[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not giving money to homeless drug addicts >2016 http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Anatoly-Rakhimbaev-7-2-7309591.jpg (348 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
Anatoly-Rakhimbaev-7-2-7309591.jpg
348 KB, 950x633
>not giving money to homeless drug addicts
>2016

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2012/mar/20/ok-to-give-to-homeless-drug-addicts

It's LITERALLY the year 2016 and people still think it's not OK to give money to drug addicts to buy drugs with.
>>
File: TipOfTheIceberg.jpg (64 KB, 680x456) Image search: [Google]
TipOfTheIceberg.jpg
64 KB, 680x456
>>69865096
>>
>>69865409
>berg
>>
>>69865487
/pol is always right/
>>
>>69865096
I support it. I want them to die.
>>
>>69865096
I always cite this story when I talk about giving to homeless.

I'm a manager at a pizza place and sometimes I open early in the morning. After a while of doing the same schedule I came across a homeless man who approached me before I got my daily coffee at Starbucks. He asked if I could buy him a coffee and spare a cigarette, so I did. Later that same day I saw him walking along a road close to my house approximately 5 miles from where I saw him earlier. The next morning he was there asking to spare change and a cigarette. The cycle repeated for many days before it struck me: if he's able to get the same distance from my house to my work every day to ask me for handouts, why can't he hold down a job?

I see him near my store occasionally but I don't give him anything anymore since he usually panhandles my customers anyhow. I feel bad for him but it makes me realize that a lot of people like that choose their lifestyle and have abandoned the prospect of choosing one like mine.

Another anecdotal story is that my friend and coworker once saw his mom approach a panhandler to offer a banana and the person's response was to throw the banana back in his mom's face and exclaim that he was looking for money not a banana.

I have dozens of other anecdotes involving panhandlers asking for gas at gas stations then later selling their gas can for petty cash along with stories about people with gas cans asking for gas money in front of liquor stores and such.

I don't necessarily always think their money is for drugs but I certainly don't think they're as bad off as their stories imply. A guy once tried to punk me for cigarettes after I gave him one on the way into a store and I watched him pretend to look for the one he supposedly lost for a minute before he suddenly found it.
>>
>>69865096
Here in Dallas they're building free housing for homeless addict criminals right near downtown, while I have to struggle paying rent that keeps getting higher. U literally have to have a criminal record to get one of these fancy new units. Similar apartment would cost me over 1k per month. All the libcuks love it.
>>
>>69868399
lol homelessness is a first world problem
>>
>>69868685
Wtf is this true? Where are they by? I feel like I've seen them before, but I never thought they were for the homeless.
>>
>>69868685
You're in Texas. Stop living like a fucking yankee. Move ten minutes away to a real neighborhood and start turning your rent into equity. Living downtown in a Texas city is for idiots from new york and other retarded foreigners.
>>
>>69869499

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/20/tiny-home-dallas-homeless-housing-first-strategy

>>69869574
You mean move an hour away, and even those houses are way too expensive. I hate commuting. The only way to really save is to live cheap and with roommates, which sucks. I don't plan on living here forever so buying at the top of the market is out of the question, you nigger.
>>
>>69865096
The more money you give them, the more likely they are to OD

Sounds like a good idea to me
>>
>>69868399

Yeah, I've same similar experiences where they turn down food instead of money, even though one of the was shouting for help saying he hadn't eaten in days (and he weighed like 350 lbs). I offered to buy him a hot dog from the street vendor with all the fixins, like $4 and he turned it down and said he wanted cash.

They litter flagrantly and shit / piss anywhere and panhandle in the subways and buses (yes, inside moving buses) and ask for 2 dollars at a time. I remember when they used to ask for a quarter. Now I'm expected to pay $2. If I give him $1 he'll say "I asked for TWO".

So I don't give them shit except the death stare now. They can die in a ditch and society would be better off without those ingrates.

Also, homeless people with PETS. They have enough resources to feed a dog and buy cigarettes and they still have the balls to ask me for money? Fuck em.
>>
>>69868685
It's even worse. They actually pay criminals monthly sums to not commit crime in some cities, and more are looking into it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.