily change history.
>>
>imigrants come
>fuck a election, by voring multiple times

>the city is burn in less than a year

yeah thats is truly the right side of the history
>>
>>69946380
That never happened when the Irish mass immigrated.

Besides as a Brazilian your ancestors were Portuguese immigrants.
>>
>>69946058
>I thought Bill hated Catholics/Irish? Why would he employ them? This is proof he's a hypocrite.
Bill did hate the majority of them, no doubt. But he does mention in the movie that all he wants are people that would be willing to die for America, people who love the country as much as himself. To an extent i guess his character is a hypocrite. But the majority of the Irish and Catholics were just there for an easy living, living off of the backs of Protestant work ethic and the numbers that were arriving would have had consequences on the future of the democratic nation.

>I doubt that. Progress gives foreward
Once again your use of the word progress is culturally relevant, what's progress to you isn't progress to me.
>>
>>69946457
i meant that OP used that movie as a exemple

the ending of the movie is the army killing everyone while the imigrants and pro imigrants side beat and killed niggers left and right
>>
>>69946692
>Bill did hate the majority of them, no doubt. But he does mention in the movie that all he wants are people that would be willing to die for America, people who love the country as much as himself. To an extent i guess his character is a hypocrite. But the majority of the Irish and Catholics were just there for an easy living, living off of the backs of Protestant work ethic and the numbers that were arriving would have had consequences on the future of the democratic nation.
They didn't come for easy living. They came to survive. They were treated so bad in America. Besides many of these Irish immigrants joined the military right when they came, showing they would die for the country.

>>69946747
I am OP
>>
>>69946875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKJ_OOKQVrU

then you know your exemple is bad

Bill was the good guy in the movie
keeping the good costumes and the whole city safe
yeah he was an asshole but to keep people safe you GOT BE A ASSHOLE

the moment he trumble the whole city goes to hell
>>
>>69941553
No, Americas "glory days" were with white European immigrants.
>>
>>69946875
>They didn't come for easy living. They came to survive. They were treated so bad in America.
Okay, I can agree with you that they came to survive and they were treated badly in America. But why would you expect him to treat people nicely that wouldn't even fight or attempt to make their country back home better? Instead they tucked tail and ran.

>Besides many of these Irish immigrants joined the military right when they came, showing they would die for the country.
They were drafted to fight for the Union, meaning not voluntary which at the time the Union was against the interests of working class Protestants such as Bill.
>>
>>69940118

Naturalization Act of 1790

Free White persons of good moral character

Immigration Act of 1965

FUCK DA WHITE MANZ

From 1776 - 1980, the United States was never less than 80% White.

It's 63% today.

Whites under 5 are a minority.

Whites under 18 will be a minority by 2018.

Democrats do it for the votes. Republicans do it for the cheap labor. Universal suffrage was the second biggest mistake. The first was not deporting the niggers.
>>
>>69940118
When you create a civilization out of wilderness you are not an immigrant, you are a creator.
>>
>>69947082
But there were many Irish who wanted to integrate, there were many who would integrate. Bill just hated people because of their ethnicity.

>>69947122
1950s was all white.
>>
>>69946239
>Well it benefits the rich countries because the poor people work and integrate

75% of Muslim women in Britain are unemployed & 50% of Muslim men. Costs £8.6bn a year in welfare.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8054403/Britains-coping-classes-at-breaking-point.html

Two thirds of the migrants who arrived in Germany are almost completely illiterate in their own language, they are completely unequipped for the job marker in Germany & the vast majority are unemployed after a year of arriving.

>This means that something like 2/3 of Syrians can read and write their own language at only a rudimentary level, and can complete only the simplest counting tasks. They will be unable to understand even basic German-language instruction for years. Syrian schoolchildren in the eighth grade are, on average, five school years behind their German counterparts.
Given their low education and skill level, they will be unable to complete a traditional three-year German apprenticeship with its intensive theoretical component. This helps explain why 70% of Syrian, Iraqi, and Afghan migrants who began an apprenticeship in Bavaria broke it off within two years.

>Current sources indicate that only 10% of migrants have the equivalent of a college degree. Two-thirds have no formal occupational training at all. They can be compared with the 14% of Germans who have no formal qualifications. The unemployment rate among this group is 20%, despite the booming economy and their ability to speak German.

http://www.zeit.de/2015/47/integration-fluechtlinge-schule-bildung-herausforderung

Most of the migrants in Germany are unemployed a year after arriving, most will literally be life long recipients of welfare.
>>
>>69947313
>They were drafted to fight for the Union, meaning not voluntary which at the time the Union was against the interests of working class Protestants such as Bill.
Except many would join willingly. Even Trump wants to let in Latinos who will integrate and will act civilized. Why couldn't Bill do the same? Because Bill is the true uncivilized one.

>>69947364
Unless his ancestors were the first people ever in the country, they were immigrants.

>>69947356
>Free White persons of good moral character
Irish are white, and besides skin color has nothing to do with it. Many people of all colors were willing to integrate with America and people like Bill are racist and hates them all.
>>
>>69947565
That problem will solve itself as the Muslim children go to Western school. My point is that those arguments are what they said about the Irish and guess what, they integrated and paid taxes after a few years.
>>
>>69947371
oh they integrated alright
burining and stealing

>Bill just hated people because of their ethnicity.
yeah and that is bad because?
like i said he is an asshole
you need a asshole in power to keep the animals from rioting
>>
>>69947833
>oh they integrated alright, burning and stealing
Kick those assholes out. But it's immoral to turn down real refugees that aren't committing crime, they should immediately deport the ones committing crime.

>yeah and that is bad because?
You turn down great people who would help America if you let them in. Good thing your philosophy didn't happen or America would be a LOT different today, most likely worse.
>>
>>69947692
Nope, the vast majority of Muslims on welfare in Britain are second generation.
>>
>>69947604
>Except many would join willingly.
Willingness was irrelevant at that time, they were fighting for the union which was against the interests of Bill and working class protestants.
>Why couldn't Bill do the same? Because Bill is the true uncivilized one.
Well Bill did do the same, he let an Irishman into his crew. But what is he supposed to do, let in millions of Irish immigrants just in the hopes that they share the same values as him? That's a ridiculous notion.
>>
>>69948011
Well can you explain why they don't work? Is it socio-economic? Because there's nothing about Arabic DNA that makes them lazy or stupid, their country was actually really nice before the civil war. It could be religion, but that same argument was used against Irish immigrants.
>>
>>69948137
>Willingness was irrelevant at that time, they were fighting for the union which was against the interests of Bill and working class protestants.
They fought to abolish slavery. Slavery was bad for working class protestants because it drove down the value of labour to slave-wages (literally).

>But what is he supposed to do
Let them in, if any cause problems, kick them out. They only started rioting when Bill and his guys threw rocks at them getting off the boats.
>>
>>69948008
so you going to expend money to keep people that should not be there out of the country?
>>
>>69948379
Your ancestors were immigrants BTW. So why did the Brazilian government spend money to allow you into the country?
>>
>>69941608
And what does that have to do with the Whig view of history?
>>
>>69948144
This is a problem in every country where there is mass muslim immegration. Firstly, most women don't work in Muslim countries, that doesn't change when they move to another country. Many Muslim men do work, but they work money in hand, working as taxi drivers or delivery drivers for fast food, so they don't pay tax, while simultaneously claiming welfare.

The unemployment rate among 2nd & 3rd generation Turks in Germany is 50%, more than twice the national average. In Australia, it's exactly the same story, double the national average. Britain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Austria. All the same story.
>>
>>69948691
Unemployment means they want jobs but aren't given them. Use keynesian economics to give them jobs.
>>
>>69948618
The Whigs are seen as the losers.
>>
>>69948320
>Slavery was bad for working class protestants because it drove down the value of labour to slave-wages (literally).
It did that in the south, not the north. In the north it just drove down the average wage which mass immigration from Catholics was already doing because people would just hire whoever works for the least.

>Let them in, if any cause problems, kick them out. They only started rioting when Bill and his guys threw rocks at them getting off the boats.
There's more to it than that, like i said before they're a large ethnic group which didn't share the same cultural values as the protestants. In a democratic country that matters because they can influence change.
>>
File: whig_history.jpg (120 KB, 825x723) Image search: [Google]
whig_history.jpg
120 KB, 825x723
>>69940118
REMINDER
>wrong side of history
Is a phrase that comprises the 'Whig History" fallacy. This is teh favorite rhetorical device of leftists for ovr a hundred years.
>>
>>69948783
Complete & utter bullshit. They sit on welfare & claim disability.

If you looked at the link I gave you earlier you'd see in Britain most of them claim to be disabled, thus unable to work.
>>
>>69948963
>>69949038
>>69949076
Sorry I don't talk to xenophobes.
>>
>>69940118

how can i block canadians?
>>
File: HUEHUEHUE.png (628 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
HUEHUEHUE.png
628 KB, 680x510
>>69948483
the indians that were here did not even put up a fight against the portuguese settlers

the same way we didnt realy fight portugal for the country freedom

turns out that when the country was raped by napoleon army the royal family needed a good place to stay,
BUT THEY LEFT WHEN THE COUNTRY WAS ALRIGHT AGAIN.

So when we wanted our freedom we just paid for the reconstruction of portugal and they let us free.
>>
>>69940118

>Wrong side of History

Not an argument.
>>
>your ancestors were immigrants therefore you must always allow uninhibited immigration

this argument makes no sense

our ancestors also destroyed the remnants of the native population as they moved westward, so which ancestors are we supposed to model ourselves after?
>>
>>69949102
It was nice talking to you leaf. Better luck winning your next arguement.
>>
>>69949038
Remember the Armenians were on the wrong side of history. As well as every conquered people.
>>
>>69943290
>Africa
>safe
jej
>>
File: 1459604460121.jpg (143 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1459604460121.jpg
143 KB, 1024x768
>>69940118
>wrong side of history

This is a known shill tactic.
>>
>>69949102
In other words you don't have any rebuttal. I literally presented you with statistical facts, all you go on is your feewings. You've been spouting nothing but nonsensical emotional drivel this entire thread.

You probably don't even know any Muslims.
>>
File: obama_iraqis_2011_2.png (1 MB, 1023x1588) Image search: [Google]
obama_iraqis_2011_2.png
1 MB, 1023x1588
>>69949102
>oikophobe
>doesn't talk to non-Oikophobes
>default xenophobe
Comedic genius.

Are the the euphoric maplenigger that shitposts furiously about what a genius Obama is?
>>
>>69940118
I already explained this to you last thread. But then, you are the kind of guy to whine about two hundred year old slights.

Quit trolling and do something productive.
>>
>>69948144
muslims can only live under dictatorship
>>
>>69950216
This. During the 2004 invasion of Iraq when they were tearing down statues of Saddam Hussein they wanted to put up statues of George Bush instead. What does that say about the middle-eastern mindset and their culture?
>>
>>69949561
He's done this for probably more than a few threads now, at this point I'm convinced it's just the Eternal Leaf shitposting again.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.