[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russian-American relations. WTF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
Hi everybody.
I live in Russia. I used to have some friends from the US on Facebook. We had much talking and even drank beer together via video call. Then something unexpected happened: since the fall of 2015 they all stopped talking to me at once.

I have been thinking what might be the reason.
I am just an ordinary guy, without specific political views. It seems it does not matter at all.

So what the hell could have happened?
What political event or decision in Russian-American relations became crucial to make those American guys and girls forget about socializing with me so dramatically?
>>
>>69918680
>fall 2015
i think thats when the jew media here starting to shit on russia over crimea.

i have russian freinds i still get along with. idk why the average american would care though
>>
>>69918680
Election coverage picked up and every single candidate shits on Russia. Its been a popular tactic since the Red Scare began in the 1950s.
>>
>>69919489
yea except trump. the others are working with/for jews
>>
>>69918680
American currently in Russia here.

Not sure why they just stopped talking to you. Most Americans wouldn't let politics get the way of a friendship like that, especially Americans who have gone out of their way to make friends as far away as Russia.

I have Russian friends here who don't let that happen, despite the fact that sanctions have basically made me an oligarch.
>>
>>69920665
ive been thinking about going there. would you recommend?
>>
>>69920760
To Russia? For some reason I can't see flags when phoneposting. Yes I would recommend but depending on where you come from, what background you have, and what circumstances you're used to you need to change your expectations. Russia is not western. Do not expect western comforts. Do you want to learn the language or just visit?
>>
>>69921108
I believe, in Moscow or St.Petersburg Russia can give you quite "Western" comfort still. But there is not much culture in province though. I think Russians are a mentally disordered nation that needs correction. I mean, for example, that many people in Russia are suspicious and paranoid to one another. I believe that social comfort is in being friendly and open-minded, and that is what you will have hard times looking for in this country.
>>
>>69918680
Propaganda. Thankfully Trump is counterbalancing it with some redpills somewhat.

I will say that it's surprising though. I wouldn't think that they would stop talking to you over something like that, especially if they knew you were a good guy.

Most people here actually know that governments are the shitheads, and usually not the people.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (106 KB, 751x762) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
106 KB, 751x762
>>69918680
>So what the hell could have happened?
>>
File: 1410632300728.jpg (65 KB, 441x640) Image search: [Google]
1410632300728.jpg
65 KB, 441x640
I'm teaching English in Moscow because I like to think of it as contributing in my own small way to the eventual improvement of Russo-American relations. Can't wait to remove kebab and colonize the moon with these fucking slavs
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.