[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the laughing of racially aware Europeans returning to Paganism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Pepe Wojak Noreg.png (716 KB, 996x914) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Wojak Noreg.png
716 KB, 996x914
Why are racially aware Europeans that worship their old pantheons mocked so much, here on the chans of all places?

Of course the Christians will defend their faith. But the way they do it is almost unbearable. From what I know and can see, several of the arguments made by pagans are sound. We want to preserve our race - It makes sense to worship the gods of our blood. The logic is reasonable.
>>
>>69876928
I personnaly do, but we must be aware that some neo paganism group are degenerate lefties hippies, ore some new age shit.

The traditionnal way is the ethnical way.
>>
>>69877154
>some neo paganism group are degenerate lefties hippies, ore some new age shit.
You mean Wicca? Yes, Wicca is absolute cancer that need to be purged. And it have almost nothing in common with the old faiths. For example, the wicca people would be thrown into a bog by my ancestors.
>>
>>69876928
God Created all races but that does not mean they are all equal
>>
>>69876928
Because if you are "aware" you are meant to realize that religion is bogus.
Keep your spiritual believes if you want to, just don't let them dictate your everyday life and don't push them on others.
Oh, and don't expect your spiritual views to be taken into account when discussing practical politics.
>>
I am a witch. But I am not wiccan or any of that gay shit.
>>
>>69878599
That's right, goy. The Earth was specifically made for the Jewish master race.
>>
>>69878910
don't you realize that the jews are of the synagogue of satan and will worship the anti christ when he comes
>>
>>69877293

I think he means how most of them seem to be anti-racist or anti-nazi, explicitly.
>>
>shopping around for a religion

basically admitting you know it's not real
>>
>>69879123
This. Same with the christfags. It's just LARPing.
>>
>Why the laughing of racially aware Europeans returning to Paganism?

Laughing at something is the first step.
Then they attack it.
They they lost.
>>
Paganism might as well be Islam
>>
>>69876928
Because they think there religion is right and yours is wrong...little do they know the more they insult your religion the more they basically insult theirs
>>
>>69876928
Because we don't know shit about the gods of old. Anyone who says otherwise is either a meme pagan or simply in the process of inventing his/her own form of paganism (like Varg). Both don't have anything to do with ancient European paganism.
>>
>>69876928
Theyre basically the reddit of religion
>>
File: odins symbols.jpg (31 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
odins symbols.jpg
31 KB, 340x270
>>69876928
Because neo paganism has turned the effort into a universalist cluster fuck.

They include things like chakras and wiccan practice, saying mantras like "There is no room for racism in Ásatru" and shit, praise faggot marriage.

It's been maimed and ruined as a proper revival effort and turned into a fashion trend of the left.

That is why it is mocked.

And I hate that, as a Folkish Odinist.
>>
File: Mishima-Tribute-2015.jpg (2 MB, 2599x2599) Image search: [Google]
Mishima-Tribute-2015.jpg
2 MB, 2599x2599
Because Paganism is basically just larping.
>>
File: 021020.jpg (59 KB, 960x528) Image search: [Google]
021020.jpg
59 KB, 960x528
>>69876928
>Why are racially aware Europeans that worship their old pantheons mocked so much

maybe because of people like pic related. also nordic paganism became a meme for far right people. as for hungarian paganism here, its a joke and people associate it with either wierdos or ultra-nationalist rednecks.
>>
Catholicism leaves a lot of room for the old myths and fairy tales. Paganism just isn't a religion anymore.
>>
File: 1450574629375.jpg (17 KB, 295x449) Image search: [Google]
1450574629375.jpg
17 KB, 295x449
Paganism is matriarchal. When women ruled the world through paganism, there was bloodshed and savagery for centuries. It wasn't until the patriarchal faiths, the Father, entered the picture did we have peace and prosperity.

Paganism is the religion of animals and women. Following God and the teachings of Christ will bring the world to glorious salvation.
>>
>OP is Norwegian and talking about paganism
Is OP Varg ?
>>
There's not a single Pagan out there who isn't a LARPing piece of shit. It's especially cringeworthy when it comes from some Italian-American schmuck who posts some embarassing "Hail to the Gods" bullshit on facebook. You might as well be a neckbeard. The use of ancient Norse is cringeworthy, especially when American phonies like NORSKK do it and misspell everything hilariously.
>>
>>69879466
Neopagans are fucking cancer, and the gods don't bless their efforts because they don't blot in exchange for successes. People gotta read the Eddas and understand them.
>>
>>69879674
>Is OP Varg ?

You realize that Varg is no more, right? He changed his name (again) to Louis Cachet and is a French citizen now.
>>
>>69879379
For most Europeans, that is indeed the case.
Christians did a pretty throughout job at destroying the original European religions.
Thankfully we Finns were taken over relatively late, so some aspects of our beliefs and tales etc remained intact enough that they were still able to be recovered into the Kalevala.
>>
>>69879549

I really, really like this picture
>>
>>69876928
>>69877293
Neopaganism is cancer. You talk about "race realism" and then go and "believe" something that is obviously untrue. I mean, you don't really believe that thunder is caused by some dude riding through the sky in a chariot pulled by fucking goats, do you?
>>
>>69879731
Yeah, I enjoy thuleanperspective
>>
>>69876928
>Why are racially aware Europeans that worship their old pantheons mocked so much, here on the chans of all places?
I actually agree with it. We need a religion where our race is forefront and center.
The reason why it gets laughed at is because it seems (superficially at least) to be people who are just really into shows like the Vikings and Game of Thrones, like a cosplay of sorts.
Let's not mention that like 50% of these people worshiping nordic gods aren't even nordic.
I'll accept an Italian or Greek as "white," but when they start prancing around like they're descended from vikings, they just look stupid.
>>
>>69879643

Paganism was patriarchal; shield maidens and equality among pagans are all myths that Pagan fags are eager to perpetuate and frame as truth in an attempt to whiteknight some dumb female animals into their club of autistic Odin worshippers
>>
>>69879691
The gods have had genuine tangible manifestations in my life with a 100% success rate. I didn't even go choosing the Germanic gods, they were just the only ones that actually answered any of my prayers.

It's insane how practical it is. I've been doing this for more than half a decade now and everything I've asked for I've gotten.

the LARPers get nothing, because they're insincere.
>>
>>69879731
>Louis
Why would he change his name to something derived from the first Frankish king to convert to Christianity?
>>
>>69879708
Tbh I've blöted many times any never asked for anything in return from the Gods. Asking is begging. And begging isn't something they'd even notice.

Ever since I've started, though, I've found full time employment, got myself a car and also started having more success with women.

Just my take on it though. Only been going to hearths/Things for 3 years now. Still learning so much though.
>>
>>69879916

It's for his family's safety
>>
Every Pagan I've met irl is some overweight, extreme liberal weirdo who sports a pony tail and listens to shitty metal. Why on God's blue earth anyone would want to associate with these freaks is beyond me.
>>
File: 1445034184853.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1445034184853.gif
2 MB, 640x360
Paganism is shit tier. Your temples have been razed, your priests slaughtered and your gods confined to the dustbin of history.

Yet the God of Abraham marches on.
>>
File: socialconstruct#2.jpg (135 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
socialconstruct#2.jpg
135 KB, 600x1000
>>69876928

Maybe they are scared that they have been wrong worshiping the spaghetti Jew for the last 2000 years.
>>
>>69876928
Because faggots like you worship cuck, some egyptian god.
It's in your image.
>>
>>69879016
>this meme again
>>
>>69879880
Canada you turn more into Australia by the minute
>>
Ah the good old time when we lived in mudhuts, settled disputes with murder and raped left and right. Such a pinacle of civilisation.
>>
>>69879919
I generally sacrifice after I've received what I asked for. It's a good system, it's worked 100% so I can't argue against it.

I don't go to Things, and I have no real desire to associate with other pagans. I don't openly identify as a pagan because I understand how cringey 99% of pagans are (I have a Thor's hammer pendant, but I only ever wear it under my clothes) I just have associations with a few gods (Forseti, Saga, Odin, Thor, Idunn, Ostara mainly. Forseti is my patron.)
>>
>>69879738

I know yet Jew media and the left always try to act like hey Christian Europeans are ruining peoples culture. When in fact it happened to the Europeans first before many others.

Fuck the HIVE!
>>
>>69879379
This
Artificially reviving a old, dead religion no matter how cool it may seems just doesn't feel right
It's somehow pathetic
Ofc Donar/Thor is a cool god
Riding in a chariot that is pulled by rams over the sky and shooting lightning bolts while thunder roars is undeniably a epic thing
But this neo paganism is just pathetic
It's like that made up nigger Christmas they celebrate in america
Or their 'african' names layteeshawnee tyrashwanee etc
>>
File: 1439417278039.jpg (92 KB, 960x722) Image search: [Google]
1439417278039.jpg
92 KB, 960x722
>>69879786
Yeah it is pretty nice.

tribute to Mishima

>pic related

I don't have without the text though
>>
>>69879814
Pagan women sacrificed virgins and babies. Pagans worshiped fertility and women's vaginas. Almost all pagan faiths, not just norse/celtic paganism, worship these similar things -- women, vaginas, tits, birthing and babies. Denying this is embarrassing for you. Not knowing these basic parts of paganism is silly.
>>
File: 1459376057055.jpg (30 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
1459376057055.jpg
30 KB, 400x301
>>69876928
Paganism is shit tier. Few steps over unredeemable tier (islam the death cult)
>>
>>69880241
Valí is my patron.

And I agree most pagans are cringey because they are edge lord skin heads or fat obese fuckers who like it because their favorite metal band sings songs about the gods.
>>
I really wish the Abrahamic religions weren't all the same once they find out you don't follow their God.

We should look at ourselves as Europeans first, perhaps if we made them realise that race > religion then they would come around.

It breaks my heart to see my fellow whites pray to a God and Messiah from the middle-east.

Paganism has made me a better person, before I started practicing I was obese and a kissless NEET.

Now I have lost 120lb, have a place at uni getting good grades and have had multiple relationships.

Whether it was the Gods or it was finding a love for my heritage, and wanting those who came before me to be proud.

Paganism has done me well, and I hope more of our people wake up to what is ours. Catholicism certainly never did for me.
>>
File: kotek.jpg (127 KB, 1200x808) Image search: [Google]
kotek.jpg
127 KB, 1200x808
>>69876928
Yeah, paganism makes more sense than christianity in terms of a European religion. Especially in Scandinavia, where the local protestant churches have gone full SJW and Swedistan has a lesbian bishop removing crosses to be more welcoming to muslims. Nonetheless, as an atheist interested in European culture (paganism included) I have to say all the neo-pagans I've met were cringeworthy LARPers.
>>
Skudem?
>>
>>69879919
Perhaps you've found full time employment because a company found you to be a reasonable candidate for their work, you bought yourself the car, and started having more success with women because you started sucking less dick.
>>
>>69880346
It's actually kind of sad that I can't even disagree with most of the things the other people in this thread are saying, especially >>69880290.
>>
>>69880301

Paganism was phallocentric, they danced around large wooden penises with faces on them. No vaginas, mutt fuck. Buy yourself a ticket from Backwater, USA and visit a Viking museum here. Or are you afraid? "B-back t-to the cuckshed, S-Sven. Yeah, I sure showed him there."
>>
Believing in any deity is massively cringey, especially polytheism. Not to mention that most of these people are following Norse Mythology when they are not culturally or ethnically Germanic.
>>
>>69880346
By the way, just out of curiosity, why Vali?
>>
>>69878910

Yeah that 96 Israeli average IQ is a killer among all those dumb Europeans that invented pretty much everything. So masterful those Jews are. They have been the greatest producer of CP in the last what? 100 years maybe 1000's of years. All them Gods chosen kiddo diddlers. The true master race!
>>
>>69880442
There is a distinction.

Kwanza, is entirely made up. They speak an Eastern African language in their rituals, when slaves are West African.

They also use maize, which is an American vegetable, not African.

We have historical evidence, though we will never get everything 100% correct, the important thing is that we honour our ancestors and all they did to ensure our existance.
>>
>>69880429
Maybe.

But either way I nourished my soul instead of being a depressing atheist, and at least it is related to my ethnicity instead of being some desert dwellers cult.
>>
>>69880514
Back to the cuckshed, Sven.
>>
>>69880661
I think part of the reason our image is so bad is that we're so hostile to Christianity. We should stop that. It makes us look immature.
>>
File: Odin.jpg (689 KB, 966x684) Image search: [Google]
Odin.jpg
689 KB, 966x684
>>69880587
God of vengeance.

He killed Hodr. Avenged the wrong he committed, even though he was tricked and mislead. It's the strength I need to obtain to cleanse my country of lefties.
>>
File: 1440610787144.jpg (59 KB, 249x221) Image search: [Google]
1440610787144.jpg
59 KB, 249x221
>>69880514
You sure showed me. I guess I'll just uninstall Internet Explorer now.

It's not my fault you are in denial that Paganism centers itself around sex and women worship which is why its becoming popular again because of degenerate lefties like yourself.
>>
>>69880765
>implying they aren't hostile to us for over a thousand years

>"we should turn the other cheek"

I think not friend. I return what is given to me.
>>
>>69880360
sound like an autistic faggot
>>
>>69876928
>2016
>falling for a (((judeo-christian))) subversion scheme

PRAISE ZEUS
>>
>>69880870
And this is why Pagans never progressed beyond pillaging and sacrificing their best crops and animals to a fire pit, and why Christianity basically built the modern world.
>>
>We want to preserve our race - It makes sense to worship the gods of our blood. The logic is reasonable.

No, it's a non sequitur, you moron.
>>
>>69880514
shouldnt you be sucking the giant phallic nigger dick statue in your backyard?
>>
File: 1438578525763.png (191 KB, 929x937) Image search: [Google]
1438578525763.png
191 KB, 929x937
>>69880870
this post is why we laugh at you, go blood leach on your crops for Freyr
>>
>>69880813
Strange, I'm kind of the opposite in that I worship the god of justice/ mediation who "puts to sleep all quarrels." The son of the god Vali avenged, by the way.

It's weird that our patrons are both younger justice gods that represent opposite but equally important sides of the equation. Vali is retribution, Forseti is mediation.
>>
>>69880596
Iq is probably bimodal in Israel (max=~90 from arabs and middle eastern jews and ~110 for ashkenazi)
>>
File: Deus vult.png (373 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
Deus vult.png
373 KB, 830x974
>>69876928
Neo-pagans are subhumans
>>
>>69879643
>It wasn't until the patriarchal faiths, the Father, entered the picture did we have peace and prosperity.
>peace
Holy lol. Do you have any knowledge of European history from 400AD onwards?
>>
>>69880293
Do the symbols in the tribute mean anything?
>>
>>69880900
I bettered myself anon. I fucked up badly in my past and now I'm on the right path.

Why do you feel the need to lash out? I found my way, you should find yours.

A strong member of the tribe helps his fellow tribesman, he doesn't try keep them down.

Now is a time for unity in the white race, if I remember correctly your God tells you to do the same. Although he is a bit more accepting, which might be why we have less ethnic unity, compared to say Islam or Judaism.
>>
>>69881254
Othal Ansuz Tiwaz

As to their meanings there are lots of interpretations out there. Othal is very connected to kinship and real property, for example. I just got into rune interpretation and I fully expect it to take decades before I reach a half-way decent understanding of it.
>>
>>69880596
Are they really the largest producer of CP?
I mean who wants to watch this shit if all the participants look like rats?
>>
When I see whites trying to "get back to their roots" and shit, especially in America, doing the whole paganism thing...how the fuck is that really any different from the "WE WUZ KANGS AND KWEENS AND SHEEIT!" meme? You're trying to connect to a past that's irrelevant, probably bullshit, and the link is tenuous at best.

But then I look at those people, those faggy larpers and think nothing of value is lost.
>>
>>69881191
They like to gloss over the genocide of native Europeans in places like Britain and Ireland.

St. Patricks was about snakes... honest.
>>
File: Hold the phone.jpg (29 KB, 640x483) Image search: [Google]
Hold the phone.jpg
29 KB, 640x483
>>69876928
There are a number of reasons neopaganism is laughable:
1) Paganism vanished a long time ago and the vast majority of work about paganism was written centuries after their end by Christian scholars, meaning most of the true content of the religion is simply gone, lost forever
2) Many, even most, pagan religions were very, very light on theology and ritual and were more about narrative tales to build a sense of community
3) Many pagan 'religions' have tales that discuss heroes, not gods.
4) A *GIGANTIC* amount of "Paganism" is pure fiction. For example, all we know about Druids is -
Two Romans mentioned they existed. One of these Romans said they had human sacrifice; the other said Mistletoe was important to them
Everything else, *everything* else, is pure conjecture. We don't even have a clear idea if they were like priests or like lawyers! No artifacts, no nothing.
Another example - I met a 'neo-pagan' who "worshipped" Eoster.
Eoster wasn't a goddess, it was a season, like Spring or Summer. One lone writer once *conjectured* that Eoster might have been a pagan goddess. Everything else about 'the goddess Eoster' was INVENTED by Protestants to smear Catholics.
Intellectually, calling yourself 'Pagan' is about on par with calling yourself 'Jedi'.
>>
>>69881619
Jedi and Pagan are both above 'gun lover'
>>
By the way if you want to read sensible defenses of paganism I would definitely recommend some of the stuff by late Roman Hellenes.
>>
>>69880951
>>69880988
At least I'm not forgiving Mohammad and Abdul for the rape and pillage of our native homelands :")
>>
>>69881619
That's a nice essay. And I can assure you Ostara is a tangible goddess.
>>
>>69881560
Don't even have to go that far, just the centuries of bloody wars between slightly different denominations of Christians in Europe is enough to discredit his bullshit.
>>
my dad is a christfag, everytime he gets angry he says it's because of satin and he needs to go to church to give it to jesus. so he watches too much 700 club and d james kennedy. these programs need to be banned since they full of shit. as an atheist i's hard to cope this bs.
>>
>>69881663
Don't you have beets to put on a hamburger somewhere?
>>
Lapse Christian fedora fag here, Asatru seems pretty based.
>>
>>69881778
Wait - you're a Wiccan, right?
>>
>>69881778
Uh huh. Sure.
>>
>>69878755
nah you gay
>>
>>69881619
Catholic Defense force up early today

There is nothing wrong with the fact Catholicism was formed on pure syncreticism
>>
>>69879691
Is his hat photoshopped on?
>>
>>69881990
No.
>>
>>69881986
Asatru is full of leftist degenerates.

Folkish odinism is the true white nationalist religion.
>>
why would you?
pagan religions were a mess before Christendom came in the wake of the roman empire

Why return to the barbarian past?
Does your lack of identity bother you that much?
>>
>>69879379
Exacly, old gods died. ONLY CHAOS IS ETERNAL!
>>
>>69882144
Yeah nah, thats why I like Asatru. Because it's not hijacked by 4th Reich inbred white supremacist bullshit.
>>
>>69882187
PRAISE KHORNE! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
>>
>>69879250
Christianity and Islam are basically the same religion.
>>
>>69879379
>Not creating your own gods and accepting all the others as "valid".
Animism or memetic pantheism is the way to go. Go dank or go home.
>>
>>69882049
It actually wasn't - most of what people 'know' about Catholics 'really being pagan' was invented by Protestants within the last century or two.
>"Christmas is based on [fill in some festival that wasn't actually on the 25th from a culture with no interaction with the Classical Levant]!'
No, Christmas was purposefully placed on the date because of where Easter is on the calendar, something that is well documented and with a clear explanation.
>"Easter is really a pagan festival about a Germanic Goddess!"
No, there was no 'goddess eoster', and only English-speaking Catholics call the Paschal feast 'Easter' because of the old seasonal name.
etc.
Next you'll claim Wicca is "old"!
>>
people ITT:
>but pagans are just LARPING

aren't you christians just larping as a dark ages sandnigger sun cult? white men come home
>>
>>69882267
Tractors and Motorbikes are basically the same vehicle
>>
>>69879643
Entirely wrong
>>
>>69879802
This argument can be used for every fucking religion. It literally makes no difference on what the myth says your god did/did not do.
>>
>>69882126
Then why are you using the 'made up by girls with blue hair' word Ostara?
>>
>>69881619
>calling yourself 'Pagan' is about on par with calling yourself 'Jedi'.
Akchually
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/
>>
File: joulupukki.jpg (205 KB, 960x667) Image search: [Google]
joulupukki.jpg
205 KB, 960x667
Face it pagan culture is barbarian subuman culture like islam
It's mystic and fascinating but you can't possibly take it seriously
>>
>>69882164
Why do you assume we want to go back to pre-science?

Odinism is about connecting with your ancestors and your true ethnic heritage.

Look, you may be comfortable with it, but I don't feel comfortable praying to a semite. I also understand that man needs spirituality otherwise the soul withers.

I therefore choose to worship the pre-Christian Gods. I don't want us to start raiding in longboats and swinging swords about.
>>
>>69880361
Awwww :3
but thats not kotek
>>
>>69882332
Yes, it was placed 9 months after Easter - which WAS a fucking pagan holiday. Your refutations of fact is typical of a Catholic, go back to putting scientists under house arrest.
>>
>>69882209
That's fine. Have fun in your safe space prayer cirlce, make sure you bring at least 1 non-white and a woman to watch them fuck ritualistically.

Asatru is tolerant after al
>>
>>69880429
Correlation does not imply causation. Is pretty much what you are going for there. Which happens every time someone thinks they have received a gift from gods etc.
>>
File: 1410447983053.png (98 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
1410447983053.png
98 KB, 1270x1136
>>69879691
this
>>
>>69876928
I don't think pagans gave a fuck about race at all. Racism is a modern concept.
>>
>>69880865
Sex yes. Women worship no. Sex is good, the betaness inherent in the abrahamic religions in trying to make sex into something "icky" is pathetic. I'm not a pagan, but paganism valued the heroic to which women naturally flock - Judaism/Christianity/Islam value meekness and submission, hence feel the need to control women and their sex drive because they have no natural sense of male power or virility. Paganism don't fear women, that doesn't mean it worshiped them.
>>
>>69882337
Remember it doesn't count when its YOUR god. Only someone elses.
>>
>>69882426
>I don't want us to start raiding in longboats and swinging swords about.
That sounds like fun though.
>>
>>69876928
How about you accept that there is no God and that race doesn't even exist? Race is a social construct and there is no evidence of any sort of God existing.

Instead of wasting time worshiping Gods and white people, how about we invent new technology?
>>
>>69882426
you're putting race before religion when you say 'i wont worship a jew'

you wont worship the supposed son of god on earth because hes a jew? never mind the other teachings, the rich history and the extremely large community

is that really the only reason you picked an old and frankly defunct religion?

sounds like you're just a contrarian special snowflake lad
>>
>>69882344
Both are reformations of Judaism for the goym. Both are middle eastern religions. Worship the exact same God. Same roots. Same prophets. Same underlying philosophy.
>>
>>69882845
We have pests...you cannot in to space with roaches, kikes, niggers.
>>
>>69880514
Theres a rule that symbolizes the vag, not everyone loves cock as much as you sven.
>>
File: funnystupid.jpg (81 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
funnystupid.jpg
81 KB, 400x300
>>69882490
>Pascha is based on Hebrew law and the Hebrew lunar calendar
>When it is introduced to English-speaking nations they call it 'Easter, which means 'Springtime' in Saxon
>Morons like you think ancient German festivals influenced classical Levantine scholars
>>
>>69881544
Well there would be nothing wrong with African Americans getting in touch with their west African roots. But the fact thy think they were Egyptians is laughable.
>>
>>69882971
I will never worship a Semite. They are the enemy of mankind and all that is good and decent in the world.

You're a kiwi. You haven't had to grow up around them. Arabs and kikes, bot Semites are truly the worst races of man.

If the son of the "True God" was a Semite, I wan't nothing to do with that religion.

I would also have you study your history, especially events pst 400AD.

Look at Islam today and Christianity then, extremely similar, nevermind the evidence of Jewish influence in the Roman court at the fall of ROme.

In 1600 years, there may very well be people trying to revive Christianity and Islamists will be mocking them for trying to revive a dead religion. One which they killed.
>>
>>69883159
>.you cannot in to space with roaches, kikes, niggers
But there aren't any in your country and you still can't into space. Sounds like an excuse to me.
>>
>>69882722
>All pagans were the same
there are hundreds of old religions we call "pagans", many of them never met people of other races so ofcourse they weren't racist

If you are only refering to norse paganism, they never had an immigration problem, quite often they were the immigration problem
>>
>>69882337
It's all LARPing.

That said, there is a difference between "being a pagan" and seeing the value in paganism.
>>
>>69882845
>race doesn't exist
>Europeans don't exist
>Africans don't exist

Lol
>>
>>69882304
kek
>>
>>69883440
what would make jesus unworthy of worship for you personally?

putting aside the fact that hes a dirty semite whatever

im agnostic by the way im just interested in your response
>>
>>69883440
>ignoring the part where early christians were persecuted for sport while even early muslims were bloodthirsty savages that murdered, raped or enslaved everyone they came across.
*tips*
>>
>>69883938
He preached meekness, forgiveness and equality.

He was pretty much the original Marxist.
>>
>>69884100
The kikes have always been persecuted and for good reason
>>
>>69884143
i guess it wasnt that interesting
well im off to bed ta ta bong man
>>
Because today "paganism" usually means Norse or Wicca bullshit.
>>
Neo-pagans have no ideas how the gods were worshipped at the time. It'd be better for them to start their own mythos and hope that it catches on with good marketing.
>>
>>69876928

the crisis of Christianity is related to the surge of turbo-capitalism and the more and more increasing role of science

you cannot prove the existence of God by an experiment and religion (no sins, no fapping, no meat Friday, no nasty tricks on your neighbour) make you less productive in a liberal world

In fact Satanism, i.e. egoism on steroids is the way to go in a liberal world (they say there is no "society" like Thatcher said). The more arrogant, egoistic, selfish, self-centered you are the more you win.

Paganism is laughable since it is also not scientific and replaces reasonable catholic cult with dancing naked inawoods or making sacrifices etc. It a step backwards. If Christianity is passé then paganism is tenfold.
>>
I openly laugh and shake my head when I see people wearing a mjolnir. You may as well be worshipping Thor from the marvel comic books based on how little we know about the ancient Norse faith.
>>
File: 1374298619878.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1374298619878.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>>69880813
>>69880993
What the fuck are you anglos doing with Norse Gods? Go back to Christ Autocucktor or Wodanaz, REEEEE!
>>
>>69876928
>the God's of our blood
You mean the ones based off of proto info European religions?
>>
File: tumblr_mco3odwWnc1rwq85xo1_500.gif (924 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mco3odwWnc1rwq85xo1_500.gif
924 KB, 500x281
>>69882971
>supposed messiah
exactly.
>the other teachings
Bible is a crossover of pagan myths mixed with fanfiction where the bestest god ever is always their original character. Also it teaches Slavery, genocide and other barbaric shit until it gets BTFO. Then it starts preaching unconditional peace and love. As a philosophy of life it's cuck-tier.

>and the extremely large community
Scientology also has a large community.
> defunct religion
Doesn't really matter as long as the info is still there and you do your homework. But you must like /his/ and trying to interpret some truth in bullshit texts. If you like 4chan or postmodernism you're the right guy.

Best thing one can do is choose a spiritual path you can practice and don't take religions too seriously. It's not like we can understand the original intention of the author anymore, but improving ourselves and trying to understand our environment seems like a good idea.

tl;dr Immunity cat is the stronkest.
>>
>>69884428
Well paganism isn't doctrinal so it can easily be adjusted within a scientific worldview, much like Buddhism or Taoism. Christianity however you are supposed to literally believe some book verbatim so sits pretty uncomfortably with science.
>>
>>69883038
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/jesus-muhammad.aspx
>>
>>69884590
Christianiy is mostly based on platonism rather than on judaism and torah (bible).
>>
>>69884714
You're not supposed to believe everything verbatim,actually

The discoverer of the big bang theory was religious
>>
Paganism isn't a uniting force. Europe (the West as a whole, really) need to be united. By turning to Paganism you are saying that you want to turn against your brother. Besides, it was not pagans that made the Jews cower in fear. It was strong Christian nations.
>>
>>69879814
All religions are matriarchal, men are the guards.
>>
>>69884428
Here's a question then: Who's to say that shit like "dancing naked inawoods" isn't part of our character?

I mean, we all huddle around the fire like savages, and enjoy it. Our biology literally can't handle raw meat; To the liberal, out-sourcing food production should be seen as desirable because it reduces the labor you have to do... yet we still take part in forms of rest, interaction, and feasting like the ancient Greeks did.

There's value in ritual and culture, as long as we don't completely fetishize it or go insane and start cutting people open in sacrifice. The liberal world sees culture as a disposable commodity, and this is making people go insane. Culture and tradition are in our blood, because most of the time they include things that help us survive or are good for us. Getting rid of it hurts us. The last 100 years in a nutshell.
>>
>>69876928
Lots of people here actually believed that paganism mean the trend norse mythology.
Many thinks thor is a marvel character.

>>69877293
Wicca/some neo druidic (not all)/basically every groups who are universalist.
>>
>>69882737
Most successful societies are based on promoting beta behavior. Societies in which everybody wants to be alpha are unstable shit.
>>
>>69884714

Yeah, but would you seriously pray to the god of thunders? If you reject supernatural you must admit it is only role playing. You can role play Christianity as well, for that reason.

Also, where are books on philosophy of paganism? Has it contributed to science and arts like Christianity? Nope.

You could go back to Zeus, Hera, Athena etc. but that would be ridiculous. You could equally worship big butt of Kim Kardashian.

You can do paganism for fun and for social reasons (meet those nice girls outside and do something with them) but that is all.
>>
>>69884890
And Plato copied from other Middle Eastern thinkers, but those weren't the original authors either. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of truth in Christianity but it's confusing as hell since the main points have been lost in translations and edits to make it more "commercal". Protestants may have it better, though.

Also, instead of perfecting the old philosophies, in many cases they dumbed it down for plebs. I think it's better to start thinking it all again from scratch and see where it leads.
>>
At least Christians genuinely believe that their God exists. Pagans are just LARPing

Fuck off retards. if you don't believe in the gods then don't claim paganism
>>
>>69885085
Everything else is a compromise.
>>
>>69879466
>They include things like chakras and wiccan practice, saying mantras like "There is no room for racism in Ásatru" and shit, praise faggot marriage.
>It's been maimed and ruined as a proper revival effort and turned into a fashion trend of the left.
>That is why it is mocked.
>And I hate that, as a Folkish Odinist.

Asatru Folk Assembly is what you're looking for.

You know you'e doing something right when the universalist groups call your group racist.
>>
>>69879731
Why did he became a french citizen and changed his name?
>>
>>69885201

Of course it is. Also chanting, receiving blessing, believing in some hidden order or some benevolent force. Possibly working outside, replaced by hiking, biking and all sort of activities but this time meaningless.

I also blame liberalism. It forcefully reduces everything to a commodity, also your time and make you a literal slave to: works, shop, fuck, sleep, then repeat with bigger insensitivity circle.

It is so obvious it couldn't go forever so it makes me think it wasn't a "omission" or "mistake" but it was made on purpose. Unfortunately, it produced weak male addicted to digital content.

Internet can be seen as religion to. Hive mind, common consciousness etc. But even in Christianity they do not want everyone to literally sit the whole day in a church and pray. It was intended only to be an important addition.
>>
>>69884440
>What the fuck are you anglos doing with Norse Gods?
>implying the Anglos didn't have the same gods as the Norse.

Wotan was our God faggot.
>>
>>69885273
I'm not a pagan, I wouldn't and k agree it's stupid. As for philosophy regarding paganism checkout any traditionalist thinkers, there is more to it than faggy LARPers pretending to be Thor or whatever, not that that doesn't exist.

>>69885414
/pol/ Christians don't
>>
>>69885660
Because the french countryside is pretty comfy and he met a redpilled french chick
the name change was to avoid persecution by the massive faggots french socialists are
>>
>>69885660
I think his wife is french
>>
>>69876928
because you dont really beleive in odin and ice giants. you are just roleplaying, if anything you are disrespecting your ancestors who literally had this as their religion not as picking traits for their rpg character
>>
Liberalism removed piety and sacrum. And also shame to some extent.

If having sex with a human can be replaced by sex with robot then why not do it just by hand. Isn't your penis just pleasure-giver. Free, unlimited, unrestricted. Do it the whole day. It is so rewarding. Why it should be forbidden? Can you prove some supernatural force other than biology and law of physics forbid me to fap to death?

I would literally exorcise liberalism to see some kind of spirituality coming back to an actual society. Yeah I do not need all those material things. They are nice but not necessary.
>>
Some of the old germanic beliefs did not even relate to gods, you can follow the old traditions without ever believing into a god.
>>
>>69882383
The difference being you're born within a religion and naturally accustom to its traditions while on the other you are basically injecting yourself somewhere in a mechanical fashion "to be truthful to your roots".
It's dishonest to "believe" stuff for this reason, in fact you're basically insulting your ancestors by pretending. It doesn't work like that.
Now if you worship some Pantheon because of its archetypes that's ok but don't go around pretending to believe tales that are clearly allegorical in nature just to fit in.
>>
Most of the old germanic traditions got just integrated into christianity.

like christmas being in winter at the time of Julfest, pentecostal and easter celebrations and even thanksgiving.
>>
File: 56f45f2b150000ad000b325f.jpg (69 KB, 630x458) Image search: [Google]
56f45f2b150000ad000b325f.jpg
69 KB, 630x458
Kings forced Christcuckinsanity onto their serfs.
The religion tells followers that God places rulers in place for his plans so you must follow the rulers God puts into place.
It tells them, you must pay your taxes to your Ceaser!
It weakens the individual by idiotic doctrines like turn the other cheek, love your enemies.
Kings loves it because it created Divine Right to rule and made the people enjoy being their slaves.
The centuries of Christcuckinsanity destroyed the warrior spirit and supplanted it with a weak pathetic cuck ideology. This gives us the Pope, the Orthodox Church that marched with MLK, and the fucked up Protestant groups.
>>
>>69887098
>The religion tells followers that God places rulers in place for his plans so you must follow the rulers God puts into place.
source?
>>
>>69887135

Romans 13

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
>>
>>69887098
>remove filthy pagans
>remove saracen
>remove heretics
pathetic cuck ideology indeed
>>
>>69887098

And today you worship money which also convenient for your rulers.
>>
>>69887135

Romans 13 is about Submission to Governing Authorities

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+13&version=NIV
>>
>>69887446

You know who I am and what I worship? Typical Christian idiot.
>>
>>69876928
>More than 1500years of European christianity
>Le thor is le european g-d maymay Xd
>>
>>69887452
>>69887359
Acts 5:29
But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men."

countered
>>
File: El-Cid-Campeador-Burgos.-Josu.jpg (822 KB, 1200x1085) Image search: [Google]
El-Cid-Campeador-Burgos.-Josu.jpg
822 KB, 1200x1085
>>69887098
>the warrior culture meme
Our average pagan forebears were meek, weak and they lived in fear of their lords and of other tribes. Most were farmers and people who struggled to get by and surrendered to bandits and looters without a fight. they were cucks just like today with
>>
>>69887605

I'm not going to play this Christian game of using verses out of context.
>>
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 715x590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 715x590
>>69887098
>The centuries of Christcuckinsanity destroyed the warrior spirit and supplanted it with a weak pathetic cuck ideology
Yeah, just hope another northern crusade isn't called anytime soon. Then you'll see how alive the warrior spirit in the catholic church really is.
>>
File: 56f45f2b150000ad000b325f.jpg (95 KB, 630x458) Image search: [Google]
56f45f2b150000ad000b325f.jpg
95 KB, 630x458
>>69887919

We will not have to worry about that. Crusading has been over for a long fucking time idiot and it's never returning.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 700x1016) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 700x1016
>>69887978
>Crusading has been over for a long fucking time idiot and it's never returning.
The same could be said of paganism. Yet you seem content ignoring reality, so I think I'll do the same
>>
File: isen torr.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
isen torr.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
Daily reminder that almost all NORSE PAGANS are cucks.

Any leftist who wants to be unique chooses wicca or norse paganism, because they're most popular, and viking is a cool trendy buzzword nowadays.
Anglo Saxon Pagans or Slavic Pagans or Roman Pagans are redpilled, Folkish (don't allow nonwhites into their religion) and aren't leftist faggots.

And then the liberal norse pagans get mad when I call their "Odin" Woden, or their "Thor", Thunor, because they don't know about the regional differences between the Gods.
>>
File: ThorsHammer.jpg (126 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ThorsHammer.jpg
126 KB, 720x960
>>69888190

Germanic Heathenism never died, we are alive and strong.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1305x893) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1305x893
>>69888438
>this is what heretics actually believe
>>
>>69887506

Did not intend to offend you. Just idiot agnostic at best.

And there is literally nothing wrong in worshipping money. All do to some extent. But then you are easily manipulated by simple means and life can be really dull. And your new toy will always bring a disenchantment after some time.

Today Christianity is also weak, very weak. I am not sure if Francis REALLY believes in God Almighty.

In the fall of communism economy was more important than mere religion. Religion was just a tool helpful in removing communists. After it was used it become obsolete and now is abandoned. But maybe...
>>
>>69888438
>flag
>germanic

WE
>>
>>69888677
WUZ
>>
File: sweden_simulator.jpg (166 KB, 674x992) Image search: [Google]
sweden_simulator.jpg
166 KB, 674x992
>>
>pagan
le ebin neo-pagan whites just trying to find meaning in a dead, anti-science belief system. It would be as if Achmed went back to worshipping Ba'al or Inanna.
>>
>>69876928
because only tattooed drug addicts are pagans. It's complete degeneracy and new age bullshit.
>>
>>69888621
>>69888677
>>69888719
>>69888782
>>69888873

Welcome Antifa!
>>
>1) Paganism vanished a long time ago and the vast majority of work about paganism was written centuries after their end by Christian scholars, meaning most of the true content of the religion is simply gone, lost forever
You're full of shit.
What is the Illiad, Odyssey, Theogeny, etc.
Fuck off Christfag shill.
>>
So what are the distinction between the different variations of paganism like Celtic, Germanic, Slav etc? Do you just decide that since you're ancestors were blank you are now celtic pagan?
>>
>>69882383
>This argument can be used for every fucking religion.
No, christians and muslims actually believe in their religion.

>>69882426
>Why do you assume we want to go back to pre-science?
Because pagans literally believe in nonsense like thunder is made by some guy riding flying goats.
If they don't believe that then they are not proper pagans, then it's just adopting something they themselves think is too rediculous to belive in and pretend.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 450x300
>>69888979
Oh you want to turn it into a political fight?
Well then bootlicker, get ready to be BTFO
>>
File: Þingblót.jpg (719 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Þingblót.jpg
719 KB, 2048x1536
Our LARP triggers Christians
>>
>>69888719
ARYANS
>>
>>69889707
Mostly it makes us laugh when you dress up as Skyrim NPC and try to pass it as legitimate religion
>>
File: 1451165902574.png (108 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
1451165902574.png
108 KB, 1270x1136
>>69876928
its not "returning" to paganism, you have literally no relationship to it, it died out a thousand years ago.
>>
>>69876928

because religion has less to do with race than culture.

pagan culture was just as barbaric as indians in america.

europe didn't become civilized until it adopted Christianity.
>>
Our being superior is earned, not god-given
>>
>>69886916
Exactly.
>>
File: 1458553369480.jpg (54 KB, 933x600) Image search: [Google]
1458553369480.jpg
54 KB, 933x600
>>69889946
literally every Christian festival is just a re-naming of a Pagan festival
paganism lives on in Christianity
look it up, Jew worshiper
>>
>>69883038

>pagans are literally this simple minded

go back to your grass huts, raping and pillaging, 'aryan master of the universe'
>>
File: frmoses.jpg (86 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
frmoses.jpg
86 KB, 426x640
I took my wife's son to an Orthodox Church and this is what I got.
>>
>>69889946
>no relationship to it
>all festivals are pagan cuck-masked as "christian" holidays
t. Abraham
>>
>>69879786

>loves a picture of some nascar driver worshipping a shitty shotgun

typical crimislander
>>
>>69890337
newfag
>>
File: 1388831328263.gif (649 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
1388831328263.gif
649 KB, 263x396
>>69890216
>>69890294
>let me return to a DEAD religion that hasnt been practiced for 1000 years because some christian holidays originate from it.
Oh wow, its almost like religions are affected by each other and evolve.
Guess what, shit in Christianity originates from Judaism and Zoroastrianism too, should we return to that as well?
Go do some gay pagan shit with your LARP friends.
>>
>>69890497

>spain just got internet last month
>calls an old timer new

ok beaner
>>
>>69890610
No man, you really are a newfag.
>>
For me personally its all mythology. Just gotta decide what mythology both interests you more and is more important to your nation.

Your own mythology and folktales (in my case gaelic) or Hebrew mythology and folktales?

I definitely think there should be a rivival of interest in European native religions.

Of course the Christards here will eagarly defend worshiping another peoples (the Hebrews) myth and legend (at the same time they call for mass extermination of Jews?) because it makes them feel less guilty about fapping to the most degenerate material.
>>
File: 1455818653391.jpg (55 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455818653391.jpg
55 KB, 480x480
>>69890529
nice logical fallacy
you first stated that "we have no relation to paganism"
and when we provide the claim that paganism is preserved in christianity, then you turn around and say this
you officially lost the argument
convert to a non-Jew religion too, danskejævel
>>
>>69882415
>taking any religion seriously

norse mythology is just a cooler story than some jew getting fucked in the ass in the desert
>>
File: newfag.jpg (70 KB, 606x926) Image search: [Google]
newfag.jpg
70 KB, 606x926
>>69890610
no need to get defensive, we have better internet than most of america
>>
>>69876928
Paganism is shit-tier, sadly. Panentheism and monotheism are the most logical options.

Pagans left paganism because it was shitty then, and it's just as shitty now but has some magic crystals and shit.

Not to mention, most pagans are a little mentally unstable.

>>69891152
>being an atheist
>>>/r/atheism
>>
>>69891304
>being a faggot
>>>/r/faggots
>>
>>69890741

Good post anon.
>>
>>69891304

You need to learn what Pagan means first, idiot.
>>
>>69891395
>being 14
>>>/g/
>>>/e/
>>>/t/
>>>/o/
>>>/u/
>>>/t/
>>
File: 1459679098634.png (97 KB, 362x492) Image search: [Google]
1459679098634.png
97 KB, 362x492
>>69890997
>LARPing this hard
>>
>>69891454
I know what it means, faggot.
>>
>>69890741
exactly. i don't understand how you can hate jews and praise a glorified jew at the same time.
>>
File: 1365041028742.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1365041028742.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>69891468
>>69891304
>>
>>69891507
>I know what it means, faggot.

So which one are you then, Jewish, Christian, or Islamic?
>>
File: 1431236221310.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1431236221310.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
>>69890997
You have no proper relation to paganism since it died 1000 years ago, sure you can grasp at straws and say that a few holidays originating from it is a relation, but it isnt a relation that justifies reviving a 1000 year old religion because you and your LARP buddies find it cool and edgy.
Do you seriously think that MUH HERITAGE and a few holidays is a reason to revive a religion that died 1000 years ago?
Nice one trying to discard my argument completely with semantics.
>>
>>69876928
Because you don't have any faith and don't know how to practice it inside. You don't know the mindset. You're just cuck Christians cosplaying Tolkiens characters. The ultimate Fedoras.
>>
File: 2d5du40.jpg (74 KB, 501x502) Image search: [Google]
2d5du40.jpg
74 KB, 501x502
>>69891846
that flag
>>
>>69890997
It's really shameful that in Finnish midsummer is called "Juhannus", a variation of St John.

A lot of things were renamed like this, like Perkele into the devil in the Bible's translation for Satan. Groves which were sacred places to pagan Finns were turned into places where if a child was born there they were bastards. So, a lehtolapsi "grove child" means a bastard, because pagan children were not baptized. They did not like people outside their system and had to demonize them.
>>
because christians just pray and shit to their God to please him
pagans have to make blood sacrifices and shit to make their petty gods happy and not to anger them
>>
First of all there is no such thing as dogma or cannon in paganism.

There is no binding whatsoever that requires you to adhere strictly that what is said or done.

And this is the beauty of paganism. It is not a religious institution, it is the original state of europe.

A casual stroll through classical and roman texts and you'll find plenty of agnosticism and atheism.

That said what allot of people think is paganism today, is not. It is in fact New Age or neopagan. Neopagan is basically reconstructed paganism under amoral framework of modern western values (not a bad thing).

New Age is the real cancer, it is pure navel gazing mixed in with frankenstein type of spiritual/magical beliefs. it is essentially a freemason/occultist creation meant to undermine western europe.

>Short version:

>Paganism= Free to believe whatever. Tied to ethnicity and culture.

>Neo apganism= Same but with some added reconstructed elements and modern day morals and ethics.

>New Age = Absolute FAGGOTRY. Not restricted to a specific religion, just general cancer.
>>
>>69892062
so? I was researching Northern Mythology when your father still fed you his dick for breakfast, ahmed.
>>
>>69876928
I cannot convince someone to believe in Jesus Christ. Most pagans are atheists, so if they want to find God it os in their hands.
>>
File: lagertha.png (926 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
lagertha.png
926 KB, 500x749
>>69886916

>It's okay for people to have retarded beliefs as long as their mommy and daddy were the ones to inculcate them.

At least neo-pagans choose their retarded beliefs.
>>
>>69893113
>pic from shitty non historic tv series
LARP-tier
>>
>>69893180

Vikings season 4 has gone to complete shit.

Has an Asian, drug use, rampant cuckoldry.
>>
>>69891831
> sure you can grasp at straws and say that a few holidays originating from it is a relation
every single one
go through your calendar, look up the christian holidays
they are all placed on days with pagan significance, even if the names are changed
in Norway we celebrate Sankt Hans (St. John the Baptist), but in Sweden they still call it midsommarfest (mid summer feast) a pagan holiday
just like churches were places on ancient groves and holy sites

>but it isnt a relation that justifies reviving a 1000 year old religion because you and your LARP buddies find it cool and edg
why not? why not revive the original true meaning of the holidays?
why not celebrate Yule/Christmas as a mid winter holiday when the winter is at its darkest, rather than a Jewish Palestinian's birthday
>>
>>69891831

Accusing someone of semantic play while incurring massive strawman.

Yeah good on you.
>>
>>69893113
We are a culture, not a costume
>>
File: 1455388242060.jpg (39 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1455388242060.jpg
39 KB, 492x388
>>69893180

I just like the picture faggot.

Sorry I'm not up on your hipster show reviews.
>>
I don't think I've seen anything as dumb on this board as non Scandinavians pretending to be Odinists.
>>
>>69892407
>petty gods
Have you actually read the bible? Jahwe is petty as fuck.
>>
>>69893113
>proud to be a buffoon who chose his belief (lol) over someone who is just being part of his culture and heritage
You're too dumb to argue, lurk more.
>>
>>69895232
>I don't think I've seen anything as dumb on this board as non Scandinavians pretending to be Odinists.

>implying Odin wasn't a Germanic god.

Canadians are the worst posters because they are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>69895617
>implying Odin wasn't a proto indo european god
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion
>>
>>69895812

>Being a pedantic a-hole for the sake of saying something in return.
>>
>>69895812

Like I said, you're a fucking idiot like almost every Canadian.

>Many of the Germanic deities appeared under similar names across the Germanic peoples, most notably the god known to the Germans as Wodan or Wotan, to the Anglo-Saxons as Wōden, and to the Norse as Odin, as well as the god Thor – known to the Germans as Donar, to the Anglo-Saxons as Þunor and to the Norse as Þórr.
>>
>>69883038
Fundamentally there are similarities. But in practice no. Islam holds Jesus (Isa) to a high standard, but none of the radicals give a shit about him. Islam also rejects the Holy Trinity so...

>>69887098
For the most part the Populace converted first and then their liege followed because he didn't want to get overthrown. Christianity put their King below God, as all all below His holiness. Paganism still had a hierarchy but most of it was seen in a tribal manner where power ruled.
>>
>>69888873
>anti-scientific

It really isn't, Christianity is far more anti-scientific and LARPy (on /pol/) too desu.
>>
File: IE_expansion.png (151 KB, 450x275) Image search: [Google]
IE_expansion.png
151 KB, 450x275
>>69896287
Using ad homs doesn't make your argument valid. Proto indo european isn't Germanic
>>
>>69896941

>using a linguistic term having to do with language to describe religion

Never stop posting retard.
>>
File: AdHominem.jpg (278 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
AdHominem.jpg
278 KB, 640x640
>>69897067
More ad homs.I guess you didn't read the link. The gods of those religions were all very similar and weren't of Germanic origin.
>inb4 a fucking leaf
>inb4 you're a retard
Try to come up with something better.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.