[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you tip, /pol/? How does this picture make you feel? Has an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
Do you tip, /pol/? How does this picture make you feel?
Has an waitress ever treated you like shit because you didn't tip on another occasion?
>>
If you don't tip at least 10$ you're a scumbag.
>>
>>69914370
fuck them, kitchen staff works twice as much for half the pay.
>>
>>69914370
I tip if the waitress/waiter is good.
If they are rude/sarcastic/annoyed at serving me, they can fuck off and have fun with their 2$/hr.

I tip very generously when waiters provide excellent service, ~30-45%
>>
>>69914655
This. So many fucking times this.
>>
>>69914370
I am a waitress. Nobody should feel entitled to tips, and tips shouldn't make a wage. It would be better that tips don't exists.
>>
>>69914370
This thread again.
Anyone who complains about low tips is entirely to blame for taking a position where their earnings are determined by the goodwill of other humans
>>
>ever tipping
>>
File: 2-Women-Laughing.jpg (32 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
2-Women-Laughing.jpg
32 KB, 300x269
>>69914370
>rewarding bad behaviour
>still calling it a tip
kek
>>
>>69914370
Tipping is stupid. No one should ever do it.
>>
>worked in a kitchen
>made 15 an hour
>servers bitch when they make less than 50 in a night in tips
>min wage for servers was 9 something an hour
>8x9=72+50=132/8=16.5$/hr
>raged every time.
>>
>>69914540

kill yourself waiter fag

If you did a good job you would have got tipped
>>
No, i never tip
Thanksfully this degeneracy never really catched up here
>>
>>69914868

This.

Tips are a stealth cost. Basically the restaurant is able to charge less for its food (and thus seem more competitive) by not paying its staff and instead essentially forcing them to beg customers for money.

At the restaurant where I work, the servers receive checks every 2 weeks. And every one of those checks reads 0.00 dollars because they earned minimum wage from their "tips".

Think about that for a moment. Every single person you encounter when you sit down to eat is working in a place that does not pay them.
>>
The ones who get tips should be the people actually cooking the food. You know, the ones busting their asses day in day out in an extremely stressful work environment just so you can sit there and eat nice food. Useless lackeys who's job consists of picking stuff up and putting stuff down (oh and walking!) can fuck right off.
>>
I don't tip.Fuck 'em
>>
>>69914370
frenchmen never tip, it's included in the bill
>>
>>69914370
If you're in the US, you tip. Don't be a faggot. It's not the way it should be, but atm it is what it is.

Unless they suck. Then feel free to not tip.

But we're all ignoring the elephant in the room. The OP pic is trying to make it out as though blacks always tip, but those damn white people.

Bullshit. Why do blacks always pretend they're one way and act the opposite?
>>
>>69914370
Tipping is for swarthy sandmonkeys haggling on a bazaar. In the human world the waiters pay is included in the price of the meal.
>>
File: 1457641595994.jpg (113 KB, 798x703) Image search: [Google]
1457641595994.jpg
113 KB, 798x703
>here is the food you pay for
>the cook made it
>i just brought it over to your table,since its the job i get paid for
>I DESERVE MORE MONEY GIVE ME TIP U NAZI
>>
>>69914370
I stil dont understand why Americans use this system. Either just pay them minimum wage or, if you want to make servers contractors, let them negotiate their compensation with clients and the restaurant on every transaction.
>>
>God our customers are terrible
>Yeah I'm having such a bad day
>It's time to serve them you know what to do
>Still give good service because the customers pay for their fucking food
>>
>>69915156
fucking sick
>>
>>69914655
>free country
You don't have to work in the kitchen for a shit wage....
>>
>>69915156
>its not a good thing waiters bend the knee for you because they want more money
This makes service better. I'd rather waiters work harder for tips than waiters work harder for fear of getting fired. That'll only motivate someone to work just hard enough to not get fired.
>>
>>69915156
I'd work for tips if I could senpai. so long as you aren't serving niggers all day you'll be making more than minimum wage. You get what you deserve.
>>
File: 1452106087944.gif (2 MB, 205x221) Image search: [Google]
1452106087944.gif
2 MB, 205x221
>>69915230
So you're forced to tip?

What a cuck
>>
>>69915432
Its so the waiters actually give a shit about customers.
>>
tipping is not done in my country, but if i would not do it in US because, then i would be part of the problem.
>>
>>69915669

Depends on the place. But yeah, servers working for tips usually do come out ahead of the minimum wage by a healthy margin.

From an economic standpoint though its not an ideal situation, and you hit the nail on the head "so lon as you aren't serving niggers".

There is a serious free rider error involved, where servers must rely on more generous people to cover over the people who refuse to pay.
>>
>>69915810
>make job appealing
>make waiters compete for the job
>make them do a good job so they get hired
>>
>>69914370
>black woman educating the white blonde bitch in Social Justice

I can hear tumblr transboner from here
>>
>>69915488

some people actually have to

everyone is not free from circumstance
>>
Guaranteed replies thread but fuck it. The whole tipping the wait staff is annoying but nothing worse the current state of affairs where every customer service job is suddenly tip worthy.
>>
>Not tipping a shitty waiter/waitress one penny so they know you didn't just forget the tip.
>>
File: 1448559295159.jpg (28 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1448559295159.jpg
28 KB, 576x432
I tip like shit, but I tip waiters more than waitresses because I deeply hate women
>>
>>69914370
That picture is basically pathological altruism in a nutshell.

They think they're being nice people by essentially giving charity to >muh poor waitresses. In reality, all they're doing is encouraging shit-tier service because there is no longer any disincentive against being a lazy piece of shit and doing the bare minimum. Which totally defeats the whole purpose of having a tip system in the first place.
>>
File: 1453769496670.jpg (24 KB, 330x286) Image search: [Google]
1453769496670.jpg
24 KB, 330x286
I donate to World Food Program, Wikipedia and drugs to prevent aids transfer to children from their mothers during pregnancy.

I don't tip and haven't done so since December 2013. Here's why:
1) Tipping is unfair to people that aren't good looking blond women in their 30's, according to research.

2) Tipping is something that came out of the Great Depression, because due to the plummeting restaurant profits because I'd the Prohibition. Owners pretty much told waiters that they couldn't pay them and had to use a bribe system to get their wage. For some reason it's still around. It's especially stupid in the US.

3) Tipping has nothing to do with service quality and more to do with habit. According to research, when compared with people that gave average to below average service, people who really try only make 1% more in tips. If someone impresses me and goes above and beyond their calling, then I'll tip, but that has only happened once since 2013.

Tipping is stupid and is more a custom than a functional part of the industry.
>>
File: 1440558970067.jpg (25 KB, 394x458) Image search: [Google]
1440558970067.jpg
25 KB, 394x458
ITT: Cucks discussing cuck related activities

>mfw people in bongland tip when they feel the service is exceptional
>it never is
>>
>>69916676
Your first point makes me so fucking jelly of good looking women who work as waitresses. Those bitches must get big tips all day
>>
>>69914370
The reason tips exist, is because it's a job where the service is directly tied with the revenue of the restaurant/bar. Therefore, encouraging the waiter to work harder for better tips will be overall better for the whole business.

If the owner would simply upgrade their salary or upgrade the price of the menu to pay them more, it wouldn't assure that the waiter will give his best on the job, you can't just watch him all the time, or the overall effort to do so would cost even more.

You could say that the job isn't worth the salary it offer, which is arguable.
>>
>>69914370
Lol!
The only thing I tip is my fedora.
>>
>>69914655

Not true. It depends. Chefs will easily make at least as much as servers if not more. Sometimes servers make way more.

I did expo and made minumum wage. It sucked to see waitresses make 15 an hour while I was making 7.25. But when I became a server, yeah its definitely work deserving of at least 12 an hour.

Of course, I would not tip just because. The service has to be decent.
>>
>>69916510
my man, keeping that wage gap alive
>>
>>69916676
So even if the service was good, you wouldn't tip?
>>
>>69915151
Is tipping a thing here? Some places in Moscow advocate it.
>>
>>69914370
Also, in Denmark we don't tip and if the waiter/waitress has done a shitty job then we complain to the management.
Should be mentioned that waiters here makes way more than minimum wage.
>>
>>69917164
>>69916510

If anything, he's helping balance out the wage gap. Waitresses always end up making more than waiters through tips because they're able to act cute and flirty and that makes all the betas and middle aged guys empty their wallets. All the guys I know groan and roll their eyes when they get a male server. That shit definitely gets reflected when it comes to tips.
>>
>>69914370
I tip only if I pay cash. And if servise was actually good.
>>
>>69914655
But you also have to account for the fact that kitchen workers are the dumbest and greasiest staff in the joint. Also the most likely to be felons and shit.
>>
American tipping culture is ugly and greedy.

>Waiter expects to be tipped as an entitlement for simply doing his job rather than getting tipped for exceptional service

>Employer lowers wages because tipping is pretty much mandatory, thereby profiteering from the social obligation

> Customer feels obliged to tip even in the case of bad service

In Japan, there's no tipping, because excellent service is expected and given every single time as standard.
>>
i never tip for bad service. someyimes i will write a one liner saying how bad the service was.

once i was in a fucking chinese buffet and didn't tip. the waitress (who only brought water) looked and the recent and told me twice "no tip". i just looked at her and said "correct. no tip."
>>
>>69914370
I always tip. 15% is what I normally tip. 20% if you manage to wow me or blow me in the bathroom.
>>
File: brotier.jpg (204 KB, 1054x1028) Image search: [Google]
brotier.jpg
204 KB, 1054x1028
>>69915285
Honestly, I kind of agree with this. These people make shit for wages.

I don't tip in Canada, but whenever I visit the US, I tip because the United States is pretty much a 3rd world country and they pay their waiters as if they are slaves.

I went to DC last year and I was totally cool with tipping.

In Canada? Here are the numbers:
BC, my province, has the lowest minimum wage in Canada of $10.45.

10.45 x 8 (working day) = 83.6

So, these folks make $83.6 a day. If you can work 5 days a week somewhere, that's like a bit over $400 a week and a bit over $1,600 a month.

Is that a lot? No, but it's not shit either.

I work at a university on contracts and I make a shit ton of money, but where I really shine is lowering living costs.

Right now, here is what my costs are, while living in Burnaby BC:

>rent
$220, top floor apartment room.
>hydro
$40
>internet
$50
>Car
$185
>cell phone
$45

So, for $535, I have my bases covered and only have to worry about food for the rest of the month. I don't drink often, so that's not really an issue, and I don't smoke/do drugs either.

If I had to work minimum wage, I would only need to do 12 days of work in order to get by comfortably.

lol Thankfully I went to University and got an education and make more, but just saying that in Canada, tipping is stupid.
>>
File: 1433701590.jpg (25 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1433701590.jpg
25 KB, 480x480
>>69914370
>Niggers telling a white person how to tip

It's been more than a decade since I've worked in the food service industry. And I can tell you that niggers don't tip worth a damn.
>>
Had a transexual waiter at a resto-pub a month ago so I didn't tip. Almost didn't even pay for my fucking meal.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
9 KB, 480x360
I don't tip.
>>
>>69917106
>Chefs will easily make at least as much as servers if not more. Sometimes servers make way more.
What a shit country. The chef should make the most. INCLUDING the owner.
>>
>Waitress gets your drink order
>Brings drinks, gets food order
>Someone else brings you your food
>Manager comes by to ask how the food is and if we need refills
>Finish food and ask for bill
>Waitress tells us to pay our bills on their new fancy touchscreen
>Pay bill and automatically sets the tip to 20%
>Slide it back to 5%

Don't know if anyone has been to Red Robin recently but those touchscreen things are gonna make waitresses obsolete.
>>
File: image.png (12 KB, 640x668) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12 KB, 640x668
Oh good goy always tip 20% so I don't must pay my personal and I get more shekel
>>
>>69917210
I said that I would in the third point, but that has only really happened once since I've implemented my policy.
>>
It's not common to use tips in europe, but Kebab Shops have a 50% customary tip to prevent semen/bad meat scrounged from the waste of restaurants.
>>
Here's the best solution.
> Eat
> Pay the price
> Don't tip
> If good service, say thanks and come back another day.
> If bad service, say thanks and don't come back.
> If atrocious service, complain and get free meal.
Why people don't abuse that ? Because we're not niggers.

The only instance in which you should tip is in ridiculously expensive restaurants and only when you're ridiculously rich. Like in a 3 stars restaurant when you're from Qatar.
>>
File: 1458607332363.jpg (338 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
1458607332363.jpg
338 KB, 598x800
I always thought tipping in a bar was totally optional until I got called out for being a shitty tipper by a grown man with a ponytail at a bar I used to frequent. Thanks for taking my money and handing me my PBR you handout seeking faggot
>>
>>69914737
This. You my nigga.

Also if the service was just average then I'll round out the bill ending in a 5 or 0, dunno why. Example if something costs $21.95 I'll pay $25, if it's $28.95 I'll pay $30.

People are so absolutely entitled about tipping.
>>
File: prideful_man.jpg (71 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
prideful_man.jpg
71 KB, 1200x630
I worked at dominos pretty recently and we keep good track of people and their tips through the new computers.
The shit tippers get cold food, spit on food and we do other shit too.
If you're gonna be a Jew then pick up your food yourself or expect the consequences.
We aren't your personal errand boys.
>>
File: 1458345891414.jpg (54 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1458345891414.jpg
54 KB, 600x535
>>69917106
>its definitely work deserving of at least 12 an hour.
>>
>>69919290
This better be bait.
>>
File: 1446996872603.jpg (11 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1446996872603.jpg
11 KB, 225x224
>>69919290
Kill yourself my man
>>
Question to burgers and fucking leaves, if I come to your countries and go to a restaurant, can I ask to get the real prices because I don't know how tips work ? I'll tell them I will pay any price as long as THEY tell me what to pay.
>>
File: 1458794410795.png (8 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1458794410795.png
8 KB, 473x500
>>69919433
Just be the stereotypical Frenchman and claim you don't pay tips in Europe and walk out.
>>
>>69919433
What? Tips aren't included in bills here, you can just look at the menu.
>>
>>69919290
>We aren't your personal errand boys.
buddy i hate to break it to you but that's literally what delivery staff are
>>
>>69919433
I would fucking love that but there is also tax on top of the food, complicating shit even more.

I hate tipping but I usually end up leaving a dollar at places that I frequent, just because I don't want them to hate me. Really shitty and I hate the system.
>>
>>69919533
Yeah but I want to be upfront with them and i'm willing to pay the real price as long as they're able to give it BEFORE I order.

>>69919546
Good. That's the civilized way.
>>
>>69914370
Tip 10% up to €5.00 and if they are shit tip nothing at all. They are getting the equivalent of about $10 here or more.
>>
Im a waiter in California and I make ~$30/hour. The state requires that we get minimum wage regardless of our tips. It is amazing. I suck a bunch of retard's dicks all day, have basically only a high school education, and walk with over $3000 a month. Pretty EZPZ for the education/skill required.
>>
Thats funny
If i let my personal life problems influence my performance at work, i'd likely get jail time
>>
>>69919290
"We aren't your personal errand boys."

wat
>>
File: 1306190717391.jpg (48 KB, 480x721) Image search: [Google]
1306190717391.jpg
48 KB, 480x721
>>69919290
you actually are.

You are paid by dominos to deliver pizza to people willing to pay the delivery fee instead of picking it up.

That sense of entitlement is exactly why people like you stay on the bottom.
>>
>>69919716
>civilized way
>forced to pay to tip regardless of good service or not
FRANCE YES
>>
>>69919181
I used to leave the left over coins as a tip thinking I was super lavish and kind. I had a waiter throw them back at me once, and another try to give it back to me nicely.
>>
>>69919952
We don't pay a tip. We pay a salary for the waiters and everyone else in the restaurants. We pay the real price.

And if you don't like your service, don't come back. That's the best incentize for performance.
>>
>>69914370
I was taking my time to prepare the 15%. This waiter open my hands, quickly counts coins and take the tip

i didn't know if react with rage or laughter

i can't speak for the whole country but americans are fucking subhumans. This happened in NY btw
>>
>>69919290
I prefer Papa John's anyway, Shaniqua, welfare queen
>>
I don't tip. Why would I? An argument in favor of tipping relies on me caring about the staff member, and well... I don't. He or she can fuckin' starve to death for all I care.

I try not to dine out at all, that way I don't have to deal with some fat chick expecting me to throw extra money her way. I also pick up my own pizzas from the pizzeria.
>>
"Tip" is such a nice word for "criminal income tax evasion".

Just ask the waitress for a receipt, and when the "whuh?" response comes chastise here for evading taxes and then say 'Here is your tip, but you should know I'm filing your name in my next IRS report'.
>>
>>69914370
I do, but rarely more than ~10%
it's really hard to justify a tip more than $1-2 anyway
>>
>>69915513
>This makes service better.
This is the excuse.
What really happens is they extort the money from you by messing with your food if you don't tip as a regular customer.
The service over here is great and we don't have tips.
>>
>>69919290
>we aren't your personal errand boys
>Literally employed as the personal errand boy of any customer to the business
>>
I tip based on lots of factors, like how expensive of a place am I eating at, or how good the service was. If I'm eating out with someone somewhere nice, where each meal is $20 and the server does her job well, I'll give a $5 tip. I'll tip the same amount to a delivery person if I'm drunkenly ordering a pizza at 2am. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to tip more than $2-3
>>
File: americans.jpg (7 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
7 KB, 221x228
>tipping culture
>debt culture
>suing culture
>>
File: 1427062424090.jpg (44 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
1427062424090.jpg
44 KB, 615x409
> I don't tip because society says I have to

Sometimes I do though. For example, when I get to charge my phone or staff switches TV to program of my choosing.
>>
>>69915156
You do know that exactly the same system works for strip clubs?
>>
>>69914370

If the service is better than it needs to be - I'll pay more than I need to pay. Shitty waiters are not entitled to jeck shit.
>>
>>69914370
>How does this picture make you feel?

Like the bitch should go fuck herself... and whoever made that meme should kill themselves... 20% is a bullshit number and being a "server" is one of the easiest jobs on earth(which is why they pay nothing).

Get a real job bitch... become a hooker. Let me take the condom off and cum in your mouth... I'll give you a tip.
>>
>>69920985
>Potato and cabbage culture
>Number one export is a mediocre stout beer
>Irish """culture"""
>>
>>69914370
I paid for my meal, i didnt have to pay my cook, the cleaner or anyone else in the process. But you brought my meal from the kitchen to the table so obviously you are a very important person in this process.

Instead of expecting me to pay twice, why don't you speak to your employer and ask him to pay your wage like the rest of us.

>Being a server is hard
You can't make this shit up.
>>
File: litsi haaste.png (12 KB, 67x67) Image search: [Google]
litsi haaste.png
12 KB, 67x67
>>69914370
I occasionally visit our family friends who live in States. I don't fucking get it why would anyone ever tip, it is so fucking retarded.
>>
>>69918736
They're not talking about a michelin rated resto you arrogant fucking frog
>>
>>69914370
>don't tip
/pol/ thinks you're a dirty nigger

>do tip
/pol/ calls you full cuck.

You dumb fucks can't win.
>>
I always leave the change for the waiter/waitress. Usually the 20% of the bill.
>>
File: z1558923.jpg (25 KB, 449x302) Image search: [Google]
z1558923.jpg
25 KB, 449x302
>Hi there sir! I've got your pizza here nice and warm
>That will be 11.99 plus a 2.99 delivery fee plus tip

>Wat do?
>>
File: 1459348122364.jpg (42 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459348122364.jpg
42 KB, 640x640
Black almost never tip, why give them good service on the very off chance they'll tip you?
>>
>>69914370
~1,5 usd for 7+/10 service.
>>
>>69921913
Win by not playing the game, live in Australia!
But seriously, fuck off we're full cunt.
>>
>>69921981
drive my ass to the store if i want to pay less
>>
>>69914370
I've used to be a waiter, and employed at 3 different factories before. I honestly don't know where people get this idea that waiters and waitresses have difficult jobs. All I mostly had to do was take orders and bring them their food, and occasionally move chairs and tables around. I was making 1.7 times more than minimum wage, thanks to tips, working fewer hours than my previous full time factory work, but still earning more overall.

The car factory I had to work in was hell, no one was giving us tips despite being really exhausting with constant job rotation and no air conditioning. It was brutal, and were constantly moving around everywhere, checking parts, recording the results, while still lifting the metal bins carrying the parts and expected to work like dogs.

Most waiters and waitresses are bitches if they think they deserve above minimum wage when there are countless other jobs that demand more, but earn less.
>>
File: 1439503690045.png (229 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1439503690045.png
229 KB, 900x900
>>69915285
This
I worked Pizza delivery during the and my coworkers would tell me where the best areas are for tips, what areas to avoid, and as well as tipping habits of all the races.
Latinos/Hispanics - Will literally shower you with cash even if they are poor. $10 meal? Here is a $20 bill and keep the change :3.
Whites - Will tip unless they are assholes.
Asians - Always tip no matter what. Though don't expect a big tip.
Blacks - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

>Be me working late shift doing delivery.
>its 2 am
>Last delivery of the night (always called them skeleton runs)
>Got a large delivery next to me
>Easily +$40 in pizza and sides
>pull up to some getto-ass apartment block.
>Find this dudes apartment in the dark.
>Some black guy a with dreads wearing a hoddie and sweatpants around his knees like some sort of gangbanger opens the door.
Good evening sir, did you order the [massive order of pizza].
Yeh...
That will be $[whatever the fuck it was plus tax].
>Pulls out a fat wad of cash from his hoodie pocket.
>Slowly sifts through it pulling out large bills then small.
>Puts the slightly less fat wad back into his pocket
>Pulls out a coin purse
>sifts through that pulling out Quarters, nickels, then finally pennies.
>Mother fucker gives me exact.
>A +$40 meal at 2 am and this fucker gives me exact.

Second incident

Got a small delivery

>Place is a mess, trash is everywhere, walls are skuffed, cracked, and pealing.
>Floor looks to be in worse shape.
>Knock on the door.
>It opens revealing another black dude with dreads wearing a hoddie, a snapback, and pants around his knees.
>The smell of weed is overpowering.
Hello sir did you order the pepperoni?
Yeh, ayy hol up one sec... AYY YO BRUH! FUD IS HERE!
That will be $XX sir.
>Takes food.
>Gives me cash.
>Slams door.
>Exact change again.

This was probably my first redpill I ever swallowed.
>>
>>69921069
A stripper doesn't have to pay attention to you like a waiter. She could just go lap dance some other dude long as the money comes.

A waiter has to come back to you eventually. So in their case the system is fucked.
>>
>>69914655
yea, but we know what we are signing up for. chef de partie here. student out here in SoCal as well, work 82~ hours per two weeks, 12 credit hours this semester to transfer to a Uni.
a front of house worker will make way more then the back of house worker if they work at a business that does well. if its a small bar, or a place like steak n shake, no, the kitchen will make way more then the servers. but at my work, a gastropub in Southern California, we do gooooood amounts of business. the servers just now were granted the option to not tip out the kitchen any more, so instead of ~$100 tip share per month for kitchen.,..it was $48 for me.

We work harder depending on what we are trying to do in life: I want to be a teacher and have chef experience. so I work hard and try to learn a lot, I started on fryer and already am almost done training down the line. other people at more work are there for a paycheck, and noting more.
>>
>>69921981

If you really don't like the extra charges and still think the pizza is worth the markup over the price of the ingredients, then you can always drive there and pick it up yourself.
>>
I always tip 10%. Anything over and you're getting jewed by morality.
>>
>>69921818
>They're not talking about a michelin rated
Why would you go there ?
>>
>>69914370
I used to tip whatever 15% was (25% if they were really good) but apparently my gf informs me 20% minimum is the etiquette. what does /pol/ think?
>>
>>69922044
>Not just ordering food to go

Unless its a 5 star place to eat or all you can eat. There is little reason to stay and not just go somewhere else with a better atmosphere.
>>
>Be Scottish
>Go to shitty restaurant.
>Tell waitress where we're from and order food.
>Eat said food.
>Ask for bill
>There you go my Irish friends.
>She highlighted "gratuity" not included
Bitch got fuck all
>>
>>69922163
>A stripper doesn't have to pay attention to you like a waiter
Well, it's not true. All strippers are trying to find a guy who'll buy a private dance. Tipping during the lap dances is like $5-10 on average. And obviously she can't do the dance every hour or so, so she NEEDS to fish for a guy who'll buy a private dance.
Waiters can just take orders and bring your food showing no initiative or interest whatsoever
>>
Delivery commissionearned: $244.92

Tips: #of tips / tip $earned: 31 / $161.81

Not counting cash tips. Thats last week.
>>
File: 7952220.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
7952220.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
been a server for the past 5 years at a fast paced restaurant. Just a heads up, everytime you cucks don't tip because you feel "superior" your girl always ends up leaving me some cast to carry your dumbass. You don't know how many people look down on those that don't tip.

:^)
>>
>>69922611
literally mobster mentality
>>
File: 1453404151611.jpg (20 KB, 451x426) Image search: [Google]
1453404151611.jpg
20 KB, 451x426
>>69921981
>>
>>69916676

>more a custom than a functional part of the industry

Wrong. I ran a restaurant. Tipping is necessary to keep the menu prices lower. It is truly an inherent part of the system. >>69915156 Is kind of right but also an idiot. The checks I cut often were for zero dollars however that was due to tax withholding on both wages and reported tips.

I tried to keep my FOH labor costs at 5% of revenue. If I had to pay higher than minimum tipped wage I'd turn around and print new menus with higher costs.

I will say that chefs get truly fucked. You gotta do that job for the love of it. Although I payed my guys 16/hr in some cases.
>>
>>69914370
I used to be a chef in vegas.

And becuse I am boh I am sworn by blood to hate any and all foh till I die.
So I never tip.
>>
>>69919290
No. You are dominos errand boy and dominos errands you'll do since that's what domino's is paying you for. I hope it's bait.
>>
>>69922611
more people look down on Career Servers
>>
>>69917593
Worked as a dishwasher and now a successful programmer, get outta here.
>>
>>69919181
Yeah its like 2-3 bucks a drink or 5 if it's a cocktail (or so they say)
But I only ever order Cuba libres.
And most bars have a fucking hose with both rum and coke on tap
>>
>>69925012
what do you program?
>>
>>69914370
>think you know what I'm gonna do
>pay cash and leave no tip and resolve to never come to this dump again since I can't be sure the waitress won't remember me, or won't take a picture of my receipt to post on plebbit
>I will also send the manager or owner a letter telling them why I will not return to their restaurant
>>
>>69919181
Bartenders are the worst. Can easily change the price for a drink depending on whatever jew scheme on their mind. And the thing I hate the most it's them "accidentally" adding some random shit if you decide to keep the tab open
>>
>>69915488
> you're forced to work as a waiter and rely on tips
>>
>>69925767
If you do anything other than pay with cash at a bar and get your change each time you are a fucking cuck. I used to run a tab and literally every single time random shit was added
>>
>>69919716
The easiest way is to just double the tax amount
>>
>>69914370

of all the people working in the restaurant, no one deserves a tip LESS than the waitress. if you want to tip someone, walk to the kitchen door and just hand ten bucks to the first dirty person you see. the cooks and dishwashers make a lot less money than the fucking waitresses and do a lot more work.

the waitresses are all stupid entitled bitches who spend their day at work primarily making sure they don't work harder than anyone else, and considering who to fuck or backstab next. they have no respect for the cooks or dishpig.

fuck them.
>>
>>69914370
Ironic because I've been told by a bunch of waiters that black people never tip
>>
>>69923642
I have nothing against higher prices in restaurants. Not giving tip for bad service doesn't really work - even though they are doing shitty job, they think that you are just cheap/asshole for not tipping. Their little brains can't make connection between slacking and lack of tip.
Whenever I don't like particular waiter I complain to the manager (or if possible to the owner, because of a chance that the manager is good buddies with rest of staff). If this doesn't work, I leave and never go back. So far it always got me at least apology, at most firing shitty waiter on the spot.

I'll take higher prices any day.
>>
>>69914370

It isn't my job to pay the business' employees. They should stop being such cheapskates and pay their servers themselves. If I want to give someone charity, I'll send it to Africans without clean water not someone with a greedy boss
>>
I deliver pizza and make about 30 cents over the minimum wage in my state AND get tips. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>69927262
>>would rather give money to someone that has done nothing for you than to someone who has done something for you.

this is why christfaggotry will lead to the collapse of western civilization.
>>
I don't eat out because of tipping. Nor do i do delivery. I only do carry out but it's. Mostly just cooking my own food and fast food.
>>
I get in occasional arguments and altercations for not tipping in bars. I never order mixed drinks, or bar food, so all that a waitress has to do concerning my order is pour a bottle into a cup and bring it to me.

Does she really deserve 20% tip for that?
>>
>>69914370
Civilized countries have min wage. Tipping is fucking bullshit. The employer should pay them enough to not need a tip.
>>
>>69928292
I only eat out at buffets where I can see what exactly and how much I'm going to eat. And I also don't need to tip or wait for a waitress so it's a win-win
>>
>>69918535
Factor in taxes, cuck. Minimum isn't enough to live, though it shouldn't be.
>>
>>69914655
Yeah, I don't have a lot of sympathy for wait staff that can make $20+ an hour
>>
>>69927200

I was very hands on. If a server got lower tips I made sure to find out why. You are correct that they figured it was b/c the person was a jerk. I had a pile of applications on my desk that I would use body language towards when discussing "poor" service.
>>
If you tip you are scum.

If your employer is cutting checks to you for 0.00 because of tips and you didn't actually make minimum wage then you're a retard for staying there and not suing the fuck out your employer.
>>
>being a server is hard
If you have a bad short term memory or if everyone you work with is an idiot and fucking things up.
>>
>>69920429
T. A Jew.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfj2lN6sQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>69914540
If you tip at all you should kill yourself for not donating that money to charity and putting it in the pockets of middle class degenerate losers.

I have never tipped in my life, and have donated over $120,000 to various charities so inb4 cheap, and fuck all you TIPfags.
>>
>>69915285
>But we're all ignoring the elephant in the room. The OP pic is trying to make it out as though blacks always tip, but those damn white people.

I thought it was the opposite. Whenever I see this pic it's liking they're begging black people to tip
>>
Is tipping still a thing in america due to their strong ties with the jews?
>>
File: 1457413323926.gif (212 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1457413323926.gif
212 KB, 501x585
>>69920429
Supreme Kikery
>>
>>69917593
>fuck them, kitchen staff works twice as much for half the pay.
Yes. Smart people become waiters instead.
>>
>>69921981
>Be in Canada
>Order Dominos last night
>Small pizza and a 500 ml root beer
>That'll be $20

Fuck that I'm not tipping for a $20 pizza
>>
>>69928824
If I make $1000 a month, that's $12,000 a year.

Do you know what the tax code is?

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>69916510
ok, well that's the feminist approach
>>
Think I tipped once in my lifetime, a taxidriver helped me up the stairs when my leg was fucked.

That was above and beyond expected service.
>>
I usually tip around $1-2. I don't believe that bringing food from the kitchen to my table is worth any more.
>>
>>69914737
This. I will still tip 10% for poor service (20%+ for good service), though more and more I think I really shouldn't leave anything when they suck.

The entitlement these people have these days is beyond me. To expect, no, demand 20% minimum and then listen to them complain about not making minimum wage on top of that 20% is annoying, to say the least.
>>
>>69915156
It's $0 because of taxes after hitting minimum wage via tips.
>>
>>69914370
https://youtu.be/vBTfj2lN6sQ
>>
>was a waiter
>only didn't get tipped a couple times
>they were niggers or kikes every time

If tips didn't exist, waiters would make more money. Employers factor tips into their pay but some people are just greedy faggots and don't understand what a thankless job waiting tables is.
>>
>>69918535
$10.45

So $8 in the United States?

Factor in that our consumption taxes are lower & that people earning minimum wage pay $700 in taxes after refund.

So let's see 52 * 40 * 7.25 = $15,080/year. Subtract the income taxes you pay and you end up with $14,380/yr or $1198 per month.

This is the absolute lowest you can earn working 40 hours a week. That's 19,725 canuck bucks per year, or 18,800 canuck bucks after taxes.
>>
My tip is between nothing and 5%, to bring the bill total to an easy number that doesn't require coins. Bring me a bill that's £44.99? Sorry bro, 1p tip.
>>
>>69929937
>1979+37
>still drinking the carbonated jew
>>
File: dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg (74 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg
74 KB, 600x450
>>69914370
>>
File: tumblr_nvmlrdaJh21r8rljoo1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvmlrdaJh21r8rljoo1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x271
>be me a few years ago, not legal drinking age
>on ski trip in quebec
>go to village restaurant
>order a relatively expensive meal, and ask for a rum&coke
>server doesnt serve me the alcohol because of my age
>tip her $0.01
>she actually says "sir, you made a mistake, you only tipped me 1 cent, how would you like to pay for the tip?"
>laugh at her, say "you didnt serve me, why should i tip you?" and leave
>she mad
>spend the tip money on some alcohol
>get drunk anyways
Tipping should never be expected by the server, what a stupid way to do things.
>>
>>69927630

Why should it make a difference if someone has done something for me personally or not? Its for the greater good that it goes to the person with greater need.

This is why Christ's teachings are what have elevated civilization, contrary to your assertion. If everyone cares about everyone then everyone benefits. If they don't then we're stuck with the patron cronyism that's held the world back for so long, and still does.
>>
>>69919290
Drones will have your job in 5 years :^)
>>
>WAAAAAAH CUSTOMERS SHOULD TIP MEEEEEE

THEN GET

ANOTHER

FUCKING

JOB

Being a shitty waiter isnt the only job on earth a fuck face can do
>>
Tipping should be "encouraged", it should be a rating guide for how good the service is, so they don't act shitty on purpose so you actually do tip well. Its the cherry on the top of the cake, if they do a good job you give them a bit extra.

It's shitty because in reality you are scum and they call you scum if you tip anything below 10%~15%, and they probably spit in your food either way.

So many friends and family tell me that its such an evil thing if you don't automatically give 20% through 30% since you're just expected to do it. Then they tell me that waiters have it hard. Maybe if we stop tipping them then they'll have to actually do some union actions against their boss so they get a halfway decent salary rather than relying on tips. The other option is that they put more effort in and earn the tip, rather than it just being expected and I'm the asshole either way.

I'd rather just go out for fast food than spend an extra $3 for that stuff anyway.
>>
File: waiters vs mfgers.jpg (65 KB, 774x526) Image search: [Google]
waiters vs mfgers.jpg
65 KB, 774x526
>>69914540
>I didnt study 14 years psychology to not get atleast a $10 tip

your own fault, waiter boy.
>>
>>69932072
>Maybe if we stop tipping them then they'll have to actually do some union actions against their boss so they get a halfway decent salary rather than relying on tips.

My man, this is what I've been saying on /pol/ for a long time, but I guess it would be hard to unionize 100% unqualified labor.

They have no one to blame but themselves for stumbling into a "career" of waiting.
>>
>>69914370
This is dumb

a Tip is a service incentive that if a waitress does a good job, I will tip her accordingly
>>
>>69915488
>You don't have to work in the kitchen for a shit wage....
>but you do have to tip your waiter if you don't want spit in your drink next time you dine there
>>
>>69932456
>a Tip is a service incentive that if a waitress does a good job, I will tip her accordingly

If she does a good job she gets her wages.
>>
If you don't tip AT LEAST 20% you're either a nigger or a Jew. End of discussion.
>>
>>69914370
If the service is good.
If you just come to my table and take my order like a robot you're not getting anything but the change, and that's just because I'm lazy.
>>
>>69914370
>people try to excuse people doing shit at thier job
If they want money, they earn, I don't fucking care how underpaid they feel
>>
File: 1449417333975.jpg (30 KB, 480x356) Image search: [Google]
1449417333975.jpg
30 KB, 480x356
>>69914370

Oh I get it, this skit is funny because it's like in Bizarro world.

>Where two niggers tell a white lady that she has to tip 20%

Oh the laughs were had indeed.

>Blacks never tip!
>>
>>69931781

the greater good is the most evil concept ever formed by man. there is no greater good, and no greater man to experience this good. good is an individual experience. only an individual man can be happy or sad, or prosper or suffer.

the 'lesser' evils which the 'greater' good seeks to justify are intensely real, however.

christianity was accepted because of the wests tendency to broad altruism. this has advanced us. however, there are actual reasons for altruism that have zero to do with religion. while religion accelerated the acceptance and practice of altruism in beneficial ways, the fact remains that the cause for such behavior is pathological.

thus, it continues and continues to grow without any realistic limit to itself. and what you wind up with is the suicide of the west, because the inevitable end of altruism as a good-in-itself is the complete dispersal of all values and self interest until death occurs...

the foundational rationalization of this 'infinite altruism' that chrisitianity preaches is in fact self hatred, aka original sin.

you have no moral duty to do good for someone that has done no good for you and may never. the decision to do good for someone is a simple calculation that it is better to live in society by such behavior and the knowledge that good things often come to those who do good for others.

the essence of the pathological altruism is the fact that it blesses only sacrifice. sacrifice is trading something that is valuable for something that is not.

its not very christian for a mother to forsake the purchase of a hat, to feed her child. why? because the child is highly valuable to her. it's more christian for her to give the money to a friend and let her child starve. but, she still loves her friend, and so, it's not 'true' sacrifice.

the MOST christian thing to do is to give her money to a worthless nigger in africa and let her own child die. because she has given up what she loved for what she did not.
>>
>>69914370
I didn't tip a waitress one time because she gave me attitude for ordering something she thought was disgusting. That and fucking up my check because she said, and I quote " Oh I'm sorry, I thought you said cake."

I have tipped every other time I've gone out, but holy shit don't crucify me for not tipping some preppy blonde slut with a one digit IQ.
>>
>>69922089
>>69922251
>assmad delivery boys

Why haven't you killed yourselves yet?

>in store pickup fee

Eat shit and die faggots
>>
>>69919290
THIS IS WHY I WANT ROBOTS TO TAKE OVER MENIAL LABOR JOBS.
>>
>>69933071
tl;dr GIB TIPS
>>
>>69914737
No waiter is paid less than minimum wage.
In every state with a service-oriented clause with lower minimum wage, it's still up to the employer to pay the difference if they don't bring in the tips to pass that normal minimum wage threshold.
>>
>>69914370
I only tip women

Usually 10-25% depending on how catering they are to me.

Seriously if you're a male waiter you need to get bent
>>
>>69914370
Kinda angry. If the server fucking sucked, I'd leave a shitty tip and not reward the shitty behavior with that kind of tip.
>>
>customers in America are expected to pay the wage of employees of a business that isn't even theirs

What the fuck
>>
i usually tip 250% because im a jew fighing the stereotype
>>
>>69919290
Machines can't come fast enough.
>>
>>69914370
>be me and my buddy
>at chinese restaurant
>we order way too much food and have a bunch left over
>the guy and lady there think we are going to dip out on the check
>they literally stand there and wait near our table so we cant run
>they just watch us as we are eating
>we get pissed off
>i say to my friend that we aren't going to tip on a 100 dollar meal
>he is a good guy so he says we will tip
>ok
>be time to leave, they are standing there and we even talk about them right in front of their faces on how they're fucking annoying and we make fun of them
>we pay and buddy leaves the tip on the table, right when we pay they walk away and dont even care about us anymore
>i go to the bathroom, he goes to start his car
>come back from bathroom, tip is still on table
>i take the tip and pocket it
>leaved about 35 cents on the table
>then i flip all of our plates upside down
>gently
>then i pour 2 full sodas all over the table
>then i grab all the napkins out of the dispencer and just spread them around
>there is rice and soda all over the table, along with other crap
>finally take a bunch of soy sauce and pour it all over the leather seats
>go outside
>get in car
>leaved

i told my buddy and he fuckin died
>>
File: Scientist-monk.jpg (6 KB, 150x149) Image search: [Google]
Scientist-monk.jpg
6 KB, 150x149
>>69933071

> only an individual man can be happy or sad, or prosper or suffer.

And the world is made of individuals. The greater good just means making sure the most individuals are the most happy

>what you wind up with is the suicide of the west

Only because its abandoned its Christian roots. Christianity starts with a goal of "they must be like us". It says the solution to the problems in the Middle East is to Christianize them.

But now we have postmodern secularism, which refuses to take strong action for the greater good and is instead based on fallible emotions.

Christianity was the heart of the West, and now secularism has ripped its heart out. What we're seeing isn't the suicide of the West, that already took place - we're seeing its rigor mortis. Its frozen inability to take action where action is needed, or pronounce judgement where judgement has to be rendered.

>the foundational rationalization of this 'infinite altruism' that chrisitianity preaches is in fact self hatred

This makes no sense. It says to love all, not to hate yourself.

You should hate the evil within yourself, however. Unless you do you'll wind up celebrating it, like we see today with so many movement that define themselves by their sin (like people who take homosexuality as an identity, and literally throw parades in its honor)

>the decision to do good for someone is a simple calculation that...the knowledge that good things often come to those who do good for others

This only gets people to do good if they think it'll help them in some nebulous way. It usually won't. The money you send never comes back, and the time you spend helping does nothing for you. Helping others is often a burden and a misery.

> sacrifice is trading something that is valuable for something that is not

Only if you're sacrificing for the sake of sacrifice rather than for the sake of the greater good. It should be trading something valuable for you for something even more valuable for someone else.
>>
>>69914868
>It would be better that tips don't exists.
Go to a country where they don't take tips: you may still get good service, but it's all too common to get servers with shit attitudes when they know they don't have to make you happy.

>>69914370
That picture is shit. It defeats the purpose of the tip. I consider 15% baseline, if you are bad then you get less, if you're good you get more. For me it largely is based around your attitude and communication. You're nice and check in on me often but forgot something? That's fine, I get it, you're clearly doing what you can, mistakes happen. As opposed to getting me everything as ordered but I barely see you and you have a shitty attitude, then you get less.
>>
>>69914370
You being in a bad mood which you let interfere with the quality of your job does not mean anyone else should care about your sad, self-centered little life. If you expect tips as a shit server you can go fuck yourself 20 times over you self-entitled little shit.
>>
>>69914868
>ess
BUDAPEST
U
D
A
P
E
S
T
>>
File: 1453081164216.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1453081164216.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>>69934891

>be a male waiter
>won best waiter in the world award 20 consecutive years
>service is impeccable
>every dish that i serve takes on the flavor of what some have described "ambrosia", the food of the gods
>check the bill after you leave and see 0% tip
>>
>>69931591
this so much, anytime i was underage and someone let me have alcohol i always tipped them wayyy extra, they are doing me a favor

now im over 21 but i look young, I tip someone who doesn't check my ID alot more, because i feel that it incentivizes them to not check other peoples id's and so it might help some poor kid get a drink in the future
>>
>>69914965
>Waah I have to do what a customer tells me to

Welcome to customer service.
>>
>>69914370
Tips literally stand for "To Insure Promt Service"

if part of your wages are to be withheld from you for being shitty or anti-social or ungracious, then you sure as shit should be a good waiter

you don't get rewarded for being bad. It's not charity.
>>
>>69914370

No. We don't have this bizarre custom of Uniformed Panhandlers hovering around in restaurants like seagulls expecting you to give them money on top of the cost of the service you literally just paid for.
>>
>>69914370

Also;

>Giving money away for literally nothing

What do I get for tipping?

They're going to bring me my food anyway.
>>
>>69936116
this, i like to tip minimum, but if im a huge pain in the ass for them, like asking for a bunch of random shit, i give more
>>
>>69914370
Just eat at chinese restaurants, never leave a tip, doesnt matter if they dont get paid it's all a communal wage cause there all related.
>>
>>69914370
I don't see why they would not charge service fees and just cut out tipping or hike the prices on meals to pay minimum wage.
>>
>>69935551
Nigger you didn't cook that food, and you do a womans job
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 320x320
>>69914370
I only tip at nice restaurants, but when Jack in the Box and Carl's JR try to ask for tips, it rustles my jimmies, hard.
>>
>>69914370
Yeah but it was my fault:
>visit hipster bistro because I like wierd food
>fail to insist on superior male bartender
>idiotic cunt who has no place outside of the home tries to combine flirting with bartending, because normally that works for her
>I honestly just want a drink
>and, failing that, her vagina cut out and carpenter-stapled to her head like a pink dunce cap
>tip her anyway
>>
>>69914370
Actually level of service does not affect tips moat people just tip 20% regardless because of societal pressure. Except for black people
>>
>>69914370
No, it's not part of our culture
>>
Working for tips is literal servant tier.

I tip anywhere from zero, to 50% depending on service, price of my purchase does not affect your tip. Just because you poured me 3 20 dollar shots doesn't mean you fucking earned 12 bucks. Take your dollar a shot.
>>
>2016
>still falling for the gratuity jew
>>
>>69914370
I refuse to go to restaurants because I refuse to tip. Can't be morally shamed that way.
>>
>>69915156
I waited tables for years and this is true. Luckily the NEETs of /pol/ don't go out to eat much and you can make great money at a decent restaurant. I think tipping ends up great for servers at the right place.

You do have your bad nights, but I often used to make 30-40 bucks an hour, and sometimes you could bring in 300 bucks in five hours or something. Kind of miss it now.
>>
File: logichowitwork.jpg (101 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
logichowitwork.jpg
101 KB, 500x280
Don't tip unless they do more than their job.

They don't get paid enough to live on that way? Then they need to find a better job or negotiate a raise.
>>
>>69914370
I disagree with tipping, so I rarely go out.
But if I do, I either tip 3 bucks, or 5 bucks.
Only 5 bucks if they're really nice or something.
None of that % bullshit.
It's not my duty to pay another person's wages, and that's literally what tipping is.
Fucking stupid,
>>
>being a server is hard.

This meme must die. Being a server is not hard work.

>but you have to stay on your feet all day!

Wow, walking and standing around in an air conditioned building and bringing people food... So hard. Literally woman work.
>>
>>69931490
How is it the cook's fault that SHE got the order wrong?
Shouldn't she have noticed the first time?
>>
>>69925767
Bartenders steal like it's their job. When they're not charging drunks extra for drinks they didn't buy (and pocketing that money) they short shots and keep the rest to either give to their friends, drink themselves, or sell to other customers and keep the cash.

It's a favorite game that when some frat boy comes in with a bitch he's trying to impress and orders something top-shelf; you pour that faggot something cheap and pocket the difference, (or buy the $5 shot yourself and drink the $30 one the fool just bought. As long as the pours and the register match you can do this even with the new electronic systems.) The frat never knows the difference and is happy with swill.
>>
File: 946126-odin.jpg (106 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
946126-odin.jpg
106 KB, 600x889
>>69939688
How dishonorable.
Since when did people lose their honor?
>>
>>69914370
I rarely tip more than a dollar or two regardless of how much my bill was.
>>
>>69914370
Usually tip 20% unless service is exceptionally shitty. If this happens I usually speak to a manager.
Before my current job i had held nearly every position in the restaurant biz... Ive seen what happens on the other end when people are known to not tip...

Anyway here's another scenario for you /pol/
be drinking at a bar
get hungry and order food to go
get bill
Do you leave a tip based on the entire bill or just the booze?
not like the bartender did anything to serve or clean up the food
>>
File: 6774676-3x2-940x627.jpg (103 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
6774676-3x2-940x627.jpg
103 KB, 940x627
>>69935197
>>they literally stand there and wait near our table so we cant run
>>they just watch us as we are eating
"I'm too thick and self absorbed to realise that it was probably near closing and these restaurant owners who have a life outside of their work just wanted to close up and go home..."
>i take the tip and pocket it
>then i flip all of our plates upside down
>then i pour 2 full sodas all over the table
>then i grab all the napkins out of the dispencer and just spread them around
>finally take a bunch of soy sauce and pour it all over the leather seats
"So instead of being a good customer I decided to be a cunt and thought that was funny."
>>
I'm going to the states for holiday this December and I'm dreading tipping. It seems like such a fucking joke. The only time you tip here is if the employee is absolutely top notch or if a cabbie or something has to give you back under a dollar of change and you let him keep it. The whole system of tipping is fucked.
If I go to a bar or something will the bartender really ignore me when it's busy if I don't tip them each drink?
>>
>>69919290

kek'd.

Also I do tip because I'm a regular at a lot of places and 10% isn't a big deal to me. Literally only poor people tip over 10% because anyone with an ounce of fiscal responsibility won't throw their money away on some barmaid bringing beer.

Also the muh hardworking waitress meme needs to die, it's literally the easiest fucking job and is undeserving of any real commendation.

>Wow that waitress was AMAZING!
>Did you notice how well she brought me my beer?
>That was just perfect when she brought us our food out to eat!
>She made sure to check back to see if everything was good, unreal!
>Look at this, she drew a smiley on the check, that made my day!

You have to be a total idiot to fuck up being a waitress and if you're having a bad day then suck it up because it's the SERVICE INDUSTRY.
>>
File: 1454836224155.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1454836224155.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
> 70 years old man work 100h hours a week, 1 week out of two as a taxi driver
> Literally never complains, rarely gets tipped
> Has to deal with drunks, disabled and brain damaged people along with with people that dirty the car on a daily basis
> Waitress in theirs 20s are whining about not getting tips

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>69914370
I tip. I don't have a problem with it. I usually give somewhere between 20-25%, depending on how it was.

I honestly don't see what the big deal about it is. All of this "TIP CULTURE!" stuff doesn't make sense to me. Even if waiters made $15/hour do you really think that they would make more than if they made the $2/hour plus tips? You and three friends sit for an hour, have a couple of drinks, eat dinner, and drop twenty bucks. Four other tables do the same shit that night.

What's the big deal?
>>
>get basic service
>not bad
>not great
>just completely plain and routine
>don't leave a tip because he didn't do anything deserving of more than his wages
>as I am leaving he goes to clean the table
>actually looks around for me after he looks at the receipt and sees no tip
Fuck retarded servers who think they deserve a tip just for doing their job. If they want a tip, they should fucking act like it
>>
>>69941917
If you are just visiting, don't worry about tipping. Servers just get upset and won't actually fuck with you until you have been in there about 5 times and haven't tipped once.

If you aren't a regular somewhere, don't tip.
>>
>>69914370
This is never a conversation women would have.
1. women are generally horrible tippers.
2. women will rip other women to shreds at any chance, its very rare they would be supportive of a waitress having a bad day.
3. the only way a woman would tip well for poor service is if it was a cute guy.

was a waiter through college
>>
File: 1256111835078.gif (494 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1256111835078.gif
494 KB, 480x270
>>69919290
I am currently employed part time at a Dominos. You and the staff that you work with are scum. At my location, we maintain professionalism when dealing with customers, whether it be out of sight or in sight. We know who the shitty tippers are, and we sometimes complain that we have to take the delivery to them, but we always do it. We never fuck with their food. We never make their food cold. We never spit in their food. We never take the long way.

On the flip side, drivers do get way less than minimum wage when clocked onto the road. We are classified as working for tips. If we did not receive tips, but instead received minimum wage at all times, we would literally be paying to work. We pay for our own gas, insurance, tires, brakes, car, maintenance, shoes, pants, shirts, hats, jackets, etc. Once you factor in the cost-per-mile making no tips, you find that you are paying to work. Making the $3-10 tip per delivery fixes this so that you are making about $8-15 per hour, depending on how good tips are, how efficient you can drive, and how reliable your car is.
>>
>Americans have had a left-wing President for the last eight years
>worker's rights? what's that? better bring in more cheap Mexican labour!
>>
>>69914370
zero nada nothing, they choose to work as a slave so fuck them.
>>
>>69914893
I work for tips and can confirm this is true.

>>69922144
I generally find the biggest determinant of whether people tip to be the amount of money they have.
>>
Lmao I love reading the whiny comments of the girls I went to high school with who bitch about not getting tips fuck you I'm not paying your salary bitch I just bought like a $15 meal why am I giving your dumbass an extra 5 when it's completely optional fuck you no I'm not poor and yeah I can afford $5 but I have a million things better to spend it on than paying some girl's salary because the kike who runs the restaurant gets away with paying them $3/ hr
>>
I only tip so the chick Im with sees how successfull I am before I bang her
>>
I only tip at restaurants I intend on going to more times after that. My pizza place often gives me free shit because I tip well
>>
>>69917296
> Some places in Moscow advocate it.
In Moscow people tip but it ain't socially mandatory and there is no ostracizing for not tipping.
>>
>>69944863
this post brought tears of joy to my eyes
>>
>>69914370

>Classic propaganda

Blacks are widely recognized to be bad tippers. It's endemic enough that waiters/waitresses use euphemisms to refer to tables full of blacks such as 'Canadians'.

>Blond white woman

Bitchy, selfish

>Black 'women'

Measured, generous.

------------
Total inversion of reality
>>
>>69944772
>I generally find the biggest determinant of whether people tip to be the amount of money they have.
Not my experience.
>>69943955
here...
I deliver to a wide range of income levels, all the way from poor niggers in projects, to rich people in million dollar homes. I have found that Mexicans living in trailers and middle class people to be the best tippers. The worst tippers are all around niggers, regardless of income level, and the second worst are people in apartments, followed by rich people.
>>
>>69914370

SNL has become a liberal wasteland.

It was always kinda wishy washy, but now it's full blown nigger loving SJW.
>>
>>69945610
How do you know if people are rich or not?
I mean there are lots of poor NEET's living in expensive neighborhoods who don't get allowances from mommy & daddy.
Can't always assume someone is rich just because they live in a nice area.
>>
>>69945929
Middle aged man living in a million dollar house with a meticulously maintained yard, two BMWs and a Mercedes in the driveway, answers the door wearing a suit and tie, inside of the house looks like Downton Abbey
Probably RICH.
>>
>>69939939
when odin got changed
>>
>>69931070
Canuck bucks do not go as far as fat American Cocks - I mean, dollars.
>>
>>69918845
I hate those touchscreen things. I'm not even a germaphobe, but you can see a translucent layer of pure germ on every touch screen payment thing I have ever came across.
>>
>>69914370

fuck these overpaid sluts.
>>
File: merchant).png (5 KB, 122x123) Image search: [Google]
merchant).png
5 KB, 122x123
>>69914370
I don't tip because 15 an hour should be enough. they said it them self's it's enough.
>>
File: 1387370799451.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1387370799451.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>69920985
>eating culture
>>
>>69919290
You are a faggot.
I worked Delivery for domino's and we never did that shit. Our store was the highest rated in the region because our manager was really dedicated and we prided ourselves in being the best. I bet your store is the lowest rated in the region.
>>
File: 0314 - zutA3ep.png (154 KB, 262x293) Image search: [Google]
0314 - zutA3ep.png
154 KB, 262x293
>>69914370

I went to a pizza place, they took 3 minutes to seat us when the place was really not busy.

Another 7 or 8 to take drink orders and food orders.

And then I'm sitting there for 30 minutes waiting for appetizers.

Left half a dollar, I tore it in half.
>>
My job involves me traveling all around the world. I have never once felt American service was exceptional enough to warrant tipping. Everywhere you get some good service, and some bad service. Some cultures have better service trends than others but that seems to be totally independent of tipping. From my experience tipping is so "expected" that it just creates an idiotic sense of entitlement. I only ever tip if I am with clients and I don't want to look like a cheapskate.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.