[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>virtually no arguments to be seen Prove to me that government
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
>virtually no arguments to be seen

Prove to me that government is moral
>>
File: tumblr_o21u45UI2K1v5kciro1_400.gif (2 MB, 399x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o21u45UI2K1v5kciro1_400.gif
2 MB, 399x270
if there was no government how would you cash your welfare checks?
>>
>>69865156
NOT
>>
It's not, but the alternative wouldn't be either. It's sort of a catch 22. No utopia exists.
>>
>>69865156
I don't need to my wife's lover pays our bills
>>
>>69864952
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
File: 1451159676122.jpg (19 KB, 240x230) Image search: [Google]
1451159676122.jpg
19 KB, 240x230
>>69865211
bodies of water such as lakes or oceans
>>
>>69865299
Kill yourself.
>>
>>69864952
>Prove to me that government is moral
Why? Who in their right mind claimed that government was moral?
>>
>>69865410
Not an argument
>>
why did bee pepe turn into molyneux?
>>
>>69865545
I really don't understand that lol
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 1242x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 1242x568
>>69865713
first it's bee pepe...
>>
File: image.jpg (286 KB, 1242x1532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286 KB, 1242x1532
>>69865713
>>69866172
then it's molyneux
>>
All moral principles are ultimately axiomatic and therefore subjective. All moral arguments are therefore really arguments over consistency, semantics, and preference.

Government is moral because I prefer government to no government, because I believe it to be in my interest to do so, and to be a better form of social organization than anarchy.
>>
>>69865217
you are a cuck?
>>
>>69865214
>No utopia exists.
Death exists, anon.
>>
Nice thread OP, my turn.

>literally no argument to be seen

Prove to me math is racist.
>>
>>69866517
I believe death is just the end. If we're lucky, the universe implodes and explodes into infinity and I will one day exist again. There is nothing glamorous about non-existance.
>>
>>69866769
Yes, but if you do not exist, why would non-existence's lack of glamour matter? Barring a possibility of immortality, life is meaningless after reproduction.
>>
File: chairman yang cuck.jpg (169 KB, 291x350) Image search: [Google]
chairman yang cuck.jpg
169 KB, 291x350
>>69866954
The purpose of life is life itself
>>
>>69866954
I don't think that's true. Life only has the meaning you give it. I feel I live in a pretty mundane part of history, but I enjoy the parts of life I have control over. I like music and video games and sex and Hitler, I just wish non-existance wasn't an inevitability. Some people think death brings some sort of extra meaning to life, but I disagree.

I just wish I was born a little later. I think we are on the precipice of major scientific breakthroughs that could very well propel us beyond our star.
>>
>>69867196
And hurtling useless platitudes makes one a philosopher, but not necessarily a good one.

>>69867458
Well, when one says death makes life have meaning, they imply that the fear or knowledge of your inevitable non-existence will make what time you spent on things you enjoyed that much more special. It is a matter of relativity. Food is better when you are hungry. Cola tastier when you ween yourself off of sugar. Sleep much more restful when you were tired. Life would have no real meaning if there was not death to contrast it.

But I will contend that happiness is a vain pursuit. I don't think people shouldn't do what makes them happy, but I think life only exists to propagate life. But in billions if not trillions if not even more years, the universe will cease to be full of life. Our possible escape from our celestial confinement shall have been in vain, hoping to eek out what precious little time we have before the end, when the temperature of the universe becomes uniform, and light ceases to exist naturally. Eventually, all stored energy in this universe will be exhausted, and life will die, taking with it billions of years of knowledge and advancement. And that is even if we are able to colonize other planets and solar systems. Hell, maybe tomorrow we will get absolutely fucked up by a rock the size of Guatemala, and my words will have meant nothing in the end. Maybe I enjoyed typing them, but memory of that enjoyment is gone, as I no longer have firing neurons. Every tangible measure of happiness ceases to exist, and so again I say what does any of it matter?
>>
>>69866429
>All moral principles are ultimately axiomatic and therefore subjective
Says you, faggot. Many philosophers believe in objective moral truth
>>
>>69868233
>Many philosophers believe in objective moral truth
Such as?

I believe I ran into a similar claim a couple of weeks ago and the only philosopher named never once discussed objective morality. The closest he got was sexual morality.
>>
>>69868297
Rand etc.
>>
>>69868479
I think you're putting the cart in front of the horse there. IIRC Ayn tried to argue her concept of objectivity was moral not that morality was objective.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.