[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 800x571
Please /pol/ tell me it's a lie. Tell me it's a lie please god no why

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/04/04/californias-minimum-wage-will-be-15-an-hour-where-does-your-state-stand/
>>
>>69929441
No, no, shhh. It's okay.
Allow this to happen.
>>
>>69929713
I don't want it I don't want it god no why would they do this fuck no
>>
>>69929441
Some states must be sacrificed so that the truth can be seen. Californians should be used to getting fucked by idealistic hippie shit at this point.
>>
>>69929988
Please tell me Texas won't be next I don't want this senpai
>>
The Papa John's guy told me pizzas would cost 50 bucks, but how is it he can spam my inbox with 2 for 1's and other deals all the damn time?
>>
>>69930672
Pizza 50 bucks...top kek
Even in norway it does not kost that much, but almost. Kosts 34 bucks
>>
>>69929441
Don't companies set prices for products based on the profits they make? If companies thought they could make more money from selling burgers for 12 dollars, they would've already raised the prices.

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with this. It will encourage companies to move towards automation.
>>
>>69931500
Pretty much this. Technology was going to automate it regardless, this is just increasing the speed. It has always been this way. Why else was there a technology boom after the massive plague in Europe wiped out free labor?
>>
This dollar amount for minimum wage will be $15 by the year 2020, so it would have potentially gone up, anyway. But with CA, it will be done incrementally which is not so drastic, but this is still not a good idea.

I'm not for this, but once you see this story for what it is, it is nothing more than propaganda.
>>
>>69929441
How are they going to make the same amount of burgers if they get rid of all of the employees?
>>
>>69932216
Well, he's now working for 15 dollars an hour so obviously he needs to work that much harder.
>>
>>69932431
Implying his boss wasn't already working him like a dog
>>
>>69931500
>It will encourage companies to move towards automation.
This is California. It'll just encourage companies to hire more illegals.
>>
>>69931500
>Anyway, I see nothing wrong with this. It will encourage companies to move towards automation.

Need automation and checks in the mail ASAP
>>
California is already overly expensive. How is this going to make an impact?
>>
>>69932542
Had part-time job at mcdons a few years back, can confirm.
>>
File: 1459711601929.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1459711601929.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>69931500
>minimum wage raised
>businesses move towards automation
>less minimum wage jobs
>less jobs
>more unemployed people competing for fewer minimum wage jobs
>>
>>69932216
Machines
>>
>>69929441
>min wage becomes $31k gross
I don't think we understand how poor we've actually gotten with decades of hidden inflation. Median income is $50k.
>>
How far is this gonna go, guys?
>>
>>69930672
I used to work there. The production costs of a pizza dont go over 3 dollars. A pizza place can sustain 15 an hour workers if it's busy enough. I dont agree with the wage hikes but i believe corporations should focus more on profit sharing with its employees as opposed to its stockholders.
>>
Oh boy, can't wait for my $2000/mo shithole welfare apartment in Silicon Valley to go up to $3000/mo.
>>
>>69930061
I believe Texas is far too individualistic to bend to this shit.
I'm slightly more worried about MN. Right now we still have state min as 9.00/hr for employers making over a certain threshold and the minimum wage is supposed to be indexed to inflation by 2018, but I wouldn't be surprised if the libshit whiners started rattling to raise it.
I guess it's not that big of a deal, apartments in the suburbs are pretty cheap around here and only scum live in city apartments.
>>
>>69929441
Burgers first complaint is about the the price of burgers.
Every damn time.
>>
>>69936301
California and Minnesota are the most cucked states, whatever Cali does we follow suit.
>>
>>69936749
Go away Mohammad
>>
>>69936749
You have no idea how much our diet is dependent on burgers.
>>
>>69937027
honestly, it's all on the twin cities. they're so liberal population dense compared to the rest of the state that there's no competing. So the undoubtedly more based North and South MN areas are just left to their own devices.
just fucking nuke minneapolis
>>
File: 1459728495565.jpg (31 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
1459728495565.jpg
31 KB, 547x609
Good. now maybe all of skillless niggers will flood to california, and we can just sell california to Mexico for the price of one wall.

After all, the liberals agree that it is indeed rightful Mexican clay
>>
>asking what the bright side is right after being told
>>
>>69935315
Stop obsessing over my last name faggot.
>>
southern californian here
someone please kill me
>>
>>69939181
stop fucking worrying. it won't even affect you.
>>
>>69933551
Yes goy! Consumers having money is bad for the economy!
>>
>>69935315
>3 dollars
if its a gourmet pizza, a normal mozz pizza its like 0.07 usd
>>
>>69930858
kool
>>
>>69929441
The biggest places fighting for this are places like the bay area, where the cost of living, i.e rent, is ridiculously high. You literally cannot live off minimum wage by yourself, unlike the rest of America.

For example, you could expect to pay 1,500 a month for a studio in San Francisco. Whereas, if you go to somewhere like Colorado, where the minimum wage is a few dollars less, you could get a studio for half that price.

The flaw in the thinking is that raising minimum wage is going to fix this. The problem is living in an expensive area. You can't force an expensive area to let anyone live there. That's what makes it expensive. If you can't afford it, move the fuck out. Increasing minimum wage is just going to make it harder for people to get minimum wage jobs as employers will hire less and look for more experienced workers.

Automation is a meme, a very small amount of jobs can be automated. There's never going to be automated "security", automated kitchen workers, automated waiters, delivery boys, burger flippers, retail workers, etc. in the near future.
>>
>>69940112
Consumers buying stuff will wreck the economy Goyim!
>>
>>69938470
The more North you get the better it gets, Twin cities were fucked by the Somali populas and liberal art colleges.
>>
File: reddit meme.jpg (28 KB, 320x402) Image search: [Google]
reddit meme.jpg
28 KB, 320x402
>burger flippers will now make 2 dollars more than if I applied for an entry level armed security job

i understand security is just sit on your ass most of the time but for fucks sake it should pay more than flipping burgers
>>
>>69940324
Unemployed aren't consumers.
>>
>>69929441
Gee what a lovely oppurtunity to test out the theoryu of supply and demand. I predict layoffs in the low-skill service market.
>>
>>69929812
Its ok OP let it happen, the damage control when California becomes the poorest state in the union will be delicious.
>>
File: Thor_I_like_it.jpg (10 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
Thor_I_like_it.jpg
10 KB, 229x220
>>69938519

This.

Also, no more Hollywood.
>>
>tfw own a house in Cuckifornia
Gonna cash out and bail off this sinking ship soon enough.
>>
>>69929441
I live in a non-retard state that has a $7.50 minimum wage. Plenty of jobs here.

Though I hear a lot of millennial shit-dicks talking about $15 an hour as if it were a birth right, it will never happen in Indiana.
>>
>>69929988
What if it works for California?
>>
>>69930672
Our local Papa John's, in s city of 28,000 people, made over $1M in sales last year. In a town with no shit 11 different pizza places to choose from.

Fast food is literally printing money. They can afford it.
>>
>>69933551
The next step is basic income. There will be no jobs and people aren't just going to starve.
>>
>>69929441
The best part is they have an excuse now to dump the free loading lazy fags and get someone who is as close to 15$ an hour material as possible. Goodbye niggers. You're not longer tolerated at such a cost.
>>
>>69942005
> works
> California

This is the same state that couldn't even get water to it's people. They were begging the midwest for free water just weeks after condemning/boycotting Indiana for not being "gay-friendly".

It will not work.
>>
>>69942011
Pizza is stupid cheap to make too. Like $3.00 for a 12.99 large.
>>
>>69942011
> 28,000 people
> 11 diffirent pizza places

also

> $1 million in sales = printing money

I'm skeptical of everything in your post.
>>
I'm east coast so I have no clue here, but would it be as amazing as it first appears to live in a neighboring state and just go into Cali to work? I don't know the living costs and such of the states that surround Cali.
>>
>>69942216
>basic income
>getting paid for living
Welfare is bad enough... but this infuriates me to no end.
>>
>>69938519
Can we take all the qt 3.14 white girls out of cali first before we sell it to mexiland?
>>
>>69940995
you know what else pays min wage?

Nurse Aids.
Now thats bullshit.
Whats a LPN make after $10-20k college debt? $16~

Whats a new RN make? $20~. After a year or 2 it gets much better... but

This are market dependent, a nurse in cali makes more then in Nebraska. But in your median markets of America, $15 is what alot of college graduates make.
>>
File: 1457143483952.jpg (370 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1457143483952.jpg
370 KB, 1280x1707
I know everyone's freaking out but as a commiefornian I'd like to point out this won't take effect until 2022. I was sort of panicking when I heard the news but after reading the bill it looks like things will be fine until I can graduate and move out of state.
>>
>>69942796
he's an idiot.

I worked at a marco's that daily average was $3k,, $500 was break even, our manager would say "Everythings paid today" at 2/3pm when we would hit 500 after lunch.

This is in a small hole town were the average house is 1-5miles from a gas station. Ex 100k a month
>>
>>69944133
Holy shit, where do I get pancakes like that?
>>
>>69932216
People will have to wait 1 minute longer for their burger.
That's all.
Fucking liberals will ruin it all.
>>
File: 1458171535240.jpg (23 KB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
1458171535240.jpg
23 KB, 338x338
good news everyone - this means we can all stop tipping when we eat out.
>>
>>69942455
Don't forget about CA energy crisis of 2000-2001. I know liberals like to blame Texas and Enron, but really the price caps they put in place made it not possible for CA to buy the power they needed. So they had roving black out.

Liberal policies do not work. Or rather they work for a very short time until some one runs out of money. Then every one gets screwed.
>>
>>69942216
Based future.

Unfortunately won't happen for another five decades at least.
>>
>>69944751
I'm all for bashing liberals, but the government can't control droughts. That level of technology is far away.
>>
>>69942796
I worked at Little Caesars for a couple months, we had only had 5 pizza places in our town, but we were making easily 10k a day friday-sunday but the rest of the week was pretty slow
>>
File: what1.png (245 KB, 524x463) Image search: [Google]
what1.png
245 KB, 524x463
>14% state income tax

How do you Cali niggers put up with that shit?
>>
supreme court also upheld the basis for gerrymandering as well. onward to hell
>>
>>69931747
>Why else was there a technology boom after the massive plague in Europe wiped out free labor?

Please stop posting.
>>
>>69929441
wtf is this shilling shit you're trying to pull? Wages haven't kept up with inflation rates, you mong. min wage should be around 25/hr and we should be paid in silver, not legal tender emergency reserve currency.

fucking fraud op here
>>
strayan here.

we pay our underage burger flippers 18 bucks an hour. as much as 21 an hour for the over 20's.

cheese burgers still cost 2 bucks, and there's no crisis in mickeyD's hiring.

with the margins pegged so high on what is essentially 40c worth of food franchisees would rather be in the market than out of it. Hiring is mostly centred around meeting demand, which is pretty steady and will always have peak hours that need to be accounted for.

The only loser is body corporate: which has to renegotiate with franchisees over increased labor cost.
>>
>>69933077
Probably no real impact at all in the overall economy, but a big impact for the working class. I'm only saying this for California. Most of its economy is not based on min wage jobs. Remember that rent for a 1 bedroom room is about $1200 a month. California is fucking expensive as balls. This will only give a boost to those that were struggling while the rich take a small hit.

Id be more worried about the next quantitative easing package than a national min wage increase.
>>
>>69945951
Califag, I don't pay 14% state tax.
>>
>Californians shit up their own state
>Move when shit becomes too shitty
>Shit up another state
>>
File: autism.png (30 KB, 430x598) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
30 KB, 430x598
>>69945388
>Level of Technology

Nigger, I just came back from California. If the fuckers set up Levees and Berms like in Arizona, they'd be fine, but they don't want to dish out for that. Also, they export all of the water that they collect in that state and send it away. They only keep 4% of the water they get there, the rest gets shipped out by bottled water companies. Mostly to Southern California, as the case is currently, from central California. Then they complain about the drought.
>>
>>69946945
Australian fast food cost heaps mote compared to overseas chains.

I can also confirm that they have no qualms firing a person once they hit 20 and then replacing them with a 14 year old Philippino.
>>
15 or not the shit jobs are slowly going to go away to machines

and then the non shit jobs

machines will take them all by 2100. none of us will be alive of course, but unless something drastic happens society will need to change.
>>
>complains about $15/hr in CA

nigger do you know how expensive it is to live out there? they still couldn't afford a 1 bdr apartment on that. it's $30k/yr. it's still shit money.
>>
File: 1401963665447.jpg (32 KB, 380x254) Image search: [Google]
1401963665447.jpg
32 KB, 380x254
>>69929441
>Prices will have to increase in order to pay for the cost of wages, since we can't cut back on staffing needed to run our shop
>Employees will have to be fired, because we can't increase what we charge since the market won't allow it

Choose one and only one.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.