[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be super progressive >race mix >have kid >kid gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1451402440468.jpg (57 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1451402440468.jpg
57 KB, 722x349
>be super progressive
>race mix
>have kid
>kid gets sick
>needs a new heart or else he will die
>due to his mixed genetics it is extremely difficult to find a match
>kid dies

Should we blame the parents for the death of their kid?
>>
If you get a shit car with a bad engine, dont be suprised if it breaks
>>
>>69866792
Also, does this make race mixing unethical?
>>
>>69866792
Not enough details to make that call. Did the parents do something to cause the heart problems in the child, is it a hereditary condition, is it a birth defect, or is it because the child fell ill?
>>
>>69866792
While it's cruel of the parents to do that, they should know better. It shouldn't be illegal but there wouldn't be much remorse.
>>
>>69866997
Do you think two people, regardless of race, should get a genetic screening to check for potential issues? The way Ashkenazais do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_genetics_of_Jews#Ashkenazi_diseases
>>
>>69867024
Let's say it is because the kid fell ill
>>
>>69867145
Should a race-mixed couple be any more guilty than a non-mixed couple if their child falls ill? Is it a factor, or no?
>>
>>69867145
Ok. Now did the kid become ill due to the parent's neglecting to provide proper care for the child or is it merely by chance?
>>
>>69867231
That the kid got I'll is bad luck, but by race mixing the parents severely limit the medical opportunity's to cure the kid
>>
Yes. Parents should know the full repercussions of their genetic defectiveness before conception.
The sad thing is nobody realizes that mixed kids are fucked when it comes to organ/bone marrow transplants because race is very real and matching a person with a donor within their race is just step one in securing a match.
Natural selection I suppose.
>>
>>69866792
>organ compatibility isn't a social construct
Check you organ functionality privilege shitlord
>>
>>69867357
Okay, than going back to my first question - should all people planning to have kids undergo genetic screening like Ashkenazis do to make sure there are no outstanding risks?
>>
>>69866792
>be hard working middle class Americans
>have kid
>kid gets sick
>needs a new heart or else he will die
>parents can't afford new heart

Should we blame the parents for the death of their kid?
>>
>>69866792
You could give your kid your organ if it's one you have doubles of, like a liver
>>
>>69867490
>doubles of
>like a liver

They donate a portion of it, you only have one liver.
>>
>>69867461
We are not talking about increasing or decreasing the risk of getting ill, therefore genetic screening is not needed.
>>
>>69867357
>That the kid got I'll is bad luck, but by race mixing the parents severely limit the medical opportunity's to cure the kid

Even if both parents were of the same race the kid is not guaranteed a donor. A transplant does not always guarantee survival either. There are so many factors that play into the whole procedure being successful that I don't see how you could blame the parents. Especially if they are putting in effort to provide proper care for their sick kid. If anything that's an example of great parents who are doing everything they can to save their child.
>>
>>69867468
You should blame your third world country for that
>>
>>69867697
Because there is a huge surplus of hearts just lying around in first world countries right?
>>
>>69867734
At least we don't have to go bankrupt to get a new one when we need one
>>
>>69867657
Well, there's no way of knowing if two people have kids the kids will develop illnesses later in life without screening. Mixed genetics may make it more difficult to treat, but that could well happen without the kid being mixed.

So no, the parents aren't to blame, unless they fail to treat the disease to the best of their abilities.

(It's subjective evidence, but I know a lot of mixed kids and their parents here, and none have ever mentioned their kids having any serious illnesses.)
>>
>>69867658
http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/news/latest-press-releases/2015-press-release-archive/non-white-children-face-needle-haystack-search-bone-marrow-matches-because-donor-shortage-warn-great
>>
>>69866792
Having a kid and the kid catching a cold and get better is foreseeable.
Having a kid and the kid needing a new heart is not foreseeable.
>>
>>69868061
This just proves my point. Nobody is guaranteed a donor. You are put on a waiting list for a organ necessary for survival that must meet very specific qualifications. Even once you are at the top of the list and have a donor there are still plenty of things that can cause a transplant to fail. I don't understand how you would be able to argue that this is somehow the parents fault? Are you implying because there are shortage of donors that the parents are responsible for that? Should the parents have expected their child to eventually catch a life threatening illness?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.