[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PTSD A FAKE DESEASE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: images (15).jpg (28 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
28 KB, 313x470
Is ptsd a meme disease or real? It seems that solders becoming Phychos is only a recent trend. After Ww2 their were litterally millions of veterans and 99% of them reintergrated into post war socity successfully. Now you hear statistics that 40% of veterans suffer from ptsd. Seems unrealistic can't help but feel it is just drug companies coddling whiners. Thoughts?
>>
>>69939121
It's called advances in technology lead to deadlier wars which lead to more trauma .
See shell shock from ww1 you fucking kiwi.
>>
File: 1419050480390.jpg (58 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1419050480390.jpg
58 KB, 854x859
>>69939121

It is suspected that the high rates have to do with the variety of medications (things like Adderal, Ritalin aren't uncommon) given to soldiers in combat zones now, the lack of decompression time between transit from active war zones back home now (measured in hours) vs the weeks/months long journey by ship in older conflicts, and the ubiquity of information technology granting a wider awareness of the issues/challenges that US vets face. Also don't forget all of these guys were "volunteers" for the armed forces (and likely later volunteered for combat roles after joining), which seems to hint that these aren't always the best individuals for the job, just those willing to do them. Willingness is a critical part of finding troops, but at the same time one might wonder about the underlying predisposition of those willing to take on this burden, and if it might effect their vulnerability for subsequent trauma.

Also look up rates of shellshock/combat fatigue in WWII, "PTSD" definitely isn't a new thing.

Meds for troops:

http://www.ibtimes.com/medicating-our-troops-oblivion-prescription-drugs-said-be-endangering-us-soldiers-1572217

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/07/nation/la-na-army-medication-20120408

Post WWII pstd

https://historyofptsd.wordpress.com/world-war-ii/

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/07/posttraumatic_stress_disorder.html
>>
>at a party with "just back from deployment" bro
>fireworks happen
>he flips a table, takes cover and starts yelling
>>
>>69939121
It's a real disease dude.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14728092/
>>
>>69940331
That's because his adrenaline has created a short cut in his brain that triggers stress at a high level.
>>
>>69939121
>see all kinds of nasty shit
>get fucked in the head
>OP is surprised about it

There's probably a food or a smell that reminds you of someone or somewhere. Now replace that food or smell with something like fireworks and the memory with the horror of the battlefield.
>>
>>69939121
Tumblr ptsd is obviously faking it.

Militairy ptsd is your brain being so used to constant war zones that the moment you hear an explosion like fireworks you Duck or overreact.
>>
Most of the PTSD issue stems from psychological programming and how wars are fought. Unfortunately, in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, we were not allowed to dehumanize the enemy. Soldiers/Marine who dehumanized the enemy fare better than those who could not (I've lost 3 friends to suicide from this and I see people dying on my fb feed all the time). The dogma pushed ala "Let's win over the Hearts and Minds" causes serious issues that WW2 vets and even Vietnam vets did not face, as Nazism and Communism was allowed to be dehumanized by the Media/propganda. At the current time, Islam is immune to this dehumanization. Really, It's not hard to figure out.
>>
File: 1458265914321.jpg (23 KB, 221x259) Image search: [Google]
1458265914321.jpg
23 KB, 221x259
>>69939121

SSRIs the 'doctors' throw at these guys aren't helping matters.
>I've yet to meet anyone who told me SSRI's helped them and brought them around to a normal state.
>Look at all the mass shooters and their connection to medications...

https://www.corbettreport.com/medicated-to-death-ssris-and-mass-killings/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/obsessively-yours/201212/newtown-shootings-caution-about-violence-and-ssris
>>
>>69939121
I wouldn't easily forget if some chechen fuck took my friends, chopped it, and bombarded me with their meat.
>>
>>69940654
A symptom of PTSD
>>
PTSD is much higher in prisoners than military personnel.
>>
>>69939121
>WW2 Doctor
>"Well sir it seems to me after all of your time in the Pacific just made you tired. Here's some OxyCotin so you can get to sleep easier."

They didn't really know much about psychological trauma at that point, but they knew it was there.

>99% of them reintergrated into post war socity successfully

What in the shit are you talking about? Go ask any of your family members about veterans in the family coming home. My grandfather fought in the Pacific and another was in Sicily and fought in Ortona, both of them came back pretty messed up and riddled with PTSD.
>>
>>69941217
AY HOL UP

So you sayin' we need to give in to Khorne?
>>
File: listennigga.jpg (60 KB, 543x462) Image search: [Google]
listennigga.jpg
60 KB, 543x462
PTSD is a real thing. People get extremely painful flashbacks from it and it basically haunts them.

I have it from a SWAT raid when I was a 14.
>>
Charles Whitman nigga you stupid.7
>>
>>69939121
Is new zealand a meme country?

I mean they have a fern flag and pretend to be white.

But, I mean they really must be a bunch of pedophile sheep fuckers? Thoughts?
>>
File: gays-in-the-military1[1].jpg (112 KB, 550x334) Image search: [Google]
gays-in-the-military1[1].jpg
112 KB, 550x334
>>69939121
>Shell Shock
>Combat Fatigue
>Gross Stress Reaction
>Post Vietnam Syndrome
>Battle Fatigue
>PTSD
>Australia Jr. Shitposting Fatigue

Read a book, nigger.
>>
>>69939121
WW2 is poor man WW1, trenches war that was some serious shit
>>
File: 1451801451993.jpg (39 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
1451801451993.jpg
39 KB, 600x342
>>69941217

>Ignoring the staggering number of psychological casualties we had in WWII/Korea/Vietnam when "dehumanization" was fine.

Armchair general/psychologists can gtfo. The US military even released this film a mere three years after WWII ended to confront and prevent the issue of "neuropsychiatric cases in World War II."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKK5f4E7AFg
>>
Australia's little brother is growing up fast
>>
>>69939121
It's real but it's also being dishonestly over-hyped by traitors in the government who know that our military and veterans are the most redpilled population segment.
>Don't listen to him, he's crazy.
One of the most popular TV shows in America is literally Israeli propaganda defaming critics of the latest Gulf War as converted terrorist sleeper agents.
>>
>>69939121

PTSD is real. I'll give it to you some time if you want.

You really do have flashbacks and hallucinations.

It's like being on speed or whatever.
>>
>>69943071
Whats the name of the show?
>>
>>69939121
Part of it has to do with changes in the way war is fought. Spending years in a low-intensity conflict where you never know when you're going to be sniped or blown up by an IED is much more psychologically harmful in terms of re-integrating into normal life than brief periods of intense combat in battles that have specific starting and ending points, and are separated by periods of relative calm.

Plus, advances in battlefield medicine mean that most people are surviving things that would have killed a man in WWII. The pain and horror of surviving extreme burns or limb loss is going to mess with a man's mind.
>>
File: 1453152338634.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1453152338634.png
564 KB, 719x719
>>69943071

>Not knowing what the "Manchurian Candidate is"
>>
>>69939121
You tell me. This is WWI. Do they look ok?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE
>>
Yes.

https://youtu.be/LsrC5QV_Yrc

>those screams :(
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeGKuTZtkpg
>>
>>69939121
Look up the Greeks and PTSD they even understood that combat fucked people up back then. They even had hospital specific to deal with these issues.
>>
>>69939121
they call obesity a disease
>>
>>69943499
Fuck that video dude, I didn't even watch it but I've seen it before.
>>
>>69943609
I mean it is. It's self induced but it's a disease.
>>
>>69943314
Homeland, with Tim Roth.
Based on an Israeli tv show in which that poor guy who was captured and held for two years by Hamas (I'm a post-Zionist but come on) is basically fictionalized-defamed as converting to the enemy way of thinking in the course of his captivity. So in fairness they're so disgusting that they are happy to insult their own veterans too. Zionism is an insane cult that cannot tolerate any possibility of disloyalty.
>>
>>69943188

Have you considered Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, possibly? It's obviously no silver bullet, but it's thought to be a far less shitty than piles of pills (far fewer side effects too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOhTeiRApb4
>>
>>69943668
>self induced
PTSD is not
>>
>>69943364
That is not the same thing at all.
>>
>>69939121

Shell shock in WWI

Soldier's Heart before that.

There are two major factors for the new "wave" of PTSD: Soldiers are surviving and fighting worse, and the soldiers are a different breed.

I'm not talking training or quality, I'm talking age and social position; Even in nam we had a bunch of older fucks who got drafted. Our new wars are being fought with freshmen, and they're missing a decade of hardship, resolve and experience to contextualize their experience and ruggedize their personality.
>>
>>69942389
Would you care to explain this pain you endure from the SWAT entering your home to us?
Most of us have a hard time believing somebody can no longer have a functional daily life due to lingering disorder from a police visit. The occasional suddenly awakening from your sleep because of a noise at night doesn't seem to count.
>>
>>69943769

It's what the nigh entire premise of the show is based on, fuck wit. Look it up.
>>
>>69939121
A pigeon shit on me months ago and I literally jump when I see one flying over me now (true).

How about watching your best but get it face blown off and blood splattering all over you. Maybe you'd get a little jittery around shit.
>>
To clarify, Homeland is de-legitimizing a political opinion with accusations of treason. Manchurian is Colin Ross dissociation stuff where the Manchurian himself would never utter a controversial political opinion because it would draw attention, and besides, he does not know he is the Manchurian.
>>
>>69943697
Thats different to the one with Claire Danes, isnt it?
>>
File: rotcheels1600.jpg (92 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
rotcheels1600.jpg
92 KB, 600x400
American soldiers are widely known for being poofs. They fake this PTSD to leave the military.
>>
It's fake. Just soldiers being pussies.
>>
File: educated youth.jpg (196 KB, 736x491) Image search: [Google]
educated youth.jpg
196 KB, 736x491
>>69942340
>PTSD is much higher in prisoners than military personnel.
Also higher in inner city american youth.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/05/16/hood-disease-inner-city-oakland-youth-suffering-from-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd-crime-violence-shooting-homicide-murder/

Chicago & Oakland etc are pretty shitty.

In Europe basically the suburbs of cities are shit tier.
In america downtown is filled with filth.

Had a homeless person come up to me at night in the bay area:
him> "do you have any money m.."
me> "nope only creditcard *puts phone against ear to fake incoming phone call*
him>my friend just got shot *pointing to direct he came from *
me> *blank stare* > *seeing some hood rat with white tshirt & pants down & black gun like looking object in hand walking directly towards me while i'm still my phone pressed against my ear*

Assumed he was thinking i was calling the police; pretty sure set a new worldrecord long-distance speed walking that night. Glad they all wear baggy shorts so they can't speedwalk for shit. While speed walking saw an ambulance driving in a sandwich convoy with two police cars.
Some nearby college campus was basically a maze that i used to get rid of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2urNVmKnEaQ
>>
>>69939121
My father and uncle were in a brutal war and they still moan in terror in their sleep fairly regularly. But then they wake up and laugh it off.

Yes, it's terrifying and it stays with you. But it's just something you should deal with by suppressing it - it shouldn't be 'reified'.
>>
File: 1458847792093.jpg (41 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1458847792093.jpg
41 KB, 480x300
>>69939121
>After Ww2 their were litterally millions of veterans and 99% of them reintergrated into post war socity successfully
why do you think baby boomers are fucked up? Answer: the horrible child abuse suffered under there fathers after the war
>>
>>69939121
Soldiers, especially those from America, are huge welfare queens. Of course it's fake. They just want that feel good medication
>>
File: 1446237832648.jpg (1 MB, 1768x2500) Image search: [Google]
1446237832648.jpg
1 MB, 1768x2500
>>69939121
Play Muv luv and get emotionally attached, Then play Alternative and see for your self if PTSD is real.
>>
>>69940199
>PTsd guru here
>>
>>69939121
>It seems that solders becoming Phychos is only a recent trend
>After Ww2 their were litterally millions of veterans and 99% of them reintergrated into post war socity successfully

You are a stupid faggot
>>
File: 1448486237290.gif (1021 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448486237290.gif
1021 KB, 400x400
They have innocent blood on their hands. Cant say of course so we have a made up medical term called PTSD. Send them to the VA and get them some anti depressants doc. Those poor troops who stole oil for us.
>>
File: PTSD.jpg (190 KB, 671x960) Image search: [Google]
PTSD.jpg
190 KB, 671x960
>>69939121
Its hard
>>
>>69943931
The premise of the show is Jew tribalism, in a world where nobody who has a choice would ever stay in the tribe, depending on hysterical paranoia.
It has less to do with what they did to Tim McVeigh and more to do with a roomful of Synanon or Scientology victims trying to scare each other with horror stories about life Outside.
>if someone disagrees with us, he is working for al-Qaeda, that's the only logical possibility
>>
>>69944328
>there are actual people who literally don't believe PTSD exists, even though it's recorded far back into history and makes perfect sense if you're not a fuckass
>>
It's because people are become pathetic faggots.
>>
File: 1447981995609.jpg (1 MB, 1648x2000) Image search: [Google]
1447981995609.jpg
1 MB, 1648x2000
>>69939121
Since you're asking a question, no its not fake. I wouldn't call it a disease either.

I've just seen some shit. Had a few explosions near me as well, which fucks with your body. I'm sure I killed a man, probably deserved it knowing the truth of his culture.

Just glad its over. Futures not looking too good though.
>>
>>69944589
Half of the medical discharges during WWII were combat fatigue AKA PTSD
>>
>>69939121
Combat messes with your head. You're put into a different situation which constantly demands different behavior and emotions. It is just as effective in warping someone's mind as an abusive household or drug use would be.

Calling this a recent trend is like saying climate change is a recent trend. We just didn't have any way to detect or report what we were seeing before, and people definitely weren't recording this before. You can still find references going back all throughout history just like you can see references to vastly different climates.
>>
>>69943786
Average age of WW2 soldier was 26
Average age of Vietnam soldier was 22
Average age of Iraq soldier was 27

so you are full of shit
>>
>>69939121
Simon wessely plz go

Grandad never ever talks about ww2
When nan died he opened for just one day about some of the horrible shit he'd seen that's haunted him till now.
Once heard can't unhear.
People aren't made for such dreadful circumstances.
>>
>>69943750
that's why he added that qualifier
>>
It's real but you won't have it without also hacking shellshock.
If they claim to have it and don't also have shellshock then they're lying or just confusing depression with PTSD.
>>
>>69943741
CBT is literal cancer based meme medicine
>>
File: 56353728.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
56353728.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>69944309

Lol, we had to read numerous PTSD studies in my abnormal psych class. It's an awful affliction unintentionally worsened by parts of modernity like fast air travel and society working as usual and unabated while warfare they participated in continues.

>>69944373

http://www.newyorker.com/books/double-take/homeland-and-the-manchurian-candidate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2014/06/04/what-homeland-and-the-manchurian-candidate-tell-us-about-bowe-bergdahls-return/

It's literally a post-9/11 Manchurian Candidate m80. I'm sure you can see all the references to Judiaism in it either way though, they're not mutually exclusive.
>>
It's very real. I have dreams all the time about missing or failing exams. Usually wake up covered in sweat.
>>
It's a good way to get on NEET-bux for the rest of your life.
>>
>>69944595
Fucking this. OP doen't know trauma. He can't even fathom what it is like, and how it changes you. When you get shot at on a daily basis, every fucking day, knowing people who don't make it, it will definitely fuck up your psyche. A lot of people can't cope as well as others, or suffered way more traumatic situations.
>>
File: happy block.jpg (61 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
happy block.jpg
61 KB, 1366x768
PTSD - along with numerous other current "diseases" like ADHD or Autism - is not a real thing.

When I was a kid, a kid with "ADHD" was called a "dumbass," which is what he actually was. A kid with "autism" was called a "retard," which is what he actually was. A soldier with "PTSD" was called a "psycho," because that's what he was.

When you call something a disease and start treating people for it, something strange happens. People get...better. Because all of a sudden, instead of being an ostracized dumbass, retard, or psycho, the person is now a patient, and getting a lot of attention from caring nurses and psychiatrists with furrowed brows hanging on their every word.

So yeah, you can "cure" retards and psychos by giving them the love they never had.

But there's not a damn thing you can do for the dumbasses.
>>
Prior to ww2 armies were run with european principles. Now they are run with semetic principles. Civilian murder, torture, and women in the force, plus all the degeneracy imaginable... its a different military now.
>>
>>69939121
i think it's just the nature of guerilla warfare.

back in those days though the battles were much bigger a bloodier, at least it was obvious who was friend and who was foe.

since vietnam it's not really obvious who the enemy is and when the battle is on, you go from hanging out with some buddies playing cards to a bloody mess being fired upon in a matter of seconds, you need split second reactions.

no sirens, no slow moving boats, no platoons advancing on you, just a handful of people coming out of nowhere and surprise explosions.
>>
File: 1441425214624.jpg (336 KB, 1281x1209) Image search: [Google]
1441425214624.jpg
336 KB, 1281x1209
>>69945117
Preach, brother.
>>
>>69939121
Most people today have PTSD from criticism and lack of praise so it doesn't surprise me that some people get shaky from losing an arm. It's just pussification of society
>>
>>69944762

It's not about age, it's about life experience.

You hit 21 in 2016, you might be starting your first job out of college. You've finally moved out of the house.

21 was something different in the past, You actually started your life before then.

The Draft proves the rule, because you didn't end up with an army half and half of free college fucks and ASVAB waivers. You had an army of farmers, miners, writers, barkeeps, janitors...

Not an army of hicks, less-armchair patriots and "Warrior-poets"
>>
>>69939121

I DUNNO BUT PRAZOSIN AND PROZAC WILL HELP
>>
>>69939121

You have awful grammar...
>99% reintegrated

98% of combat veterans came back with severe and debilitating alcohol addictions.
>>
In fairness to both sides: when I was in, I knew great people and honestly scum who belonged in prison. Volunteer service. So you have real PTSD cases and you have scumbags trying to game the system. Our veteran service does not help because it was designed by [incoherent cursing] so it treats every situation as a provable or disprovable legal claim rather than a medical diagnosis. You essentially argue in a court rather than get diagnosed, and, like court, the process can easily outlast your lifespan. If you can get a doctor to see you and acknowledge your problem you then must win the argument over the problem's origin. The doctor assigns an arbitrary percentage of blame and, below a certain cutoff, the government is relieved of all responsibility. So no, vets do not get free health care, they have the opportunity to argue and possibly win compensated health care for things provably specific to their service in a time-consuming para-legal process.
>>
>>69939121
You have to understand. Things were different in the post ww2 era. Those that fought were seen as champions by everyone. Not half like they are today.

Our military is based on brotherhood. The men you fight with are the men you've been training with for the past two years. There lives are dependent on you, and you are dependent on them. Tell me that you can watch your best friends face get blown off and not walk mentally scarred for life.

No this doesn't happen to everyone and no not everyone that this happens to suffers horrible long lasting mental trauma but those that do 100% deserve and need the support of the American people. If they can make a sacrifice so can we.
>>
File: 1359661008274.png (208 KB, 680x663) Image search: [Google]
1359661008274.png
208 KB, 680x663
>>69939121
There were more and better reintegration programs that were provided by the government after WWII. Shit, there were even serious lectures called "The Struggle Against Pointlessness" to try to help put into a human context what the returning vets had experienced, and how to go on with their lives.
Now they're pumped full of pills and sent on their merry way with a pat on the back and 60% disability.
>>
File: 4u.jpg (96 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
96 KB, 1000x1000
I have a theory that is brilliant since I made it up myself, but most people are too stupid to understand/accept it.

When soldiers go to war, they go through something called PortalQuip.

>Hi there honey, just another day in america, lovely weather, ooh im watching fun story on tv
1 hour later
>I'm in an airplane
>8 hours later
>I'm in shithole afghanistan all of the sudden, i just took a nap, now im here

Then they go to war, go through tough things
>Ok all aboard
>8 hours later
>Back in Normal-land, holy fuck this is weird.

My theory, if soldiers walked by foot, or by car from afghanistan towards home, from hostile place, to less hostile place, eventually putting their gun down, and then reach more and more friendly territory, they will not get ptsd.

Things need to happen gradually, and those long walks will eventually remove the tenseness and alertness from the soldier and make him more relaxing, also philosophical thoughts during the marches.

The whole airplane deal from normal-land to chaos land, then airplane back again is too unnatural and intense for the human mind.

Feel free to call me insane.
>>
>>69944294
Tank-Class eating hummies gives me a boner though.
>>
>>69945166
Have you ever taken a psychology course or read a book on the subject?

Underaged b& please go.
>>
>>69942959
My great grandfather got three purple hearts
Shot once in the head
Once in the shoulder
Once in the leg
Died 3 days after I was born by slipping on the ice.

He passed on some of the most messed up stores to my dad.

I don't envy anyone who spent even a day in the trenches.
>>
>>69945469
its funny because this is exacty the type of care that would be rendered in a government run system that braindead leftists advocate

it is the worst way to deliver medical care

imagine applying the va system to 320,000,000 people

wow how great

government run health care is great
>>
>>69945603
That's part of it. The ability to get there and back quickly definitely blurs the line between "The far off shithole where bad things happen" and "home."
>>
>>69945100
Homeland is political. It's about conversion. One of the most compelling scenes is the protagonist making stock criticisms of the Iraq war.
That isn't something any MK-ULTRA subject can do because it would defeat the entire purpose of dissociation.
Our media is nepotistic garbage that uses sloppy reasoning to over-hype particular products.
>>
i think i had a relatively mild case of it, though i suppose it never goes away.

my experience with it was basically waking up, screaming. feeling fight or flight urges when around large groups of people in enclosed space
>>
>>69945522

Could it be... a sane person on /pol/?
>>
Its over diagnosed.
>>
>>69939121
Veterans during the Vietnam war, WW1 and WW2 were given drugs to take in combat.

They aren't anymore, give our soldiers drugs like cocaine in battle and you'll see they come back without this PTSD nonsense. The association of getting high and charged and pumped up on drugs whilst in combat must prevent the guilt from killing, the trauma of facing death.

etc.
>>
>>69939121
>99% of them reintergrated into post war socity successfully
>99%

citation fucking needed
>>
>>69945847
Doesn't help that we take in muslim sandniggers either.
>>
People are more sheltered now, they aren't prepared for war the way their grandfathers were.

Plus, as another anon already mentioned, these days you basically hop on an airliner and go from your home town to a warzone in the same day. That really fucks with your perception of how thin the line between your everyday life and the horrors of war is.
>>
File: 1457672137107.gif (712 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1457672137107.gif
712 KB, 320x240
>>69945005

As it turns out a lot of psychiatry is basically a crap shoot too, for example if you stuck a thousand schizophrenic brains next to a thousand "normal" ones today's neurologists/mental health specialists literally (in the most absolute sense) wouldn't be able to figure out which ones were schizophrenic or not based on purely physiological criteria. When psychiatrists hand you pills to deal with "chemical imbalances," they're totally right...unless they're not. Hence why the DSM/ ICD are based on largely statistics and consensus instead of objective facts (ie psychiatry isn't real medicine, lel)

Just don't think about that too much if you ever have to go in for mental health trouble.

>>69945603

This was in the second post, you're too late Sven. (You're right though, and a lot of leading psychologists think it has a great deal to do with the PTSD epidemic)
>>
File: aleagueoftheirownwide.jpg (68 KB, 590x251) Image search: [Google]
aleagueoftheirownwide.jpg
68 KB, 590x251
>>69945522

If a person goes to war, does he expect tea and crumpets served on fine silver in the morning, followed by champagne brunch at 10, a light lunch at the tennis club, an afternoon of sunbathing, then a night on the town in Dubai with his soldier pals and women in frilly dresses?

Well if he does, he's a fucking idiot.

No, sorry, if you join the military, and you don't expect to see the worst in men and a lot of bloody mess, you have no fucking business being there.

Should I feel sorry for a car salesman who thinks he can sell cars but finds out after a year on the job that he sucks at it? He gets fired, he's fucked. So why don't I feel bad for him?

Because he asked for it, and he got it, and now he needs to STFU and deal with it.

There's no crying in war.
>>
>>69945792
The best part: in medicine, you can always get a Second Opinion; indeed, the initial diagnosing physician will recommend it himself in serious cases just to be sure.
In this system, you get one shot at help, you get one verdict, if that first doctor says no then the answer is no.
>>
>>69945387
>i'm talking age and social position

>it's not about age

Anyways... so you're saying that those in WW2 had enough life experience gained from the ages of 18-21 that successfully shielded them from PTSD?
>>
>>69945886
>>69939285
And the American is correct, Shell Shock Syndrome was discovered in our army and it was treated by talking to the soldier if the case was bad but it was ignored, the attitude at the time was "get the fuck on with it".

We don't have that now, peacetime has been abused and hijacked by different factions competing to be the most oppressed and most ill.
>>
>>69939121
>99% of them reintergrated
As stars in a freakshow, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE
>>
>>69944260
>>69944312
This.

My grandpa lost his brother and it seems his sanity during WW2. Came home and drank hard liquor every single day and beat the fuck out of dad and uncle. Luckily all the abuse made them vow to never treat their own children that way; the only time I was ever hit or spanked was by my mom.
>>
>>69946172

Average was 26 again.

Some fuckers in this day and age aren't adult till they're 30.
>>
I was diagnosed with PTSD after I was deployed twice.

Once I got out, I was having some serious trouble sleeping. I mean, I could take medication to put myself to sleep, but eventually Diphenhydramine and melatonin just can't cut it anymore. Especially since I felt like shit after taking it for so long.

Apparently, I have some night terrors, but I feel perfectly fine when I wake up. I don't even recall ever having bad dreams. I'm perfectly functioning except when I wake up at 1:30 and can't sleep any longer than a few hours, and I'm generally grumpy and sleepy.

Anyways, I've gotten with a group of guys who are vets and we just work out and paintball. Medication is shit, and so is life without true bros.

My PTSD came from some pretty fucked up deployments, and I came home early after my second one early because I fractured a few ribs after getting shot in the side plate. I lost a lot of good dudes. Men with real honor and sacrifice who care about their people. It doesn't help that I was a medic too.
>>
>>69946062
I know good, intelligent, society-edifying citizens who, every so often, will involuntarily drop to a crouch and ensure that the suburban sidewalk they are walking on is free of tripwires or Punji stick pits. It's not something they're choosing to do and they derive no benefit from it.
>>
>>69939121
I am sure it is real, but a lot of it is just the endgame of training men to be killing machines and then telling them to go work in an office.
>>
>>69945792
you know what i love is false patriots and right wingers who starve working class institutions of funding and then go on and on about how terribly incompetent these things are

i hope poor people hang you someday, i sure as fuck won't lift a finger to help
>>
>>69946183
In WWI there was a horrifying clinic in London that actually stumbled across dissociation such as would later be used in MK-ULTRA. Forget its name but it's briefly depicted in the really good movie about PTSD with Jonathan Pryce.
>>
>>69946265
But that argument is still ridiculous. What makes you think that because you bought a house or worked for 5 years or got married can prepare you for getting shot at or blown up? Or seeing other people get shot or blown up?
>>
>>69946513
Actually I described how this has nothing whatever to do with funding. The insanity is in the design which assumes funding and ideal operation.
>>
>>69944762
Why were the troops so much younger in 'nam? Can't be the draft done WW2 soldiers were less likely to be volunteers.
>>
>>69939121

> Can't smell good cheese
> Can't be in a room with red carpet or walls
> Certain lighting and skin tones
> Get combative if I feel closed in
> People yelling makes me have to hold back the urge to get violent
> Wife knows better than to try to surprise me, brother figured it out when I started yelling arabic and tackled him to the ground and almost broke his arm, took six people to pin me down while my uncle who was in Vietnam just repeated to me that I was safe, 30 minutes of my family freaking out
> Trailers for some movies fuck me up to the point that I lock myself in my room with the lights off
> I get nervous when I catch people motioning to me without trying to let it be known they are motioning to me (Even for stupid reasons, like my mother telling my sister in law what I might like for Christmas)
> I wake up sometimes convinced I've been shot and I'm checking my chest for wounds
> I handle confrontations REALLY well, and by really well I mean I'll try to provoke a fight because when I get angry these days I'm already considering all the ways I could maim someone, luckily no one has been stupid enough because I know I could really hurt someone without much effort
> I'll get these 'something's fucked' urges and I'll be sitting in a room with a clear view of all exits just waiting for something to pop off
> I can't sit in a restaurant or be comfortable in a store if I either can't see the exits or feel too out in the open

I take the drugs so I can exist in public. Believe me, I tried without it. I can bet you really good money that you haven't been driving down the road, light flashes off of something, and you're trying you're damnest not to start swerving the car to avoid the bullets that aren't coming.
>>
It's legit. I knew a guy who had it and he was totally crazy. He'd slam doors at 3am and talk to nobody while making violent threats.
>>
>>69946545
There books written years ago during WW2 I believe about astral projection and using it to spy on enemies.

Some fucked up shit came out of my nation kek. I think they were fantasy books but they're fucked up.

It could be Kings College? I'm not sure of the clinic you're talking about though.
>>
>>69939121
Its real. trust me if you see enough death and suffering you go nuts in the head. Takes more for some people but its real. Thats why suiside is so common among vets in history. The only people immune to ptsd are psychotics. The only recently realized its a disease.
>>
>>69945603
It's not so much going from a war zone back to civilian life that causes PTSD. People do that all the time. It's seeing your friends get killed in front of you, seeing civilians get killed, seeing people be tortured in real life. Then, when they see these things, they go back to their base and they start thinking about them when in the barracks. Then they start to think too much about those things and that's where things go downhill.
>>
>>69946697
>>69944762
That's nothing kek.

The Napoleonic wars had 12/13 year olds serving on every ship, to learn naval tactics and warfare.

Seriously, they'd be put in the gundecks because they were small and could crawl into them, and they knew full well that they would be blown apart by enemy cannons.
>>
Is it possible to play a rare musical tune, drug a girl with some trippy drugs, brutally rape the cute girl while telling her certain words, and then the next time, maybe she is walking home, or something, you play the same tune, and she falls down doggystyle, mindbroken, waiting to be fucked like an anime girl?
>>
>>69939121
PTSD is, in your head psychological
I really think it has to do with what we use to call having a bad conscience when you done something bad.

I think a big part that plays in that is during WW2 America had proper propaganda and everyone your neighbors to radio movies comic books and strangers would reinforce that you did something good something great you fought evil and won

Today everyone including the army itself will tell its soldiers they are bad people and fucked up if they killed a single enemy and everywhere they go they get attacked even worse than during the Vietnam war

Not many with PTSD from WW2 Korea or even the gulf war and I really do believe it is because it is viewed as good

In Israel for instance only few have PTSD and it is always liberals and women and JINO's but those that believe in their fight doesn't seem to get sick?

Same with UN forces.
>>
>>69946513
what is the argument here?

oh i see

the classic leftist "if only we had more funding"

never heard that one before

forget if the program works or not but surely more money will make everything better

kill yourself

lose the sob story and learn some logic
>>
File: fugazi.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fugazi.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>69945753

>Have you ever taken a psychology course or read a book on the subject?

Nope, why should I?

Let me tell you something, pal, there are 7 billion fucking people on this planet. Some of them are sex slaves, some of them are literally starving to death, some of them are embroiled in war from the day they're born.

We live in a country that's dog-eat-dog AND dog-eat-cat too.

There are a billion Muslims on the planet who want us all dead.

And you think I should be concerned about someone's psychological problems? Horseshit, fuck 'em. If they can't deal, hopefully they've got a family or something to feed them.

But psychology is not a priority in this world. Psychology is for rich people who want to spend an hour a day talking about themselves to a captive audience who can't walk out of the room without losing money.

Psychology helps NO ONE.

Now, sitting down with a person, listening to what they have to say, showing a little love and concern - that helps people, that's just Humanity 101.

But I don't need to study psychology to understand PTSD. I did 6 years in prison, I've watched a man get beat to death with a baseball bat 10 feet in front of me. I've seen a guy get stabbed 40 times. I've seen rapes.

And what you do is, you take it in, process it, deal with it, and move on.

Either that or you're a weak sister and a non-factor in this life.

As I said, there are 7 billion people on this planet. We can do without 6 billion or so. No one's breaking my heart with their fake stories of watching their best friend's head get blown off - that's happened maybe 10 times in the history of warfare.

You go to war, you deal with the upshot. End of sympathy. You want money? Fine, you deserve that at least, because nobody's going to hire a fucking psycho.
>>
>>69939121
Dude just about every guy in WW2 came back with some form of PTSD. They just didn't diagnose it back then. My grandpa was basically Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan. Did 5 campaigns africa through normady to berlin. He never said a word about any of it to anyone in my family not even his wife. And he was fucked up couldn't go on beaches, freak out at loud noises, shakes etc.

Sometimes I really wonder about the things he must have seen and done. He was in charge of about 300 men I wonder how many died under his command. Luckily he didn't have to reintegrate the military just took care of him for the rest of his life.
>>
>>69946759
Dude, I no kidding actually have the instructional videos. From the actual Men Who Stare At Goats. They teach classes. You can see them givibg seminars in Jon Ronson's excellent documentary series Secret Rulers Of The World. It's a great series because Ronson goes in a smug SJW media Hebrew ready to laugh at these morons, and, while he is not completely converted, he cones to respect some of them and he finds that half the time they're right.
>At the start of the seminar the guy warns that, if you misuse these powers, he will know and will get you.
>>
I know a guy that got diagnosed with PTSD by the VA and he was never in a combat zone. I think its just bad genes in this guys case.
>>
>>69939121
Its not entirely fake but I would call it a fad or meme disease. I had a friend that was deployed twice in Afghanistan and came home looking to get fucked up a lot when he was never that type of person before. War is hell and all.
>>
>>69939121
>can't help but feel like it is drug companies coddling whiners

THAT is the true meme. Daily combat and extreme violence can deeply affect people. It's obvious. The rates went up because PTSD wasn't well investigated before.
>>
>>69946759
>>69946545
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craiglockhart_Hydropathic

Found it.
>>
>>69946784
When people rode horses from england to rome, and their friends died in war, they had time to feel, talk, think, compress those events and accept it at great length.

Today it's different.
>>
>>69939121
How I know PTSD is real, even though I have never seen combat, is because of hangover anxiety/depression I get that lasts up to 2 days after a night of binge drinking.

I imagine PTSD is that, but exponentially more viscous.

A sick feeling of dread, regret, and anxiety that lasts a lifetime.
>>
>>69947281
Thats just your liver coming back to life anon.
>>
>>69946697
Actually I think you're wrong here.

There was always the possibility (probability?) that the U.S. would enter WW2, even before Pearl Harbor. Plenty of soldiers enlisted before then because they figured they would get drafted anyways and wouldn't have a say as to where they were stationed. Plus WW2 was still seen as a justified and popular war, unlike 'Nam.
>>
>>69946944

Uh... no Sweden. Just wait until the sex robots are on store shelves like everyone else and stay out of public, or something.
>>
>>69943015
Good video. Thank you for posting.
>>
>>69939121
Go step on an IED and test it out yourself
>>
There's an actual Epic out there about this in roman legion times...
>>
>>69946944
Look up Ross Jeffries older products. They're literally about hypnotizing girls into bed.
Look up Aldous Huxley's 1968 speech on Brave New World Revisited: short answer yes, medium answer, both government-sponsored research and private self-hypnosis (stop smoking or weight loss) companies agree that the population divides into fifths for suggestibility. Twenty percent cannot be hypnotized, twenty more are readily hypnotized, and there's three grades inbetween.
>>
>>69939121

It's real. Shell Shock was apparently some devastating shit back during WWII.

Nowadays with our desensitized cunt society, raised upon kawadooty, PTSD should only be affecting the most weak willed faggoty millenial DNA garbage that should have died in a clusterfuck anyways.
>>
>>69947112
I don't doubt you, it was the age of electroshock therapy as well. I've seen documentaries on operant conditioning and all sorts of fucked up, bizarre shit our doctors did to psychiatric patients.

Would make the skin lampshade claimers blush with how brutal it fucking was.
>>
>>69946782
>tfw you feel like your schizoid personality would be a huge advantage against this
>tfw you were not /fit/ enough to see combat when it was happening
>tfw you are /fit/ to serve now but don't want to because the war I would have went to before turned out to be a shitty mistake

Oh well, still an advantage in the world of business.
>>
>>69947618
WW1.
>>
>>69947652

Corrected.
>>
>>69939121
>all these people conflating CSR with PTSD
Fuck.
>>
>>69947076

holy shit can i borrow some of that edge? i need to shave
>>
>>69939121
Easy diagnosis to abuse to get meds and disability neetbux.
>>
>>69940331
i was at a party and my one buddy just back from Iraq, this was like 5 or 6 years ago like lost his mind while i was talking to this girl in the kitchen, he was literally somewhere else. nothing he was saying or seeing was even applicable to the situation. he grabs me by the shoulders and throws me up against the cabinet and is yelling and his eyes are almost like he's not focusing on me, like he is literally looking into space. it took 4 people to get him off me and to get him subdued to the ground. he stayed in that state for several minutes. to this day, the only trigger i can think of was eye contact as he was walking casually down the hall with a beer. dude was a marine, still is. did a shit ton of "tours" in Iraq. he's not the same dude. by no means am i small, i'm 6 '2 200lbs.. the day he left, back in 03 for Iraq. he never came back. someone else did. alot of people talk about crazy vietnam vets, the homeless dudes you see. i think guys who get into deep combat zones, and see crazy shit and experience it, including the marines reprogramming their brains.. they don't react right when they come home. its not a time factor imo, this dudes never been the same. not at all and he's not the only dude i knew. i didn't get accepted or else i probably wouldn't even be on this board today.
>>
>>69947826
That's depression or ADHD.
>>
>>69947076

Found the Scientologist cult leader.
>>
>>69943818
Police visit is a funny thing to call a SWAT raid. It's subsided a lot because it was 10 years ago, but I had plenty of nightmares, flashbacks when any stimuli mimicked one I expereinced that day. It will sometimes pop into my head and completely ruin my day, I really have to force the memory out of my head sometimes.

Like I said, it's gone away a lot and as far as PTSD goes it was relatively mild, but it certainly was there and caused me serious problems for years. One of the cops broke down and started crying during the raid and he was an Afghanistan vet.
>>
>>69943818
>police visit
>swat raid

Are you trying to dumb down the guys experience on purpose or what?
>>
File: the_departed-hd.jpg (25 KB, 848x352) Image search: [Google]
the_departed-hd.jpg
25 KB, 848x352
>>69947821

A lot of men had to die so I could have this edge.
>>
>>69939121
Better be real. It's my whole job
>>
>>69939121
What better way to neutralized the sleeping threat of white male soldiers trained in the art of killing by claiming they are mentally ill and therefore cannot own firearms.
>>
>>69947623
Hell, look up Michael Uhl's GI Guinea Pigs. It's about nuclear and Agent Orange exposure.
>>
>>69948178
I think I've seen it, is it the one where they test a variety of different agents? They had like Agent blue? Could be a different one, I'll have a look though, even though it's brutal and horrible, it's an interesting study.

I'm not a bad person am I?
>>
the more interesting question; why is pharmacology so stagnant? the most commonly prescribed psychoactive drugs are like 30 years old
>>
>>69948178
>>69948305
Whoops, that's a book. Will order a copy and read it.

Any docus? Video footage that is recommended?
>>
>>69948035
Of course he is. Anyone trying to semantically rebrand a SWAT raid as a "police visit" is intentionally trying to downplay the severity of the event. His whole faggy condescending attitude was not needed either.
>>
>>69939121
Its fake and you shouldn't listen to those welfare queens called soldiers. Fucking parasites doing nothing and getting our hard earned tax dollars. They should be put to work at home instead of going bombing around in the desert in humvees having the times of their lives. Fucking disgusting. Don't listen to anyone who tells you differently, the military IS all fun and games and soldiers have lots and lots of fun. The airforce and navy have even more fun still. Pilots get to fly around in cool jets all day and semen get to swim in tropical lagoons literally all fucking day and they get paid for it. PTSD my ass! They are trained in ways to steal hard earned money and when they get back home (if you can call it that anymore for them) they utilize all of those techniques to be living parasites. Truly disgusting dicgusting dicusgting!!!!!!!!1111111
>>
>>69942153
Eaxtly
>>
>>69948345
It takes something like ten years to get a new drug approved or something
>>
>>69948345
MDMA, Shrooms and LSD are getting a decent amount of clinical trials lately. Also, SNRI's are pretty new.
>>
>>69947984
I know alot of people complain about black people in different ways. They must be traumatized since their childhood is shit, look at any black kids at age 4, filled with life, then age 10 and their eyes are dead.

Mommy smoking crack, daddy beating her to death etc.

Anyway, many people on /pol/ complain about those niggers in the hoodprank video; "see, this guy stepped on their shoes and the nigger instantly tries to punch him".

Living in a shitty neighbourhood, its a must to act fast and violently when someone tries to punk you. Some people complain how niggers act when cops come around.

After being beaten to the ground by cops for a crime I didnt commit, simply 2 minutes passing by a store that got burglarized, I notice how I went from an elequent faggot when dealing with cops, to always feeling this massive boiling fight and flee response, swearing at a cop who rolled by me and asked me for my ID when I was walking home after a late party (not drinking that night) almost went really bad but manage to stop myself from escelating it.

I honestly felt an intense urge to attack the cop and run away its freaky when you cant control yourself.
>>69948035
Swat most be horryfying those guys are legit psychos breaking down doors at 2am and shooting peoples dog + mandatory flashbangs, screaming and pointing guns, tackling people. America sucks.
>>
>>69946950
It would have more to with the heightened stress and how the body and more specifically the CNS deals with it.
>>
>>69948345
They're working on a new generation of anti psychotics using nicotine.

And to answer your question, the A typical anti psychotics are the first choice because they are the most effective. Albeit it depends on the symptoms of the illness in question and many other factors/risk factors. Clozaril is also used commonly iirc. But they're relatively new aren't they? Things like Aripriprazole and Clozapine?
>>
>>69947076
wew
e
w
>>
>>69948460
Youre a pretty sad person
>>
File: vietnamclose.jpg (57 KB, 638x427) Image search: [Google]
vietnamclose.jpg
57 KB, 638x427
>>69939121

PTSD is real but the truth is probably only 20-30% of the soldiers that say that have "PTSD" actually have it. The rest are just trying to get on disability so they don't really have to work again.

Because explain to me how a army engineer or mechanic has PTSD?

For example my father fought in Vietnam as front like infantry sergeant...his friend was a fucking rear echelon radio support operator? Guess what my dad's friend did few years ago went to the VA and faked the shit out of the PTSD assessment and has been on full disability for the last 10 years. My father even though he is still friends with him hates what he did(my father never applied for the PTSD assessment because he thought it was dishonorable to lie about having it even though he actually saw men die beside him and had to kill despite his friend trying to get him to fake the assessment questions to get on that government doll out.)

This same friend every timemy father hangs how with him complains about the "niggers","the spics","anti-christ obama" and all other welfare leechers destroying America.
So after I have told you what he did is he really any different than the people that he hates and claims are destroying America? I think not.
>>
>>69948571

swat case here not long ago had them breaking into the wrong fucking home, and tossing a flashbang grenade into a baby's crib.

baby survived but had a badly mutilated face.
>>
>>69948411
Yeah don't even bother with that asshole dude.

>>69948571
Honestly I'm not some leftist anti-cop fag but US SWAT seems like a very particular job for a very particular roided up dumb ass.
>>
>>69948571
Luckily my anger and fear of police has subsided back to that of a normal person at this point, but it was a lot of pain and anger for a long time.
>>
>>69948345
fda rules and regulations

also i believe there are no incentives for some companies to produce new drugs or produce drugs with fewer side effects because of the fda costs
>>
>>69948093
This, like I said upthread. It's sometimes real but the government is absolutely hysterical about how white, male, right-wing gun owning veterans are the devil, a bigger threat than any sect of Islam, responsible for more deaths than any other group. Every cop is told this in every terror seminar. There have been aggressive pushes to get doctors to inquire about gun ownership or start to push overdiagnosis of insanity. A vet named Brandon Raub was wrongfully arrested and commited because he posted song lyrics on his facebook-like thing, he actually doesn't own guns anyway, but the judge was so pissed at his treatment that he ordered immediate release. So they overstep, get pushed back, then re-attempt more cautiously. You never really beat them back, which is why we need rigid negative guarantees like the Second Amendment.
>>
>>69948643
>Because explain to me how a army engineer or mechanic has PTSD?
I can explain the Engi. You realize that they are the ones who build FOBs right? Getting shelled daily gives you a higher chance of getting PTSD than a firefight, statistically. Either way, I still don't understand how CSR came to fall under the PTSD umbrella. They're pretty different and service personnel rarely get the latter.
>>
>>69939121

George Carlin on the evolution from Shell Shock to PTSD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSp8IyaKCs0
>>
File: imp.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
imp.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>69947623

>implying they stopped giving people ECT

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/electroconvulsive-therapy/basics/definition/prc-20014161

>>69947439

Yeah np, I wish more people had seen it since apparently WWII was the "good war" with no fucked up vets of which "99% of them reintergrated into post war socity successfully" [sic]
>>
>>69948093

I wonder who would want to do something like that...
>>
ok let me put it to you this way a soldier has 5-6 deployments has been in combat 2-3 time longer than a WW1/WW2 vet add in the tope of conflict take a shit get bombed eat chow get bombed walk to motor pool find in exploded 40mm shell from last war then add in the fact that it has been portrayed that your not a vet unless you have it you get a fuck ton of vets who really are suffering from it and a fuck ton more faking it to look cool and that's where the question of weather or not its real comes in I know people who are suffering from it and I know a lot more faking it for the attention
>>
It is real, but 75% or more of people claiming it don't really have it. You can claim PTSD for a mortar landing a kilometer away from you.
>>
>>69947827
the problem is with deployments

because of the volunteer force military members have to do more tours than previous wars

small military = less people to rotate into war = more tours for members = more trauma = more likely to get fucked in the head
>>
>>69948390
Oh there's a lot but not off the top of my head. You might enjoy the massive Vietnam doc, The Ten Thousand Day War. It's very rich and fascinating, like twenty episodes long.
One late episode has a left-wing campus agitator warning that twenty years from now, the kids carrying signs will be running the government; not sure but I believe that same guy was part of the first Bill Clinton cabinet.
>>
>>69939121
It's the drugs. and flashbacks and viets everywhere
>>
>>69948492
FDA is garbage at best and regularly steps out of the way; see "The Greater Good."
>>
>>69948883
Oh I know they give out ECT today, they do here, it's common for people with psychotic depression or other depression/depressive disorders.

It's a last resort but yeah, I never implied they stopped, I implied it was the golden age of using it, without sedation, sometimes with electrodes attached directly to the exposed brain, giving small jolts to different areas whilst the patient was awake and responsive to the different shocks to each area.

Like I said, messed up.
>>
>>69939121
PTSD is real and the first time i remember it in literature was in freud books. its not necessarily related to murder, its just like a missing file in a filesystem. and this lack of information makes you look everywere for a file to replace it. so you keep remembering that traumatic moment over and over again to try to complete the memory either on dreams or in other symptoms. but normally it does not solve the problem that actually create the symptoms.
>>
>>69948938
better way of putting the bomb thing
Bike is a bomb
dog walking up to the gate is a bomb
woman with baby guess what bomb
car passing your convoy is a bomb
guard rail yep that's right bomb
door bomb
scrap piece of plywood is a bomb
>>
>>69939121
>After Ww2 their were litterally millions of veterans and 99%
For Americans in particular, that meant a month or two long boat ride across an oceans, followed by a few weeks on the train to get back home, as opposed to walking off the battle field, getting on a plane and being home in a day. The soldier of the past had time to readjust on their way home.
>>
>>69948709
Where was this again? I can't remember if I heard it on local news or national news.
>>
>>69947443

Yeah np, I wish more people had seen it since apparently WWII was the "good war" with no fucked up vets of which "99% of them reintergrated into post war socity successfully" [sic]
>>
>>69948709
It was the right home, but the fucker put the baby's crib up to barricade the door.
>>
>>69948638
>he actually cares about soldiers and the military
lol kid. Soldiers get to kill muzzies all day. Nothing in your life can even come close to that amount of excitement and fun
>>
REGENERATION is the name of the extremely good Jonathan Pryce movie about WWI shell shock treatment.
>>
File: val.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
val.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>69949245

Now that's something worth linking, if it's at all true anyways.
>>
>>69947827
>>69939121
>>69940331
I also had a friend come back from Afghanistan pretty shattered. Became drug dependent almost immediately and began carrying a weapon at all times. Talked about how they killed civilians regularly out of fear they might be Taliban, last night I saw him he turned against another friend... after a few drinks marine dude grew incredibly angry and berated our mutual friend forcing him to admit private shit in front of everyone but nobody dared interfered beyond "hey ease off man, relax" because we all new he was armed and really unstable. Mutual friend wasn't even argumentative, to this day one of the saddest things I've seen - somebody so completely broken and angry.

Would recommend more people watch the Winter Soldier series which is soldiers giving accounts of some of the fucked up things they did/saw - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_63FqKEAP0

Of course the media gave it no coverage.
>>
>>69948980
Appreciate that, will have a look.

I'm also trying to remember a docu I watched about what the GI's did to the plants in Vietnam, there's a famous video of American soldiers on a boat with their tops off with a hose spraying all the plants and grass they passed with agent orange. Exposing themselves to the poison as they just sprayed it everywhere without care.

We have a soldiers today filing complaints against the government about our hydrogen bomb tests, claiming they were deliberately put within close proximity of the test to see the effects on humans without them actually knowing it, they documented their side effects and experiences with doctors because it was the natural thing to do, they were worried but yeah some of them that survived have all sorts of weird cancers and are infertile and shit.
>>
No, PTSD is very real. It is sad that a lot of soldiers that come back home turn to alcoholism
>>
>>69939121
They are just leeching gibs me dats. Fucking parasite vets deserve to get gassed.
>>
>>69949430
For convoys it was assumed that any car approaching closer than fifty feet was an attacking terrorist and the Browning fifty cal would get to work. Pamphlets were sent out in advance so they could assume everybody heard. That doesn't really work with Muslims because they cannot into order, they ignore their own laws all the time. So there are a lot of guys who lit up families because the family car got intolerably close to American vehicles.
>>
Shell shock from WW1 broke a lot of people. Some who became frightened to move and wouldn't charge because of it got executed for treason. Pretty bad shit desu
>>
>>69948643
Grandfather was an artillery gunner in the second world war, most of the time he's a happy old man but sometimes his eyes stare right past you as he talks about seeing allied infantry get blown into purée by German HE shells.

As far as I know he's never had any violent episodes though.
>>
>>69947479
Sounds interesting what's it called?
>>
>>69949538
It was a standard thing -- this is a scene in Guinea Pigs as well as something that has been described being done by civilian Dow salesmen -- to drink a ladelful of herbicide to demonstrate its safety to humans. This was the generation that let its kids play in clouds of DDT.
>>
>>69939121
Kill yourself.
>>
>>69939121
>99% of them reintergrated into post war socity successfully.

no.

my grandparents are from that generation. my mum and dad grew up around vets including my grandfathers and my great grandfathers (ww1). this isn't even remotely true.

they did not adjust successfully. they were given special consideration by literally everyone because of the this.

the standard phrase was 'well, he was in the war, you know.'
>>
>>69949890
Jesus fucking wept.

That's some unit 731 shit right there.
>>
>>69949837
Brutal mate. Must be sickening to watch.
>>
>>69949538
My dad's uncle had to watch the Christmas island bomb detonations and all his children were born with defects.
>>
>>69949736
Yea I think it's just the messy reality of occupying a foreign land. It's a numbers game when you put an advanced military in a 3rd world shithole- there will be miscommunications, collateral damage, blowback.

Add to that the fact the military wants to report low as possible casualties, but the audience at home doesn't care about 'native' casualties and you have a recipe for disaster
>>
>>69939121
Its like ADHD, some real cases, not ever case is the same, and a bunch of fake cases.
>>
>>69944294
Play alternative what now?

Give link to the latter game.
>>
>>69949430
it hurtz muh feels bro. both these dudes were good friends.. now, i'll hang out with them. but honestly, they are scary people. they are literally broken. their sense of humor, is GONE.

remember all these wars are just and important for our jew gods

must protect Jews. must perpetuate war to feed Halliburton.

TRUMP 2016. end the establishment.
>>
>>69950046
I've read accounts of them claiming after the blinding flash they could see their own bones due to X-Ray exposure or something. The intense heat they felt and being lifted up by the blast wave and thrown like they're nothing.

Messed up how our governments and scientists have treated soldiers with noble intentions going to fight for something they fell for, once again pumped out lies by our disgusting governments.

Reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU3AMfAUD4U
>>
>>69939121
Very limited number of soldiers actually fought in the war. I'm sure most of them went through difficult time. My grandfathers drank a lot.
>>
>>69944294
Nvm its two games.

But is there romance in it?
>>
>>69941217
damn this is a good post
>>
File: plack.jpg (804 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
plack.jpg
804 KB, 2448x1836
>>69939121
My grandfathers and siblings all fought during the first and second world wars and really were forced to reintegrate into society and if not you risk losing your job. As for my "american" father he served in the persian gulf war and suffered from constant nightmares according to my mother, but nothing to were he went batshit insane
>>
>>69950025
There's something really sad about watching such a strong man come close to breaking down but not actually crying.
Still he survived the war and doesn't hate anyone.

Haven't seen anyone of my generation face hardships like that and not be bitter and edgy regarding stuff.
>>
>>69939121
25% of soldiers have it before they enlist. It is a politically motivated diagnosis, like the rest of the DSM rather than providing proper medical care for veterans like they should.
>>
>>69950227
dog bless ameriga
>>
>>69950402
I could only imagine. The mixed emotions must be incredible, winning the war, having to protect your friends and seeing them die, it's a sight and feeling only veterans experience. You ever tried to talk to him about it or does he just try and shake it off like it's just one of them things?
>>
>>69939121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc7ehb8agWY
>>
>>69950119
As with trying to talk to "educated" liberals and normies, our staff and civilian leaders could not shake the presupposition that the backward holes of the Umma were interchangeable cognates of Germany or Sweden (maybe in a few more years) that preferred non-European languages. They would set what they thought were sensible rules and then experience genuine shock that a ghazi would not care about obeying a sign that he could not read.
>>
>>69941217
Agreed 100% except that Hearts and Minds was a Vietnam War tactic and that's why Gen X is so silent because they knew if they upset their elders they would be forced to fight in war like their parents were in Vietnam. We millennial knew from the get go we would have to fight in wars in Asia that were not relevant to our own interests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_and_Minds_(Vietnam)
>>
>>69950752
>>69950119
Goes back to what David Starkey said about "people don't like being free'd".

It's true, they see you as occupiers, conquerors and will work against you, you can't trust them. I personally haven't seen American Sniper but from what I've heard from other people, that film touches on that slightly, how locals betray soldiers and expose them to the enemy etc etc etc.
>>
>>69943499
Dude shoulda just fucking lit him up as soon as he went for the gun.
>>
>>69950859
>Agreed 100% except that Hearts and Minds was a Vietnam War tactic
Was it? I thought it was the Dhofar Rebellion where Hearts and Minds was first successfully implemented?
>>
File: shillary3.jpg (134 KB, 506x558) Image search: [Google]
shillary3.jpg
134 KB, 506x558
>>69941832
A lot of people want Ambien because it is euphoric and distracts from the pain of war and coming home to problems and people who don't respect your work because you had to fight for hidden interests that most americans do not understand.

It mentioned in the ibtimes article the other poster linked that the soldier who became homicidal and was given ambien, which speaking from personal experience can cause paradoxical reactions of making people violent. I had no idea this was a side effect of high dose benzos until I was already addicted.
>>
>>69950664
I never really ask him about the war unless it's over something were doing or he brings it up. I can tell from the change in his tone of voice when there's something bad related to it so I won't press it but sometimes he talks about things.

He seemed very angry when he told me during a conversation about planes watching infantry being mown down by entrenched Germans who were minutes later wiped out by Typhoons providing CAS, if they were allowed to call for the support earlier the dozens of men attacking the position would have lived.

One conversation was about tanks on the western front and I said that I imagined the Germans kept most of it East to hold back the Russians. He basically just said
"Oh there were Tigers on the Western front..." and just trailed off and stared into nothing.
>>
>>69943015
Great video

>>69950752
Why do you think that is? Too much 'by the book' thinking or political motivations?
>>
>>69939121
Yeah it's real and completely manageable with a liberal dose of MAN THE FUCK UP!
>>
>>69939121
We have records from people like the Assyrians talking about soldiers being haunted by the ghosts of the people they killed.
>>
>>69949837
>As far as I know he's never had any violent episodes though.

At least thats the good part. My father did though.

>Fater was a Vietnam Vet
>Never bothered visiting a therapist or phychologist to help him get over his PTSD
>His PTSD was on a pretty bad side where he has anger and violent issues and when he gets extremely pissed, he will try to harm or kill you
>Had police on him a few times to calm him down or have him locked up for a day if he tries to swing at someone
>Tried to kill me one time when his anger issues got severe
>Later down the road died from cancer

I literally stopped giving a shit about my father when he harmed and tried to kill me. When he passed, I didn't care and was glad he's dead. If he was still alive, I would've gotten a gun to protect myself if he snapped again(had couple knives). He's also the reason I hate war vets.
>>
>>69945105
This
>>
>>69945430
And clonidine.
>>
>>69945603
Agree.
>>
>>69945886
Amphetamines were invented in the 1930's. Morphine fueled the civil war.
Hitler was on meth.
Drugs fuel wars.
>>
>>69951186
That really sucks, were they able to get any real help if they needed it?
>>
>>69950314
Seriously. If that guy had taught my psych classes I would have my degree by now.
>>
>>69951352
Kennedy had injection in his spine, Queen Victoria was addicted to opium/alcohol drink, Churchill was addicted to pain killers and amphetamines.

It's been going on for a long long time.
>>
>>69951369
Possibly yes, but my father was a stubborn asshole so he would refuse.
>>
>>69951139
Well, both Socrates and several great Chinese philosophers had a sort of prefiguring of the Sapir-Whorf thing where how you conceptualize one thing limits your perception of another. Or, education can work against intellect if logic is prized over data. Data must always trump logic.
>>
>>69948345
there's more red tape these days
>>
>>69951087
Maybe it would be good if he talked about it, maybe it won't. Some people have seen so many kinds of brutal warfare happen to their friends they just try block it out for as long as they can. I can't blame veterans like him not wanting to talk about what they've seen but in the long term I imagine it would be good for him? You think him and his squad ever got attacked by a panzer division? I couldn't imagine the fear tbf. As he ever seen or talked to anyone about it? How long was he in the war for?
>>
File: inconclusion.jpg (20 KB, 499x411) Image search: [Google]
inconclusion.jpg
20 KB, 499x411
>>69951481
WWII taught us that wars could be profitable. Hitler's main motivation was not the jews, they were actually noble and the only one who were smart enough to see through his plan to start building weapons in defiance of the Versailles treaty.

Drugs made people complacent to having to fight wars and direct their strategy, I don't think even Hitler without meth would have had the gumption.

Now we millennials see this. They will make us fight in some foreign land to defend resources we will never profit from as they are laundered offshore (see: Panama Papers).

We will not fight their wars like our elders did in Vietnam. We saw the thin ploy that was 9/11 where they literally, undisputedly knew that it was going to happen through social media hours before and did nothing to ground flights nationwide because starting a war over it was more profitable.

This is how Trump will win.

Or we will have civil war.
>>
>>69950227
>TRUMP 2016.

Trump said he wants to go to war with ISIS and said he was in favor of killing ISIS family memebers

He also is very pro-Israel
>>
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>get back from iraq
>get out of the army and go back to college
>summer time in kansas
>girlfriend and sister are hanging out at my apartment
>watching tv with the window open
>thunder out of nowhere, loud as fuck because the window is open
>yell "get down!" and dive to the floor
>mfw they are staring at me

There's also a bunch of faggots that play it up to win sympathy points or get a free pass for being shitheads
>>
>>69941217
Dang I never thought of it that way
>>
>>69951087

How does he like having the county all those men died for being given to the Muslims?
>>
>>69939121
It is truly amazing that people have such little knowledge of how their own godamn brain works
>>
>>69941996
That's oddly specific desu
>>
>>69951801
The golden age of drug testing and experimentation was the 30's, most people think it's the 60's because muh hippy, muh peace n lurrrve man.

But most of the compounds that were abused in the 60's were synthesized in the late 20's, 30's and 40's.

I don't know if what you say still applies, I don't think David Cameron is the crack smoking type? For sure he fucks pigs but I don't think he does drugs.

Obama might do drugs though, I've seen that gay guy claiming he shared a crack pipe with Obama!
>>
>>69951831
I'm so sorry to everyone who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. I was born in D.C, and knew it was all bullshit from the get go. My synogauge was attended by people like Paul Wolfowitz who profited from warmongering. When 9/11 happened I was furious at the overreaction. We had just started a recession and Bush literally knew it was going to happen, they messaged on Odigo hours beforehand that that attacks would happen.
Social media knew that 9/11 would happen and they could have stopped all flights but they wanted war. I knew nobody should have fought there but people cannot stop being patriotic because it might be a bad idea.
And now we are in this mess and Hillary authorized the Iraq war. For all his faults, Bernie has his hands clean of this mess, as does Trump, so I am fine with either in office.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 374x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 374x375
The reality is that the VAST majority of combat vets were people in non-combat type jobs. Like cooks, mechanics, and office job people. They went there, didn't see or do shit, then decided to cash in on the PTSD gravy train and get their medical retirement and their NEET bucks. There are SOME legitimate PTSD sufferers though.

Debate over.
>>
>>69952065
>But most of the compounds that were abused in the 60's were synthesized in the late 20's, 30's and 40's and tested then*

I should have said, most of the research and test results got shelved for 20 years because scientists were busy with war weapons etc.
>>
>>69948643
ITsd possible as a radio op i think. Depends on what he had to hear coming over the radio you know? Could hear some of the most terrible shit, knowing you have to pass it on, knowing you have to deny air cover or medivac, knowing someone is being left to die. Feelings of helplessness and anger and all that.
>>
>>69952065
That's why WWII happens. Germans on meth.
Jews are an excuse.
WWIII will happen over some new drug just like afghanistan was a cover for oxycontin's interests.
How many countries have a drug that costs thousands of lives a year and has been sued and lost for hundreds of millions of dollars in open court and they still can manufacture it.

Its just a coincidence that the poppies that best express Thebaine used as a starter base to make Fentanyl, Oxycontin, things like that grows well in Afghanistan after Nixon ordered Morphine bearing poppies destroyed in Iran in the 1970's.
>>
File: 1457560560715.jpg (17 KB, 377x287) Image search: [Google]
1457560560715.jpg
17 KB, 377x287
I've never been to the VA, but I have many symptoms of PTSD
>sleepless nights/night terrors
>flashbacks
>anger issues
>alcohol problems
>isolation (lost all my civilian friends because they think I'm an asshole)
>constant suicidal thoughts

I saw very little combat in Iraq. I can only imagine what it's like for guys that saw a ton of it. I got just a taste of it, and it fucked me up good.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.