[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russia angry as Poland moves to tear down Communist monuments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 103513081-RTR33HP6.530x298.jpg (41 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
103513081-RTR33HP6.530x298.jpg
41 KB, 530x298
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/01/russia-angry-as-poland-erases-communist-past.html

https://www.rt.com/politics/338366-activists-ask-unesco-to-protect/

Poland's plans to demolish around 500 Soviet-era monuments have angered Russia, according to media reports, further damaging relations between the former Soviet satellite state and the country.

Poland is planning a mass demolition of monuments that are relics of the country's Communist past which are seen as reminders of Soviet Russia's invasion and subsequent decades-long political dominance of the eastern European nation until a popular uprising in 1989 overthrew Communist rule.
>>
>>69903891
You can see the evil in Stalin's eyes, the evil that killed 60 million people.
>>
Why did it take Poland so long to do this?
>>
>>69904456
Polish government was filled with ex-Commies until recently.
>>
Put them into a museum though.
>>
>>69903891
Why wouldn't Poland do it? Don't those monuments basically represent their nation being occupied, and a depressing occupation at that?

Russians can fuck off if that actually offends them.
>>
>>69904456
Exactly, though it's all good.
Russian communist can go build their own statues. If they can afford it. Fucking dumbfucks hurr durr communism is great Jesus Christ
>>
Can they take them down but preserve them? Rather sad day when history is destroyed

Not that I'm against sticking it to the commies
>>
How can one country be so based? :D
>>
Fucking Russian commie scum.
>>
>>69905662
>Can they take them down but preserve them?
There actually isn't that much to preserve. They are mostly ugly as fuck concrete blocks with red stars painted on them.
>>
>>69903891

the only good thing we got from them was pałac kultury i nauki and I bet there will be a lot of polfags disagreeing with me on that
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.