[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>being for capital punishment >wanting the state to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 367x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 367x332
>being for capital punishment
>wanting the state to have that power
>>
>>69899158
I want people who do really bad things to die, but you're right, I don't want the state to do it.

Wat do?
>>
>>69899271

Democratic executions.

Of course that runs the risk of mob rule.
>>
>>69899158
A corrupt state could start murdering citizens tomorrow; it doesn't need permission of the People to do so. But as an apparatus of the People, it isn't to be feared. What you are describing is the irrational fear of using a knife to chop up some carrots because a knife could be wielded by a criminal to stab you. The two are unrelated, and you can't prevent the latter by refusing the former.
>>
>>69899158

What is better, killing a man, or imprisoning him for life? The people that seem to argue that sometimes the wrong people get put to death don't seem to think about it. I like the fact that in every death penalty case the evidence gets examined and re-examined with the harshest eye. It may not be perfect, but is probably as perfect as humans can get.

Without the death penalty being around, judges and lawyers would not look at their own system and the evidence nearly as hard.

And some people really do deserve it.
>>
>>69899158
>being an anti-state autistic fag

Waaaaa I don't want the death penalty I'd rather pay for this murderers food and shelter for the next 80 years waaaaaa
>>
>>69899329
> That runs the risk of mob rule
Libertarians are so fucking stupid.
This is mob rule you fucker.
Calling it democratic doesn't change that.
>>
File: 1456764006708.jpg (434 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1456764006708.jpg
434 KB, 2048x1365
Where do you think states came from? When did we get so naive as a populace that we think that force is never required?
>>
>>69899842

I'm pretty sure it is cheaper just to keep them in jail for 80 years rather than the endless court cases and appeals process in a death penalty case.

But should society keep some scum bag alive? Some crimes are very abhorrent.
>>
>>69900287
get rid of all the appeals
we used to just hang them within a week
>>
Inb4 idiots reply saying it's more expensive to do the death penalty.

It in itself is obviously cheaper. Fixed just need to be made to the expensive system.
>>
>>69900272

The only reason the courts exist is to keep people from dueling.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 770x510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 770x510
>wanting 0 punishment for lifers who kill others in prison
>>
>>69900287

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgQRgT15f9U
>>
>beeing pro live
>beeing christian
>complaining about stonings and beheading

>wants people to await their certain death for years by getting barbecued on an electric chair
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.