[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything more degenerate than video games? >damages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18
File: 91.jpg (148 KB, 640x618) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
148 KB, 640x618
Is there anything more degenerate than video games?

>damages your brain
>induces adhd and autism
>creates beta manchildren
>sjw-ridden industry / community
>cancerous marketing (pay2win, dlc, pre-order scams)
>worst memes "lol the cake is a lie"
>literally the biggest source of hipster welfare for faggots on youtube / twitch
>>
Up for a match of Starcraft?
>>
File: efs.gif (1 MB, 320x173) Image search: [Google]
efs.gif
1 MB, 320x173
>>69872829
>>
>>69872829

> korean starcraft meme lol so funni

only people who play starcraft here are unemployed high school dropouts

its like wwe for america

only retards like it
>>
>worst memes
Yeah, games do tend to have the most unfunny and forced memes.
>>
>>69873036
Nope, take the L on this one Kim
>>
>>69872761
I'd say it's not much better than smoking weed. Everyone has their vices, but we should try to minimize them.
>>
Boxer is a God over there. Esports is nothing like WWE, it's more like a combination of Basketball and Go.
>>
>>69872761
Imagine if all /pol/ never touched a vidya in his life ?
Basically the 3rd Reich reincarnated.
>>
File: 18687586443.png (224 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
18687586443.png
224 KB, 358x310
>>69873288

>e-"sports"
>>
>>69873505
Name all the band members of SNSD.
>>
>>69872761
shitposting on this board
>>
>>69872761
>Hipster welfare
You just coined my new favorite phrase
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 190x163) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 190x163
>>69873505
I love Korea. I'm Korean myself. But you can't be talking shit about degenerates when your birth rate is dropping quickly and your only hope of getting laid is a fucking hooker

Look in the mirror, my hanguk brother. You are a degenerate too
>>
>>69873288
>e-sports
Watching paint dry is more exciting.
>>
Anime comes close but other than that no.

My main group of friends play lol but they're turned out fine except for one of them who fits the description you posted. Even though he's keen to improving.

Though most gamers are like this fag here or worse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaEJDXX_bqQ

And from experience in high school, gamers were way douchier than jocks
>>
>>69872761
ching chong :>

op is just gayly mad all the cool kids hang out at the PC bars and he can't even zerg
>>
It's an addiction and needs to be addressed seriously.

I broke my addiction after being kicked out of home at 22. I was a NEET since I left school.

Clocked over 400 days on RuneScape, 200 on CS:Source etc.

I am a wage slave now but I own my own apartment, I lift and feel better than ever. I play the occasional WarCraft 3 game here and there as I still love that game.
>>
>>69874687
fuck off and screw your torontonian mongrel chink wife
>>
>>69874770
Lol as if I would live in shitty Toronto. Say hello to Kim Jong next time he nukes your ass in LoL faggo
>>
Agreed. I have fallen for this myself and only recently have realized how bad video games are. The thing is, im so far down that there is a giant hole in my brain that needs to be filled. I can't even study because it is so mind numinbly boring after years and years of just gaming. This demon is slowly sapping my life away and i dont know what to do. Should i just fuck the demon in the ass and continue to fight?
>>
>>69872761
Yes, your bullshit
>Korea national sport is a vid game
>Korea=Degenarate
Said by Korean.
>>
>>69874899
he's just mad he can't get that esports pussy

he masturbates to faker
>>
>>69872761
Not really, I'm addicted to 4chan, but I've always managed to be moderate with vidya
>>
>>69874834
Do it the hard way or pop some ADHD meds for a few months to forget about it.
>>
>>69872761
>damages your brain
This is medically false. Video games are actually a very good way to prevent (or lessen the effects if you're doomed by genetic marker) neuro-degenerative conditions like Alzheimer's. Unlike sitting in front of a TV and vegitating, games stimulate brain activity. The only medical drawbacks to games are eye-strain, which everyone is fucked by today anyway because of computers in the workplace and smartphones.
>>
>>69876450
and mcdouble cheese burger prevents cardiovascular disease too i bet
>>
>>69875112
>addicted to 4chin
pls
>>
File: CbSjOWe[1].jpg (354 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
CbSjOWe[1].jpg
354 KB, 1680x1050
Are creative games like Simcity 4 degenerate /pol/?

I've probably sunk over 2000 hours into SC4 but I justify it because I have some sort of end result to look back on and appreciate.

Surely that's a magnitude higher than the people who play Call of Duty or Dota 2 for 8 hours a day, right?
>>
>>69877043
It's well accepted that mind games like crossword puzzles and such deter and prevent Alzheimer's. Videogames stimulate brain activity just like that, studies back this.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.icdvrat.org/2008/papers/ICDVRAT2008_S05_N03_Torres.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj5icXs4fTLAhVM2R4KHaUXCSg4ChAWCCMwBw&usg=AFQjCNE_r9_pfMqa24-Pn2Zc-I1Hxjj1gA
>>
>>69872761
Video games themselves are no more degenerate than any other hobby, it's just that in recent years the industry that makes them and large portions of its audience have become more and more degenerate.
>>
>>69877415
Post screens of your 2000 hours work
>>
is eu4 and ck2 degenerate, /pol/?
>>
Video game is on the path of becoming the ultime form of art.
In a few decades /pol/ discussions will take place in a virtual world similar to the one of The Witcher 3, or Dark Souls
We shall discuss politics dressed as vikings or knights, and then slay some virtual niggers in magnificient castles.
>>
>>69872761

If i could go back to my child hood and destroy every games console I ever had I would.
>>
File: Don't waste your life.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Don't waste your life.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
I wasted years playing video games, wish I could get them back.
>>
>>69872761
>Is there anything more degenerate than video games?

going to the school the jew, graduate to a jew, and finding a job for the jew.
>>
File: johan.png (117 KB, 630x310) Image search: [Google]
johan.png
117 KB, 630x310
>>69877998
Please purchase all the Downloadable Content for Europa Universalisâ„¢ IV and Crusader Kingsâ„¢ II
>>
>>69874549
seriously I'd hang myself the next if my cuck dad would do that.

he'll know true hell then.
>>
File: johan2.png (125 KB, 627x223) Image search: [Google]
johan2.png
125 KB, 627x223
>>69878512
>>
Gaming used to have something that actual nerds didbso it cultivated creativity, a desire to learn things, yada yada. Ya know, actually nerdy stuff like math, programming, etc. ( No idea why, this was just how things used to be) so it seemed as is gaming was a good thing as it was supported by people who were into that sort of stuff (again, not sure why exactly but it was the case at the time).

Now gaming is its own new horrible "nerd" culture (nerd/geek by its weird new definition that somehow means "enjoying pop culture") and I have no idea what happened and yes it is the worst.
>>
File: 1459764973751[1].jpg (226 KB, 1139x898) Image search: [Google]
1459764973751[1].jpg
226 KB, 1139x898
>>69872761
Citation Needed: The Post.
>>
>>69874834
>I can't even study because it is so mind numinbly boring after years and years of just gaming.

because it is. school is made by jews. when you graduate to jews, you'll find a wageslave job for the jew.

parents should stop buying to the "education is for future" meme jew.
>>
>>69878718
the jews man. what else is there?

you wanna enter the jew school? graduate to a jew? and enter the wageslave jew?
>>
>>69872761

Gamer here

>Source on the brain damage claim?

>The developers are SJW not necessarily the players

>Only underage b& falls for the jew marketing schemes

>/v/ is shit so I dunno about the memes

>Twitch and youtube gamers need to be gassed
>>
>>69873036

Fak u marineking. Dont be an angry ass protoss player and lrn2play.

Diamond terran american server. Fucking zerg metagame 2op
>>
>>69878785
what about 4chan?
>>
>>69879759
Who?
>>
>>69878592
>implying this isn't faked for shekels
>>
>>69872761
Street Fighter isn't degenerate, okay?
>>
What the fuck else am I supposed to do?

>stop playing video games
>just browse 4chan for three more hours a day
>>
>>69874834
I replaced gaming bit by bit by picking up the guitar, starting to excersice and keeping my diet in order. I still play Civilization now and then but not like a couple of months a go when all I did on my spare time was gaming.
>>
>>69879849
the hacker
>>
>>69880054
Same here. Cut an hour and a half of my gaming out with working out. I learned to play guitar in middle/high school
>>
>>69878598
>>69878512
still cheaper than Train Simulator and over $1000 of DLC.
>>
>>69879759
>4chan taught me to be A FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>69879979
read a book nigger
>>
>son, stop playing games and give time to studying
>get spanked

thinking back, even my parents are completely bought by the "education is a tool for your future success" jew meme. that I would even be spanked if I don't show any interest in """"studying""".

seriously, study what? what is fucking biology? what are the 4 kinds of biology?

that said, me being a wizard and a manchild is completely their own fault. They made me this way, not that I'm not cucked thanks to the grace of God that I have self-employment. They can't really complain about my position now.
>>
I play auto vidya, it's pretty fun and takes a lot of focus to go fast
>>
>>69880256
I also read.
I would likely become bored with reading if read for the time I usually play video games as well as the time I already read.

Also explain how reading is a better way to spend your time than video games.
>>
>>69880512
>Also explain how reading is a better way to spend your time than video games.
you're serious aren't you
>>
>>69880512
don't read """"educational"""" jew books for starters.

I'm a proud VN reader. h-scenes aside, a good VN will change your view about reading in general.
>>
File: 1459359294823.gif (59 KB, 408x397) Image search: [Google]
1459359294823.gif
59 KB, 408x397
I play videogames 12 hours a day and there is nothing you can do to stop me
>>
File: 1459266451660.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459266451660.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>69872761
>Worst Korea Starcraft player bitching about video games and memes

This is now a mana transfer thread.
>>
>>69872761
>>damages your brain
>>induces adhd and autism
Nice sources
>>
>>69872761
>damages your brain
this is false
>autism
also false
>creates betas
they were born that way
>sjw-ridden
doesn't change anything. GTA V exusts
>marketing
people have to make money
>cake is a lie
literally only alive on the darkest corners of reddit
>faggots on youtube / twitch
can't argue with this, but keep in mind this doesn't just apply to vidya (just look at the kardasians)
>>
>>69880588
Yes, I am serious.

Why is it better for an adult, who does not need to improve his reading/writing skills, to read a book instead of play a video game?
>>
>>69880911
recommendation?

saya no uta. get the fan patch, not the official patch.
>>
>>69872761
Yes, 4chan, and ultimately /pol/.
Don't you have some arguing with Japan to do?
>>
>>69879759
Taught me the world is a dark place filled with horrendous humans, and my life has no meaning
>>
>>69876450
>The only medical drawbacks to games are eye-strain, which everyone is fucked by today anyway because of computers in the workplace and smartphones.
no [cites] for this? ok.
>>
:( Sounds like someone got cannon rushed.
>>
>>69872761

> Building on earlier research from the University of Rochester which showed that playing action video games improves a range of cognitive tasks, this new study examined the connection between action video games and improved learning, and game play’s long-term impact on the brain. Researchers divided study participants into a test group and a control group. Test subjects played first- and third-person video games with fast-paced action, such as Unreal Tournament, while a control group played social games lacking fast-paced action, such as The Sims. After subjects played video games for 50 hours over the course of nine weeks, researchers tested each group’s capacity to learn. At the end of the study, researchers found that the action game players outperformed the non-action game players in the same exercises. The action game players were better able to multi-task, focus and retain information and complete cognitive exercises such as rotating objects in their minds.

http://www.theesa.com/article/study-finds-long-term-cognitive-benefits-action-games/
>>
I love how there's multiple people in this thread trying to downplay their shortcomings. "I still play X now and then." I still stick the occasional needle in my arm, but I'm not a junkie. There's really no "safe" amount of gaming. The hobby is absolute garbage; I've pissed away hours upon hours, and I have nothing to show for it. I can't think of many positives: wish fulfilment, escapism, autism.

Take away the gaming system, and you're just a retard flapping your fingers about while you stare slack jawed at a box, pretending you're someone who isn't real in a place that doesn't exist. tl;dr gamers have imaginary friends.
>>
Posting to 4chan
>>
File: league amalgom.jpg (1 MB, 4096x2538) Image search: [Google]
league amalgom.jpg
1 MB, 4096x2538
>be 30+
>HS Dropout
>no GED
>CC is $10k annually
>work at walmart overnight
>come home
>stream LoL for six hours daily for no d'nations
At least I do my best in my attempts to redpill the 12 year olds that view my stream or play some matches with me.
> The only medical drawbacks to games are eye-strain, which everyone is fucked by today anyway because of computers in the workplace and smartphones
bought some gunnar glasses (the clear ones, not the Ali G yellow tint ones) and I don't get much in terms of eye strain, which is kinda bad because it makes me somewhat less tired which I need to sleep in the afternoon, which can sometimes be a real challenge.
>>
>>69881397
4chan is the same thing
>>
>>69872761
>>
>>69872761
Looks like someone sucks at Starcraft. Truly dishonorable
>>
>>69874712

Noice. I clocked out at 720days after quitting RS early 2014. Account shared with my brother though and atleast we made around 30k usd selling off items
>>
>>69881397
>playing counterstrike is literally the same as injecting heroin

I hate all the autists in the thread who assume everyone has the same psychological issues they do.

Just because you have no self control and can't balance playing a healthy amount of video games along with the rest of your life, doesn't mean everyone else should be limited by your failures. Some of us are capable of maintaining good grades or good work performance, healthy and happy social lives, while we play video games too.
>>
>>69872761
>damages your brain
And playing sports doesn't? Come on dude.
>induces adhd and autism
No.
Not exactly, beta manchildren are attracted to video games, not created by them.
Only within the past 5 years, but it will pass.
Not every game has it, so no.
Nothing is a meme unless the community makes it a meme, that's not the developer's fault UNLESS they add previous memes to their game, then yes it's shit. Half a point.
>literally the biggest source of hipster welfare for faggots on youtube / twitch
I'll give you this one, one point.

So you got 1.5/7 points. Which means you're a queer and a fag.
>>
>>69880054
Civilization stole years from me. I finally got bored of it only a couple of months ago. Now I'm obsessed with World of Warships.
>>
The Internet and 4chan are so much more addicting that they've made me lose the attention span to even want to game.

That's the irony of posting about this here.
>>
I would say enjoying hobbies like anime, manga, comics, video games are fine but using them to define yourself and nerd culture becoming popular the way it has have pretty much ruined them beyond belief.
>>
>>69881726
That's my exact point. There is no healthy amount. You don't need a gaming system to game, and as a thought experiment, removing the system doesn't change the experience: you're still an autist playing pretend regardless of the expensive, electronic props.
>>
>>69880911
Because history. Because learning.

You see, when you read, you learn a thousand and one things. You can apply this to create your very own critical mind.
>>
>>69872761
>damages your brain
[citation needed]
>induces adhd and autism
[citation needed]
Is true but I would still rather have a [citation needed]
Is absolutely true, no need for [citation needed]
Get a job looser.
Hello, the last decade called, they want their dank memes back.
Is true, twitch is cancer.
>>
>>69882040
So all fiction is the same?

Books and board games etc

Reminder that you're basically doing the same thing by being here.
>>
>>69872761

Agreed. Do something useful with your time instead.

inb4 "HURR HURR UR ON /pol/ KETTLE" This is actually a pretty decent place (4chan in general) where you can peruse a myriad of interests and talk to interesting people in a way you'd never be able to otherwise.
>>
>>69881825
This. kek has consumed us
>>
>>69882040
BAD GOY! DON'T PLAY THOSE PESKY VIDEO GAMES! SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>69882185
The Internet provides the illusion of REAL people to talk to which is why it's bascoally comparable to something like Wow on steroids that doesn't even require grinding
>>
>>69872761

Interdasting...This coming from a South Gorean.

some of your points are valid tho. but nothing beast single player FPS games with inmmersive storyline.

multiplayer, or cartoony graphics are degenerate tho
>>
>>69872761
>The poster is TOTALLY not an sjw feminist cunt that wants you to stop playing games and man up to feed her. also divorce-rape-alimoney

jews.

every. single. fucking. time.
>>
>>69882139
No, not at all. Literature is intellectually stimulating, rotating a joystick in order to move a crosshair over a "radroach" like it means anything sound pretty fucking pointless and autistic to me.

I mean, you may as well be an autist who has made a game out of flapping his arms every time a red car drives past his basement window.
>>
>>69872761
Modern anime
>>
>>69881397
Everything you said can be applied to reading books as well. Are books degenerate?
>>
>>69882516
>implying you can't have literature in video games
>>
>>69872761
Heroin
>>
>>69872761
This sounds like the kind of rage thread you would make after losing to some kid doing six pool
>>
>>69872761
watching movies or television is far more degenerate than video games.

the former are entirely passive brainrot
>>
>>69879656
>SC2
Please tell me you at least have a decent ICCUP ranking?
>>
>>69873153
>praise le sun xXD
>>
>>69882592
Comparing books to video games is kind of like comparing coffee to crack... so kind of the same thing, but not really, straw man.

Yeah, they both fit under the blanket term "escapism," but I'm pretty sure books actually serve to improve vocabulary, memory, attention, creativity, and linguistic finesse. I mean, if you think gaming provides comparable benefits, by all means start smoking crack. Totally okay because it's a stimulant just like coffee. Totally same thing.
>>
>>69882645
Implying you can't find corn in nuggets of shit.
>>
>>69872761
Plastic surgery and k pop are degenerate as fuck
>>
>>69883015
The better analogy is its like comparing 4cham to actual letter writing
>>
>>69872761
>Is there anything more degenerate than video games?

kpop and cosmetically enhanced gooks
>>
>>69883046
>didn't check the flag the first time.

fuck off straya I was wrong to even respond to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 160x160
>this thread
>>
>>69883015
Also, straw man V straw man. I'm meta as fuck.
>>
>>69882185
not necessarily a bad thing. normalfags would usually yell at nerds to "get a life" or "get social life" etc etc. well, 4chan is kind of a pseudo-social life any way, minus political correctness.
>>
>>69883104
At least feel comforted that your tax dollars aren't going towards the proliferation of k-pop and e-sports via the Ministry of Culture.
>>
>>69873036
>hating the wwe
atleast it's not as fake as your woman
>>
>>69883015
>comparing video games to crack
You are taking it to extremes here. And also one could argue certain games improve some of the skills you mentioned.
>>
>>69882074
>you learn a thousand and one things. You can apply this to create your very own critical mind.
Depends on what you read.
>>
>>69872761

What a crock of shit.

I'm 23. I used to buy into the whole bar scene/culture, because that's what people my age tend to do. I know so many weekend alcoholics who are just out of college. THAT is degenerate, my friend. I'm glad I stopped going out and getting drunk on Fridays and Saturdays. One of the ways I coped with cutting down my drinking was allowing myself to blow off steam with a little gaming every now and then.

I still lift. I still do stuff with my girlfriend. I still study and work.

There are far more degenerate activities than a little gaming in moderation. Don't equate all of us with heroine addicts.
>>
File: 1457477668524.jpg (16 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1457477668524.jpg
16 KB, 280x280
>>69883015
For example, I learned English thanks to video games. When I grew up most of them weren't localized and my dad was fluent so he didn't care anyway. Only way for me to play was to learn the language. Then when we did it in school the learning pace was too slow for me. The only thing I learned from English literature was old English or Shakespeare English.

Video games are not just Call of Duty, DotA, or StarCraft. I don't think it's a coincidence that as gaming became more widespread and popular, the "dumber" genres also became more popular.

It also seems that some people apparently have a real addiction problem. Then when they finally manage to "quit" video games they become militant about it.
>>
pol is more of a problem for me. I cant even play vidya propably.
>>
Oh look this thread again. Surprised the transgender Canadian isn't here to tell you how he had to go to therapy because of videogames.
>>
File: 1456404435435.jpg (93 KB, 755x696) Image search: [Google]
1456404435435.jpg
93 KB, 755x696
>>69883524
Oh snap.
>>
>>69873554
Sunny
Tiffany
Jessica but i think she left
Seohyun
Taeyon
Hyeyeon or ehatever the fuck
The michael jackson looking motherfucker
2 more i cant remeber
>>
>>69872761
I agree.
But i want to be a professional gamer. Play games and make a living.
It is a passion of mine.
What to do?
>>
>>69872761
Video games have:
>Raised my self-esteem
>Gotten me laid with 3 girls
>Massively improved my English
>Massively improved my social skills
>Killed my fear of people

Playing MMO games in my spare time while still attending school/work really helped me come out of my shell.
>>
>>69878073
What absolute bs. The golden age of gaming was about 15 years ago. Its just gotten worse and worse then with only a few good games
>>
>>69881214
I thought this was just common knowledge. Computer Vision Syndrome is the specific form of eye strain associated with looking at screens for too long. I don't really need to cite anything when it's an actual medical term in the first place.
>>
>>69883015
>I mean, if you think gaming provides comparable benefits
Different benefits, but still plenty of them
>increased dexterity
>improved memory and analytical skills
>less at risk for neuro-degenerative disorders
>implying you can't learn new words from games when games have words

I wouldn't say books or video games really increase your creativity to any significant degree, either. Video games have actually taught me about the value of money and basic concepts about microeconomics. Sounds like you've either played really shitty games or have never played games before.
>>
>>69884470
most of the stuff from RPGmaker. they're great and they're the same as 15 years ago.
>>
>>69884470
With VR-tech finally being commercially viable, this is not an unrealistic vision. And with professional game engines like Unreal and Unity being free, I believe we will see an increase in good quality indie games in the future.
A lot of AAA shit, yes, but also with some gems hidden in between.
>>
>>69883524
Amerifriend bringing the bantz
>>
Resident Evil 5 is not degenerate:
>White man goes to africa
>Blacks have viral infection "uroboros"
>End up killing shit tons of blacks and get rewarded for it
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.