[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this is old, but can someone explain to me how the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: ss+(2016-04-04+at+07.52.09).jpg (137 KB, 635x594) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-04+at+07.52.09).jpg
137 KB, 635x594
I know this is old, but can someone explain to me how the fuck this happened?
>>
Look up FPTP you uncultured swine #MakeAmericaGreatAgain
>>
>>69893505
First past the post method of voting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo

Shit method desu
>>
You win seats based on counties you win. Farage is spread too thin.
>>
>>69893659
Didnt you guys have a chance to reform that when Cameron held a referendum on Alternative Voting? And you guys fucked it up.
>>
>Lose the election
>Whine about it like a baby
Why did you guys even like Farage?
>>
>>69893505
>>69893578
>>69893659
Rating voting > ranked voting > instant run off > fptp
>>
>>69893776
AV is shit, PR open/closed list is what electoral reformists wanted (personally I think FPTP is fine)
>>
>>69893659
Our STV method is shit too. It's more "democratic" but look up the clusterfuck it's caused in our latest general election.
>>
>>69893992
Why would you think FPTP is fine? It leads to shit like the voice of 12% of Brits getting ignored.
>>
File: FPTP-PD.png (14 KB, 580x327) Image search: [Google]
FPTP-PD.png
14 KB, 580x327
>>69893505

as he says here >>69893578

FPTP (First past the post)

There are about 650 constituencies in the UK, varying in size but roughly the same in population. The format is winner takes all per constituency. So if Labour get 9000 votes and the tories 8999 then labour take the seat. In 2015 the SNP were relatively popular (about half of Scotland voted for them) This gave them enough to win in every seat in Scotland bar maybe one or two. The SNP didn't put forward candidates in England. So they took 1.5 million votes split across the 50 odd scottish seats available for the Westminster parliament (UK house of commons). These votes were enough to give them a majority in most Scottish seats. UKIP stood candidates in almost every constituency so while taking 4 million votes overall (third largest by share of votes, Con with 11 million, labour with 9 million). But because UKIPs support was spread fairly evenly across the UK they failed to turn votes into seats.

FPTP is fucked. It has some redeeming features like having a local representative directly accountable to you but the current system is far to likely to favour the established parties or single issue local parties. As such it cose UKIP something like 4 million votes to get on seat and the SNP just 25k votes per seat.

Labour and the Tories generally benefit from this system so it is unlikely to change any time soon. The Lib Dems are committed to reform but were essentially wiped out at the last election.
>>
>>69893821
muslim detected
>>
File: no-to-av-soldier.jpg (59 KB, 1142x481) Image search: [Google]
no-to-av-soldier.jpg
59 KB, 1142x481
>>69893776
But we can't afford it m8 :^)
>>
>>69894310

Out of the 46.5m people that voted 41m did not vote for UKIP/BNP/Nazis

Does that mean 41m are Muslims or just not racist?
>>
>>69893505
Sorry not enough liberals in the upper house, gerrymandering stays
>>
>>69894339
I dont even know what to say. How are those two things even related?

Whose poster was that, by the by? Which party?
>>
>>69894179
Ideally parties would be illegal and their backdoor deals also. Forcing people to run on their own opinions and no party>country.

Probably too hard to ever enforce. Only other possible solution I see is limiting terms. Though if our governments werent allowed to be so sweepingly powerful it would be nearly non issue.
>>
>>69894564
Conservatives
>>
>>69894445
It means the opinion and voice of 4.5 million people are taken out of the democratic process.
>>
>>69893992

>AV is shit, PR open/closed list is what electoral reformists wanted

Yeah that was fast one they pulled.

I think the whole system needs reformed. I'd have a bigger HoC with half the MPs decided on the current system (so you don't lose a direct representative) and the other half decided on popular vote. At the election you'd be able to cast two votes, one for local MP, one nationally.
>>
>>69893776
>>69894179
They only offered AV because no one actually wanted it. If we'd voted for it, we'd never get another chance at electoral reform within our lifetimes probably. As things stand, switching to PR will probably become top of the agenda once the EU referendum is dealt with and we'll get another vote within 5-10 years.
>>
>>69894339
What tasteless manipulation...
>>
>>69894339
How else is he going to stay safe in Birmingham...?
>>
>>69894339

Got the other one?
>>
>tfw half the brit fags I know said they voted conservative rather than their preferable choice of unipolar out of fear of losing

You guys are so cucked it ain't even funny
>>
>>69893659
>first past the post

What the fuck britain.
>>
>>69894641

They were represented and they lost.
Just seem to be sore losers.
>>
>>69894658

Top of who's agenda? The 8 Lib Dems and one UKIP? Despite having a more advanced system in Scotland the SNP have no interest in rocking the boat when they stand to benefit so much. Fuck these faux-nationalist neo-liberal SJW shitcunts.
>>
>>69894658
Hows brexit going?

We should form a side-NATO thats basically the whole west+RU+CHN+IND as an anti-terror union. Basically a Nato/Warsaw/Brics sort of allience of states against terror states they all agree on as terror states; like ISIS.
>>
File: no-to-av-baby-campaign-005.jpg (32 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
no-to-av-baby-campaign-005.jpg
32 KB, 460x276
>>69894564
I think it was a joint effort from the main two parties: Labour and Conservatives.
>>
>>69894638
I thought the conservatives were the ones who proposed AV.

>>69894595
Sounds good to me, but we're stuck with the party system.
>>
>>69894870
It always is, innit?
>>
File: Labour-launch-No-to-AV-ca-007.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Labour-launch-No-to-AV-ca-007.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
Labour are the worst, they're as power hungry as the Tories.
>>
>>69894707
Conservatives are better than Labour though.. Besides all that happened was the SNP dictating to England how to vote, this backfires every time.

People still don't understand the mindset of English people, you tell us something is bad/wrong or evil and we're going to do it.

You tell us that we're good people or nice, we don't like it, it doesn't feel normal.

Scotland telling us what's going to happen and how we should vote, well the reverse will happen, they'll be told to fuck off and stay the fuck out of our business.

Also Labour are cucks, we would be swamped with billions of shitskins if Labour were in power. At least Cameron told Merkel to fuck off in regards to quotas and told the Calais shitskins to kill themselves.

Labour would be rolling out the red carpet, welcoming all of them in and handing them trillions of £'s in benefits along with a complimentary underage white girl for them to rape.

So no, we're not cucks at all, we were smart, we knew UKIP wouldn't get in under FPTP, so we voted tactically and it worked.

Scotland is being punished with migrants and cuts to benefits, England is being shielded from it all.

It's a good thing, about time some balance happened in the UK, time for Scotland to suffer!
>>
>>69894874
Hm. Also maybe forcing longer residency rules so politicans can't just move somewhere and run just right off the bat to represent some place they're new to, or even though they really lived in London for example, and not ___.
>>
>>69894825
>were represented
Representation is a continuos and ongoing process. 4.5 million people have 1 UKIP MP to represent them. That means the relation between parliament and the people is not proportional. It's fucked. It means 2 conservative MPs with 40,000 votes each can drown out the one UKIP MP and his 4.5 million electorate.
>>
>>69894874
Nah, Lib Dems had it as a condition of being the minority party in the Tory-led coalition government. Though the Lib Dems wanted PR originally but the Tories refused.
>>
>>69894870

at's the one.

>>69894852

>Hows brexit going?

Surprisingly good. Observer (Sunday Guardian) had a poll recently that put leave on 45%, stay on 38 and a few undecided.
>>
>>69894981

Wow they even used to same colours and font. Who are these fucking goons that turn out to something like that?
>>
>>69895026
To be fair, doing the opposite of what you're told means you are just as manipulatable as those who do as they are told..
>>
>>69893505
>SNP: 1.4m votes, 56MPs
>UKIP: 4m votes, 1MP
JUST
>>
>>69895065
Yeah but wasn't the scotland vote or something held to a higher than 50% requirement or some such bullshit? How about this?
>>
>>69893505
They were offered Proportional Representation by the Lib Dems and said no to it.
>>
>>69895026
>You tell us that we're good people or nice, we don't like it, it doesn't feel normal.
The Dutch have that too. I guess it's northern European protestant thing, always with the guilt.
>>
>>69895065
Yeah, because polls are definitely reliable. Just look how accurate they were during the 2015 General Election /s.
>>
>>69895179

Shhhh lad. Dinnae give the game away.
>>
>>69894981

These cunts are utterly dead in Scotland. Id sooner vote fucking Tory.
>>
>>69895179
We've been dictated to by Scotland for decades, the handgun ban, mass migration.

This stems from the parliament of England centuries ago fearing the loss of rights as Englishmen because of Scottish subversion.

It's exactly what your founding fathers fought for, we've had it eroded over the years. The biggest mistake of the English empire was helping Scotland. Seriously.

And you're damn right we're going to do the reverse of what people want of us, we don't do as we're told by any of you, do you understand that?

Obama coming here and telling us to stay in the EU will have the reverse effect, it will make people ardent and more likely to vote out because we're cynical people and can see through others.

We're a fucking hivemind of people, the only people that advocate for the EU and for the English to fall in line are kikes, Muslims, Scottish and other filth that need to get the fuck out, stay the fuck out of our business and die a painful death.

That's right baby, England runs these isles now. Scotland will fucking learn to submit like the dog it is and accept the right wing, gun loving, freedom fighting English rights ensconced in Magna Carta and the Bill of Rights.

Mother fuckers gonna learn and they will fucking learn.

William Wallace was a faggot lefty nigger fucker who done got himself raped by a knife.

Mother fucking Scots gon get raped. All Celts will submit.
>>
>>69895284

First poll I'm aware of showing out in front. Just thought it was noteworthy.
>>
>>69895275
That might be why we get on?
>>
>>69895480

Settle doon lad.
>>
>>69895275
>>69895588
I don't feel guilt, I'm just a cynical cunt that can see through the false niceness of people.

Americans are notorious for it, they're as fake as their teeth and smooth foreheads full of botox.
>>
>>69895751
Shut up Celt, we're gonna punish you like we did years ago for your crimes.

Piss us off will you? Think you can get away with it do you?

Mother fuckers like you never learn from history, you will pay again. Promise you sweetcakes.
>>
>>69893505
Parliamentary systems are trash.
>>
>>69895811
Guilt, as in, we tend to look to ourselves, take responsibility for things even if we didnt do it. And if people give us credit, it feels weird.

Eh, there must be some kind of cultural link. You fucks are just across from us after all.
>>
>>69895902

I would bet all my money you live in the north of England
>>
>>69895902

Enjoy your drought and pakis then lad.
>>
File: ukip batman2.jpg (428 KB, 877x620) Image search: [Google]
ukip batman2.jpg
428 KB, 877x620
>>69893505
>I know this is old, but can someone explain to me how the fuck this happened?

Because the UK uses a First Past the Post system, exactly like the USA.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (107 KB, 727x867) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
107 KB, 727x867
>Corbyn to be attending Glastonbury
>Giving a speech at the Left Field

"Apparently" he's supposed to be speaking at the weekend 2 days after the referendum, though this could change.

The liberal/marxist indoctrination is real.
>>
>>69893992
STV is the superior system, ranked voting with multiple MPs in larger constituencies.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.